AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-07, 12:19   Link #1001
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
I have a question here.
Have the 13 episodes of the anime adaptation cover up 6 volumes of the Light Novel?
If no, how much have they?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 13:18   Link #1002
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I have a question here.
Have the 13 episodes of the anime adaptation cover up 6 volumes of the Light Novel?
If no, how much have they?
yes they have cover up to 6 volumes but they cut alot from them
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 13:45   Link #1003
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Here's a little guidance.

On page 15 on this thread you will find links to fairly detailed summaries of all 7 volumes...

It will certainly help you a lot and it gives off a different vibe from the anime...

Also tomorrow I will elaborate an idea that came to me this evening, but now I have no time as it is a bit long and even I have to think it trough in all aspects.

good night....or day....(here is 21:45) :P
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:07   Link #1004
terribad
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UK; Manchester
No update.

^Looking forward to it csuree. I might as well start posting my observations and theories.

Introduction
In the series, a number of characters are essentially being a "Pot calling the kettle black?". I wouldn't say all examples mean they're necessarily hypocrites, but I think they have all followed the phrase. So when I say I "hypocrite" I am referencing people who criticize someone else for a quality they have as well.

Stated by Hachiman
  • Tobe talks about Yui and says she's good too but Yui's an idiot, and Hikki curses Tobe silently by saying Tobe's not any better. - Paste bin summaries: Volume 4 chapter 5

  • While waiting for the traffic lights to turn green, Saki mentions that Yukinon's attending tuition classes as well. Hikki's reaction slowed down after hearing Yukinon's name, and Saki adds that Yukinon is unapproachable like always, and Hikki stares at Saki while commenting to himself "look who's talking" and says that both male and female are scared of Saki. - Paste bin summaries: Volume 5 chapter 2

  • Though I heard something terribly wrong at the end of that… In a sense, it’s amazing that you can actually say that with such confidence. You’re weird. Disgusting, even.”
    “Shut up. I don’t want to hear that from a weird girl like you.” - Baka Tsuki: Volume 1 chapter 1

  • “Though I’m sure I heard you mention a fatal flaw towards the end…In a way, it’s amazing you can say all that so confidently. You’re a weirdo. I’m already creeped out.”
    “Shut up. I don’t want to hear that from a weird girl like you.” - NanoDesu translations: Volume 1 chapter 1-4


Speculation
Hayama may have meant there are other ways of doing things. But if so Hayama's only approaches his problems one way as well. My reference is around the middle of episode 12.

Yui may believe misunderstanding others feelings is bad. But, Yui doesn't understand Hachiman feelings either. My reference is the end of episode 5. Perhaps, a reference is the final chapter of volume 7 also.

Implying:
  • A pet peve for Hachiman. In the official cases, he was irratted whenever he pointed their hypocrisy out in his point of view. In the speculative cases, he had may have had other and stronger feelings at the time. So, he didn't show any appreciable anger because that was overwhelmed.

  • The series itself somewhat follows a rule first suggested by Hollownerox.
    "If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us." — Hermann Hesse

  • The basis for Hachiman's perspective. Many who he interacts with are "hypocrites". It's understandable why he would think most students are.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:53   Link #1005
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
episode 8: at around 15 minutes.
Hayama said:
"So that's how you think. Now I kinda get why she looks out for you."
Hachiman:
"She?"

I was thinking about who she might be?

Many would say it is Yukinon or Yui.

My theory would be: "She" is either Yui or Hiratsuka sensei.
Arguments: Hayama's clique includes Yui. It is inevitable that Yui never slips her tongue. Also Hayama did not talk to Yukino until the slander's(libel - because it was written) incident. That is why we cannot assume that Yukino is looking out for him. And Yukino is still not friendly with 8man at all so she is definitely not looking out for him.(at this point)

Hiratsuka would be another suspect because she guided Hayama to the club and she might have told him about 8man, and his mentality. also until now (vol.4) only Yui and her were looking out for 8man.

well it wasn't as long as I expected but it did crunch my brain a little. I was looking for a reason to include Yukino too but I could not find one.
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:55   Link #1006
setsuna86
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
episode 8: at around 15 minutes.
Hayama said:
"So that's how you think. Now I kinda get why she looks out for you."
Hachiman:
"She?"

I was thinking about who she might be?

Many would say it is Yukinon or Yui.

My theory would be: "She" is either Yui or Hiratsuka sensei.
Arguments: Hayama's clique includes Yui. It is inevitable that Yui never slips her tongue. Also Hayama did not talk to Yukino until the slander's(libel - because it was written) incident. That is why we cannot assume that Yukino is looking out for him. And Yukino is still not friendly with 8man at all so she is definitely not looking out for him.(at this point)

Hiratsuka would be another suspect because she guided Hayama to the club and she might have told him about 8man, and his mentality. also until now (vol.4) only Yui and her were looking out for 8man.

well it wasn't as long as I expected but it did crunch my brain a little. I was looking for a reason to include Yukino too but I could not find one.
Regarding Yui, I think the "she" is not her. But it can be Hiratsuka-sensei.
But I firmly think that the "she" is Yukino. As you, I can find a reason, but I think it's the case (Since I felt it with the anime).
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:54   Link #1007
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
episode 8: at around 15 minutes.
Hayama said:
"So that's how you think. Now I kinda get why she looks out for you."
Hachiman:
"She?"

I was thinking about who she might be?

Many would say it is Yukinon or Yui. My theory would be: "She" is either Yui or Hiratsuka sensei.
Using un-accurate subs to argue about tense meaning or what the author wanted to convey means immediate disqualification.

Hayato's line was more like :

Quote:
I get it- It's due to that way of thinking that she can't help but be aware of you
He used kinikakeru / 気にかける which doesn't necessarily has romantic connotations. There is no "taking care" stuff.


The whole "hidden point" of volume 4 was knowing more about Yukinon. Thinking that Hayato (one of the sources of Yukinon related info in the volume) is speaking about Yui there (someone who he has shown absolutely no awareness "beyond friend" up to this point) is naturally a mistake. Furthermore Hayato hasn't shown any interest in Yui's nor Shizuka's social relationship with anyone up to this point (unlike Yukinon's, which we have seen a few times by then).

If one wants to get more into it, and read that phrase romantically, then the identity of "she" it's obviously linked to who Hayato likes "Yu". Considering the timing of the reveal, the parallel between Rumi's and Yukinon's middle or grade school situation, the fact that Hayato had the chance to confess once before (aka "a long time ago") & Hayato interest into making things right for Rumi (which can be read as "personal" rather than being his usual self (This is also linked to Yukinon seeing herself in Rumi)); the "Yu" it's probably Yukinon.

That would also go wonderfully with in line with some other statements such as Hayato's "I still wouldn't get along with you" about the scenario of Hikki being in the same grade school has Hayato & Yukinon, and Ebina's statement that Hayato usually looks unsettled or in pain when he looks at Hikki or interacts with him; for the Nth time, if who Hayato likes is Yukinon, he also believes that Yukinon is being drawn towards Hikki for who he is. Of course he wouldn't want to get a long with a guy who is winning a romantic race against him.

That would also explain more clearly Yumiko's hate for Yukinon
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 18:57   Link #1008
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I don't understand why anyone would think Hayato was talking about Yui or Shizuka in the first place. He has no special connection to either of them, where as it was stated in the same volume that he was in the same class as Yukino since elementary school.

Anyway, does anyone have Ponkan8's novel illustrations for volume 6.25?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 23:47   Link #1009
Theo
Morningstar is Burning...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Some fun subtitles should make each novel more memorable:

1. A Game of (Misan)Thropes
2. A Clash of Clubs
3. A Storm of SNAFU
4. A Feast for Cliques
5. A Dance with Delinquents
6. The Winds of (Best Girl) Winning
7. A Dream of Social Life
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 01:05   Link #1010
terribad
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UK; Manchester
Update

Chapter 2-1 of Volume 1 is up on NanoDesu translations linked here.

An anon on 4chan was basically calling Hachiman pretentious recently, and Shizuka coincidentally accuses him of the same thing in this chapter. [In retrospect, others who don't like Hachiman have called him pretentious.] The author was aware of the interpretation because he wrote that. Perhaps, the detailed descriptions of Hachiman's ideology is the author suggesting to us that Hachiman believes what he says, at least somewhat.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-07-12 at 01:21.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 01:49   Link #1011
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
episode 8: at around 15 minutes.
Hayama said:
"So that's how you think. Now I kinda get why she looks out for you."
Hachiman:
"She?"

I was thinking about who she might be?

Many would say it is Yukinon or Yui.

My theory would be: "She" is either Yui or Hiratsuka sensei.
Arguments: Hayama's clique includes Yui. It is inevitable that Yui never slips her tongue. Also Hayama did not talk to Yukino until the slander's(libel - because it was written) incident. That is why we cannot assume that Yukino is looking out for him. And Yukino is still not friendly with 8man at all so she is definitely not looking out for him.(at this point)

Hiratsuka would be another suspect because she guided Hayama to the club and she might have told him about 8man, and his mentality. also until now (vol.4) only Yui and her were looking out for 8man.

well it wasn't as long as I expected but it did crunch my brain a little. I was looking for a reason to include Yukino too but I could not find one.
This one has to be Yukino. This is a contrast to Yukino ignoring Hayama despite their common past. Hayama was talking about Yukino the whole volume. And yes, it should have been "Now I kinda get why she is aware of you."
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 10:54   Link #1012
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
Chapter 2-1 of Volume 1 is up on NanoDesu translations linked here.

