AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-11, 09:48   Link #21
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Did Tsunade's diamond grow back? I recall it was supposed to disappear after she uses it and only come back after she stores power for a long period of time.

I guess it means she can use the instant regen skill again and possibly spread it out among all the kages.

Wonder who will be able to stop Madara. From what things look like, he is way above every one even all the strongest, including Naruto and Sasuke, combined unless the first is revived or Orochimaru pulls an edo-tensei counter out of his mouth.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:54   Link #22
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm glad long haired tobi was madara. that makes more sense to me than it being obito too.
Nowhere in this chapter did it show that. Long-haired Tobi was around during the Uchiha Massacre, which occurred well after the flashback events shown on the last page. Besides, Madara is shown on the last page to have gone grey/white in his old age. Are you saying he dyed his hair later on?

Quote:
another revelation is that i was probably right that madara transplanted some other uchiha's sharingans after he gave nagato his rinnegan. that or they are in this weird limbo that restores sharingans? but it didnt make him younger. i guess first off, i'd like to know where they are exactly lol
According to the timeline, Madara should already be dead by the time Obito's body is crushed by the boulder. This was concluded from the fact that Madara died shortly after attaining the Rinnegan. And we should all be able agree that Nagato did already have the Rinnegan when Obito "died".

So, to me, the last panel which shows old Madara with his eyes intact tending to a sewn-together Obito, cannot be taken at face value. The last page only seems to make sense if it takes place in a limbo world between life and death.

I don't see how Madara could still be alive at that point in time. If he were, you'd think he would have taken the time to raise Nagato himself (so that he would be more loyal), rather than leaving him in a war-torn country. Alternatively, if Madara were still alive, he could have given the Rinnegan to Obito rather than Nagato.
__________________
Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:55   Link #23
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The last page of this chapter seems to me a pretty solid nail into the coffin of this theory.
And why is that?
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:56   Link #24
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
Maybe Madara know's Orochimaru's body swapping technique and used it before he died. Thus explaining why zombie Madara looks so much younger than old Madara...
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:58   Link #25
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 23
Well I think the person who knows all, that Orochimaru spoke off is Madara so they are probably going to where Madara is...
But unless Orochimaru has a counter measure for a renegade edo-tensai(knowing him, he probably has) it will take a new person showing up to stand a chance against Madara...
__________________
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:59   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
And why is that?
Gray hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Thus explaining why zombie Madara looks so much younger than old Madara...
No that was Kabuto's doing, he explained that he managed to revive him into his prime.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:02   Link #27
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Gray hair.
That doesn't contradict the theory of Madara and Obito being Tobi, since the idea does not rule out the possibility of a third person being involved.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:09   Link #28
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Gray hair.

No that was Kabuto's doing, he explained that he managed to revive him into his prime.
Ahh, must have missed that bit. Cheers.

Madara should be happy he was brought back by Kabuto with the Edo-Ten. Otherwise he would be all old and frail looking a bit like your avatar?

I just always want Oro to be involved for some reason. I was absolutely buzzing when he made his recent comeback.
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:20   Link #29
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
This chapter makes Tobi = Obito looked cool,,

so is everyone still upset that Tobi is Obito??

the story is getting interesting I might say,,,
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:22   Link #30
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Another possibility is that the old Madara seen on the last page is not the real one, but a Zetsu clone that was left behind by the original for the purpose of guiding Yahiko into creating Akatsuki and training Obito over the period of a year or two. That would also solve the timeline issue.
__________________
Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:27   Link #31
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Out getting ice cream with Moka and Akasha.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Did Tsunade's diamond grow back? I recall it was supposed to disappear after she uses it and only come back after she stores power for a long period of time.

I guess it means she can use the instant regen skill again and possibly spread it out among all the kages.

Wonder who will be able to stop Madara. From what things look like, he is way above every one even all the strongest, including Naruto and Sasuke, combined unless the first is revived or Orochimaru pulls an edo-tensei counter out of his mouth.
Yes, Tsunade's Yin seal was clearly visible, I think that Tsunade will use the chakra left in the Yin seal to perform Sozo Saisei to heal the other kage and then use Katsuyu to reattach the lower half of her body and then proceed with healing, the only real drawback is the Creation Rebirth technique with effect her hayflick limit.
__________________
Akasha The Nosferatu
Shinso Tsukune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:30   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
That doesn't contradict the theory of Madara and Obito being Tobi, since the idea does not rule out the possibility of a third person being involved.
It removes Madara from all of Tobi's appearances including the ones from Bloody Mist era and prior to the Uchiha massacre. Without those two there is no need nor reason for a Madara impersonating Tobi and the only thing remaining is an Obito hidding his disfigured face in order to impersonate Madara (although his willingness to show off his face to Sasuke and Kisame is nonsensical but whatever I guess).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Another possibility is that the old Madara seen on the last page is not the real one, but a Zetsu clone that was left behind by the original for the purpose of guiding Yahiko into creating Akatsuki and training Obito over the period of a year or two. That would also solve the timeline issue.
That was the first thing that came to mind to salvage the issue but if that was the case Edo-Madara wouldn't know Obito. He could only know at best that Zetsu was to seek a replacement but he couldn't know his name.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:36   Link #33
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
This is what I think,

WHen Kisame finds out that TObi is Obito,,,

I think Kisame knew their plan,,, that Obito is trying to be Madara,,

Kisame said that...

"I never knew that you were TObi, Mizukage,..... I mean, Madara"

when Kisame said " I mean Madara", I think he knew the plan,,, thats why he killed himself when the Intelligence are trying to get in his brain
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:39   Link #34
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It removes Madara from all of Tobi's appearances including the ones from Bloody Mist era and prior to the Uchiha massacre. Without those two there is no need nor reason for a Madara impersonating Tobi and the only thing remaining is an Obito hidding his disfigured face in order to impersonate Madara (although his willingness to show off his face to Sasuke and Kisame is nonsensical but whatever I guess).
You are correct about Tobi's showing during the nigt of the massacre. However, Madara's grey hair during the time of Obito's face crushing does not mean grey hair during the second great ninja war. So at that time it might very well have been Madara under the mask.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:52   Link #35
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
I don't recall a flashback featuring Tobi during the 2nd world war.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:55   Link #36
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I don't recall a flashback featuring Tobi during the 2nd world war.
There's no need for that. We know this because Tobi said that he was the one who gave Nagato the Rinnegan, which happened at that time.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:58   Link #37
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
I'm not sure I follow your reasoning, everything Obito said on the subject was while impersonating Madara (even when it made no sense to do so). The fact(?) that Madara gave his eyes to Nagato doesn't imply that he was disguised as Tobi back then.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 11:01   Link #38
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Yes, Tsunade's Yin seal was clearly visible, I think that Tsunade will use the chakra left in the Yin seal to perform Sozo Saisei to heal the other kage and then use Katsuyu to reattach the lower half of her body and then proceed with healing, the only real drawback is the Creation Rebirth technique with effect her hayflick limit.
Tsunade is getting ready to do a Heroic Sacrifice. She likely won't have enough to heal herself after the others. She'll save the other Kages at the cost of her own life. I honestly thought Onoki would be the one to go. But I guess after he acknowledged Naruto, he was safe.

Now we know why Kishi had Dan go to her one last time.
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 11:05   Link #39
Ansible
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
So obito was rescued by some old dude. Old dude is not necessarily Madara though. Why couldn't he be Madara's brother Izuna?

Its true that the old dude has eyes, and Izuna lost his. But eyes can be transplanted without much difficulty in the narutoverse. Its plausible that Tobi and Izuna are linked somehow, especially since Tobi is such an eye collector. Maybe that's Izuna's collection of eyes from over the years, that Tobi inherited.

So maybe Obito was Izuna's protege, or maybe there's even some kind of personality merger there. He certainly seems to be on familiar terms with Madara.
Ansible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 11:08   Link #40
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm not sure I follow your reasoning, everything Obito said on the subject was while impersonating Madara (even when it made no sense to do so). The fact(?) that Madara gave his eyes to Nagato doesn't imply that he was disguised as Tobi back then.
Oh nevermind, I thought I'd remember Tobi helping out Hanzo during the war, but I just checked and it was Danzou, not Tobi. Don't know why I have this image in my head.

But aside from that, the only justification I can see for Obito to imitate Madara would be that they both were Tobi. Obito does not have the right to speak for Madara, Tobi does. This is just assumption, though, and it is not even relevant to the story when Tobi doesn't appear that early in the timeline, as you rightfully pointed out.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.