AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-04-14, 05:47   Link #1
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
LitePC and Bit Torrent programs

I wondered if anyone is using Bit Torrent with a LitePC installation? I can't seem to use Azureus, TorrentStorm nor the latest version of ABC.

LitePC enables one to install Windows98/ME or convert an existing installation, making a lot of the "essential" parts of Windows into options. For example, Internet Explorer can be uninstalled from Windows, removing a lot of clutter that IE and associated parts comes with, and making Windows much faster and efficient. (For more information check http://www.litepc.com)

Whilst Bit Torrent is designed to be a multi-platform application, is there anything in a Windows build that requires certain parts of Windows?

(Currently I am using an old build of ABC)

Widya Santoso
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 17:07   Link #2
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

One part of WxPython expects Internet Explorer to be on a Windows box, but if ABC was running successfully maybe that's not the problem.

What sort of errors do you get with the new ABC and Azureus?
Old 2004-04-17, 00:54   Link #3
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
One part of WxPython expects Internet Explorer to be on a Windows box, but if ABC was running successfully maybe that's not the problem.

What sort of errors do you get with the new ABC and Azureus?
My version of ABC is fairly old (2.4.3). I've had some success with the latest client, TurboBT.

Regarding new ABC and Azureus, what happens is- nothing! I've uninstalled both Java and Azureus and reinstalled them but I get nothing. (A log from running FileMon can be found here .) I'm now wondering if perhaps the fact that in the Sleek shell of litePC (with which I am normally running my PC) I am using the Win95 version of explorer.exe the versions of Java and/or Azureus are not compatible with Win95? When I go to Chubby and Full shells (which both use the 98 version of explorer.exe) I can get Azureus to work.
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote