AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 07:41   Link #501
NeutralZero

V 5 summary really is interesting...
is he going to hate himself more and more now?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 08:56   Link #502
Shadow5YA

I feel bad for Yui. I feel like she's an even bigger example of someone who is kind and right in a world that isn't kind or right described by Shizuka.

The way she described Hachiman on their way to her home was possibly the most heartfelt endearing thing in the series. In a society and in a series where everyone has their complications preventing them from saying what they truly feel (Hachiman and Yukino say what they think - there's a difference), Yui showed how deeply she loved and respected both Hachiman and Yukino without having to say it directly.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:31   Link #503
NeutralZero

Yui is really something... to be able to handle rejection twice already...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:32   Link #504
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I feel bad for Yui. I feel like she's an even bigger example of someone who is kind and right in a world that isn't kind or right described by Shizuka.

The way she described Hachiman on their way to her home was possibly the most heartfelt endearing thing in the series. In a society and in a series where everyone has their complications preventing them from saying what they truly feel (Hachiman and Yukino say what they think - there's a difference), Yui showed how deeply she loved and respected both Hachiman and Yukino without having to say it directly.
I think both Hachiman and Yukino are the ones who really couldn't say what they want.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:48   Link #505
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Yui is really something... to be able to handle rejection twice already...
Actually, the only time Yui was rejected as a potential lover is in Volume 7, and we have yet to see how she would handle it. In Volume 2 Hachiman was rejecting Yui as a friend (don't be friendly to me due to pity etc.) and that was resolved relatively easily.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:09   Link #506
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Actually, the only time Yui was rejected as a potential lover is in Volume 7, and we have yet to see how she would handle it. In Volume 2 Hachiman was rejecting Yui as a friend (don't be friendly to me due to pity etc.) and that was resolved relatively easily.
He only indirectly rejected her. Even so I don't think she would give up so easily.
Old 2013-05-20, 11:33   Link #507
Shadow5YA

I don't think Yui is giving up unless her previous misunderstanding in vol 3 becomes reality and Hachiman does enter a relationship with someone else.

Otherwise Yui knows full well how anti-social Hachiman is, so she probably never expected to be in a relationship with him to begin with. Having feelings does not necessitate a romantic relationship.

In fact, that may very well be just the case. Hachiman may be pushing Yui away because he thinks she wants more, but she may have just wanted to confess to get her feelings out of her chest.
Old 2013-05-20, 11:36   Link #508
icebreaker

^ Confessing without desiring a romantic relationship..?
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:49   Link #509
kazzuya13

Quote:
I don't think that kind of confession is impossible. Cause the reason for a confession is because they want to be in a relationship even though they know it is futile somewhere in their they still cling to that possibility no matter the probability.
Old 2013-05-20, 12:04   Link #510
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Well... more like not expecting one. As counterintuitive as it sounds, I know it happens in real life.

As for other works of fiction, there's Sora no Otoshimono the manga, the light novel Seitokai no Ichizon, and the anime Ano Natsu de Matteru.

I won't go into detail here since it would be off-topic and spoilers.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-05-20 at 12:20. Reason: reducing spoilers
Old 2013-05-20, 12:25   Link #511
m4rc0s

Quote:
for some people know that the person you love knows about your love is enough..
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:06   Link #512
nacer666

‏‎Maybe it'll be like Honoka from Rettousei:I will keep loving you until i fall for someone else.‎
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 16:48   Link #513
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
I don't think Yui is giving up unless her previous misunderstanding in vol 3 becomes reality and Hachiman does enter a relationship with someone else.
Yukinon is very self conscious of Yui's existence as a friend, she is very important to her. Yukinon probably wouldn't doubt to put Yui first rather than her own feelings, thus naturally even if she happens to fall madly in love with 8man, she would take those feelings to the grave rather than playing out on them (even if 8man starts pursuing her 24/7, which naturally has no way of happening).

Quote:
Otherwise Yui knows full well how anti-social Hachiman is, so she probably never expected to be in a relationship with him to begin with. Having feelings does not necessitate a romantic relationship.
Yui is more of the type that acts on the feelings alone, I doubt that she has rationalized far enough to think on what type of love or relationship 8man wants (otherwise, she would probably already have left him alone "as he planned"). In fact considering how high Yui values 8man, she might -deep down- believe that eventually he'll become "a normal", or maybe even "outstanding" in their "classroom society", if he really puts his mind into it.

