AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 11:31   Link #761
Tenzen12

There likely will not any massive change in their appearence. Unlike Half angel Emi and Demon duo, they are genuine humans. They will just get stripped of their powers (if they didn't have prepared countermeasure already that is).
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:49   Link #762
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
anyway, that was a nice interview, based on what I can understand from the broken english google translate gave me, the author did an insane amount of research into the little things in the series, he even went so far as to ask for the real world prices of the real estate featured lol. I already saw a video posted here before comparing the real life places with those shown in the anime, including the 100 yen shop where emilia bought her "sacred sword" to fight maou with, but I didn't know he went even further than that.
Yeah, the author also says this is his first original novel, which means he used to write fanfic/doujin... no surprise that so much of this episode (and the show so far) felt like a fanfic. XD;;
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 14:55   Link #763
Grey

I liked Emi's backstory. I mean, it's standard, but I somehow liked the presentation.

But if Maou gets magic power from a desire to protect, I think I'll still facepalm.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 16:17   Link #764
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2013-04-26, 17:16   Link #765
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
But if Maou gets magic power from a desire to protect, I think I'll still facepalm.
Then I shall root for Lucifer to usurp Maou's place. Until now, I haven't been able to get used to Maou's character. His personality before and after he arrives at Earth seems to be significantly different. I get it that he has gained a better understanding of humans, but I still wish he retains to a certain degree his demon lord attitude. I don't get the clear picture of his personality in Ente Isla, but he strikes me as a much more badass person than his current self. Perhaps he has not forgotten his true identity, I don't know, but at present, he seems to be enjoying himself although he might not want to admit it.

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2013-04-26 at 17:43.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 17:56   Link #766
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I don't get the clear picture of his personality in Ente Isla, but he strikes me as a much more badass person than his current self. Perhaps he has not forgotten his true identity, I don't know, but at present, he seems to be enjoying himself although he might not want to admit it.

Just look at Alsiel
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 18:03   Link #767
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just look at Alsiel
I suspect he is somewhat the same before and after his arrival
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 18:38   Link #768
backbone
Banned

I just don't get why Chii-chan ran away crying without thinking twice upon seeing Maou and Yuusha alone in the room. Hey, it's not like they're doing something suspicious, you know? All the drama built up during Yuusha's emotional outburst towards Maou crumbled apart so easily just because of Chii-chan arrival. Making the entire scene looked cheap and forced to me
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 18:56   Link #769
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
I just don't get why Chii-chan ran away crying without thinking twice upon seeing Maou and Yuusha alone in the room. Hey, it's not like they're doing something suspicious, you know? All the drama built up during Yuusha's emotional outburst towards Maou crumbled apart so easily just because of Chii-chan arrival. Making the entire scene looked cheap and forced to me
young girl in love does many mysterious unexplained actions trust meh im a doctor
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 18:58   Link #770
tsunade666

Quote:
checked the manga and the reason is there why Chii-chan cried and ran away. In the anime they at least look decent while in the manga its not

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 18:58   Link #771
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Probably because the anime scene was tamed down concerning Emi's clothing status.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 19:01   Link #772
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Probably because the anime scene was tamed down concerning Emi's clothing status.
You mean they were meant to do so much more complicating things than what we got ?!
Old 2013-04-26, 19:08   Link #773
tsunade666

Not really. Its just that Emi's dress is unbutton and she's in distress while Maou is only wearing his underwear -_- or boxer shorts. In Chii-chan's eyes. Unbuttoned blouse or long sleeves or what ever you call that type of dress, flushed face of Emi and Maou in boxer shorts all combined. Its just a huge misunderstanding. Add to the effect that Maou is standing while Emi sat in the floor.

Old 2013-04-26, 19:11   Link #774
Chaos2Frozen

That's still more than what I got !
Old 2013-04-26, 19:14   Link #775
tsunade666

In the anime. They show Emi crying in front of Maou. In Chii-chan's eyes they are having a lovers quarrel which is what like what Mitiki T? or what ever that woman is. Her explanation on what's happening can make it easier to understand the situation.

Old 2013-04-26, 19:28   Link #776
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Images
anime-manga comparison 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
anime-manga comparison 2
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 19:51   Link #777
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
In the anime. They show Emi crying in front of Maou. In Chii-chan's eyes they are having a lovers quarrel which is what like what Mitiki T? or what ever that woman is. Her explanation on what's happening can make it easier to understand the situation.
I think that Chi-chan gets the wrong idea. She knows Emi is at Maou's "city" beforehand. Then, she sees crying Emi and Maou showing soft face. Chi-chan thainks Emi is Maou's ex-girlfriend afterall. Emi wants Maou back, and Maou accepts it. Thus, Chi-chan feels she's an idiot.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 20:06   Link #778
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Images
anime-manga comparison 1

Images
anime-manga comparison 2
^That's just the manga, though. The anime is not the adaptation of the manga, it's an independent adaptation of the LNs. And in the corresponding scene in the LN the situation is the same as in the anime:
-Emi all red-faced and crying, plus her clothes a bit disheveled from falling down the stairs
-Maou looking all guilty and stuff
So basically it's like what the landlady said.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 20:19   Link #779
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I think that Chi-chan gets the wrong idea. She knows Emi is at Maou's "city" beforehand. Then, she sees crying Emi and Maou showing soft face. Chi-chan thainks Emi is Maou's ex-girlfriend afterall. Emi wants Maou back, and Maou accepts it. Thus, Chi-chan feels she's an idiot.

You know... That could be a scene from a television drama !
Old 2013-04-26, 20:43   Link #780
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Then I shall root for Lucifer to usurp Maou's place. Until now, I haven't been able to get used to Maou's character. His personality before and after he arrives at Earth seems to be significantly different. I get it that he has gained a better understanding of humans, but I still wish he retains to a certain degree his demon lord attitude. I don't get the clear picture of his personality in Ente Isla, but he strikes me as a much more badass person than his current self. Perhaps he has not forgotten his true identity, I don't know, but at present, he seems to be enjoying himself although he might not want to admit it.
Agreed. At least Lucifer seems to have an (un)healthy amount of contempt for humans expected from a textbook demon.
Satan's "I didn't understand humans then" seems like an easy way out to try and justify his behavioral change. Can you really start a war that caused the death of who-knows-how-many humans back in your home world/dimension only to put all of it behind your back after a few months of living amongst humans?

If we didn't have that prologue at the start of the show in Ente Isla, I wouldn't believe that Satan's actually a demon lord. Guy's way too nice.
(And dammit Alsiel, get it together!)

*Ahem*

Well, show's still enjoyable despite my pet peeves with Satan's character. Can't wait to see how this situation with Lucifer unfolds. (If he ends up living under the same roof as the rest of them, I will club some baby seals).
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work