AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-15, 06:17   Link #21
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

Full Metal Panic! It has everything!!! romance, drama, action, humour....YAY!!!!!
Old 2004-04-15, 08:56   Link #22
Arwyn

Shingetsutan Tsukihime is one of my favorites right now, but I would also throw in Raxephon, KGNE, and Jin Roh.

Honestly, I cant pick just one, but I can get closer on a paticular genre.
Old 2004-04-15, 14:08   Link #23
momojigari
Great I-Jin

Hellsing. You sure you wanna mess w/ a bad@$$ Vampire...didn't think so })

other than that....i'm hooked with Naruto and Prince of Tennis (where's the new eps!!!)
Old 2004-04-15, 20:28   Link #24
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
The best EVER is SAINT SEIYA! PERIOD! sorry for the capitals... but honestly there is no best anime, everyone has his own favorite, even pokemon is the best for someone ( for me is just the second, seriously! im the only one here who likes pokemon?)
I fullly agree with you! besides who can dislike this pictures?

Esmaraldaaaaaaaaaaaaa noooooo
Old 2004-04-15, 20:53   Link #25
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I fullly agree with you! besides who can dislike this pictures?

Esmaraldaaaaaaaaaaaaa noooooo

First i dont know what saint seiya is, but now i know it has a different tittle here...its called Knights of the Zodiac...they even sell action figure here but just a hand full of choices...
Old 2004-04-15, 22:18   Link #26
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianAngel
First i dont know what saint seiya is, but now i know it has a different tittle here...its called Knights of the Zodiac...they even sell action figure here but just a hand full of choices...
Correction: It WAS airing, Cartoon Netwoork cancel it due to many complains from the fans of this show

The scenes in those pictures were never shown in CN, they were replaced by fillers. And they replaced the color of the blood by green or blue lol
Old 2004-04-16, 09:16   Link #27
Sakuba
Student of the Fung Huo

knights of the zodiacs, is one of the oldest animes, i've seen. i was like 3 when i saw this, and am surprise it has shown on cartoon network, after all the series, was crap, and rubbish the storyline was badly written.
knights of zodiacs were the worst anime, ever it is not the best
Old 2004-04-16, 09:24   Link #28
7thMethuselah

Yeah, Knights of the Zodiac is probably not the most fantastic anime ever but I watched it when I was a kid and that that time I didn't care one bit about story . All I wanted was cool characters and lots of action and this is the one thing that KotZ has plenty off. So at the time it was one of my favorite shows. I actually bought the DVD's a few years ago out of pure nostalgia while I usually only buy the really awesome shows

Old 2004-04-16, 10:51   Link #29
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Saint Seiya is Crap? Really? You must be part of that very small percentage of people who think that this show is crap. And I don't blame you since you may have watched it in the US and most kids in the US think it is crap. But 90% of the whole world think Saint Seiya is one the best animes ever made that's a fact. Did you know that the series ended abruptly 15 years ago? And then fans from all over the world began to send millions of letters to Toei animation so that they could continue the series? And guess what, they did! The decisive factor was that some guys in France started to draw beautiful fan art of Saint Seiya and because of that Toei though that the series may actually be very profitable once again. And it is. Europe, Asia, and Latin America have millions and millions of fans that follow the series. Currently, the series is airing again (this must be like ten times by now) from the begining in most parts of the world. Believe me you are one those rare cases

As I said before, the series has stopped airing in the US due to horrible results obtained from heavily censuring and editing. DiC and Cartoon network wanted to make this show a kids-friendly anime lol and they failed misserably.

In its original verision the anime is almost perfect in everything:

Music: Probably the best anime music ever made.

Artwork: Simply amazing in its old and new versions.

Characters and Storyline: This is the strongest part of the show.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-04-16 at 11:36.
Old 2004-04-17, 05:35   Link #30
Sakuba
Student of the Fung Huo

quote by sugetsu:

Quote:
But 90% of the whole world think Saint Seiya is one the best animes ever made that's a fact
first, that fact of yours isn't true, after all over 40% or more never even heard of saint seiya, and so how can 90% of the whole world would think that saint seiya is the best in the world? people in africa and in iraq, and other undelvelop countries. sure you can say 33% of the worlds population as almost everyone in china has heard of anime, and may have seen saint seiya, but then you have to consider the elderly, who don't watch anime.
and by the way saint seiya is truthly really rubbish, i saw it in chinese and japanese and it is still nothing compared to dragon ball, and other anime that are recntly out.

