AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-07, 02:08   Link #101
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 33
Awesome, awesome post. I really must congratulate you, stsaturn, on trying to make me look like an idiot by making bizarre implications and ignoring all the vital parts of my post. Excellent debating strategy, I must say. Now, allow me to "defend" myself against your scathing wit, while utilizing the quote feature intelligently.



Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn
14 posts including this one since burning board was taken out and Zero downloaded torrents from animesuki. yea I am a uber hypocrite. Not to mention I have donated to AS. (Ö)Maybe you should have Quoted my entire post. This doesent argue any point against me. I think you just hate your job and want to cry about it.




Your postcount is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, as is any amount of money you donated. Furthermore, the unquoted part of your post is also irrelevant, which is why I left it unquoted. As you still donít seem to understand what I was saying, let me elaborate. Complaining about AJ isnít a problem. Complaining about complainers is dumb, but itís not the problem here either. Youíre welcome to complain about whatever you want, after all. The problem is that you have the gall to tell people what they should and should not complain about, while at the same time complaining yourself. This is where I got the hypocrisy from, because thatís what it is (along with being both arrogant and snotty). I am well aware that people will see this very post as being hypocritical, as complaining about complainers, but that just means the whole point is going over their heads. The point I'm trying to make is that complaining really is all right; telling people what to say and think is not.



To continue, you made a good attempt at defaming my character by portraying me as a whiny little egotist, but if youíll go back and read my post, youíll find that there is no evidence to back up that claim whatsoever. To clarify an earlier question, I am a salesman at CompUSA, and it is store policy to try to sell 3 free months of AOL to every customer I help. I didnít say whether or not I agreed with this policy; I made a statement of fact. The relevant part of the statement was that people complain to me about how much they hate AOL, how much it has screwed them in the past, and how theyíll never use it again. Theyíre allowed to complain about it, I have no problem with that.



To explain the analogy, since it apparently went over your head the first time: I donít have a problem with people complaining about AOL, and I donít have a problem with people complaining about AJ. I understand that people will complain, and take it as a matter of course. I wouldnít dream of telling them that just because they can get AOL/AJ subs for free, they have no right to complain about it. Thatís just plain dumb.



You use the same sort of fallacious logic in your final, somewhat off-topic point, which I shall now take the time to debunk.



Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
Or maybe it's kinda like hating Jesus-followers because you believe in Allah. You'd think that one would have nothing to do with the other, but that doesn't stop some people from taking action anyway.
But is it right? Are you saying you approve actios such as these?




Exactly where do you find the basis to ask me such a ludicrous question? Please oh please point to the part of my original quote that leads you to believe that Iím making a judgment call either way. Hint: it doesnít exist. My opinions on the matter are absolutely meaningless to the struggles going on between the two groups. Whether Iím for or against the actions, the actions will still continue. The only point of your asking the question is, once again, character defamation. By trying to cast me as a hate sympathizer, you are trying to make your argument seem more intelligent because itís not coming from a warmonger. Excellent tactic, by the way. Itís used in politics all the time, so Iím glad to see that youíre paying attention to the outside world.



To answer your questions so it wouldnít appear that Iím avoiding the issue, no, it isnít right, and no, I donít approve of such actions. But again, it doesnít matter what I think on this issue, and to attempt to get back on subject, it doesnít matter if I think itís retarded to complain about complainers. Itís going to happen anyway. This may lead you to believe that I made a long and ultimately pointless post for very little reason, but if I can get people to see that being a self-deluded hypocrite makes you look retarded, and therefore fewer retarded posts get made, Iíll consider this a victory.

Edit: Typo!

Last edited by LordBrian; 2003-12-07 at 02:46.
LordBrian is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 02:39   Link #102
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: あんたの頭の中
I think it's fine to complain about something.

I also think it's ok to complain about people complaining.

Hey, I'm even ok with someone complaining about people compaining about someone's complaining.

But what I absolutely can not stand is someone complaining about someone else's complaining about people compaining about someone's complaining.! Thats... just... so WRONG!!!

Oh wait...

maybe that's what I'm doing...

er, nevermind.
PocariSweat is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 04:39   Link #103
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocariSweat
I think it's fine to complain about something.

I also think it's ok to complain about people complaining.

