AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-05, 14:00   Link #1
Zeross

I'm a royal tutor in my sister's dress

I didn't see a thread about this manga, both by searching the english title and the japanese one (doresu na boku ga yangotonaki katagata no katei kyoushisama na ken).

It's a fairly newly translated manga. English scans are at chapter 4 but going out each weeks. I've read that raw/chinese trad are way more foward, but i don't read those.

The MyAnimeList page page is there.

The synopsis from MyAnimeList is :

Quote:
An ordinary boy called Sherlock Doyle is captured and forced to put on his twin sister's dress by the Emperor's diplomat to be shipped to a small country called Ehren. His genius sister, Glinda, went missing two days before she's supposed to be sent to Ehren to be an royal tutor for the King's children. The sudden life change is too overwhelming for Sherlock, but he sees no way out. Later, he finds out the disturbing truth about the kingdom's intention with his sister.

(Source: M-U)

So. The title and the synopsis gave me absolutly no wish to start reading this. I thought it would be total crap.
I still started and flipped few pages and the art instantly drew me in. Here is a sample of one page (spoilerless)

The art are realy cute, the story is developing decently fast for 4 chapters. It's realy light hearted and comic (not the laugthing out loud kind of comedy, but more the put a smile on your face and few chukle in your mouth kind).

Is there anyone else here reading this ? what are your thoughts about it ?
Old 2012-11-05, 14:39   Link #2
Tsundere Louise

Sherlock... Doyle... I see what they did there...
Old 2012-11-05, 15:47   Link #3
NeutralZero

Really like the series so far...
But still... what could be the reason for her sister to suddenly disappear and dump all the responsibilities to him?
Now that the initial being the next wife of the ruler is out of the picture and was a prank of the twins.
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 16:01   Link #4
Zeross

I hope we will see the sister appearing in the future. Maybe not soon as we have a lot of material to be developed for now : Seira that seem to know his secret, Doyle beiing accustomed to his job as a tutor (will he ever be accustomed to the twins is the question ).

I've seen the serie flagged as romance on some site, but i don't think the girls are in his age range ? Maybe Seira but i'm not sure.
Ryuuju might grow some feeling for Doyle if he don't discover the thruth too soon but no way that's beiing reciprocated (or the manga should have one more tag ). The king/queen are, i think, out of questions.

Do you think this tag is there because something will hapen later or just because the art look like a romance manga so it's auto-flagged as it ?
Old 2012-11-05, 18:40   Link #5
Insane
Banned

Somehow feels like reading OtoBoku manga, with nearly similar premise and protag's personality. A clueless dude got forced into crosdressing and hell, he's so cute that i want to abduct him.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 20:43   Link #6
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

There is 1 volume of this as LN as well, but not sure if it is popular enough to call for a translator....I read like a chapter of it in Chinese, got bored and stopped.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 22:50   Link #7
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
There is 1 volume of this as LN as well, but not sure if it is popular enough to call for a translator....I read like a chapter of it in Chinese, got bored and stopped.
So, this manga is adapted from LN?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 23:25   Link #8
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
So, this manga is adapted from LN?
I would imagine so, yes.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 12:19   Link #9
dragon1412

To be honest, i try the LN but it isn't as impressive, i'd say that if you have time to read it isn't a bad deal but for now... the story seem quite plain to me.
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 09:53   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

For a trap, he looks beautiful.
Old 2012-11-07, 11:42   Link #11
dragon1412

I find the LN illustration is better, here is the cover vol 1 for those who are interested:
Old 2012-11-07, 13:54   Link #12
Tsundere Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
For a trap, he looks beautiful.
Like most traps. ;p
Old 2012-11-07, 15:05   Link #13
NeutralZero

So how many volume of the LN has?
We've seen the chinese version or text of the manga. Interesting but kinda plain with a somewhat slow progress (our view point)
In terms of shipping for a normal one we like him and the silver haired princess
but his trap version to be paired to the eldest prince looks nice... the prince or with the guy that pushed him to pretend as his sister...
Old 2012-11-07, 20:24   Link #14
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
So how many volume of the LN has?
We've seen the chinese version or text of the manga. Interesting but kinda plain with a somewhat slow progress (our view point)
In terms of shipping for a normal one we like him and the silver haired princess
but his trap version to be paired to the eldest prince looks nice... the prince or with the guy that pushed him to pretend as his sister...
currently 1 vol for now. Your view point is correct. Basically, when you read the setting, you have a feeling:" this seem quite interesting, 1st time i heard something likethis" but when you read the story, the story is quite good but due to the unque setting that we expected its kinda make the story seem plain. By the way, by the end of vol 1, the trap version already make 2 target (flag raised to be correct) with the Prince, Gilma(haven't appear in the manga yet for those question who he is )Helmut don't have that much appearence and he clear Seira route too.
Old 2012-11-07, 20:32   Link #15
florza
一日之计在于晨

I totally read the title as 'I'm a royal pain in my sister's ass'.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 20:41   Link #16
NeutralZero

Spoiler for Gilma:
Old 2012-11-07, 20:54   Link #17
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Spoiler for Gilma:
haven't read the manga raw yet so i can't be too sure about that, The bracelet scene did happen but it didn't leave much of an impact in me.

@florza: you are such a genius
Old 2012-11-07, 21:02   Link #18
Velsy

Only read like 3 chapters of it. I sorta have mixed feelings over it. I dont really know if I like it or not. That being said I dont know if I will keep reading it.

I dont really like traps, unless theres some sorta reason for it (etc like Maria+holic). For his situation, hes forced to do it or get beheaded, so I can give him some benifit of the doubt for it. I more or less want to know why his sister has hung him out to dry like that. As *smart* as they say she is, she should of known they would then abuse her brother. Maybe shes the type whos very knowledgable, but cant think ahead.

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-11-07 at 21:12.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 01:26   Link #19
Zeross

please, i've read some spoiler from the LN around the thread, can you mark them as it please ?
Old 2012-11-09, 08:35   Link #20
NeutralZero

Ch 5 out... the maid and some of the residents in that castle... they seems to have a few screw loose or something...
And this time they introduce Gilma and his uncle that seems to seek to destroy her(his) reputation...
Can't wait for the next ch...