AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-07, 22:01   Link #41
Dragos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I wanted to cry too....because Yuzu can't speak more than 3 words without pausing! It was irritating to me, I was like "Spit it out already BRAT!" Seriously that pausing in Yuzu's speaking was the only thing I really disliked about this episode. I hope they put her in a speech therapy school
She's only five, could you speak perfectly when you were five?
Dragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 23:02   Link #42
Za Paper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
I just watched it again to make sure....Yuzu was abandoned. The relatives didn't even know where Yuzu's mother was. She just "disappeared" if I am not mistaken. As Satsuki said, "She left without a trace." Nobody knew where she was. She didn't notify anyone that she was going to leave. The anime doesn't hint at all that she made these "plans" to leave Yuzu with her relatives.Unless I missing something key here. I am thinking that, if she did indeed needed some time to think, wouldn't she just drop off the child at the relatives house or something and tell them that, I need time to sort things out? It didn't appear that way as everyone was SHOCKED that she indeed disappeared. Doesn't sound like plans were made for Yuzu....

As for the mother not being able to tell her daughter goodbye, what type of crap is that? The daughter is 5 years old. No reason just to up and leave because your husband died and you don't feel you can raise the child on your own. Too hard for her, how would think it would be for the child to find out her own mother abandoned her and also not having a father......

Anyone here agree or disagree? Or I am missing something because I haven't read the manga.....
I agree. I think some sort of social services found Yuzuyu abandoned and contacted the nearest relatives to take care of her until they could find the mom. We dont know if that was the case however, since it wasnt explained but there was really no evidence of a plan by the mom. If Yuzuyu's dream was any reflection, it seemed the mom left very hastily and with no explanation.

As for the mom not saying goodbye, I'm hoping there is some legitimate explanation instead of her just being a coward and leaving. Having your husband die is no reason to abandon your kid but the sad truth is that sometimes people have mental breakdowns when tragedy happens to them.

And the whole stuttering bit was cute. When kids cry they tend to stutter.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 23:07   Link #43
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
I just watched it again to make sure....Yuzu was abandoned. The relatives didn't even know where Yuzu's mother was. She just "disappeared" if I am not mistaken. As Satsuki said, "She left without a trace." Nobody knew where she was. She didn't notify anyone that she was going to leave. The anime doesn't hint at all that she made these "plans" to leave Yuzu with her relatives.Unless I missing something key here. I am thinking that, if she did indeed needed some time to think, wouldn't she just drop off the child at the relatives house or something and tell them that, I need time to sort things out? It didn't appear that way as everyone was SHOCKED that she indeed disappeared. Doesn't sound like plans were made for Yuzu....

As for the mother not being able to tell her daughter goodbye, what type of crap is that? The daughter is 5 years old. No reason just to up and leave because your husband died and you don't feel you can raise the child on your own. Too hard for her, how would think it would be for the child to find out her own mother abandoned her and also not having a father......

Anyone here agree or disagree? Or I am missing something because I haven't read the manga.....
she just vanished ok... and everyone was shocked... who wouldnt be shocked
even if u knew the girl was coming to live there and be taken care by u and your
family... u'd STILL be shocked...

knowing before hand does not detract from SHOCK VALUE of her sudden
dissapperance... they know to take care of the girl.. they just dont know
where the F--- her mom is... thats all

but she knew yuzu would be taken care of... that's enough for me that PLANS
were made... AND

Spoiler:


and not telling the girl goodbye? what kind of crap is that?

that's called emotional baggage... she wasnt fit to take care of her daughter and
knew that... therefore she had to leave... because she wouldnt be able to do
anything for her daughter.. peaple have mental breakdowns... people feel
inferior... people feel helpless and useless... IT HAPPENS... at least the woman
was well aware enough to GO DEAL with her problems... like people checking
into a rehab program to overcome drug use... and like i said.,.. leaving
yuzu with family was PLANNED

if she were to tell yuzu face to face GOODBYE she wouldnt be able to do it
because she is too weak of a person... her resolve would waver because she
does love her daughter...

if you cant understand that much... then i dont know what else i can say
__________________
Hook'em

Last edited by emessen; 2004-04-07 at 23:18.
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 23:54   Link #44
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
she just vanished ok... and everyone was shocked... who wouldnt be shocked
even if u knew the girl was coming to live there and be taken care by u and your
family... u'd STILL be shocked...

knowing before hand does not detract from SHOCK VALUE of her sudden
dissapperance... they know to take care of the girl.. they just dont know
where the F--- her mom is... thats all

but she knew yuzu would be taken care of... that's enough for me that PLANS
were made... AND

