AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-21, 11:20   Link #1
wEnQi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to wEnQi
Cooking Master Boy

Has anyone download the cooking master boy series? does you guys know why is the lang of it not jap? is there any seed file of it is in jap lang?

Edit by Mod (xris)
Since you are not discussing the series but asking a question about the language it's shown in, I've moved the thread into the General Anime forum.
__________________
the worst feelin in the world is when the one u love is sittin beside u... and yet u cannot have her......

Last edited by xris; 2004-04-21 at 11:48. Reason: Thread moved
wEnQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 18:14   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Originally the show was shown in Japanese, but unfortunately those raws are few and hard to find. The raws that Anime-Keep found were dubbed into Cantonese or Mandarin. Most of the show is a Cantonese dub, but later episodes were only available in Mandarin. I prefered the Cantonese voice actors myself, but I was really just glad to get a chance to enjoy this extremely rare show.

I know that Anime-Keep has suggested that they might resub the show if they could get ahold of high quality Japanese language raws. No promises of course, but I still have some hope of hearing it in Japanese some day.... or at least getting the last episodes in Cantonese.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 18:42   Link #3
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I have the complete Cooking Master Boy Japanese version.

This was shown in asia... for 2 years straight...(it got to the point were fans was fed up with that anime)
But when i Dled the chinese version, it was kinda weird...and new.

hey did you know that the one who voiced Li Mao Shing is the same who voiced Kanna of Sakura Wars.

My friends and i was thinking of (re)subbing it using the japanese audio some day.
I have the raw but chinese VCD dub version.
Alas, we can't seem to find the time...and the site to up it..except SL.
(same with the rest of the Condor hero episodes)
Oh well...
__________________
"Kakashi and Iruka riding a Poporing from Ragnarok"...Master Ran
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 19:10   Link #4
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
I have the complete Cooking Master Boy Japanese version.

This was shown in asia... for 2 years straight...(it got to the point were fans was fed up with that anime)
But when i Dled the chinese version, it was kinda weird...and new.

hey did you know that the one who voiced Li Mao Shing is the same who voiced Kanna of Sakura Wars.

My friends and i was thinking of (re)subbing it using the japanese audio some day.
I have the raw but chinese VCD dub version.
Alas, we can't seem to find the time...and the site to up it..except SL.
(same with the rest of the Condor hero episodes)
Oh well...
Li Mao Shing...Tanaka Mayumi as seiyuu...ah! Now I know what you guys are talking about. The Japanese title for this is: 中華一番! (Chuuka Ichiban!)

Unfortunately, no DVD of this series is out in Japan right now...only the VHS versions that are pretty easy to find on Amazon Japan.

Also, I think most Westerners would find Tanaka Mayumi's voice more familiar with Kuririn from "Dragon Ball" and Pazoo from "Laputa: Castle in the Sky"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 22:03   Link #5
cindialai
Tsukimori
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Cooking Master Boy Special is this real

I finally got the chance to download this... I know that the subtitles are fake but luckily I know cantonese.. My question is.. is this a real special or it's anime-keep made special for April Fool's day?
__________________

Last edited by xris; 2004-04-22 at 02:55. Reason: Moved into the General Anime forum
cindialai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 22:31   Link #6
Aznmask
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Aznmask Send a message via AIM to Aznmask Send a message via MSN to Aznmask Send a message via Yahoo to Aznmask
well I watched the whole Cooking MAster Boy 1-52.. and the special ..

lol the special is just make by Anime-keeper they use the episode 1x.. and changed the meaning..
__________________
My anime list
http://www.animenfo.com/myanimedb.php?userid=7866
Aznmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 00:08   Link #7
jpwong
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I looked all over the place and finally found a place that said what it was. It's supposed to be A-Keep's April fool's day joke.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 18:23   Link #8
cindialai
Tsukimori
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Send a message via MSN to cindialai
cooking master boy episode 41-52 mandarin?

is there a duo audio track... or is it mandarin audio only? i'm asking this because episode 1 - 20 is cantonese.
__________________
cindialai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 18:27   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
There is no duo audio track. Raws of this show were very hard to find so the later episodes of CMB are taken from Madarin dubs. This is less offensive if you consider that the original language for this show is Japanese and until now you were watching Cantonese dubs. On the other hand I prefered the Cantonese voice actors to the Mandarin voice actors, but I still hope that someday someone (maybe AKeep) will resub the entire show with the original Japanese language track.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 20:13   Link #10
minglong
Jump!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I've watched the entire CMB in the original Japanese language on TV. Hearing the Mandarin dubs when I download A-Keep's fansub made the anime seem...different...to me. Well, maybe just to me, but I prefer the Japanese voices .
__________________
minglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 23:50   Link #11
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by minglong
I've watched the entire CMB in the original Japanese language on TV. Hearing the Mandarin dubs when I download A-Keep's fansub made the anime seem...different...to me. Well, maybe just to me, but I prefer the Japanese voices .
Not me, i actually prefer that they speak cantonese. It seems fitting since all of the series takes place in china.

