AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-12-13, 05:49   Link #741
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
The fighter planes are under Japan's "Defense Force"?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 06:00   Link #742
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
well isnt that obvious...
Old 2012-12-13, 07:04   Link #743
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Quick! Scramble the Homunator Squadron!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 07:18   Link #744
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Quick! Scramble the Homunator Squadron!

FOR THE GLORIOUS NIPPON!
Old 2012-12-13, 07:47   Link #745
Tom Bombadil

In case people are wondering what's going on here, maybe this will put the situation in a little
bit perspective. A strong gesture for a special day, I guess.

Quote:
Today marks the 75th anniversary of the start of the Nanjing massacre, where Japanese troops killed tens of thousands of Chinese civilians in China's old capital, Nanjing, in 1937.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20707760
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 09:19   Link #746
PzIVf3

Looks like they found the way how to avoid detection.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 13:42   Link #747
Sumeragi
Banned

Never really figured out what makes the Nanking Incident so special. How was it any different from what the IJA was doing in the rest of China?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 13:44   Link #748
Ithekro
Warning

Nanking was the capital at that time if I recall.
Old 2012-12-13, 13:49   Link #749
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Never really figured out what makes the Nanking Incident so special. How was it any different from what the IJA was doing in the rest of China?
You trolling? The IJA raped/murdered hundreds of thousands of people while advancing into the undefended Chinese capital. This was bad behavior even for them. Ever wonder why there was no "Peking Massacre?"

Also, we are derailing the thread.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 13:55   Link #750
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh boy, Nanking.. Maybe we should cut this off now? This was a shocking discussion topic with one of my closest friends. It was always a sore topic considering both his and my interest in history.

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 13:58   Link #751
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

I think the popular thing to do is to lower the number of deaths to something acceptable like 70,000, say that most of those who were killed were actually soldiers in civilian dress, and write off the rapes as the deeds of retreating NRA troops or not actually rapes at all.
Old 2012-12-13, 14:50   Link #752
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
That's kinda saying that Hiroshima/Nagasaki wasn't anything special because there were other mass bombing campaigns in the war.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 15:01   Link #753
Helius

Or the Holocaust wasn't anything special 'cos it was just a bunch of labor camps. Yep, that oughta hit a nerve.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 15:06   Link #754
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
That's kinda saying that Hiroshima/Nagasaki wasn't anything special because there were other mass bombing campaigns in the war.
I seem to remember that incendiary bombs over japanese civilian targets killed as a whole more people than the atomic bombs.

Have we derailed this thread far enough?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 15:10   Link #755
Xellos-_^
Married

i am going to ask the mods to combine this with the other thread and rename it.
Old 2012-12-13, 15:15   Link #756
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I seem to remember that incendiary bombs over japanese civilian targets killed as a whole more people than the atomic bombs.
Indeed they have, since there was a whole lot more of the former as opposed to the latter. However, that certainly doesn't stop the nuclear bombing from having its own significance, which was the point I was trying to make - the IJA may have committed atrocities all over the place, but that certainly doesn't negate the significance of Nanking.

Quote:
Have we derailed this thread far enough?
Probably not :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am going to ask the mods to combine this with the other thread and rename it.
Yea... might as well just have one China thread, as they usually all ends up in the same place.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:40   Link #757
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

All I find it funny the west (At least the U.S) unconditionally support Israel because it could be "the holocaust" all over again if Israel back off in their aggressive defense of their homeland.

But when China make the same stance without firing a single bullet at anyone, suddenly it is "provocative" and "dangerous"

I wonder if it would be a different story, if Chiang Kai Shiek took over China instead of Mao. Come to think of it, today's China is really what America/Chiang wanted for China, a one party dictatorship with a capitalist economy. What went wrong?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:56   Link #758
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
All I find it funny the west (At least the U.S) unconditionally support Israel because it could be "the holocaust" all over again if Israel back off in their aggressive defense of their homeland.

But when China make the same stance without firing a single bullet at anyone, suddenly it is "provocative" and "dangerous"
Israel got actively attacked many times since 1948. I don't think what they are doing in Palestine is right either, but it is true that they are being attacked. What China is doing is simply ridiculous. A few rocks in the ocean? Really? It's obvious just a ploy to get the people pumped up while the 18th Party Congress stuff is going on.

Quote:
I wonder if it would be a different story, if Chiang Kai Shiek took over China instead of Mao. Come to think of it, today's China is really what America/Chiang wanted for China, a one party dictatorship with a capitalist economy. What went wrong?
The Cultural Revolution, Great Leap Forward, Anti-Rightist Movement, and such would all like a word with you. Those were even worse than the Japanese IMO who were at least just a foreign invader like the Mongols and would have at some point been repelled or assimilated. What the CCP totalitarian cult accomplished was internal societal rot. It's pretty messed up when famous authors are calling themselves names like "Don't Speak", to give a very recent example.

Chiang Kai-shek wasn't a very good leader but at least he wasn't willing to totally ruin national culture and heritage for the sake of his own power. If the Communists had somehow been the ones who escaped to Taiwan, the island would probably look like North Korea by now, but the KMT at least ended up allowing free elections and liberalization. The CCP on the other hand has somehow convinced people that dictatorship is a good thing.
Old 2012-12-13, 23:02   Link #759
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post

for the glorious nippon!
BANZAI!

Ohhhhh~!
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 23:18   Link #760
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

FOR THE GLORIOUS NIPPON!

Lovely! They can try the one with bikini!Kei Nagase on it, and I'll be in Heaven.

Tags
border, china, dispute, japan