Spoiler:


and not telling the girl goodbye? what kind of crap is that?

that's called emotional baggage... she wasnt fit to take care of her daughter and
knew that... therefore she had to leave... because she wouldnt be able to do
anything for her daughter.. peaple have mental breakdowns... people feel
inferior... people feel helpless and useless... IT HAPPENS... at least the woman
was well aware enough to GO DEAL with her problems... like people checking
into a rehab program to overcome drug use... and like i said.,.. leaving
yuzu with family was PLANNED

if she were to tell yuzu face to face GOODBYE she wouldnt be able to do it
because she is too weak of a person... her resolve would waver because she
does love her daughter...

if you cant understand that much... then i dont know what else i can say
I understand alright....that she was abandoned. This still doesn't change the fact that she up and left. Wasn't fit to take care of daughter because her of her husband's death? I agree with you. That woman is weak. That still doesn't give her the right to leave her daughter. I am speaking from the anime and not from the manga. She up and left her daughter. No one else was in the house at the time. You just don't leave a 5 year old child in a house all alone. No excuses.

Okay, I just read some of the manga. So she sent a letter, yeah! (sarcasm) Still doesn't make what she did right. She could have took the girl to the relatives and been an ADULT and tell her child that mommy needs to go away for awhile. She had to go all the up north to Japan or wherever to send her daughter a letter stating why she couldn't take care of her daughter and that mommy loves her!!?

You say she knew that Yuzu was going to be taken care of? What if the relatives decided not to take care of her and just left Yuzu alone? What then? Yuzu is assed out huh? Sorry that ain't flying with me. She didn't plan ahead of time, otherwise she would've taken Yuzu to the relatives house first, explain the "ordeal" she was going through and left. That would've made more sense to me then just to leave the house without notice.

I think she was fit, she just didn't want to take care of her responsibilities as parent, so she decided to run away and abandon her child hoping someone else would pick up the slack.....

Still, I understand your point of view, but you have to understand mine as well. Just doesn't sit right with me that's all.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 00:09   Link #45
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
why are you dwelling on what if's?
this is a story.. presented the way it is presented... certain characters act the way they do
because that is their character.. that is how they act... that is how it is planned... that is
how the story is to unfold... if there were no problems at all.. there would be no story...

to put it simply

u have a problem with her abandoning her child the way she did...

well of course.. that's understandable...

you interpret a person's weakness as being wrong, wrong, wrong, and unjustifiable..
u cannot understand why a mother would do what she did...

that is the problem here...

this person is not you.. this person does not have the strength or fortitude that u would
want her to... u think that she is fit... just irresponsible... IMPOSSIBLE.. because if she was
as irresponsible as u make her out to be.. she wouldnt be a fit mother...

her acttions are NOT about right or wrong...

her actions are completely UNDERSTANDABLE... maybe not ACCEPTABLE in terms of morals
and societal ethics.... but UNDERSTANDABLE nonetheless...

like i and someone else said... a tragedy the death of a person... ESPECIALLY the death of your spouse
the FINANCIAL support and pillar of the household.. is a very nerve racking event... and how people act
because of what happens... is just to be understood because their world just turned upside down
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:12   Link #46
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kansas
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
Does anyone read the manga in Ribon? Does it end in the April 2004 issue or will it continue in the May issue?
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:21   Link #47
marin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Hmmmmm... another Ribbon shoujo manga adaptation on Animax?

With the art style, bright backgrounds, and limited animation, it kinda reminds me of Ultra-Maniac.


Anyway, this was the cutest, sweetest thing I've watched in a long time. I really liked it. I hope they can keep this up.

If I can guess, his taking care of Yuzo will endear him to that other girl who wasn't impressed with his previous "wannabe playa" nature, and a romance will develop. This should be great!
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:25   Link #48
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
why are you dwelling on what if's?
this is a story.. presented the way it is presented... certain characters act the way they do
because that is their character.. that is how they act... that is how it is planned... that is
how the story is to unfold... if there were no problems at all.. there would be no story...

to put it simply

u have a problem with her abandoning her child the way she did...

well of course.. that's understandable...

you interpret a person's weakness as being wrong, wrong, wrong, and unjustifiable..
u cannot understand why a mother would do what she did...

that is the problem here...

this person is not you.. this person does not have the strength or fortitude that u would
want her to... u think that she is fit... just irresponsible... IMPOSSIBLE.. because if she was
as irresponsible as u make her out to be.. she wouldnt be a fit mother...

