AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-01, 01:36   Link #81
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
But you shouldn't bash someone who are doing subbing for free.
Read the damn thread... especially the post directly above yours.
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline  
Old 2003-12-01, 02:05   Link #82
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I read the posts above already.

From what i remember groups used to say "we sub to let all the anime-lovers to enjoy the show", I don't remember pride had anything to do with it.
Yes I know each group has its pride but objectively speaking its up to the watchers to decide if they like a group or not. Not you, me or anyone else. If they like the crappy subs fine let them be but don't say things like "I don't like because they put out crappy esp faster than anyone else and this bruise my pride"or they have bad attitude.(no flame intended)
Thelastguardian is offline  
Old 2003-12-01, 02:13   Link #83
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
I think whats left of AJ should regroup and change their name because AJ name is ruined, they have a bad repuatation and anything they sub even if its good as the other fansubbing groups is going to be dismissed by ppl who have heard of their rep. Now that AJ is apperantly back from the grave I wonder if ppl will still dl their releases.
__________________
Keitaro is offline  
Old 2003-12-01, 02:21   Link #84
Tomomi
chrno fangal
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I think whats left of AJ should regroup and change their name because AJ name is ruined, they have a bad repuatation and anything they sub even if its good as the other fansubbing groups is going to be dismissed by ppl who have heard of their rep. Now that AJ is apperantly back from the grave I wonder if ppl will still dl their releases.
Yeah, man... After reading the info in the link, I will think twice before downloading their subs even though I used to be 'download whatever that has the most seeds' anime otaku.

I feel that a fansubber should have pride in what a fansubber is doing. Do it for fans and do what's right.
__________________

We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal...
Tomomi is offline  
Old 2003-12-01, 08:05   Link #85
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
First of all, every group from the very beginning knew how to exploit the users and get a giant following of fools. It's not rocket science. But what kept anyone from doing it was the pride they had in their own releases, making things they'd feel proud to show to friends that don't know the language, then letting the leechers have them as a little secondary bonus. The fact that AJ defecated on that unwritten rule-book will haunt them for as long as they're still active, and people will be saying "Oh, he pulled an AJ, let's put his testicles in his eye sockets~" for years to come.
snoopy is offline  
Old 2003-12-01, 12:01   Link #86
GipFace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Well ...

I still watched AJ sub series from time to time, and I am sorry to say that to a certain extent I find the old AJ's subbing are far superior to the new ones.

Most of the members that were with AJ in 2002 got fed up with Killshok and left to form XenonFansubs. They're a good group churning out things like PPY (although very slowly), so check their stuff out if you liked their old 2002 work.
GipFace is offline  
Old 2003-12-05, 04:56   Link #87
stsaturn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Age: 31
Quote:
NoSanninWa
Immoderate Moderator



Joined: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
It is looking possible that AJ has expired when we stopped looking at them. It would be a shame, after all, without AJ who would we have to kick and heap abuse upon?

__________________
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -- TS Elliot
"All your anime are belong to us." -- Cats, after seeing Princess Tutu
Report Post | IP: Logged
P.O.S. Mods like this are the reason I never come back to the forums anymore.
stsaturn is offline  
Old 2003-12-05, 10:42   Link #88
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
You shall be sorely missed. NOT
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline  
Old 2003-12-05, 11:19   Link #89
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
You shall be sorely missed. NOT

While I have no love for AJ,the mods here do seem to be pretty biased when it comes to some things. Not that that is a bad thing since this is not a news site.
DekaMaster is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 03:39   Link #90
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
I don't see the mods here saying anything that an informed fan wouldn't say. If they bash something, you can be pretty sure that those people/groups deserve to be bashed. I mean come on, it's not like animesuki is going around spreading lies or anything. In fact, I'm not even seeing any serious exageration of the truth going on.
snoopy is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 09:11   Link #91
stsaturn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Age: 31
Start Quote:

snoopy

I don't see the mods here saying anything that an informed fan wouldn't say. If they bash something, you can be pretty sure that those people/groups deserve to be bashed. I mean come on, it's not like animesuki is going around spreading lies or anything. In fact, I'm not even seeing any serious exageration of the truth going on.

End Quote


1. (I don't see the mods here saying anything that an informed fan wouldn't say. )

I would consider myself generally well informed. I have been was very well informed of AJ's activities from March 18, 2003 untill about mid to late July. I understand why people dislike them but why is everyone so anal? People are sitting around on their computers downloading FREE anime from groups like AJ and then they are bashing groups like AJ.

2. (If they (they refering to AS I think) bash something, you can be pretty sure that those people/groups deserve to be bashed.)

Oh! What was I thinking. Yea your right Anime Suki should be able to bash AJ all they want I mean after all AJ is providing free fansubbed anime to Anime Suki for its patrons.

For Anime Suki's sake I hope snoopy is not a spoksperson


On a final note
People are trying to shut down programs like Bit Torrent and other file swapping applications where fansubbers post their work. Maybe we should stop bitching about the worst couple groups and show more support towards the groups we like. Snoopy might be too new to remember but a while ago a bunch of hating retards pissed off AJ (through posts on AS and IRC chat) so AJ threatened to not release an episode of Gundam Seed untill they got a retarded (like 50,000) number of people in their room. True AJ was stupid for the whole stunt but WTF is up with hating people that are working for free and giving you the option to download it for free. Its kinda like hating Jesus Christ because your a Buhdist (forgive my spelling) if it doesent concern you then leave it at that.
stsaturn is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 12:38   Link #92
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn
Start Quote:
Oh! What was I thinking. Yea your right Anime Suki should be able to bash AJ all they want
You're absolutely right, glad you agree with someone who makes sense. After all, it's not like AnimeSuki is charging you anything to use their forums or their BT lists, so I'm not sure what right you would have criticizing their opinions. Unless, of course, you don't care about being seen as a hypocrite, in which case I completely understand.

Remember: just because something is free (AJ fansubs) doesn't mean we should want, or accept, them. At work, I'm supposed to sell people 3 free months of AOL with whatever they buy. You'd be surprised how many people tell me that they hate AOL with a passion, and that I couldn't pay them enough to take it. But it's free! Why in the world wouldn't they want it?!

Hmm. Maybe because people have opinions, and like to express them. Just a guess, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn
WTF is up with hating people that are working for free and giving you the option to download it for free. Its kinda like hating Jesus Christ because your a Buhdist (forgive my spelling) if it doesent concern you then leave it at that.
Or maybe it's kinda like hating Jesus-followers because you believe in Allah. You'd think that one would have nothing to do with the other, but that doesn't stop some people from taking action anyway.
LordBrian is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 12:56   Link #93
getfresh
done
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yokosuka, JP
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
At work, I'm supposed to sell people 3 free months of AOL with whatever they buy. You'd be surprised how many people tell me that they hate AOL with a passion, and that I couldn't pay them enough to take it. But it's free! Why in the world wouldn't they want it?!
o.O

What are you a telemarketer, or customer service? If your a telemarketer then your evil =p. But on the AJ subject, I agree with LordBrian and snoopy. If what's said is the truth it's not bashing or flaming IMO. All they are doing is showing their dislike and showing reasons behind their loathing of AJ. It's well known among fansubs and scanlators how much AJ sucks, and how they break every moral of fansubbing. If you want to see the difference just read what you thought was bashing again, and then go read the page that the link below directs you to.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=killshok&f=1

Now thats bashing =)
getfresh is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 17:09   Link #94
vio5555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I have to disagree with most of the things that ashibaka and tofusensei are saying here because from tofu's posts all he's shown is that he hated the facts that large amounts of people dled their fansubs. I hate to break it to you but the fact that "the dumb leechers like AJ" is a pretty weak reason for disliking them, look at the group that currently has the largest channel on mircx and you'll see quite a few licensed shows. Although they were very disrespectful to UV, its just as disrespectful for "what you'd consider to be good" groups to blatantly release licensed shows like Last Exile, Read or Die, Gungrave etc.

Infinitely worse is that you two take this "holier than thou" philosophy towards leechers and its annoying because there are people who dont understand japanese and cant tell the real differences between different versions, in fact, there might be literal differences between some fansubs but the meaning is still obtainable. I watched their gundam seed releases starting from the first ep and I managed to completely follow the series. Hence, these "dumb leechers" don't care as long as they get a fansub they can watch, so I dont see why you think the leechers are missing the director's point.

Plus, a lot of the time, leechers are people who have lives beyond anime. As long as the story makes sense, then I really dont care for the aesthetics that you might spend your pointless lives searching for like otakus. Enjoy the fansubs and if you dont like AJ just ignore them, but dont tell other people including leechers that they're stupid for watching other group's releases. In fact, thats all it comes down to, the fact that other fansubbers would prefer to have all of the leechers downloading their stuff so that it says 20000 completed dls in the bt stats.

Thats the same reason that self proclaimed otakus with refined anime tastes dislike Naruto because like you they would prefer for others to see things their way and watch shows they think are better.

But in the end it doesnt matter whose fansub you watch, you still get the same show, so here's props to AJ and Naruto for giving leechers what they want.
vio5555 is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 17:46   Link #95
getfresh
done
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yokosuka, JP
Age: 33
geez...

Why must someone always cry that fansubbers are tring to act "holier than thou" whenever we voice our opinions, but when you voice yours I guess it's not the same huh? If you wanna hang off of AJ's nuts all day then be my guest. And I personally could care less how many more DLs someone has then me, because it's not a competition. I just personally think killshoks a <colourful language removed> and after his comment that cause a fansubber subbed something they own it and thus can do whatever they want.

I bet you wanna say that I'm acting "holier than thou" too, huh? You sound like a broken record, singing the same old song that everyone else does when they get mad. I guess you all here haven't notice that not many fansubbers come here to post anymore. It's cause we can't say a damn thing without someone saying that we are tring to act better then everyone. So cry someone else a river will ya. You need find something else to acuse us of, cause this ones getting old quick. And if you compare what we, fansubbers A.K.A NORMAL <colourful language removed> FANS, write to your own little speeches, you'll that you communicate to us in the same manor we communicate to you. No ones trying to be above your paranoid ass. So heres your chance to say something more than the same tired old BS I hear from all you poor abused leechers whining about here.

Edit by Mod (NightWish): Please watch your language...

Last edited by NightWish; 2003-12-06 at 20:24.
getfresh is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 18:00   Link #96
vio5555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh
geez...

Why must someone always cry that fansubbers are tring to act "holier than thou" whenever we voice our opinions, but when you voice yours I guess it's not the same huh? If you wanna hang off of AJ's nuts all day then be my guest. And I personally could care less how many more DLs someone has then me, because it's not a competition. I just personally think killshoks a <snip>
I just wanted to know why every time he mentions the word leecher, he puts dumb in front of it, and apparently from some of his posts one would get the idea that he DOES care about the number of people who dl his releases, so why dont you read what he posted before giving me your dumb rant. Please, speak for yourself when you say you dont care about the number of people who visit your channel or dl your releases because obviously there are fansubbers who care.

Last edited by vio5555; 2003-12-07 at 01:20. Reason: Just to remove the edited quote...
vio5555 is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 19:32   Link #97
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Maybe they say dumb leecher because they don't want to say ALL leechers. Because that person knows that all leechers aren't dumb so he says dumb leecher. So, if you get offended when he says dumb leecher...then I guess you've identified yourself as a dumb leecher.
Enragin_Angel is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 19:36   Link #98
Dorfl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
So if you get offended when you hear someone called a "nigger" then necessarily you've identified yourself as a "nigger?" Maybe it's a harsh example, but the fact that a derogatory term does not apply specifically to you does not make it any less impolite.
__________________

Last edited by Dorfl; 2003-12-07 at 01:17.
Dorfl is offline  
Old 2003-12-06, 23:56   Link #99
stsaturn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Age: 31
[Quote]
Posted by LordBrian - Today at 11:38
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by stsaturn
Start Quote:
Oh! What was I thinking. Yea your right Anime Suki should be able to bash AJ all they want
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You're absolutely right, glad you agree with someone who makes sense. After all, it's not like AnimeSuki is charging you anything to use their forums or their BT lists, so I'm not sure what right you would have criticizing their opinions. Unless, of course, you don't care about being seen as a hypocrite, in which case I completely understand.

Remember: just because something is free (AJ fansubs) doesn't mean we should want, or accept, them. At work, I'm supposed to sell people 3 free months of AOL with whatever they buy. You'd be surprised how many people tell me that they hate AOL with a passion, and that I couldn't pay them enough to take it. But it's free! Why in the world wouldn't they want it?!

Hmm. Maybe because people have opinions, and like to express them. Just a guess, though.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by stsaturn
WTF is up with hating people that are working for free and giving you the option to download it for free. Its kinda like hating Jesus Christ because your a Buhdist (forgive my spelling) if it doesent concern you then leave it at that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Or maybe it's kinda like hating Jesus-followers because you believe in Allah. You'd think that one would have nothing to do with the other, but that doesn't stop some people from taking action anyway.
[/ Quote]


14 posts including this one since burning board was taken out and Zero downloaded torrents from animesuki. yea I am a uber hypocrite. Not to mention I have donated to AS.


LordBrian
(Remember: just because something is free (AJ fansubs) doesn't mean we should want, or accept, them. At work, I'm supposed to sell people 3 free months of AOL with whatever they buy. You'd be surprised how many people tell me that they hate AOL with a passion, and that I couldn't pay them enough to take it. But it's free! Why in the world wouldn't they want it?!)

Maybe you should have Quoted my entire post. This doesent argue any point against me. I think you just hate your job and want to cry about it.


LordBrian
(Or maybe it's kinda like hating Jesus-followers because you believe in Allah. You'd think that one would have nothing to do with the other, but that doesn't stop some people from taking action anyway.)

But is it right? Are you saying you approve actios such as these?
stsaturn is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 01:22   Link #100
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
It annoys me when people can't figure out how to use quote tags. [ quote=name ] asdgasdgsad [ /quote ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by name
adgasdggs
JAppi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.