Hey, I'm even ok with someone complaining about people compaining about someone's complaining.

But what I absolutely can not stand is someone complaining about someone else's complaining about people compaining about someone's complaining.! Thats... just... so WRONG!!!

Oh wait...

maybe that's what I'm doing...

er, nevermind.
you got me confuse starting at your third line XD

anyway I also think its fine to complain about something, even though its free(linux, irc, websites, doctrines, ideas etc.). What irritate me is the fact that people complain about a collection of people's hard(even though you may not agree with this word being use here) work. For gods sake no matter how bad the quality is, you still have to spend time to translate and encode.

And yes i forgive you for thinking that I am complaining about someone else's complaining about people compaining about someone's complaining.
Thelastguardian is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:09   Link #104
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
What irritate me is the fact that people complain about a collection of people's hard(even though you may not agree with this word being use here) work. For gods sake no matter how bad the quality is, you still have to spend time to translate and encode.

I dont think people would be complaining if some group released shit and went "yea, its crap, and we admit it". However, if someone goes "OMG, We r best" and releases free crap, of course people should be complaining because it is CRAP. It's like all that free software which claims to do stuff, and then sucks at doing it, you bitch at it for hours.

Free aol for 45 days, it may be free internet for 1.5 months, but its shitty free internet!

This "it is free, it takes work" arguement that people take to defend subbers is completely bogus. If you do a shitty job, you have no defense because it can be done better if you dont try and get it out the same [input any length of time]. If you don't bitch, they wont ever improve.
bayoab is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:23   Link #105
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 36
ff topic:

Before Animesuki crashed and had to be reset I would look through old post sometimes and noticed many threads asking about Anime Junkies and everytime a MOD would close the thread imediatly saying the reason is that ANY thread talking about Anime Junkies will degenerate quickly into a flame war. I guess they know their business.

Maybe this thread should be closed to since the arguments are only going in circles and I think we can agree here that nobody is gonna change anyone elses mind. Everyone should be allowed there opinion (I think we all agree) and everyones opinion seems to have been stated at least twice or more.
__________________

OFFICIAL GAYEST SIGNATURE ON ANIMESUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear
ps. hey FinFangFoom, can you change that pic of yours in the sig because when ever I read threads that have your message post in it would make people around me think I am watching gay porn, make it smaller or something
FinFangFoom is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:41   Link #106
vio5555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
I dont think people would be complaining if some group released shit and went "yea, its crap, and we admit it". However, if someone goes "OMG, We r best" and releases free crap, of course people should be complaining because it is CRAP. It's like all that free software which claims to do stuff, and then sucks at doing it, you bitch at it for hours.

Free aol for 45 days, it may be free internet for 1.5 months, but its shitty free internet!

This "it is free, it takes work" arguement that people take to defend subbers is completely bogus. If you do a shitty job, you have no defense because it can be done better if you dont try and get it out the same [input any length of time]. If you don't bitch, they wont ever improve.
Or you could just not bitch and buy the dvds when they come out and really support the animators instead of storing near perfect fansubs.
vio5555 is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 05:47   Link #107
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
ff topic:

Before Animesuki crashed and had to be reset I would look through old post sometimes and noticed many threads asking about Anime Junkies and everytime a MOD would close the thread imediatly saying the reason is that ANY thread talking about Anime Junkies will degenerate quickly into a flame war. I guess they know their business.

Maybe this thread should be closed to since the arguments are only going in circles and I think we can agree here that nobody is gonna change anyone elses mind. Everyone should be allowed there opinion (I think we all agree) and everyones opinion seems to have been stated at least twice or more.
:sigh: The argument was so staying so civil also... Yeah, it's about time I closed this one because things are just degenerating too fast. I'm gonna try to stop them from getting any worse by closing the darn thread. I'd just like to end with a parting thought.

I don't download any AJ subs, and anyone who does is being a hypocrite when they bash AJ. No one has a right to talk about how much they hate AJ if they are still downloading their subs. If you download their work, then you just don't dislike them as much as you claim so please stop talking about it. As for those of you who don't download their subs, it is OK to say that you don't like them, but there is no reason to go to the wall bashing them. Simply ignoring their work is sufficent, there is no virtue in trying to make others hate them also.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.