AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2015-04-02, 13:53   Link #1
Htoad2020

Alien/Human Romance

I'm looking for a manga where a relationship is between an alien and a human.

Requirements:

Main character is male and human.

The alien-human relationship may or may not be romantic.

The alien must be humanoid but not look like a human (To Love-Ru NO) (Avatar, or Cat Planet Cuties, YES Elves are OK )
Htoad2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 18:15   Link #2
Darthtabby

My top recommendation would be Crest/Banner of the Stars, but I suspect you may have seen those already.

The newly crowned enemy empress in Irresponsible Captain Tylor seems to have an interest in the main character.

Some of the Macross series should qualify, especially if you're willing to stretch your requirements just a little.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 22:16   Link #3
Ghiest Cid

Oh, My Sweet Alien! = alien abduct a man. The man fall in love with alien. They marry and have a a child.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 22:34   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
Oh, My Sweet Alien! = alien abduct a man. The man fall in love with alien. They marry and have a a child.
Yeah, good manga.

The only other one that comes to mind is Outlanders.

There's Guardian Dog but I don't remember that she looks anything other than human (at least in Outlanders she has horns). edit: ah, looks like she does have pointy ears at least, lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 04:11   Link #5
Poodicus
The One and Only

Send a message via Skype™ to Poodicus
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Urusei Yatsura" at all, considering that it's probably one of the, if not, THE first manga of an human and alien relationship, and is more or less the grandfather (or in this case grandmother considering who the author is) manga of "Moe" and "Tsundere".
Poodicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 04:28   Link #6
jedinat
フリーター

^Totally forgot about that one. Probably because I think it's terrible, lol... I like Ranma 1/2 though.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 09:31   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

Was the girl alien or not in Dragonaut The Resonance? I remember there was a lot going on in space.
Old 2015-04-03, 20:21   Link #8
Htoad2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
My top recommendation would be Crest/Banner of the Stars, but I suspect you may have seen those already.

The newly crowned enemy empress in Irresponsible Captain Tylor seems to have an interest in the main character.

Some of the Macross series should qualify, especially if you're willing to stretch your requirements just a little.
Watch/Read all but Irresponsible Captain Tylor i'll look for that one hope it is dubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
Very good one have it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yeah, good manga.

The only other one that comes to mind is Outlanders.

There's Guardian Dog but I don't remember that she looks anything other than human (at least in Outlanders she has horns). edit: ah, looks like she does have pointy ears at least, lol.
Outlands is good I've read/have it. don't like Guardian Dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodicus View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Urusei Yatsura" at all, considering that it's probably one of the, if not, THE first manga of an human and alien relationship, and is more or less the grandfather (or in this case grandmother considering who the author is) manga of "Moe" and "Tsundere".
Have and it is long but good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
^Totally forgot about that one. Probably because I think it's terrible, lol... I like Ranma 1/2 though.
Do not like Ranma 1/2 not into a guy turning into a girl,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Was the girl alien or not in Dragonaut The Resonance? I remember there was a lot going on in space.
Yes she was and i watched it dubbed and it was ok.

Last edited by Flower; 2015-04-03 at 20:44.
Old 2015-04-04, 09:29   Link #9
Fizix
Nitpicking

Would Eureka Seven count? It might not, its an outside option of the not quite human (such as elves) variety and is a romance, quite a sweet one too (if a bit cheesy).

Without spoiling it... its not alien x human as such, Eureka isn't entirely human, the spoiler-less description I'd use would be a hybrid between human and something else.

In terms of appearance, Eureka looks human but has something not quite human about her appearance and personality.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 19:36   Link #10
Htoad2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
Would Eureka Seven count? It might not, its an outside option of the not quite human (such as elves) variety and is a romance, quite a sweet one too (if a bit cheesy).

Without spoiling it... its not alien x human as such, Eureka isn't entirely human, the spoiler-less description I'd use would be a hybrid between human and something else.

In terms of appearance, Eureka looks human but has something not quite human about her appearance and personality.
Eureka is not human but she is not a alien (future/past?) you need to watch/read the other Eureka Seven anime/manga.
Old 2015-04-04, 20:18   Link #11
AnimeFangirl

Seems you've watched most of the anime with that motif. How about some manga? Knock yourself out.
Old 2015-04-05, 07:35   Link #12
RichardFromMarple

Nadia The Secret Of Blue Water had elements of this.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 18:41   Link #13
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htoad2020 View Post
Eureka is not human but she is not a alien (future/past?) you need to watch/read the other Eureka Seven anime/manga.
I only watched the original 50 episode season.

Spoiler:
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote