AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2013-04-13, 04:01   Link #361
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Actually, now that I've said that I kind of want some background and motivation on Emi because her willingness to throw away her desire to kill him is starting to seem a bit forced. Hm...
Remember what she said when the gate closed? She has a reason for chasing down Maou. I would say something related to personal revenge.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 04:05   Link #362
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent

Quote:
Actually, now that I've said that I kind of want some background and motivation on Emi because her willingness to throw away her desire to kill him is starting to seem a bit forced. Hm...
The rationale she explained to Maou before they were attacked was good enough for me. And she did stalk him for a few days to see if it was all an act. It might have felt forced because it all moved a little too fast (and comedic). Again, I attribute this as a restriction to the genre, they are not the focus of the show. Though it's not like I have complains about that!
Old 2013-04-13, 04:08   Link #363
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Remember what she said when the gate closed? She has a reason for chasing down Maou. I would say something related to personal revenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
The rationale she explained to Maou was good enough for me. And she did stalk him for a few days to see if it was all an act. It might have felt forced because it all moved a little too fast. Again, I attribute this as a restriction to the genre, they are not the focus of the show. Though it's not like I have complains about that!
I can see pacing as being a bit of an issue. It's not something that I really noticed before until I really thought about it. As I said, I suspect we're just missing some parts of this story, but for the moment she claims to hate him so strongly but is quick to put up with him.

I'm not doubting that she has reasons for hating him and wanting to kill him, I'm just saying that I'm not really seeing it since she's more or less giving him a pass if he decides to stay on Earth and leave her planet (or whatever) alone.
Old 2013-04-13, 04:14   Link #364
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

Quote:
The issue is looking for love where it isn't. Attributing her tsundere qualities to some senseless romantic feelings for Maou is just silly, and in no way makes any sense.
I never even said anything about her being a tsundere...

In any case, saying that someone can be tsundere without any romantic feelings is what makes no sense. What do you think a definition of a tsundere is? It's a girl that can revert from tsun to dere (or vice versa) because of a love interest.

Quote:
I also don't think that the sexual tension jokes really make for foreshadowing insomuch as comedy, as it being a foreshadowing device really doesn't make sense in this context. Keep in mind, she's spent years trying to kill him and it's taking the most extreme of extreme situation to cause a divergence from that.

Keep in mind that we're watching the equivalent of a brutal cruel and inhumane dictator responsible for massive war crimes as a zany character in a screwball cutesy comedy and I think you'll find that the dissonance there is probably unintentional. XP
Old 2013-04-13, 05:06   Link #365
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Technically, a tsundere can just be a girl or guy dishonest or shy or awkward with their true feelings.

That can for friendship as well, despite what homo shippers think.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 05:41   Link #366
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

I think that's a very loose definition if by true feelings you don't mean some kind of feeling of affection.
Old 2013-04-13, 05:49   Link #367
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think that's a very loose definition if by true feelings you don't mean some kind of feeling of affection.
Concern/like something, but doesn't want to be seen as such
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:17   Link #368
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

starting with serious stuff... but developing it in comedic way...

what a hilarious anime indeed...

I believe I'm not the only one who wish for Maou X Hero pairing (just like what happened in Maoyuu Yuusha)...

that mysterious sniper? is this anime going to be a slice of life or become a team fight against another evil entity?

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:46   Link #369
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Another crazy stupid episode and I love it... The humor is superb....This will be a hit if made into Live action!!!!

Special Notes:

That female MgRonald employee has really huge bumpers for her age noh?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:56   Link #370
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That female MgRonald employee has really huge bumpers for her age noh?
Average height of a Japanese high schoolgirl: 158 cm
Average bust of a Japanese high schoolgirl: 83 cm

You do the math.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:58   Link #371
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
83 is what cup?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 09:12   Link #372
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Average height of a Japanese high schoolgirl: 158 cm

You do the math.
Well, Chi-chan doesn't even look remotely close to OreImo's Manami (officially she's 160cm height/84 bust... yeah, pretty much Miss Average right there)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 09:28   Link #373
Anime Online

Quote:

It's quite simple. All Emilia needs to do is to eliminate Maou as a end-of-the-world threat. Certainly, killing him fits the bill. She has adequate power to do that. However, depleting her magic may make her return to Ente Isla difficult.

Then again, there are other means of achieving her goal besides fighting. If Maou agrees to stay on Earth, then she can return home with a bloodless victory. Hence, when her offer was refused, the mood turned tense again, until the unseen sniper forced them to team up.

So far, it seems she's keeping her options open. All of them are stuck on Earth for the time being, so there's no hurry to rush into a decision.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 12:43   Link #374
s07195
Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Is it really true that cucumber tastes melon when eaten with honey altogether? Why not just buy melon instead? I find this scene the most hilarious one

Edit : Just tried it at home and it tastes disgusting
You actually tried it?

EDIT: And add me into that group of people who enjoyed the scene of Emi locked outside.

Last edited by s07195; 2013-04-13 at 13:01.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 13:58   Link #375
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I actually enjoyed the first two episodes of this series. Watching the great demon lord take so much joy in his job at a fast food joint was hilarious. Definitely one I'll keep following throughout the season.
Old 2013-04-13, 14:16   Link #376
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
They can do it Tony Montana style. Start small and gradually climb the ladder. Basically the same thing to what they're doing now, only less legal.
Um... in what way is pursuing an illegal path better than what he's doing? First of all, obviously he's just kind of stupid if he thinks he can get power from working his way up in McDonald's. But if by some twist of fate he did manage to become the CEO of McDonald's, that's probably way more power than any criminal organization. McDonald's is the king of the world, in many ways. It's not like crime is inherently more attractive to him just because he's "evil".

Furthermore, he's never been a criminal. He's been a king. He's never broken any laws, because he makes the laws. Even in the prologue we never saw him do anything underhanded. Given his current attitude, it's very likely that he's Lawful Evil. Once again, the fact that you're associating his status as "evil" with being a criminal is just your own bias.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 15:52   Link #377
Xion Valkyrie

I love that they're still going to use the HQ old school style animation for the Ente Isla scenes. L

Also, anyone get the feeling the priest purposely let Emilia go by herself instead of following her like he said he would? Maybe the Church wanted to get rid of both the Demon Lord and the Hero so they could rule the world themselves.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:10   Link #378
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Also, anyone get the feeling the priest purposely let Emilia go by herself instead of following her like he said he would? Maybe the Church wanted to get rid of both the Demon Lord and the Hero so they could rule the world themselves.
The obvious trope is that the church encouraged both sides (humans and demons) to wage war at each other and their biggest problem is that if Emilia gets to know the Demon king aka Sadao she will realize that besides a thirst for conquest (shared by humans and demons alike) he is not such a bad fellow and they have more in common that they at first thought, so the best choice is to kill them both in the name of "the greater good" since Emilia "Is conspiring with demons, she is no longer the hero we knew and love, she has been corrupted ... blah, blah".

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2013-04-13 at 16:29.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:12   Link #379
Kirarakim

That would be pretty cliche, but I would forgive them since I am not really watching for the fantasy aspect of the series.

And well cliche or not this series has just been executed really well so far.
Old 2013-04-13, 16:14   Link #380
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Emi is the very definition of a useless hypocrite combined with a working class girl who gets by on her looks...but that is what makes her so lovable.

Looking forward to Chi vs Emi, which is pretty pathetic considering one is an adult and the other is a top heavy high school girl. The decision should be easy for Maou-kun...Chi-chan.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work