AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 08:27   Link #521
Gokenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I only wish it were that simple The Chinese could be translated more appropriately as "請不為我戰鬥/请不为我战斗" [Source: I'm a native speaker of Cantonese Chinese], and in that case, the best English translation would be "Please don't fight over me!"
Thank you for your tip!
I'm so relieved that there is Chinese who is kind to Japanese now.
(Of course I don't think all Chinese broke Japanese companies and violated Japanese.)

I'm wondering about present anti-Japanese sentiment of Chinese people...
Gokenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:39   Link #522
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokenin View Post
Thank you for your tip!
I'm so relieved that there is Chinese who is kind to Japanese now.
(Of course I don't think all Chinese broke Japanese companies and violated Japanese.)

I'm wondering about present anti-Japanese sentiment of Chinese people...
I'm not sure if this is directly relevant to the topic, but the relation for the most part seems to be "We grit our teeth, put on our best manners and work together if required"; the Chinese and Japanese have never exactly had a warm relationship with one another since the ending of WWII (and I think some animosity predates that, going back to the Qing Dynasty). That said, most modern-generation Chinese (especially in Taiwan and Hong Kong) consume Japanese media, so I'd say that there isn't too much hate amongst them.

Most of the sentiments now probably lie with the older generation because of their direct experience with the Second World War, and younger people (surprisingly) sometimes think it's "cool" to join in in the hate. From a personal standpoint, I can understand why older generations may mistrust the Japanese, given the horrors Chinese citizens were subject to. In the present, I find no reason to mistrust the Japanese. They have a unique culture with its own historical merits, much like any other culture, and their actions in WWII resulted largely from their ultranationalist government (paralleling the situation in Europe). I believe my understanding of the history is reasonably sufficient for me to say that I respect both the Japanese and Chinese cultures for their strong points.

Concerning the islands, I personally find it to be a lot of metaphorical muscle-flexing. As long as no one throws punches, I won't be to worried about the islands
Old 2012-10-19, 10:58   Link #523
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokenin View Post
I have a solution for this dispute.

Build a moe girl poster which says
私のために喧嘩しないで!
请不战斗为我!
請不戰鬥為我!
Please don't fight for me!
I suggested a loli maid cafe with Taiwan supplying the cosmetics, Japan supplying the ideas, Hong Kong supplying their expertise for land management and China supplying the bureaucracy to block the Interpol and their attempt to ruin the industrial cooperation by enforcing so-called "child labour laws", a few pages back.

Works better than the poster since there is money and lolis involved.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 18:35   Link #524
Seitsuki
Onee!

Because what can't be brought off with money can be brought off with a loli.

Genius!
Old 2012-10-19, 19:01   Link #525
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Because what can't be brought off with money can be brought off with a loli.

Genius!
and those who couldn't be bought off can be blackmail
Old 2012-10-19, 21:10   Link #526
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
and those who couldn't be bought off can be blackmail
Snap a few photos of the princelings indulging in lolis and there goes the CCP......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:05   Link #527
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Snap a few photos of the princelings indulging in lolis and there goes the CCP......
Nah, they are content to pay lots of money to have sex with ladies like Zhang Ziyi...
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 01:21   Link #528
PzIVf3

US military carrier enters South China Sea

On board the USS George: A US aircraft carrier group cruised through the disputed South China Sea on Saturday in a show of American power in waters that are fast becoming a focal point of Washington's strategic rivalry with Beijing. Vietnamese security and government

officials were flown onto the nuclear-powered USS George Washington ship, underlining the burgeoning military relationship between the former enemies.

A small number of journalists were also invited to witness the display of maritime might in the oil-rich waters, which are home to islands disputed between China and the other smaller Asian nations facing the sea.

The visit will likely reassure Vietnam and the Philippines of American support but could annoy China, whose growing economic and naval strength is leading to a greater assertiveness in pressing its claims there.

The US is building closer economic and military alliances with Vietnam and other nations in the region as part of a "pivot" away from the Middle East to Asia, a shift in large part meant to counter rising Chinese influence.

The mission came a day after Beijing staged military exercises near islands in the nearby East China Sea it disputes with US ally Japan. Those tensions have flared in recent days.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-...e1-948281.aspx

Now face the American bully.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 04:20   Link #529
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
PRC hates the taste of their own medicine
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 05:01   Link #530
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Nah, they are content to pay lots of money to have sex with ladies like Zhang Ziyi...
Well, would you prefer fresh fruit or mature fruit? Which one tastes more refreshing?

There is once this case I read in the Chinese papers where a mayor of a district went to a house on a "rural social visit" and saw a farmer's loli (14 or 16 I can't remember), and requested if he can stay at the farmer's house overnight tomorrow. The farmer said ok out of fear, but quickly sent his daughter out of the province the next morning, so the mayor had no loli. Enraged, the mayor hired someone to bulldoze the farmer's crops, and it became a major issue - other than the fact that the mayor is a major pedophile.

The days of mature women are now gone. Lolis are the in-thing now for all the perverts out there.

Quote:
US military carrier enters South China Sea

On board the USS George: A US aircraft carrier group cruised through the disputed South China Sea on Saturday in a show of American power in waters that are fast becoming a focal point of Washington's strategic rivalry with Beijing. Vietnamese security and government

officials were flown onto the nuclear-powered USS George Washington ship, underlining the burgeoning military relationship between the former enemies.

A small number of journalists were also invited to witness the display of maritime might in the oil-rich waters, which are home to islands disputed between China and the other smaller Asian nations facing the sea.

The visit will likely reassure Vietnam and the Philippines of American support but could annoy China, whose growing economic and naval strength is leading to a greater assertiveness in pressing its claims there.

The US is building closer economic and military alliances with Vietnam and other nations in the region as part of a "pivot" away from the Middle East to Asia, a shift in large part meant to counter rising Chinese influence.

The mission came a day after Beijing staged military exercises near islands in the nearby East China Sea it disputes with US ally Japan. Those tensions have flared in recent days.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-...e1-948281.aspx

I want this. Before they start fighting.

Old 2012-10-22, 06:28   Link #531
sa547
*Author

I looked around for anything that has to do with the word "appeasement"; either it can be a tool to keep the giant at bay by complying to his desires, or a way to deceive the giant, to wean his attention away from the real plot to bring him down.

Whatever it means, Sudetenland brings to mind.
Old 2012-10-22, 12:21   Link #532
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
PRC hates the taste of their own medicine
I just love it. How does it feel now to have a foreign military presence in your own backyard now?
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 12:44   Link #533
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I just love it. How does it feel now to have a foreign military presence in your own backyard now?
Never mind the fact that it was only a hundred years ago when the western powers sent armies to occupy various parts of Asia for their own purposes all in the name of freedom and democracy.

That and the US isn't exactly an angel. They are only there because they want to tussle with China and protect their own interests. There is no country in the world that acts out of kindness.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 13:00   Link #534
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Never mind the fact that it was only a hundred years ago when the western powers sent armies to occupy various parts of Asia for their own purposes all in the name of freedom and democracy.

That and the US isn't exactly an angel. They are only there because they want to tussle with China and protect their own interests. There is no country in the world that acts out of kindness.
I know that, but the PRC can't say they would not expect that kind of response when they went after Vietnam, the Philippines and Japan. I was laughing about the irony of the whole story on how the PRC wanted to play bully only to end up being the one facing a much bigger bully.

India is also a fast-growing country (their population will exceed China's within 15-20 years), but I haven't seen them have a serious shot at Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal nor Sri Lanka recently. Why is that?
Old 2012-10-22, 13:34   Link #535
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
India is also a fast-growing country (their population will exceed China's within 15-20 years), but I haven't seen them have a serious shot at Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal nor Sri Lanka recently. Why is that?
I wouldn't say that, given its relation with Pakistan, and they do have some tension with China.

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 13:45   Link #536
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I wouldn't say that, given its relation with Pakistan, and they do have some tension with China.
What I mean is that I haven't heard much from India over the last few years except for that response to China's recent behaviour. I know it's really cold between India and Pakistan, but it's not like they have been harrassing their neighbours for land recently... unless I've missed something.
Old 2012-10-22, 20:28   Link #537
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Harassing for land? No, but there's been some pretty bad skirmish between indian army and pakistan militant in recent years , especially in the small villages ner the border.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 02:36   Link #538
PzIVf3

Navy visit stirs up trouble

The presence of a United States' aircraft carrier group in the South China Sea and the report that the US military will return to Subic Bay in the Philippines has sent worrying signals that the US and the Philippines are about to stir up trouble.

However, although the dispute had cooled, the arrival of the USS George Washington in the South China Sea on Saturday and media reports saying it will sail through the waters around Huangyan Island, known as Scarborough Shoal in the West, before it arrives at the Philippines on Wednesday, suggest the Philippines and the US are looking to raise the temperature again.

If the reports prove true, this can only be interpreted as a provocative move and add new complexity to the already tricky regional situation. After all, to send warships to another's doorstep is certainly not a show of goodwill.

The USS George Washington is the fourth mammoth vessel sent by the US navy to the Philippines this year. Such frequent visits by the US navy show the Philippines is seeking to enlist US support in its dispute with China.

The same motive is believed to have prompted Manila to welcome back the US military to Subic Bay after its withdrawal 20 years ago. According to military journal Jane's Defence Weekly, US and Philippine officials have confirmed that Subic Bay, once the site of the US' largest overseas naval base, will host US personnel on a semi-permanent basis.

To secure US backing in its confrontation with China over the South China Sea disputes, Manila has even ignored the strong opposition at home to a US return to Subic Bay.

Manila's attempts to ingratiate itself with the US have played into Washington's hands, as the Barack Obama administration has implemented a strategic rebalancing toward the Asia-Pacific region.

Washington should be reminded that the US too has a stake in the region's peace and stability, and any miscalculation could backfire and have an adverse impact on regional stability.

http://www.china.org.cn/opinion/2012...t_26890206.htm

Who made the first trouble? This media is not telling the truth.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 02:44   Link #539
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Quote:
Who made the first trouble? This media is not telling the truth.
From China.org.cn's About Us page.
Quote:
China.org.cn is published under the auspices of the State Council Information Office and the China International Publishing Group (CIPG) in Beijing.
I leave it to readers to draw their own conclusions.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 03:58   Link #540
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:

The same motive is believed to have prompted Manila to welcome back the US military to Subic Bay after its withdrawal 20 years ago. According to military journal Jane's Defence Weekly, US and Philippine officials have confirmed that Subic Bay, once the site of the US' largest overseas naval base, will host US personnel on a semi-permanent basis.
Got no problem with that.... Only communist and their sympathizers hates the US in the Philippines... I wonder why?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
border, china, dispute, japan