An anon on 4chan was basically calling Hachiman pretentious recently, and Shizuka coincidentally accuses him of the same thing in this chapter. [In retrospect, others who don't like Hachiman have called him pretentious.] The author was aware of the interpretation because he wrote that. Perhaps, the detailed descriptions of Hachiman's ideology is the author suggesting to us that Hachiman believes what he says, at least somewhat.
Ever ideology i have seen has flaws. most go with ones they think is right and dismissed all other.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 16:43   Link #1013
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Didn't we know Hikki is pretentious all along (if noone else, I did at least.)? He has plenty of other flaws to be disliked for as well. And he has all intent not give up on any of these

Despite of that he is lot of smarter and more savy than average Kounibyou so he is able shoehorn it's elements on real word in a way it perfectly work and that is his strong point.

I guess.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-13 at 02:00.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 01:13   Link #1014
terribad
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UK; Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
Ever ideology i have seen has flaws. most go with ones they think is right and dismissed all other.
I suppose nothing is perfect. But, I believe some ideas have more flaws than others. I think choosing an ideology should involve comparing the pros and cons. One's ideology may not be right, but it can be the most reasonable. [I think this is where your point comes in.] How do we determine which ideology or group of ideologies is most reasonable? It's by considering each and comparing them.

Ah, I don't think he is pretentious by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Didn't we know Hikki is pretentious all along (if noone else, I did at least.)? He has plenty of other flaws to be disliked for as well. And he has all intent not give up on any of these
For some reason, I thought everyone here thought he wasn't. [I'm reminded that I can only speak for myself. Of course, exceptions exist, but speaking of just yourself is more reliable far as I can tell.] I think he really believes what he says. The depth of his ideology suggests he really contemplates it. And in his monologues, he often spends much time in thought. This suggests he believes it, because what we do effects who we are not just the other way round. Perhaps, Hachiman through years of thinking as he does believed his ideology, and his ideas started as a pretense.

However, his ideas are often against his emotions, and I think he mentioned this. I also think that is why people think Hachiman is pretentious. Another reason is that Hachiman's monologues aren't that easy, for me at least, to accurately recall or understand from his point of view. To illustrate, some think that asking Yukino to be his friend was a contradiction to his first essay and/or ideology. Actually, I'll stop there unless I'm asked to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Point is he is lot of smarter and savy than average Kounibyou so he is able shoehorn it's elements on real word in a way it perfectly work and that is his strong point.

I guess.
I agree somewhat. One may logically argue for anything if one cleverly uses propositions. By perception, I mean statements like "if you believe this" or "let's begin from this statement".

If he can perfectly shoehorn his ideology on to the real world, he may start to believe what he says is true. Unless, what he's saying has some great contradiction that he hasn't mentioned or I haven't noticed.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 14:55   Link #1015
Heartflame
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I'm sorry guys for interrupting but how do you know that Hayato was yukinon's classmate at grade school ?
i mean where do you can find the proof or reference about that ?
Thank you for the answer
Heartflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 15:06   Link #1016
Heartflame
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
This one has to be Yukino. This is a contrast to Yukino ignoring Hayama despite their common past. Hayama was talking about Yukino the whole volume. And yes, it should have been "Now I kinda get why she is aware of you."
I'm sorry but i have a question ,
Where do you can find that hayato was yukinon's classmate at grade school ?
Thank You
Heartflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:46   Link #1017
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartflame View Post
I'm sorry guys for interrupting but how do you know that Hayato was yukinon's classmate at grade school ?
i mean where do you can find the proof or reference about that ?
Thank you for the answer
Hayato mentioned it on that child camp in volume four (episode 7 or 8(?) if I am not mistaken)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:18   Link #1018
[X].I.E.[N]
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: digital cyber worldline
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
Chapter 2 of volume 7 was released yesterday on Baka Tsuki (BT).

The light novel spoiler (anon1) has likely stopped writing summaries. Because Spyro (translator at BT) is translating volume 7 now. Also anon1 said Spyro should continue translating so he can stop writing summaries, and another anon said that anon1 stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why not both!?

These two chapters was great though I found interesting how Yukino started tease Yui in same manner as hikky did some time before. I think great minds indeed think alike.
and vol 7 chapter 3 has released too

I like it that BT continue to translate oregairu

and yeah although they're different but great minds really do think alike
[X].I.E.[N] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 09:49   Link #1019
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Reading the summaries for vol 5,
Spoiler:

Although I saw that a bit in vol 7 as well...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 09:57   Link #1020
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
subjectively speaking yes.(my opinion)
but objectively we can't say it for sure that she likes him or not but the suspicious attitude suggests it like this.

a proper answer will probably emerge in later volumes
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
club, comedy, dramedy, gagaga bunko, harem, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.