AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-18, 08:01   Link #901
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Well, hi.
My questions did not get answered, so I'm hoping that this time someone will see them.

I posted:

I would like to ask a few questions.
You can post the responses in spoiler tags or not, however you wish.

1. Are through the whole story (beginning - current) any love signs shown between Yui, Yukino and Hachiman? Does anyone start loving anyone?
2. If the above is yes, are there any confessions?
3. I read that Yukino remembered Hachiman from an accident but lied and said that it is the first time she sees him. Hachiman, learning that, stays away from Yukino. If that truly happened, in what Volume and possibly even Chapter did it happen? Did they clear it up?

That's all.
Thank-you very much in front!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 08:44   Link #902
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
1)Yui likes Hikki, he find her atractive and thats pretty much all.Hikki and Yukino getting close but their if their relationship is romantic or not is pretty much ambigious.

2)There is some confession

3)Volume 5 and 6. You can read summaries on page 15 here and watch anime, which is very good adaptation though a bit rushed.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 08:54   Link #903
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Go to page 15 there is a post with the summaries for all volumes up to this day....
It would be long to answer your questions now...so this is the easiest way. You can read all the summaries pretty fast and you will be enlightened.

Shadow5YA You have a valid point. Until volume 6 and 7 the two of them were like 2 strangers never going past that "professional line". but even so they began to grow.

Another thing that jumped in my mind about this. We might feel that Yui has a headstart in romance but I realized the author is creeping up with all the other girls too. Meaning all the other girls and ladies(Shizuka) gradually make up that difference. Yui has her moments but right after that, we have a Yukino moment, a Kawasaki, a sensei moment.....

Ultimately you cannot say that she or she will win. but they are all getting closer to Hikki which will eventually has to make him change. So many girls being friendly with him...

What would be outrageous? if in the end Totsuka would be a girl. that would be something.
He was never naked in the series. You don't have definite proof that he is male. He said he was a boy but we don't have any other(Everybody lies, even Saika.....). I would laugh my a$$ off, if that would become real.
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 09:14   Link #904
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
And in last chapter "he" even showed personality! Just try imagine how game breaking it could be: Saika=girl+personality

So you are wrong, that's impossible
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 09:17   Link #905
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Saika never really gets deeply involved into the Service Club and how Hachiman works, so I doubt his role can be taken seriously.

It would be the perfect joke ending though. The reason why Hachiman never had a successful relationship with girls before is because he was gay for Saika all along and didn't know it
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 09:30   Link #906
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Ebina would be a bloody mess if that possibility were to happen....
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 09:40   Link #907
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Actually, I think that Saki is the one with the biggest distance right now, considering that she usually just blushes and look away whenever she sees Hikki.
As for Saika being a girl, I though about it, but I think it's too much of a shock to be uses late in the series.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:01   Link #908
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Well, hi.
My questions did not get answered, so I'm hoping that this time someone will see them.

I posted:

I would like to ask a few questions.
You can post the responses in spoiler tags or not, however you wish.

1. Are through the whole story (beginning - current) any love signs shown between Yui, Yukino and Hachiman? Does anyone start loving anyone?
2. If the above is yes, are there any confessions?
3. I read that Yukino remembered Hachiman from an accident but lied and said that it is the first time she sees him. Hachiman, learning that, stays away from Yukino. If that truly happened, in what Volume and possibly even Chapter did it happen? Did they clear it up?

That's all.
Thank-you very much in front!
Yukino didn't lie because she said that it was their first "meeting". However it doesn't mean that she doesn't know him. It was like she didn't lie but didn't tell the whole truth.
__________________
My Heart is Pocky
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:01   Link #909
TheAlucid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What? No, that contradicts Hachiman's beliefs. According to him, if you "compromise" you really lie to yourself to make yourself feel better for conceding to the other side.

Hachiman never met at the middle for anyone. All his solutions were his idea and carried out with no changes.
I meant compromise in the sense that Hachiman is quite willing to have himself pilloried for the sake of others. Yukino would never put on an act to manipulate the reactions of those around her for the desired outcome.

Hachiman does this for Yukino, Satomi, later Tobe/Ebina/himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I would say the bickering back then was just lip service. They say what they want and the other side does the same. It was more akin to venting than an actual conversation, even if venting is still something better than what they had when they were alone. They were forced to be together by Shizuka, so they went with the flow.

Volume 5 revealed that despite all the times they talked, Hachiman still knew nothing about Yukino's circumstances outside of school, and back then he didn't want to know. Then after summer break was over and the two did have something serious to be upset over (Yukino lying about the accident), they didn't talk at all.

When it came down to it, they weren't friends.

Only when the school festival hit and Yukino took a day off did Hachiman decide to talk to her for real and want to know more about Yukino's side of the story for the accident.

I would say for volume 7, this is the first time Yukino has actually grown angry towards Hachiman. If anything, this is would be their first real fight.
Except Hachiman was more upset with his own preconceptions concerning Yukino more than anything, and he never bothered with getting Yukino's side of the story regarding the accident; nor did he receive it.

You also don't need to know about a person's private life to be friends with them.

As a brief aside, this is my own personal opinion but I think part of the point of the scene shown in episode 11 of the anime series where Yukino and Hachiman discuss the nature of excuses has a minor subtext in Yukino lying about the accident.

Mainly, Hachiman says that excuses are pointless, Yukino looks introspective after Hachiman says this and verbally internalizes the statement by agreeing with him. But says that a person should be given a second chance if they can express it through their actions if not their words.

That might be a fair bit of wild theorizing though, it could be they were just having a conversation and nothing more.

Last edited by TheAlucid; 2013-06-18 at 10:23.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:37   Link #910
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I meant compromise in the sense that Hachiman is quite willing to have himself pilloried for the sake of others. Yukino would never put on an act to manipulate the reactions of those around her for the desired outcome.

Hachiman does this for Yukino, Satomi, later Tobe/Ebina/himself.
That's not a compromise. That's self-sacrifice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Except Hachiman was more upset with his own preconceptions concerning Yukino more than anything, and he never bothered with getting Yukino's side of the story regarding the accident; nor did he receive it.
When Hachiman talked with Yui shortly after their class' BL play, he asked if Yukino told her anything, to which Yui responded "Nothing you wanted to know".

They were quite clearly talking about the accident. Hachiman is curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
You also don't need to know about a person's private life to be friends with them.
Of course not. People can have casual friends. That's what most relationships in high school are. In fact, that's what Hayato/Yumiko's clique is. Yui is also friends with Yukino despite her never opening up.

Perhaps what I should have said is that Hachiman and Yukino are not close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
As a brief aside, this is my own personal opinion but I think part of the point of the scene shown in episode 11 of the anime series where Yukino and Hachiman discuss the nature of excuses has a minor subtext in Yukino lying about the accident.

Mainly, Hachiman says that excuses are pointless, Yukino looks introspective after Hachiman says this and verbally internalizes the statement by agreeing with him. But says that a person should be given a second chance if they can express it through their actions if not their words.

That might be a fair bit of wild theorizing though, it could be they were just having a conversation and nothing more.
Oh, I agree. However, that doesn't change the fact that Hachiman's little exchange with Yui shows that he still is curious.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:05   Link #911
TheAlucid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's not a compromise. That's self-sacrifice.
Granted, I would just call self-sacrifice a form of compromising yourself. Perhaps I should have used a different word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
When Hachiman talked with Yui shortly after their class' BL play, he asked if Yukino told her anything, to which Yui responded "Nothing you wanted to know".

They were quite clearly talking about the accident. Hachiman is curious.

Of course not. People can have casual friends. That's what most relationships in high school are. In fact, that's what Hayato/Yumiko's clique is. Yui is also friends with Yukino despite her never opening up.

Perhaps what I should have said is that Hachiman and Yukino are not close.

Oh, I agree. However, that doesn't change the fact that Hachiman's little exchange with Yui shows that he still is curious.
I agree with pretty much all of the above, I would say though that I think Hachiman dislikes the part of himself that is curious about Yukino's reaction. He seems to be focused on fostering a personality that is apathetic to the perceptions of others.

That being said, maybe his curiosity is a symptom of his personality changing.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 18:03   Link #912
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
As a brief aside, this is my own personal opinion but I think part of the point of the scene shown in episode 11 of the anime series where Yukino and Hachiman discuss the nature of excuses has a minor subtext in Yukino lying about the accident.

Mainly, Hachiman says that excuses are pointless, Yukino looks introspective after Hachiman says this and verbally internalizes the statement by agreeing with him. But says that a person should be given a second chance if they can express it through their actions if not their words.

That might be a fair bit of wild theorizing though, it could be they were just having a conversation and nothing more.
Nah, Watari likes to play a lot with issues like this (parallels between characters / situations, opposite between characters / situations & also back tracking & foreshadowing), remember the end of LN 2, where Yui & Hikki weren't on "normal speaking terms", and Yukinon tells them something that can be summed up as "they are both victims of a situation"; and thus they shouldn't feel that there are "faults" to point out between them, she further added that "the fault" belongs to those who are 'guilty' of causing the situation and thus they are the ones 'in the wrong'; to my eyes she sounded a little bit off there, and almost "down", and that lines take a pretty strong tone if you are aware of what is discovered in LN 5 & 6.

The thing about the accident is that both Hikki & Yukinon made their own personal choices of looking forward and let that past behind, however when the topic was touched again neither of them handle it well, meaning that they couldn't put that past behind as they intended to (which naturally exploded right in their faces).
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 18:23   Link #913
sinencos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Simple questions...

Why do people refer hachiman as 8man?

Is the main trio's relationship still pretty strain, cause I can't tell from the translation (I can't tell) I would prefer if someone elaborate a bit on why is it still like this.

Sorry, manga is moving way too slow for me, no updates
sinencos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 18:37   Link #914
christhenoob
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinencos View Post
Simple questions...

Why do people refer hachiman as 8man?

Is the main trio's relationship still pretty strain, cause I can't tell from the translation (I can't tell) I would prefer if someone elaborate a bit on why is it still like this.

Sorry, manga is moving way too slow for me, no updates
I think it's because 8 in Japanese is hachi. So hachi - man or 8man for short.
christhenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:11   Link #915
Quol
That Guy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Road of Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinencos View Post
Simple questions...

Why do people refer hachiman as 8man?

Is the main trio's relationship still pretty strain, cause I can't tell from the translation (I can't tell) I would prefer if someone elaborate a bit on why is it still like this.

Sorry, manga is moving way too slow for me, no updates
Well it was getting better (Ie: yukino giving him tea or yui and yukino defending him when hayatos gang wanted him to leave) but the hero(?) act he did kinda strained it
__________________
Mondaiji-Taichi
"I'm - just as the appearance suggests - uncivilized and savage, Sakamaki Izayoi. Vulgar, Brutal, and Hedonistic, all that I need to be a hopeless person,
so please follow the Rules of Use and Dosage Guidelines, when interacting with me."

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:14   Link #916
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Personally I wouldn't count Offering tea as an important factor, in thier relationship as the host its common courtesy especially of someone of her upbringing IMO its to be expected.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:23   Link #917
Quol
That Guy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Road of Life
Well what I'm trying to say is their relationships weren't strained and they were on good terms at least untill the end of the volume. My bad if I didn't word that properly.
__________________
Mondaiji-Taichi
"I'm - just as the appearance suggests - uncivilized and savage, Sakamaki Izayoi. Vulgar, Brutal, and Hedonistic, all that I need to be a hopeless person,
so please follow the Rules of Use and Dosage Guidelines, when interacting with me."


Last edited by Quol; 2013-06-18 at 19:49.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:53   Link #918
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Personally I wouldn't count Offering tea as an important factor, in thier relationship as the host its common courtesy especially of someone of her upbringing IMO its to be expected.
Common courtesy doesn't apply to Yukino and Hachiman. Waving good-bye is as common of a gesture as it comes, but everyone saw it as great progress for Yukino.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:55   Link #919
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
So it's normal to not offer someone visiting you, tea? In terms of the wave goodbye I completely agree.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 20:07   Link #920
Quol
That Guy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Road of Life
This just might be me being ignorant, but are Japanese teachers really allowed to hit their students or is this just something added in for a +1 comedy point
__________________
Mondaiji-Taichi
"I'm - just as the appearance suggests - uncivilized and savage, Sakamaki Izayoi. Vulgar, Brutal, and Hedonistic, all that I need to be a hopeless person,
so please follow the Rules of Use and Dosage Guidelines, when interacting with me."

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
club, comedy, dramedy, gagaga bunko, harem, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.