On the other hand, I think mandarin is ok but the voices just sounds better in cantonese
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 06:31   Link #12
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Just like some of the other lucky viewers out there, I did get to watch this series in its original Japanese track. In that case, watching it in Cantonese or Mandarin definitely sounds interesting. But I was wondering--is there a manga of this out there? The series didn't exactly end, you know.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 17:07   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Yes there is a manga, but as far as I know it was never licensed or scanlated.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 20:03   Link #14
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
There's a big difference between the anime and manga.

The death of Maos mother was never explained in the anime.
Did you know that in the manga, Maos' mother, The Legendary Fairy Cook Pai died a sad and horrible death?

His former student (the scarred one-forgot his name) in revenge, took all Pais' Assistant Cooks and other stuffs too.
This made Pai do all the work by herself, trying to meet ends in keeping her restaurant afloat but she died poor and miserable. So much for the Legendary fairy cook. Really sad.

And in the Manga, His companion was only Shiro, Mei Li never went with Mao in his culinary adventures.

And one of those adventures, he fought a devious French cook. One of the best cooking fights in the manga.
__________________
"Kakashi and Iruka riding a Poporing from Ragnarok"...Master Ran

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-05-05 at 20:14.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 00:01   Link #15
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
The death of Maos mother was never explained in the anime.
Did you know that in the manga, Maos' mother, The Legendary Fairy Cook Pai died a sad and horrible death?
It's also explained in the anime I believe, though it isn't as tragic or as miserable as that. Kinda vague too. It's eventually revealed that his mother went after the former student who fled towards the forest long ago. Supposedly, that's where she died.

So in the manga, his only companion is Shiro? Gee, that's a bit of a disappointment. Those cooks that accompanied him were kind of cool too.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 14:13   Link #16
cindialai
Tsukimori
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Send a message via MSN to cindialai
i wonder how many people actually give cooking master boy a chance...

even after re-releasing the anime on bittorrent... anime-keep... only a handfull of people are downloading it...
i think CMB is very unique.. maybe unique animes, people would not try. It did get on the japan tokyo top ten anime rating charts when it was aired..
__________________
cindialai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 21:46   Link #17
Achenar459
Hikaru no Go Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CA
Send a message via ICQ to Achenar459 Send a message via AIM to Achenar459 Send a message via MSN to Achenar459 Send a message via Yahoo to Achenar459
Unhappy Anime-Keep's Cooking Master Boy

CMB was one of my favorite unfinished anime's (i had 1-17) until recently when I was able to download all the Anime-Keep fansubs of the series. AWESOME, right? well almost...i watched up through 36 and was loving it. Then all of a sudden in episode 37 the language changed from Cantonese to Mandorin...all the voices of people i'd come to know were gone and the feel of the anime from that point on changed drastically. the subtitles are not as appealing either. newayz, i could barely sit through half of episode 37 and have lost all will to continue watching this anime any further, all because of a simple language change.

why would they change languages half-way through an anime? the cantonese version was wonderful and now i'm missing eps 37-52 because the show all of a sudden feels like a crappy dubbed version rather than a really good voice acted version with english subs.

does anybody else feel this way?
-Ach

/edit now that i've been able to get the Search bar working properly using the Alternative style, i found a simliar thread to this here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...cooking+master

sorry and if a mod sees this, feel free to delete

Last edited by Achenar459; 2004-09-05 at 22:22.
Achenar459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 23:16   Link #18
cindialai
Tsukimori
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Felt the same

I felt the same so that's why I bought the series instead... the were having a hard time finding raws for CMB that's why... you should buy it instead ..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Achenar459
CMB was one of my favorite unfinished anime's (i had 1-17) until recently when I was able to download all the Anime-Keep fansubs of the series. AWESOME, right? well almost...i watched up through 36 and was loving it. Then all of a sudden in episode 37 the language changed from Cantonese to Mandorin...all the voices of people i'd come to know were gone and the feel of the anime from that point on changed drastically. the subtitles are not as appealing either. newayz, i could barely sit through half of episode 37 and have lost all will to continue watching this anime any further, all because of a simple language change.

why would they change languages half-way through an anime? the cantonese version was wonderful and now i'm missing eps 37-52 because the show all of a sudden feels like a crappy dubbed version rather than a really good voice acted version with english subs.

does anybody else feel this way?
-Ach

/edit now that i've been able to get the Search bar working properly using the Alternative style, i found a simliar thread to this here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...cooking+master

sorry and if a mod sees this, feel free to delete
__________________
cindialai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 03:03   Link #19
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai
It did get on the japan tokyo top ten anime rating charts when it was aired..
Have you watched Iron Chef? It's a Japanese game show for cooks with a campy spin to it. They even have judges and a plot!

Hmmm. They seem to be related somehow.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 03:32   Link #20
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I hate to say this but..

The first time I watched the Cantonese dub of CMB, the voices...

They sounded horribly horribly similar to another anime I watched. I checked both the voice actors lists and, what else, they are mostly the team that dub Doraemon Cantonese dub :| .

Recycle to the extreme I call it.

I truely truely hate Cantonese dub.

Along with English dub.

I apologize to any English voice actors here who may frequent the forum.
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.