her acttions are NOT about right or wrong...

her actions are completely UNDERSTANDABLE... maybe not ACCEPTABLE in terms of morals
and societal ethics.... but UNDERSTANDABLE nonetheless...

like i and someone else said... a tragedy the death of a person... ESPECIALLY the death of your spouse
the FINANCIAL support and pillar of the household.. is a very nerve racking event... and how people act
because of what happens... is just to be understood because their world just turned upside down

Her actions weren't understandable nor justfied IMO, but I understand what you are saying. At least we agree somewhat. No matter how tough life gets, it doesn't get to tough to a point where you abandoned your child because life throws you few curve balls. I can't understand why she would run away. Life isn't a cake walk. Sure her husband died, but life goes on, deal with it. Her actions weren't understandable, because she didn't consider how the child would feel about what was about to happen. She didn't even consider the consequence of her actions, so how I am supposed to understand or even sympathize with a person like that. Something like this could scar a child for life, but she didn't care, just up and left only to send a letter from far away.....Yuzu's mother was the only real foundation of family that she had left, if she leaves her then what? With that said, I agree and disagree with what you have said. So I have nothing more to add, just that I found this part of the show to be a bit aggrivating, noneofthless, I like what I am what seeing...
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:31   Link #49
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
u are still unaccepting of the idea that she left to STABILIZE her mindset and try to deal
with the problem??? that because with her child around who would be too dependant upon
her that she would run herself ragged trying to take care of her kid when she's in such a
fragile state of mind?

like we both agree... she is a WEAK person... and what she did was very brash and
negligent, but this is how she chooses to deal with it... maybe she didnt think about her
child too much because she is very confused and desperate? you are not putting yourself
in her state of mind... u are not even trying to understand her character because you
dont think that under any circumstance should aparent ever abandon her child... but that
is stopping u from even trying to understand her... you don't even try

like i said.. u can liken this to a drug abuser checking into rehab for help that is no different...
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:43   Link #50
Yakumae
Queen of the Gum-Gums
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 38
I think what it all boils down to for me, is that she left the kid at night ... without telling anyone where she was going. From the first ep, (at least) you aren't really told where they live or how close they were to their relaitive's house (distance wise)....

We aren't told that the kid walked to their relative's house, or if they family "found out" (through a note or a anonymous phone call) that she was alone and went to get her...

So we are left to assume that the mother didn't tell anyone. I perfectly understand those who say she was emotionaly distraught and prolly wasn't thinking straight, BUT leaving a 5 yr old kid alone at night, and not telling anyone AND not coming back IS wrong. The least she could have done was take her to their relatives to "visit" and then "gone back to her house for something" and just not come back.... then she wouldn't have had to tell anyone anything, and her kid would be safe.

Leaving your kid like that, IS paromout to killing them, and IS wrong. Not all 5 yr olds know how to use the phone, or how to get to their relatives houses. The anime leaves all this out so you don't feel you have to woory because Yuzu made it fine in the end, but IN REALITY... Yuzu's mom was wrong, and could be arrested for what she did.
Yakumae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:47   Link #51
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
We aren't told that the kid walked to their relative's house, or if they family "found out" (through a note or a anonymous phone call) that she was alone and went to get her...
rewatch the first 3 minutes of episode one... kippei's mom walks her to kippei's
house... and the conversation between kippei's mom and sister tell you they know
what happened exactly...

and how else would they drraw the conclusion that she is distressed over her
husbands deatha nd went to deal? they could have just easily said she went out
and ran off on her responsibility... but they didnt...
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:58   Link #52
Yakumae
Queen of the Gum-Gums
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
rewatch the first 3 minutes of episode one... kippei's mom walks her to kippei's
house... and the conversation between kippei's mom and sister tell you they know
what happened exactly...
Errr... what conversation? I just rewatched that bit... there was no converstaion. It cuts from the "walking" scene to Kippei at school.

OR do you mean the conversation AFTER Kippei comes home from school? If so, i watched that too. There was nothing in there that indicated that they had "heard" from Yuzu's mom to tell them what was going on. If they had than they wouldn't have said "she disappeared without a trace" cause there would be a 'trace'....
Yakumae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:01   Link #53
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
ok my bad... 4 and a half minutes... it's a short brief few words andthey dont
outright say it.. but the jist is that they kno what happened...

and then during the family discussion.. kippei's lil brother satsuki talks about the husband
thing... and like i said.. why use that explanation when they could use so many others
like she was irresponsible and stupid..a nd a slut or whatever...

and without a trace... trace just means they dont know where she is now.. and that
there are no clues to which to locate her... not that they didnt hear from her prior to
her leaving...

for all we know she might have just said "please pick up yuzu"

is everyone just going to crucify the mother? without giving her at least some
benefit of the doubt?

sheesh... you guys must really not think people arent inherently good by nature
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:04   Link #54
Yakumae
Queen of the Gum-Gums
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
ok my bad... 4 and a half minutes...

and then during the family discussion.. kippei's lil brother satsuki talks about the husband
thing... and like i said.. why use that explanation when they could use so many others
like she was irresponsible and stupid..a nd a slut or whatever...
Hmm, well that part is easy to explain. Yuzu's mom was OBVIOUSLY a good person, not one who would just run off for no reason... and the family knew about the husband's death. It is THE ONLY reason that makes any sence for her to have left. (You know... the kid reminds me of him excuse.)
Yakumae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:08   Link #55
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
please re-read my post.. as i edited it because i had left out some things i meant to write...

i already site evidence that she did contact people to take care of yuzu...

several times.. and the manga backs me up that she knows where yuzu is and is
being taken care of by her family...
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:58   Link #56
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
I thought I said my peace but....can't help myself. Like I said before, it's really HARD to understand a mother whom would abandoned a child, for any reason. Given her husband died, but does that give her child just so she could find a "peace of mind." I don't doubt for one second that she was a good person by nature, but her actions were not only not understable but inappropiate as well.


Emessen, you said that the mother could've contacted Yuzu's relatives before she left. That's possible, but that wasn't what happened so therfore the viewer is given the impression that Yuzu was abandoned although the mother could've contacted the relatives before-hand. But it doesn't hint that in the anime nor manga, only when the mother is far away, everyone is aware that she is "okay." Believe it or not, I don't hate the mother, I hate the position she put her child in. Better judgement could have been used. The family members I think aren't mad her, but for actions which is why there isn't any hostiliy towards her, just the fact that she put everyone in a weird position.

I hope she does "get her mind right" so that she could come back and get rejected by her daughter. That would be justice right there, then she will see how it feels to be abandoned. I don't respect the mother at all, regardless how good of a person she is. Anyone whom abandons their child for any reason without telling them is an unfit parent in my eyes. Although the mother did contact Yuzu, but that doesn't soften the blow too much. We'll see how much of an impact her actions had on Yuzu later......
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 03:07   Link #57
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
like i said... half a dozen times already...

it's UNACCEPTABLE yes... but it is FAR from being UNBELEIVABLE

a mother... a person.. anyone can act in a irrational and irresponsible
way when subjected to pressure...

u say deal with it... well just like life... that is not a cake walk...

people are not as strong willed or driven like what they idealistaclly should be...

but that's human nature... we are not strong, but we are not weak...
we are somewhere in the middle and based on what happens to us...
we shift towards one extreme... we are molded by events and circumstance
that lead to choices being made...

right or wrong... that's how human beings rationalize things.. no matter how
irrational the choices are...

agn... u can hate the choice she made... but u have to at least understand that
this choice was apossibility among many others... and u have to accept that she
was the type of weak person to make such a choice....

and you do... you've said that before as i recall...

you say she's weak willed... and u agree with me on alot of things... but u still
dont understand why she did what she did?

i odnt think u misunderstand... u just dont accept it...
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 03:13   Link #58
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
Far from being unbelievable??!!! What she did was unbelievable??!! But again I understand what you are saying. With that said, I'm finished....until the next episode. ^_^ My fingers are starting to hurt. =)
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 03:18   Link #59
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
when i say believablity... i mean that it COULD happen given the circumstances, that
it was a possible choice...

something unbelievable would be if she got abducted by aliens in a story about
modern day japan in a highschool setting... that is unbelievable...

_______________

i lived in Houston, Texas and just so you know.. there was a case of a mother
drowning her 3 kids in the river... or was it her tub...

anyway... crap like that happens in real life... a mother is not always so loving and
caring... whether you believe it or not... it happened...

so from this type of crap that goes on int he world.. i can easily believe yuzuyu's
mother's actions... but at least yuzuyu's mom was a good person.. as evidence
read manga chapter 6... it's chock full of mushy moments between yuzuyu and her
mom in flashbacks
__________________
Hook'em

Last edited by emessen; 2004-04-08 at 03:28.
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:32   Link #60
Lina
moo.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: USA
Age: 28
This is a very sweet series but also a bit dull and the animation is very... awkward. Even if it looked better in the previews, I think I will pass..
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.