AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like your Karaoke?
Karaoke with cool flashy special effects! 36 36.36%
Simple Karaoke only 42 42.42%
No karaoke, just the lyrics and translation 17 17.17%
Clean op/ed 4 4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-13, 22:48   Link #1
Zarxrax
Anime-Fansubs

Karaoke on fansubs

What are peoples thoughts on Karaoke?
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 03:03   Link #2
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
oh man... this is just flame bait for the wondering groups of tards that constantly cry about karaoke sfx and fansub logos.. meh.. Anyway as a fansubber I respect the time and effort in karaoke sfx, so long as it is compatible with the song I have no problems... and for you people that have nothing better to do than bash fansub groups.... go try and learn some nice SSA sfx... then you can safely cry about the sfx group X is using. Till then, if you dont like it, dont support fansubs.. wait for the dvds. Certainly dont need people that cry and moan in the scene.
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 05:15   Link #3
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
I like 'em normal karaokes...
but the fancy effects don't bother me either...
Old 2004-04-14, 09:29   Link #4
anthonyxscotland
Highlander

Just get in the way really, Give me a translation of the song and that keeps me happy.
anthonyxscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 09:29   Link #5
K_R
also known as K!

Simple colour swipe is enough. And if possible, have the text appear a bit before the lyrics are sung so people don't have to pre-empt the first syllable (although not possible in most songs).

Looking for a new crew...
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 09:47   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I prefer simple karaokes. Nothing overly complex, just the right fill for the song's beat (\k or \K). Sometimes they even look without the fill effects.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 12:05   Link #7
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
ya, a nice \k or \K with acurate timing with \t does look pretty good. \K though is a little hard to get working with some words if not timed properly. I would have to say right now sfx wise, I like the "nudges" of Eise's karaokes in Naruto 3rd ed and from the Konomini op.
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:39   Link #8
7thMethuselah

I feel fansubbers are free to do what they want with the opening and ending songs, I actually like to see what nice effects they can put into it. I actually dislike OP and ED without karaoke's. So fansubbers : make it nice and shiny !!

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:42   Link #9
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I don't like karaokes that move. I don't see how they're useful, and they are distracting.
Old 2004-04-14, 13:43   Link #10
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
who or how can you sub karaoke? in english or japanese? 0_0

Made by Raijin @ Naruto EX
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:43   Link #11
Secret Squirrel

I'm neither one way or the other.

Basic karaoke effects are nice to have - anything else is just a "bonus" that doesn't really bother me, but if people want to show their skills or use the opening credits as a chance to develop their skills further than that's good. I don't see it as a problem.
Secret Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:22   Link #12
emessen

it's a nice little extra... and if they do flashy effects or just a simple one... thats good

but i dont sit thru opening and ending credits for every single episode...

i fast forward and get to the actual episode...
Old 2004-04-14, 20:04   Link #13
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

Well, flashy is ok...but when it defeats the purpose of karaoke or covers the whole animation then that's another thing. (eg. karaokes that fade after the syllable is sung or karaokes that grow to some ridiculous size) I suppose you can call it simple karaoke, but its possible to make flashy karaoke without doing those two aforementioned things.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 20:20   Link #14
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enragin_Angel
Well, flashy is ok...but when it defeats the purpose of karaoke or covers the whole animation then that's another thing. (eg. karaokes that fade after the syllable is sung or karaokes that grow to some ridiculous size) I suppose you can call it simple karaoke, but its possible to make flashy karaoke without doing those two aforementioned things.
Uh... having the syllable fade out after it is sung is no problem. It's when it's fading in _as_ it's being sung that causes the problem
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 20:42   Link #15
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I like karaoke that match with the anime style. Nothing too fancy that overdid the original opening or ending, or blocked credits and stuffs.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 21:38   Link #16
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

zalas: Yeah, that's what i meant hehe.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 03:26   Link #17
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Here is a question for karaoke, it looks like everyone fansub pretty much has same standard the hiragana katakana, romanji and the translation.

My question isn't it make more sense if the hiragana katakana on the same side as the romanji while the translation on the other side? I saw some fansubs does the reverse. I tought when you are actually singing and reading the karaoke, you want to be able to see both hiragana and romanji at the same time.

What do you think?
Old 2004-05-15, 03:48   Link #18
Kensuke

I think that its pretty much "standard" to put kanas (katakana and hiragana) and kanji on the upperside with romanji and translations to lowerside of the screen. But sometimes kanas are already there (mostly in shows that are for younger children), so fansubbers don't have any choise in that matter.

And about original question, bring those cool effects on! I love them.
Especially Anime-Keeps Yumeria, and they put kanas in the side of the screen.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 03:57   Link #19
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Hmmm I guess so.

I tought it'll be kinda nice if you put the kanji and the romanji together, so for people that trying to learn to read japanese can see the pronounciation of the kanji word in romanji and as they heard the song.
Old 2004-05-15, 14:01   Link #20
sapphire

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
oh man... this is just flame bait for the wondering groups of tards that constantly cry about karaoke sfx and fansub logos.. meh.. Anyway as a fansubber I respect the time and effort in karaoke sfx, so long as it is compatible with the song I have no problems... and for you people that have nothing better to do than bash fansub groups.... go try and learn some nice SSA sfx... then you can safely cry about the sfx group X is using. Till then, if you dont like it, dont support fansubs.. wait for the dvds. Certainly dont need people that cry and moan in the scene.
If you are talking about the thread I posted some weeks ago about this subject all I can say is I'm entitled to my opinion and because I would prefer my OPs untouched and as close to the original as possible does not make me a 'wondering tard' (wondering? could you mean 'wandering'?)

Fact is, too many fansubbers have forgotten that the anime is the star not them. Too many egos and oooo! everyone look at how cweeeative I am! and not enough respect of the original material. Yes that is my opinion and I stand by it.

If you don't want criticism of your work, don't put it out there. Stating an opinion is not the same thing as 'crying and moaning'. That sounds like your post to me.

Your extreme defensiveness on this issue makes me feel that perhaps my criticisms (constructive believe it or not) hit a little too close to home...) Truth hurts as American people are wont to say.

FWIW, that thread I posted when I had run out of my cipramil and I was crazy-bouncing off the walls-rant about everything mode as I always am when I have run out of my tablets. All tact and diplomacy goes right out the window when I have run out and I regretted it immediately and wished I had posted it on my read by-2-people live journal instead.

But -just because I currently lack the ability to do fansubs myself does not mean that I do not have a right to criticise-(that's a straw man argument anyway)I am entitled to my opinion regardless and I won't hesitate to express it. And if you don't like it don't read it.

I'm a 'tard' because I have a different opinion to you-nice!-Saph

(and I am sorry but the karaoke font for shoujo's mermaid melody is *Still* the most fugly font I have ever seen! It really does mar my enjoyment of the whole anime so ugly is it. Too bad the other fansub groups seem to have abandoned this anime. Sigh.)

-Saph, profoundly unimpressed by those who think namecalling and strawmen are a substitute for real arguments
sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote