AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-03-06, 12:59   Link #141
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Great, so the Autobots save the world three seperate times, then after all the trouble they gave them during those three times, our government abandons them and apparently hunt them down and even attacks innocent people who are connected to them? Makes me wonder what happened to Sam and the Autobots' friends in the military.

I hate our government in the Transformer movies. First they were whiny, selfish scumbags and now they're evil?
It's Michael Bay, he ran out of ideas... just like he did for Pearl Harbor and made up about the japanese attacking hospitals.
Old 2014-03-06, 19:32   Link #142
Ithekro
Warning

What about Pretenders and things like Headmasters. All late G1 era concepts that bring humanoids and cybertonians together. Either as a robot pretending to be a human (Super God Masterforce series), or a humanoid that either is partnered with a robot (Headmasters series), or in control of a life-less robot (Super God Masterforce series).
Old 2014-03-07, 04:03   Link #143
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
or maybe they are just xenophobic of illegal immigrants from another world who were also a highly powerful & advanced superior civilization with great technology & weapons compared to the earth's entire military combined, regardless of which side they are on, which includes the act of innocent justice making,

even if they are the heroes that once saved & protected one's world along with its many lives, sacrificing themselves in the process such as the autobots for example,

the government may view the war between the autobots & decepticons on earth as a form of intergalactic terrorism that is viewed as a reckless act of indangering the lives of its local inhabitants & damaging the surrounding environment, as if there is an intergalactic treaty rules made by someone out there involving that, Sentinel Prime's betrayal probably makes it much worse which has caused a huge misunderstanding, which they believed one person may effect an entire organization as a whole dispite having multiple leaderships & different beliefs,

the other part is the Cybertronians are affecting the earth's economy as they are trying to search of new raw materials to ensure the survival of their respective species, so again probably an act of smuggling, another form of intergalactic terrorism that may cause side effects..........
Problem with all of that is, in all three movies the Decepticons never attacked earth because of the Autobots. First it was the All Spark, then it was the sun killer, then it was to use humanity for slaves to rebuild Cybertron. The Autobots didn't cause a siongle thing on earth, so blaming them is more like "we don't like you just because and we need somebody to blame for all of this, so we'll blame you even though you saved us."

And above all, none of this gives the government the right to attack innocent civilians.
Old 2014-03-07, 09:49   Link #144
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

And above all, none of this gives the government the right to attack innocent civilians.
I have theory the ones hunting Optmus are not government or military but merc playing bounty hunters.

A company is producing drone Transformers in China.

What was the political background in ROTF and DOTM in regards to the Autobots?

In ROTF Galloway complained the Autobot Alliance treaty forbade countries from acquiring and developing Cybertronian weapons. With his antagonism towards the Autobots he is likely payed under the table by corporations. Even by Human Decepticon collaborators.

He was wiling to hand over Sam when it was against US interests to do so. Turns out he was wrong the Decepticons was willing to kill the Human race and likely kicked out from ever interacting with the Autobots cause he is not diplomatic.

Enter Mearing who has her own personality problems and is likely pushed as liason to NEST by some committee in congress. Her attitude is over compensation for something around Autobots and Sam. Though in the events of DOTM she learns from her mistakes.

The US congress against world opinion, United Nations, unilaterally gave in to Decepticon terrorist threats and exiled the Autobots effectively scrapping the treaty. Again collaborators and corporations lobbying against the treaty.

The Decepticons still attacked and planned to enslave humanity.

The Autobots saved the world particularly the US again.

The rules have changed that without the treaty corporations are free to create their own Transformers.

Thing is the US and Russia broke the treaty first not telling the Autobots about the Ark or Chernobyl.

Where those governments ever willing to abide by the treaty anyway? Even the PRC?

Basically the US has humiliated itself on the international stage being surrender monkeys.

The Megacorp see as long as the Autobots are out there they can't sell their Stingers as replacements.

Thus they vilify and hunt them.

Attinger reasoning I can see similar to Porter C. Powell. Autobots have no rights since they are not Human. We are not committing a crime doing this.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 10:49   Link #145
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
well the Autobots are also "people", same with the Decepticons, civilized Cybertronians in general,
is there actually any law that is in the same way as human rights? well with intelligent alien lifeforms of course, even if they happened to look like puddings that could speak & walk,

so the Decepticons managed to control the earth's government from the shadows even though they were defeated in DOTM & losing their leader along with some of their high ranking 2nd in commands in the process? before Galvatron appeared?
unless they managed to replace their fallen leader just in time during their panic, while trying to lead & plan their next strike during their humiliating retreat..........
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 10:53   Link #146
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nobody posted this yet? Well, here goes:

Some obligatory official artworks for our beloved robots in TF4 (HUGE pics):

Images
Dinobots
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Autobots

Images
Decepticons & others
Old 2014-04-14, 16:20   Link #147
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Who wants to take bets how Racist the Samurai autobot is gonna be?
Old 2014-05-15, 02:23   Link #148
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

- Grimlock is more of a dragon than a T-Rex
- Autobots can smoke cigars?
- It WAS, as I thought, a gunsword in Mark Wahlberg's hand.
- They replaced Linkin Park with Imagine Dragons.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 03:17   Link #149
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
This is a... Good thing? I haven't listened to much of Imagine Dragons to tell.

Quote:
They can pretend they are....
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 15:23   Link #150
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

Old 2014-05-15, 17:39   Link #151
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post

- Grimlock is more of a dragon than a T-Rex
I think Grimlock and the other Dinobots have always had fire breath, at least in most incarnations. So at least that's accurate .
Quote:
Well, Kup had a Cy-Gar in the IDW comics, for what it's worth .
Quote:
- It WAS, as I thought, a gunsword in Mark Wahlberg's hand.
I wonder if it's a miniature Cybetronian weapon, or appendage, that he appropriates? Or maybe a human-made Transformer weapon?
Quote:
I guess that's because Imagine Dragons are more popular or mainstream now maybe? I've liked songs by both artists so I can live with the change.

You know things are bad when Optimus Prime is having a crisis of faith in regards to fighting for the humans. After centuries of waging war, losing so many comrades, and having the government constantly betray the Autobots, I guess I can't blame him .

Is the bot' that Prime is fighting with near the pillars supposed to be Galvatron? I'm honestly having trouble telling him and Lockdown apart .

So if the Dinobots are the "new army" that the Autobots need to turn the tide, I wonder what exactly their origin is going to be... I doubt they'll be one of the human-made Transformers made by the government, but I could see the movie creative team taking the Predacons origin and using it as the basis for Dinobots.

I admit, that scene with Prime and Grimlock tearing up those Decepticons was pretty awesome. If nothing else, this movie will be a nice spectacle .
Old 2014-05-15, 18:42   Link #152
Ithekro
Warning

The cartoon version of the Dinobots were made on Earth from what I remember. They were a bit dumb because they didn't have the processors of a Cybertronian...at first. They got upgraded brains that made them at least fuctional, if not entirely loyal, Autobots. Over time, Grimlock and the others would become excellent, if dim, soldiers for Optimus Prime and later Rodimus Prime.

The comics have them entirely different.
Old 2014-06-02, 13:51   Link #153
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

A few ads...
Spoiler:

Old 2014-06-03, 09:06   Link #154
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The cartoon version of the Dinobots were made on Earth from what I remember. They were a bit dumb because they didn't have the processors of a Cybertronian...at first. They got upgraded brains that made them at least fuctional, if not entirely loyal, Autobots. Over time, Grimlock and the others would become excellent, if dim, soldiers for Optimus Prime and later Rodimus Prime.

The comics have them entirely different.
Yup, that's the Gen1 Dinobots. They had a few different origins. The only consistency they had was that they were ridiculously strong and aggressive, which meant they didn't like to follow orders. But while they were often a wildcard, they nearly always sided with the Autobots and never with the Decepticons.

In terms of power, they're easily one of the strongest units in the Autobot ranks, and they rival nearly every Decepticon unit with a few exceptions (Devastator was one example, he handed their asses to them).

Bayformers being what they are, the very least thing they can do is have the classic Grimlock line.
Old 2014-06-03, 12:58   Link #155
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Bayformers being what they are, the very least thing they can do is have the classic Grimlock line.
I wonder about that, good chance Bay messes it up like he did with Prime's nod back to the old film.
Instead of focusing on Prime when he says "one will stand and one will fall" it's on Sam crawling through a ditch.....
I mean really....

Still should be pretty decent seeing the Dinobots smash it up, hope it's not short lived.
Old 2014-06-04, 14:42   Link #156
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
A few ads...
Spoiler:
Hearing Prime say "Autobots Roll Out" while on top of Grimlock actually gave me goosebumps, in a good way .
Old 2014-06-06, 10:12   Link #157
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

A few more ads...

Spoiler:

Old 2014-06-09, 11:53   Link #158
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

My BRAIN coldly tells me "Michael Bay is a fucking idiot."
The Happy Little Boy in My Heart is SHOUTING "Optimus Prime is riding a Fire-Breathing Tyrannosaurus Rex! COOL!"

FUCK.
WHICH voice should I listen to?
Old 2014-06-11, 00:37   Link #159
Frontier

I've always gone with the latter when seeing the movies, which has served me pretty well, even if I know it could be much, much better .
Old 2014-06-16, 20:33   Link #160
ImperialKnight

Preview of lockdown.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote