AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 03:21   Link #1481
Skane
Anime Snark

Chiho might have an expanded role in the future if she ever gets a chance to go dimension hopping to Maou's world. That archery scene in the OP can't just be window dressing. She has relevant combat skills for the medieval fantasy world of Ente Isle.

Cheers.
Old 2013-05-20, 06:40   Link #1482
n120cky

[mod edit: please take this off-topic point to PM/VM]

I really want to see how will Suzuno look like if her hair is loose . . .

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-20 at 18:55.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:33   Link #1483
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You're saying this, despite being one of those who KNOWS how the next few volumes turn out? :P

Suffice to say that how Maou treats Emi and Chiho becomes a whole different matter than the unique roles both women in Maou's life begin to fall into. You'd be surprised really.
She's going to become a Demon General, isn't she? Good way to become his wife. It worked for Alciel.

(edit: in case I'm right somehow, not a spoiler, just a wild guess.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:54   Link #1484
NeutralZero

Its really entertaining to see Chi-chan flip like that over a bento...
Even though Suzuno isn't really a competitor but her simple actions can trigger such effect... hope it will last albeit in different case aside from the home made bento but doubt it...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 08:49   Link #1485
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Then it's not my place to speak of it here then, especially given how the estimates seem to be pointing to the season ending on Volume 2. Thing is, what comes after... is something best taken to the LN thread.
Oh man, they've got 8 volumes out but we're only getting 2 of them? There's so much future material! Ahh can't stand it. I'll just have to hope this sells really well and s2 can become a thing. What's interesting is most shows cover at least 3 volumes, but this is only doing 2 and the episodes don't feel slow at all.
Old 2013-05-20, 09:46   Link #1486
AP24

The anime will end at vol 3 because vol 1 is covered up to ep5 and this leaves 7 more episodes to be covered. I don't think 7 episodes will cover just vol 2 so it's most likely to cover vol 3 too.

The current stalker points say the first BD/DVD volume is estimated to sell over 10,000 copies. This shows it is very likely to get a second season as long as it keeps selling this much for each BD/DVD volume.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:56   Link #1487
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The anime will end at vol 3 because vol 1 is covered up to ep5 and this leaves 7 more episodes to be covered. I don't think 7 episodes will cover just vol 2 so it's most likely to cover vol 3 too.

The current stalker points say the first BD/DVD volume is estimated to sell over 10,000 copies. This shows it is very likely to get a second season as long as it keeps selling this much for each BD/DVD volume.
Ahh very nice! That's a great estimate.

But if they do 2 volumes in 7 episodes wont it feel crammed later on if they could do 5 with just one? Or are volume 2/3 relatively short?
Old 2013-05-20, 13:10   Link #1488
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nope, third girl never win (if you know any show where does immidetely recommmend it to me.)
Spoiler for Ending of another show:

(Though in this case, I agree that Maou looks very much taken - I doubt that anyone can displace Emi as waifu

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-20 at 18:56. Reason: I put this behind spoiler tags, but there's no way to do it without risking spoiling a show...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 13:15   Link #1489
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Really? By whom? They've all got an equal chance at this point. And at the moment I don't really like any of the other guys in the show but Maou and Ashiya. I think Maou x Suzuno is very cute.
Imo, they'd be the cutest couple ever, but honestly I don't think it would make much narrative sense for Suzuno to ever win. Yusa is the most likely to win. Chiho could possibly steal and unexpected win but that's about it from what i can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How about Lucifer? She even had some interaction with him in this ep.
That thought has crossed my mind and I'm sure it has for a lot of people since they do seem to occupy the same orbit around the main characters. But honestly I hope to God it doesn't turn out that way. I haven't mentioned this before but I have an extremely low opinion of Lucifer for two main reasons:

1) The mood dissonance - It's always been there: People and demons who have killed in droves in zany slapstick comedy is always going to create that dissonance, especially when the series occasionally takes it seriously. But with Maou and Ashiya, I coul at least see some ambiguity so it was tolerable. But with Lucifer there's no ambiguity whatsoever: He was clearly built up as someone responsible for the death of Yusa's father and has unapologetically attempted the murder of many people, including everyone in the main cast. For the show to then turn round and treat Lucifer as some sort of mischievous little boy is just irritating. For me, he's now just a constant huge reminder of the mood dissonance the show has.

2) He's a useless, whiny, waste of oxygen - I honestly can't think of a single positive quality for this douchebag, and so far the biggest impression he's left on me is getting utterly humiliated by the main character. It would take a hell of a lot for him to wipe that impression off my memory, and I really think Suzuno can do far better than the buttmonkey of the cast. XP (I also think she can do far better than being that member of the harem that's got no chance in hell so i wouldn't want that for her either, even though I do agree that's probably the most likely role for her in the romance department)
Old 2013-05-20, 13:21   Link #1490
Ame Yasha

Spoiler for Emerada Etuva:

Cute
Ame Yasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 15:21   Link #1491
Sumeragi
Banned

NSFW
Yandere
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 15:31   Link #1492
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
NSFW
Yandere
This would be more threatening if she was actually capable of harming any other character in the series....
Old 2013-05-20, 16:58   Link #1493
Grey

I had that mood dissonance with Maou. It doesn't bother me now because he acts like a nice guy so I forget. But when I think about it I still wonder if they'll try and twist things so he really isn't to blame for the wars and civilian deaths in Ente Isla.

Lucifer feels like small-fry in comparison. It's funny how the demons don't seem to hold grudges. Lucifer almost kills Maou and Ashiya, next episode they're all roommates and don't care. I guess they just take it for granted in demon society. A little killing, a little assault, no big deal.

That would ironically fit with Maou's comment that he "didn't understand humans."
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 17:24   Link #1494
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Wrong, at the current pace there is space for LN vol 2 + 2 or 3 filler episodes, of which we already had one before volume 2 began.
Old 2013-05-20, 18:57   Link #1495
relentlessflame

*Administrator

If you want to speculate about how much of the novels the anime will cover, please go to the novel thread. I know it's anime-related so you might think it belongs in this thread, but as it relates to the novel, and the novel is further ahead in content, it goes to the novel thread. Thanks...
Old 2013-05-20, 19:00   Link #1496
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, definitely going to end on Volume 2, with maybe a hint of volume 3. As people have mentioned, the Ente Isla plot starts grinding forward from that point on, but any more discussion on THAT has to be directed to our LN thread.
Old 2013-05-21, 02:19   Link #1497
Cadallin

OK, Wow!

I'd been ignoring this series so far this season, and I decided to check it out now on a whim...

This series is brilliant, I really have to say. Wonderfully entertaining. I really like how they're approaching the premise, the execution is really quite good, and the humor is great. Chiho-chan is awesome. I'm going to go ahead and per-emptively say I'd love to see this series get picked up for a second cour.
Cadallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 04:56   Link #1498
jdennis007

I loved Chi-Chan's jealous fit over the Bento box.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:01   Link #1499
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Decided to catch up in this after I wasnt fully impressed with epi 1. Had several people tell me it was good and boy were they right I didnt care for 6 and 7 as much but the 2-5 were great. I love the banter btwn the characters, it's hilarious.

Weirdest part for me was finding out Lucifer's seiyuu is the same as Nai in Karneval. Sooooo didnt see that.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 03:26   Link #1500
Iron Maw
Devil Buster

Images
emi
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work