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-05-20 at 17:51.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 21:10   Link #514
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Yukinon is very self conscious of Yui's existence as a friend, she is very important to her. Yukinon probably wouldn't doubt to put Yui first rather than her own feelings, thus naturally even if she happens to fall madly in love with 8man, she would take those feelings to the grave rather than playing out on them (even if 8man starts pursuing her 24/7, which naturally has no way of happening).
I agree. I just meant that the only way Yui will give up is if something impossibly extreme happens, like Hachiman being taken (or him coming out the closet and proclaiming his love for Saika )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Yui is more of the type that acts on the feelings alone, I doubt that she has rationalized far enough to think on what type of love or relationship 8man wants (otherwise, she would probably already have left him alone "as he planned"). In fact considering how high Yui values 8man, she might deep down believe that eventually he'll become "a normal", or maybe even "outstanding" in their "classroom society", if he really puts his mind into it.
I think the camping trip showed that Yui is conscious enough about how fragile the status quo is in their "classroom society", so she knows that there is right TPO for her confession and entering a romantic relationship.

Also if her feelings are really that strong, she wouldn't give up from being discouraged just once. Yui may not be confident enough to "win" against another hypothetical love interest, but she has enough faith in Hachiman's "kindness" that he won't push her away for good without a good reason.

You have to realize that the novel is still presented from Hachiman's perspective. While he is perceptive, he isn't entirely unbiased as he does assume the worst out of interpersonal relationships. Hachiman may think it's over between him and Yui after what he did at the end of vol 7 (kind of like he did at the end of vol 2), but we don't know if Yui believes the same.
Old 2013-05-20, 23:17   Link #515
kazzuya13

Quote:
I agree. I just meant that the only way Yui will give up is if something impossibly extreme happens, like Hachiman being taken (or him coming out the closet and proclaiming his love for Saika )

I think the camping trip showed that Yui is conscious enough about how fragile the status quo is in their "classroom society", so she knows that there is right TPO for her confession and entering a romantic relationship.

Also if her feelings are really that strong, she wouldn't give up from being discouraged just once. Yui may not be confident enough to "win" against another hypothetical love interest, but she has enough faith in Hachiman's "kindness" that he won't push her away for good without a good reason.

You have to realize that the novel is still presented from Hachiman's perspective. While he is perceptive, he isn't entirely unbiased as he does assume the worst out of interpersonal relationships. Hachiman may think it's over between him and Yui after what he did at the end of vol 7 (kind of like he did at the end of vol 2), but we don't know if Yui believes the same.
I think Yui is the most perceptive in reading the situation and that is also the reason she knows Hachiman is the kindest person. And no matter what happens he knows he will help her.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:03   Link #516
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Wow.
I read the summary of volume 5. I must apologize....Now i can see Haruno's real face and it is not so good as I had anticipated.

Also I reformulate my opinion about Hachiman. He is a complete @$$. I mean it. He interrupted both girls when the were about to say their things. Okay I commend him for reading the mood and knowing when to intervene, and I understand his reasons too.
But the date with Yui was very nice.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:22   Link #517
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

He even hate himself for thinking like that w.

Anyway, just like what I thought before, vol 5 is really my favorite volume for this series. I find it sweet that after knowing even Yukinon lies, she then said that 'she never lies' in vol 6 to Hachiman about being a friend to him.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 07:33   Link #518
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
There were 2 little segments that seemed nice to me and they left with me some questions.

First: At the moment when they asked why Kawasaki went to Sobu High she remained silent and got all embarrassed. (my guess is that the reason she got embarrassed was in her vicinity.) Maybe she knows Hikki from middle school period or even further back.

Second: The moment she watched over Yui as she entered the apartment at the end of their date. This is like he cares about her.

Last edited by csuree; 2013-05-21 at 07:53.
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 09:04   Link #519
Shadow5YA

Haruno totally showed Hachiman that car in volume 5 on purpose.

I also bet Yukino was going to come clean and tell the truth at the end (because Haruno already spilled the beans), but Hachiman cut her off because he didn't want to hear it.
Old 2013-05-21, 09:47   Link #520
kazzuya13

Quote:
Haruno totally showed Hachiman that car in volume 5 on purpose.

I also bet Yukino was going to come clean and tell the truth at the end (because Haruno already spilled the beans), but Hachiman cut her off because he didn't want to hear it.
Hachiman already understand the situation as to why Yukino couldn't say it. Firstly she wants to be prepared. However the longer you wait the harder it is say.

Tags
club, comedy, dramedy, gagaga bunko, harem, kuuderes, philosophy, school life, slice of life