AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-19, 19:58   Link #1181
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
WHY?!?!?!? My thursdays are ruined!

Just kidding I will be in ecttasy at least for another two weeks and even then I will wear big grin on my face everytime I remember MP.

But second season is required, especialy as only mecha anime in fall that is worth to be mentioned is about toys....
Second season is almost guaranteed considering what the king guy said. This new evolutionary path is no doubt linked to Izuru's awakening. They'll likely start targeting Izuru specifically. Sending people out to kidnap him and bring him to them. This way would also be a good way to deal with the minor plot brought up concerning Teoria'a mother.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 19:58   Link #1182
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
What a finale! So much action and Izuru got his boss fight with Jiart where both their mechas went Super Saiyan

Really hoping for a second season. I agree that this also ended similarly to Gundam Seed where our hero was left drifting in space with no cliffhanger for another season in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
what if for a twist, izuru died in the explosion or something and his beast mode took over so for the second season the beast izuru is main char xD
I like the idea, but I doubt the story would move in that direction considering the fact they didn't kill anyone off in the final battle.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:05   Link #1183
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
Peko's eyes finally revealead
__________________
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:11   Link #1184
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Second season is almost guaranteed considering what the king guy said. This new evolutionary path is no doubt linked to Izuru's awakening. They'll likely start targeting Izuru specifically. Sending people out to kidnap him and bring him to them. This way would also be a good way to deal with the minor plot brought up concerning Teoria'a mother.
There is no reason to think he said that about Izuru in particular nor even he knows about his mere existence outside of being one of Earth ace pilots (if ever).

More likely he refered Earthlings generaly as race that were able defy them.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:24   Link #1185
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
There is no reason to think he said that about Izuru in particular nor even he knows about his mere existence outside of being one of Earth ace pilots (if ever).

More likely he refered Earthlings generaly as race that were able defy them.
not really. He knows of the machine Izuru was piloting. It would be easy to see how it kept evolving and managed to fight equally with one of their strongest pilots AND defeat him. He probably realized there was something special about it's pilot. I didn't see anything in the humans fighting that would stand out to the king to give him ideas of a new evolutionary path. They're only concerned with their genes and not with things like teamwork and friendship.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:31   Link #1186
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Does he? Maybe. He never showed even slightest interest in battles over our solar system until gate was destroyed though. Jiart kept most thing about Izuru for himself, strategist guy was follower of Jiart and other Vulgaru realy didn't care about Izuru either.

Until things went wrong it was just another hunt as any other, that didn't required any attention from supreme leader of Vulgaru race.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:53   Link #1187
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Does he? Maybe. He never showed even slightest interest in battles over our solar system until gate was destroyed though. Jiart kept most thing about Izuru for himself, strategist guy was follower of Jiart and other Vulgaru realy didn't care about Izuru either.

Until things went wrong it was just another hunt as any other, that didn't required any attention from supreme leader of Vulgaru race.
keeping it a secret or not. Izuru kept evolving during the battle and even beat one of their best in a one on one battle. There's no way his existence will remain a secret after that. That ability to evolve and the strength he showed is the kind of thing the Wulgaru want most.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 21:02   Link #1188
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
King made that claim as reaction of gate destruction. He didn't care about it until now and report didn't seem awfully detailed. If he get interest in Izuru it will be from now.

Honestly this is not gundam when everything is about one person and his mecha. And whole race can't profit from hunting single soldier in first place.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 21:17   Link #1189
Puu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
I, too, think that while it's nice to think the King was interested in Izuru, his interest was more in the way Earthlings handled themselves.

Methinks that just because they (might) learn the value of teamwork and mixing instincts and free-will, doesn't mean they'll stop conquering other species... at the end of the day, they're these species' progenitors....
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:16   Link #1190
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Well this wasnt to bad just seem if they started out the best team it would of gone better


Maybe it needs anther season
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:19   Link #1191
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
There is just so much unresolved that there HAS to be a second season.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 23:56   Link #1192
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That's one of the most intense and pulse-pounding anime episodes I've ever watched. Gloriously animated and directed from start to finish.

Pretty much every named character had a chance to shine, with all of them getting nice moments and/or good lines.

But the highlights were definitely...

1) Izuru vs. Jiart: Round 3

2) The destruction of the gate


Izuru vs. Jiart: Round 3 definitely did not disappoint. The action scenes for it seemed marvelously choreographed. It also did a fantastic job of incorporating Izuru's internal conflict with his own mecha. The eye flashing, and the "Fight! Fight! Fight!" bits were so raw and powerful. It was also great to see the rest of Team Rabbits try to break up the Izuru/Jiart fight only to have Jiart refuse to let it be so. And that big punch at the end from the downsized Red 5... awesome touch.

The destruction of the gate was pure explosive eye candy. Just amazing how beautiful that looked.

When it comes to action scenes, Majestic Prince is truly exceptional. And the finale as a whole was very rewarding. Yes, we were completely denied an aftermath, a "cool down", so the finale is not downright perfect. But what we know is that the gate is destroyed, Izuru is alive (the final lip-moving gave that away), and the battle has been won. The war likely isn't over, but this is a reasonably satisfying conclusion for a season finale. And hopefully that's all it is.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 00:00   Link #1193
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
I agree with this. It's the only anime that I actually sat down and followed the whole season from beginning to end. Due to my busy schedule, I pretty much dropped everything else within 5 or 6 episodes though there were a few such as Valvrave where I updated myself.
Same. This was the only anime from last season as well as this season that I actualy stayed up so I could watch it right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post


But I don't need another GSD....

Maybe a "prequel" to the series to clear some things up and show us team rabbits before the mind wipe. Seems like Juria was a real person . That line made me think of Eva...
Too much unasnswered things still remained. Maybe the might have a continuation in the upcoming game lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Best mecha anime? Definitely. But it's not like there was a lot of competition.
Lol. So true. It made Valvrave look like a rape show instead of mecha anime


Oh, and about the game I mentioned.
http://www.mjp-anime.jp/01news/index.html#id001
They revealed it soon as the last episode aired.
I hope its for PS3....
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 00:58   Link #1194
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
The Good:
* Spectacular, intense mecha battles!
* Character development, both on individual and team levels. The earliest episode of the show that really impressed me was when Izuru got advice from Randy on how to be a leader, and actually put it into practice immediately. Then there was Asagi getting over his low confidence, and the tragic Patrick-Tamaki romance that never got off the ground but left an impression on her. The team as a whole grew in coordination and effectiveness.
* The final episode adequately closes a chapter, and leaves a lot open for more without feeling like there were holes everywhere.

The Bad:
* The mecha battles are great, but the melee is so fast that it was hard to see and appreciate.
* I'm not sure if it was the pacing or the atmosphere, but the beginning of the show didn't build up much anticipation. It felt like Team Rabbits was having too much of an easy time, but at the same time nothing they did mattered because Earth still gradually losing. That feeling went away in the second cour.

Miscellaneous:
* I was hoping for all of the protagonists to survive (even Randy and Patrick). I understand the arguments that character deaths were necessary to make a war story intense and consequential, but then the problem became which characters had to bite the dust, since all of them even the side characters were developed and likable (except maybe that incompetent admiral from the first half)

8/10. The most conventional and most solid of the three spring mecha shows. I was close to dropping it at times, but it always developed the characters and the plot just enough the keep my interest; and that development was constant, so the end was much better than the beginning, unlike many other shows. I'm hoping a second season will come and that it will match or exceed the first.
__________________
Currently watching: Kamen Rider Gaim, Ressha Sentai ToQger, Garo: Makai no Hana, SAO, Glasslip, Ao Haru Ride

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon
justsomeguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 01:15   Link #1195
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
So, the series is at an end and there was a bit of sequel bait and a few plotholes that weren't addressed. However, all and all the series ended on a good note, not a great note, but still a good one.
The fight between Izuru and Jiart was really good, the idea of the sacrifice of Cmdr. Simon was good, but I thought it was pathetic that they couldn't even let him die an heroic death. Was this war epic so afraid of death that they only killed off two named characters that didn't have much screen time anyway?

So, will I see this for a second season? Perhaps. Without Jiart and a majority of the Wulgaru characters, they are really not as interesting. The king who has had few lines seems to have a plan, but beyond finding out what it is, I really don't care much. Orange Leader is interesting, and I think Red Leader still lives, but really don't know if what's going to happen with them.

This series had a rocky start and only really started picking up for me in the second half. I'm not sure if I want to sit through that again. I probably will check out a second season if they do do it, since I like mecha. However, I'm going to stick to my darker, grittier, angst stuff for now. This series and it's aversion to sacrifice, stakes, and death really almost killed it for me, if not for the interesting character subplots and the fascinating battles and villains.

However, for what it's worth, this was a good series with good concepts and some very good fight scenes. It could have been better, but it did its job well. This kind of happier, lighter war mecha series has its audience, I just don't really think it's totally me.

I give this episode a 7.75, and this series a solid 7. Peace out.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 01:26   Link #1196
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My immediate gut reaction to Simon, Teoria, and Daneel all surviving was "Well, that's a bit lame".

But then, it occurred to me that everybody being so overjoyed at Izuru's survival would seem a bit callous if that celebratory mood was against the backdrop of another major protagonist having died.

It would be kind of like "Who cares if Simon died a touching heroic death... Izuru is alive! Yay!!!"

To have the final couple minutes of this episode work as well as they did, I think having all the major protagonists survive was probably necessary.

There was this one great moment - a Schrodinger's cat moment, really - Where I could totally see Majestic Prince going either way with Izuru. It was this wonderfully tense moment, with a pregnant pause, where you're just on the edge of your seat waiting for confirmation one way or the other. In my mind, I could easily imagine both cheers and tears. So there was a very nice sense of relief when it ended up being cheers.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 02:06   Link #1197
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My immediate gut reaction to Simon, Teoria, and Daneel all surviving was "Well, that's a bit lame".

But then, it occurred to me that everybody being so overjoyed at Izuru's survival would seem a bit callous if that celebratory mood was against the backdrop of another major protagonist having died.

It would be kind of like "Who cares if Simon died a touching heroic death... Izuru is alive! Yay!!!"

To have the final couple minutes of this episode work as well as they did, I think having all the major protagonists survive was probably necessary.

There was this one great moment - a Schrodinger's cat moment, really - Where I could totally see Majestic Prince going either way with Izuru. It was this wonderfully tense moment, with a pregnant pause, where you're just on the edge of your seat waiting for confirmation one way or the other. In my mind, I could easily imagine both cheers and tears. So there was a very nice sense of relief when it ended up being cheers.
Well, I don't know, Gundam Seed (which some parts of this episode reminded me of ) had some major sad deaths and "deaths" in its final climactic battle, but they didn't detract form the happiness of Kira being alive (and Flay being dead ) in the end. I think they could have done it right.

I actually would have enjoyed it more if they took a bigger chance with their sequel bait and had Izuru disappear through the gate with Jiart and that we wouldn't know what happened to him until during or after credits, where Izuru finds himself in Wulgaru ruled space. Have Izuru get to know his alien heritage and all that.

Having absolutely nobody with an actual name die in this end battle was a bit of a let down for me. The battle were good, but even I was looking at this and saying, "How many times are we just going to have these shots keep firing parallel barrages to each other? Guys! Space is a 3D battleground, you can move around more than this!"

The fight between Izuru and Jiart was good especially towards the end, but that whole him and Theoria trying to communicate as well as him trying to see her during the battle went nowhere (she didn't even seem to care about her brother or people at this point) and did we ever find out what was wrong with Ange and why he/she was sick, and if Ange was a he or a she??

Or are they just saving these and other plotholes for the sequel? Red 5 has been completely destroyed (so much for it's survival system, the same moment it decides to let Izuru have control is the same moment it gets blown to smithereens. I bet Red5's regretting that decision now. ), so will they rebuild it or just give Izuru an upgrade?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 03:07   Link #1198
Excorsism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, I don't know, Gundam Seed (which some parts of this episode reminded me of ) had some major sad deaths and "deaths" in its final climactic battle, but they didn't detract form the happiness of Kira being alive (and Flay being dead ) in the end. I think they could have done it right.

I actually would have enjoyed it more if they took a bigger chance with their sequel bait and had Izuru disappear through the gate with Jiart and that we wouldn't know what happened to him until during or after credits, where Izuru finds himself in Wulgaru ruled space. Have Izuru get to know his alien heritage and all that.

Having absolutely nobody with an actual name die in this end battle was a bit of a let down for me. The battle were good, but even I was looking at this and saying, "How many times are we just going to have these shots keep firing parallel barrages to each other? Guys! Space is a 3D battleground, you can move around more than this!"

The fight between Izuru and Jiart was good especially towards the end, but that whole him and Theoria trying to communicate as well as him trying to see her during the battle went nowhere (she didn't even seem to care about her brother or people at this point) and did we ever find out what was wrong with Ange and why he/she was sick, and if Ange was a he or a she??

Or are they just saving these and other plotholes for the sequel? Red 5 has been completely destroyed (so much for it's survival system, the same moment it decides to let Izuru have control is the same moment it gets blown to smithereens. I bet Red5's regretting that decision now. ), so will they rebuild it or just give Izuru an upgrade?
I'd be more inclined to say they're benching Izuru for a good portion of the theoretical season 2 with the other four going through similar developments with their respective units. Or so I hope. Jiart, of course, comes back with a mask, .
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32974&dateline=119918  5263
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 08:45   Link #1199
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I'd be more inclined to say they're benching Izuru for a good portion of the theoretical season 2 with the other four going through similar developments with their respective units. Or so I hope. Jiart, of course, comes back with a mask, .
Why would Prince Jiart would return... unless someone turned him into a cyborg!

But anyways, good job to Dogakobo for animating Majestic Prince!
__________________
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:00   Link #1200
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Jiart x Izuru round 3 was as spectacular as usual and almost completely overshadowed the rest of the final. Anyone know who choreographed the Jiart x Izuru battles? They are among the best mecha battles I've ever seen. The series was well worth watching for that alone. Not that I'm implying the rest was bad. I thought it was a good show overall, but the story never really grabbed me. I still liked it a hell of a lot better than try-hard Valvrave. Majestic Prince may not do anything original/shocking, but what it does, it does it well.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.