AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-29, 06:19   Link #1241
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I've been looking at this image for a few times already but now I just realized something...

Is that a tear in her left eye?

EDIT: Damn, the Saki CGs are threatening my times aboard the Sensei/Hachiman ship. They're secretly signalling me to welcome me aboard.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-09-29 at 06:31.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:39   Link #1242
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I've been looking at this image for a few times already but now I just realized something...

EDIT: Damn, the Saki CGs are threatening my times aboard the Sensei/Hachiman ship. They're secretly signalling me to welcome me aboard.
Yeah Saki has that sort charm about her.
Old 2013-09-29, 08:43   Link #1243
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Finally got my copy of the game luckily there was the limited edition to it at the store I usually go to. (Thankfully they usually import Jap games) time for me to enjoy Yukino route.
Old 2013-09-29, 09:48   Link #1244
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post

No, that's a sweatdrop.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 12:44   Link #1245
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
I think that is a teardrop in sensei's eye no doubt about it.
Old 2013-09-29, 16:53   Link #1246
Tenzen12

Just watched OVA and somehow there was moments that felt out of character here and there. And overaly I found it to be weakest episode so far (even though atractive event was used as settings), 13th episode included. Do we know if Watari colaborated on this one?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-09-29 at 17:36.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 17:40   Link #1247
Quol
Anime Lurker

Oh i have yet to watch the OVA
I'm not sure how the characters seem out of place, they all seemed very "themselves" to me. Also in the OVA i have 2 favorite moments

1. when hiki gets some Yui-points because be wants to protect totsuka's smile
2. when sensei wins the contest with the Wife Stare™

Also i'm not sure if its allowed but is there any place other then baka-tsuki that has this translated?

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 08:28   Link #1248
Cinnamon

Just a really rough summary of Komachis route. Missing a lot of small events.
Got to finish Yui route soon...
Spoiler for Komachi ending:

A short route. Been a bit busy recently so Yui route comes later than I expected. Komachi is really an awesome imouto
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 08:51   Link #1249
Shadow5YA

Is there a "neutral" route? What happens if you try to follow the novel's events to the very end?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 09:45   Link #1250
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Is there a "neutral" route? What happens if you try to follow the novel's events to the very end?
Just Hikki walking around town meeting Chuuni, who seems to stalk Hikki. Hikki ignores him. Skip to the new semester where he meets Yui and Yukinon. In short: back to right before Volume 6 I think.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 13:20   Link #1251
kamikaze00007

Is Saki (the gray/white/silver haired girl) and the Sensei included in Hikki's heroine circle in the LN?
kamikaze00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:59   Link #1252
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze00007 View Post
Is Saki (the gray/white/silver haired girl) and the Sensei included in Hikki's heroine circle in the LN?
I have never seen anyone else but Yui & Yukinon being called "heroine" in the series, so that's pretty telling of the other character's standing in the story profiles and images and stuff like that. Heck, it's hard to see Saki being called anything but Kawanantoka-san.

.... I guess they are saving Sensei for Haruno? (like, how they are saving Yui for Yukinon ). Where is Setsuki when it's needed
Old 2013-10-17, 15:48   Link #1253
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I have never seen anyone else but Yui & Yukinon being called "heroine" in the series, so that's pretty telling of the other character's standing in the story profiles and images and stuff like that. Heck, it's hard to see Saki being called anything but Kawanantoka-san.

.... I guess they are saving Sensei for Haruno? (like, how they are saving Yui for Yukinon ). Where is Setsuki when it's needed
No need to be called heroine in LN to be one
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:46   Link #1254
Tenzen12

Quote:
You meant whether there is romantic involvement? In that case definitely yes for sensei, for Saki not that much, but she recently started go all tsundere on Hikki so it's very plausible possibility
Old 2013-10-21, 04:34   Link #1255
kamikaze00007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You meant whether there is romantic involvement? In that case definitely yes for sensei, for Saki not that much, but she recently started go all tsundere on Hikki so it's very plausible possibility
I was really left hanging with all the loosely cut info in the anime since I never got to read the LN.

There was one point where Haruno mentioned that Yukino was once "not chosen" and her ties with Hayama. Am I correct to assume this is referring to Hayama choosing Miura over Yukino when they were still in middle school or something like that?

Also, there was this scene where Hayama mentioned "Now I can see why she's being so concerned about you (Hikigaya)." to Hikki himself. Is this girl mentioned, Sensei?

She's a little too close to Hikki with her interactions leaving me very curious. Both questions are based on my assumptions of what the anime implied though since I have practically 0% novel based information.
Old 2013-10-21, 06:32   Link #1256
Tenzen12

It doesn't seem that way, Miyura have thing for Hayama, but it seems to be pretty much onesided, with him paying much more attention to Yukino. There is even some implication he confessed her once and got rejected.

But even without that, it's clear he meant Yukino that time, we don't have any hint of connection between him and teacher on top of that he said it in time when there was nothing romantick between Hikki and Shizuka yet.
Old 2013-10-21, 09:20   Link #1257
kamikaze00007

Somehow it bothers me how Yukino can be so concerned with Hikigaya's psychological state at that point to go so far as to mention it to Hayama when they weren't even really that close.

The teacher on the other hand has been on Hikki's case since day one which he himself commented was too much "Just how much does she (Shizuka) like me?" with the sms from her sounding dangerous to his guy-senses.

Also the scene happened before Shizuka told Hikki he was crossing a dangerous bridge (with the test of courage plan) so I kind of connected Hayama's slip of the tongue with it that came later that same night.

The scenario was kinda like she brought Hayama's group so that Hikki's club could interact with them (Hikki to change being the real target). I thought she might've convinced Hayama regarding Hikki which led to the former mentioning "her being concerned". This was prior to Yukino's attempt to semi-self=destruct during the cultural festival so I think Hikki and Yukino wasn't at a romantic threshold at that time yet.
Old 2013-10-21, 09:38   Link #1258
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Somehow it bothers me how Yukino can be so concerned with Hikigaya's psychological state at that point to go so far as to mention it to Hayama when they weren't even really that close.
Well, if you "notice it" Yukinon has a lot of "out of character" moments when she relies on Hikki and / or places trust in him, and seems to do so subconsciously (like, when she stated that he will finish the doubles tennis match on his own). At first I couldn't find any logic behind it, but eventually I realized that she might have (unconsciously) gotten a very good impression from their first meeting (he did risk his own health to save someone else).

One can see a bunch of moments like that in the novel (at least, my shipper glasses do ). I would love it if her fear of dogs was born out of (or make worse) due to Sable's accident.

Quote:
The scenario was kinda like she brought Hayama's group so that Hikki's club could interact with them (Hikki to change being the real target). I thought she might've convinced Hayama regarding Hikki which led to the former mentioning "her being concerned". This was prior to Yukino's attempt to semi-self=destruct during the cultural festival so I think Hikki and Yukino wasn't at a romantic threshold at that time yet.

But actually, it's the opposite; Shizukawaii put up a regular notice thinking that now one would show up, however Hayama's group signed in. If you want to read a "double meaning" or "deeper intentions", then you end up that Hayama is the one who signed in the activity because he came to the thought that Yukinon was gonna be there due to being in the club 'who works' for Shizuka, and brought the rest of the guys to keep an appearance.

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-10-21 at 10:10.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 09:52   Link #1259
kamikaze00007

It sure does lack a lot of extra detail when the anime adaptation can't fit the complete original content into it. Good thing I asked here in the forums!

Please don't tell me Yukino and Hikki have some sort of past connection which Hikki himself doesn't remember (except the dog and car accident). Or do they?

I'd like to have a more solid foundation on her unexplained actions rather than just assume myself that she's falling for him because of a suspension bridge phenomenon.

I kinda failed to notice Hayama was the kind of guy to one-sidedly fall in-love and chase Yukino though.

It was mentioned Shizuka and Hikki have something romantic between the two of them? Can someone please state what this encounter is/ how it was established as a fact?
Old 2013-10-21, 10:54   Link #1260
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Please don't tell me Yukino and Hikki have some sort of past connection which Hikki himself doesn't remember (except the dog and car accident). Or do they?

I'd like to have a more solid foundation on her unexplained actions rather than just assume myself that she's falling for him because of a suspension bridge phenomenon.
Well, it has been hinting that Hikki & Yukinon have hidden parts in their pasts, but it never has been hinted that they are connected (in fact, for Hikki it has been mentioned that it's soo unmemorable that is rather left forgotten , while Yukinon past seems way more interesting and mysterious). About the Yukinon relying on Hikki, while it was "out of nowhere" at first, you have to see that eventually things happen in the club that make them kinda of acknowledge each other for who they are (they don't seem to be aware of this, of course), so it shouldn't be that weird later on.

In fact one of the things that I like about the novel, is that after every so volume Yukinon and Hikki relationship switches from "pseudo-trust (but can't stand)" <-> "disapproves (and can't stand)". There is also the fact that Hikki "is not" like the type of guys that Yukinon finds displeasureable (guys that "flock her" and... Well, are raijuu like).... He is like a total new brand of guy she doesn't like

Quote:
It was mentioned Shizuka and Hikki have something romantic between the two of them? Can someone please state what this encounter is/ how it was established as a fact?
Well, Shizukakoii acts kinda stalkerish towards Hikki. On the other side, while Hikki usually states "just how much she loves me" or "might as well get her", he usually uses that as in "bad end" terms So rather than being a "good", "romantic" flag, it's pretty much the opposite.

Basically, most of their "chemistry" is treated like a joke (just like what happens with Saki). About "chemistry", well there is some and sometimes is good. In any event Shizuka's interest in Hikki is professional as a hot blooded educator who strikes down evil with her firsts though sometimes she has shown her "true personality" towards Hikki rather than her "business side".

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-10-21 at 13:53.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, dramedy, gagaga bunko, harem, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life