so saint seiya is not the worlds best anime
Old 2004-04-17, 08:16   Link #31
Lambda

Why do so many people think "favourite" and "in my opinion, the best" have to necessarily coincide? My favourite anime is easily Lain, but I am in little doubt that Evangelion is in fact better, and I am prepared to state quite unambiguously and confidently that Eva is indeed the best anime there is, excepting titles I haven't had the opportunity to see. The number of things it has that demand pseudo-objective praise (genuinely objective praise is of course impossible) dwarf those of any other title, and apart from budgetary considerations, it's remarkably difficult to criticise its execution, criticisms almost invariably prove to be aimed at what it chooses to do, (and therefore taste-dependant), not how well it does it.

Note that "best" does not equate to "liked by everyone", unless you judge purely on popularity, in which case the question can be answered by simple number crunching.
Old 2004-04-17, 12:09   Link #32
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuba
quote by sugetsu:

first, that fact of yours isn't true, after all over 40% or more never even heard of saint seiya, and so how can 90% of the whole world would think that saint seiya is the best in the world? people in africa and in iraq, and other undelvelop countries. sure you can say 33% of the worlds population as almost everyone in china has heard of anime, and may have seen saint seiya, but then you have to consider the elderly, who don't watch anime.
and by the way saint seiya is truthly really rubbish, i saw it in chinese and japanese and it is still nothing compared to dragon ball, and other anime that are recntly out.

so saint seiya is not the worlds best anime
ok ok 60% of the world population then excluding the US and Africa
Old 2004-04-19, 08:00   Link #33
Innotech

My favorites are perhaps a bit unorthodox.
Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Milenium Actress, Noir, Paranoia Agent (up to ep 5), Hi no tori (ep 2), Last Exile
Notice they are almost all what a lot of people call "boring and pointless", but to me they are all absolutely masterpieces.
Old 2004-04-19, 13:51   Link #34
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
Note that "best" does not equate to "liked by everyone", unless you judge purely on popularity, in which case the question can be answered by simple number crunching.
Yeah you're right. Everybody has their own opinion about an anime. I love Cowboy
Bebop, it's my absolute favorite and to me it's one of the best animes out there,
but other people may hate//dislike CB hehe but that doesn't make me love it less
Old 2004-04-19, 15:00   Link #35
Sethi
StormRider

Well i have a lot of Favorites so i'll just point a few.
Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Panic and most recent Read Or Die TV.

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Old 2004-04-19, 18:32   Link #36
Buu
will I ever be loved.....

Vampire Hunter D
Ninja Scroll
Blood the last Vampire
Ghost in the Shell
Princess Mononoke
Fist of the North star (Cant remeber name right saw it while ago)
The Vision of Escaflowne
Gundam WIng
Chobits
Naruto
Nidori no Hibi
Shaman King
Sailor Moon (is a classic)

DB,DBZ,DBGT are okay.
But Buu is so cuteeeeeeee!
Chii is so Kawaii too.
Old 2004-04-19, 20:21   Link #37
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

oldies and goodies

if i'm gonna choose one from all the anime that i ever watch...it would be gundam wing would be the best for me.

my favorites are flame of recca, dragonball z, inu yasha, ghost fighter ( a.k.a yu yu hakusho), evangelion, escaflowne, lupin the 3rd, ranma 1/2, ruroni kenshin (samurai X), oh my goddess, marionette, tenchi muyo, La Blue girls, ninja scroll, patlabor, macross, slayer and magic knight reyearth...
Old 2004-04-19, 20:30   Link #38
Ragnarok6502
the apocolips comes

oh gees. i dont know i like almost ever singal anime ive seen. i dont really have a favorit. but the ones i could never get tired of would be. Wolf's Rain, Naruto, E's Otherwise, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Alchemist, FFU, Rah Xephon, and Matantei Loki Ragnarok. but i agree with all these ppl who say that differant ppl have differant tasts.
Old 2004-04-20, 00:21   Link #39
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I could swear I've seen this thread somewhere else...
It's not my personal #1 favorite, but I think Full Metal Panic is the best example of anime. I mean, it covers practically every genre. The art is good, too.
Old 2004-04-20, 02:44   Link #40
partykidjanny
love the HYDE

If I had to choose 1, right now I'd say Naruto.

Reason: Naruto has all the stuff I like [slapstick, angst, rivalry, bishounen, and tons of slashiness]!
Closed Thread