AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-03, 23:02   Link #1041
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Delicious complicating Maou-Yusha relationship...

Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 23:14   Link #1042
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Well, that's also what we people were doing for about a few thousands years ...

We learned a good lesson today.
Don't make war, make fries.
My view is the story is a self-contained comedy, not political satire. If you want to use the real world situation, the issue is greater. The real world situation includes resource conflict and exploitation.

Back to the story, the politic in the anime is simple. Church thinks Emi is too strong. Her power makes her the contender of next possible world conqueror. So, they trap her in another world. Then, they want to end her life as well. Learning about their plan, Emi becomes depressed. She either takes her companions' advice and stays on earth, or she stays to keep the watch on Maou.

Maou decides to stay on Earth for his own reason. He uses his MP to restore the city. It means he cares about the urban planning. He probably spends great amount of time to improve the quality of his kingdom. The war is his secondary option. Now, he learns he cannot gain from the war. Emi stands in his way. He may gain something from a fast food chain.

Lucifer plays along with Church's plan. As Maou said, Church will help Lucifer to return to Angels' place. Hmmm Doubtful. By the way, his character design is too young. Some people already started the Yooo Lucifer joke.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:47   Link #1043
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
I've caught up to episode 5, and the first thing that I've noticed how good the voice acting is in this show. It is artistically chaotic, especially in those comedic moments to bring out the unique flavor. Enjoyed episode 5 a lot.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 05:12   Link #1044
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Any novel readers out there who're up to date with the latest vol.? How does Maou-Emi progress, and any specific vol/chapters?
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 05:15   Link #1045
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
You're not suppose to ask that here
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 05:19   Link #1046
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Oh? I searched but couldn't find a novel thread.. where should I ask then? Is it strictly anime-only here regardless?
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 05:35   Link #1047
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
make a new one :P
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 07:12   Link #1048
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Any novel readers out there who're up to date with the latest vol.? How does Maou-Emi progress, and any specific vol/chapters?
Please PM when you get the info you needed. I need to hear about those ones.
__________________
Waaaaiii!
Pls, don't bully!
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:19   Link #1049
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
How come only the 1st 3 (Ashiya, Maou, Emi) change their forms when they entered the new world all the while the others who came later (Lucifer, Orba and the other 2) still retain their former looks?
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:21   Link #1050
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Oh? I searched but couldn't find a novel thread.. where should I ask then? Is it strictly anime-only here regardless?
There are people on bt reading it. You can ask there.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:24   Link #1051
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
The anime never fails to amazed me. The puns, the jokes and gags are well balanced and the timing and insertion is magnificent.... The top comedy series this season!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:33   Link #1052
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
How come only the 1st 3 (Ashiya, Maou, Emi) change their forms when they entered the new world all the while the others who came later (Lucifer, Orba and the other 2) still retain their former looks?
Lucifer because he has regained his powers.

The party members because have no need to conserve their powers because they had planned on going back.

Note that Emi also had enough juice to open a gate all this time but is holding back.

Maou and Ashiya barely escaped their battle so they were already weakened.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 09:09   Link #1053
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I thought the humans didn't "revert to human form" because they never left it in the first place. Emi's an exception because she's half-angel, but I suppose the others look the same whether they're full powered or not.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 09:10   Link #1054
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
^

That's a good point as well...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 09:52   Link #1055
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I recall Emeralda the mage has pointy ears, which suggests she's an elf or some sort. Both Emeralda and Albert retain their appearances most likely because the anime producers didn't want to create new character designs just for the brief period of time they are on Earth.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 11:07   Link #1056
s07195
Distracted
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because Final Bosses have standards...
And yet he crushed the priest with a glare.... That's totally unbalanced!
__________________

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 11:11   Link #1057
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
And yet he crushed the priest with a glare.... That's totally unbalanced!
He took a bullet from the Priest so it counts already.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 11:27   Link #1058
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
And yet he crushed the priest with a glare.... That's totally unbalanced!
Well... technically, Maou's first form (human form) has already been defeated
Strictly speaking this is his third form. So all is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Oh? I searched but couldn't find a novel thread.. where should I ask then? Is it strictly anime-only here regardless?
Just started one, so feel free to stop by (at your own risk!)
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 11:37   Link #1059
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I recall Emeralda the mage has pointy ears, which suggests she's an elf or some sort. Both Emeralda and Albert retain their appearances most likely because the anime producers didn't want to create new character designs just for the brief period of time they are on Earth.
Emi and Orba didn't change either, Emi's fighting form is just when she's using her sword as seen in the episode. We've seen that her normal self is the same as what we've been seeing on Earth. Emerada doesn't have pointy ears. Maou says it in episode 1, the default state for them on Earth is human so of course the humans stay the same.
__________________
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 12:37   Link #1060
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Everyone, I have made a social group, feel free to join. http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=893

If there is anything wrong feel free to ask. Also I am having problems trying to make an icon for the social group, any advice.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.