AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-30, 14:19   Link #1401
Okashira
Honos628

Another bit of volume 7 was translated. Another of those chapters where Hikki walks proudly around town, with a girl in each arm (not really )

Quote:
After some progress in advancing forward, a monster jumped out screaming “blaaah.” Kawasaki stiffened up instantly and dashed like her life was on the line without a word.
It soo fits.

edit : Added so it doesn't go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Follow what the book says
http://i.imgur.com/mpalrVg.png
http://reader.bz/more/%E8%B0%B7 It's not uncommon to see it read as "gaya" as well.
Old 2013-12-01, 06:30   Link #1402
fronttide

i am finish up to 12 pages >_< sorry for slow speed... collage work get in way, and after some hard work... i am free~

maybe this night i'll speed up to 20pages (75%?)

i'll post first chapter 3 or 4 days later after some editing.
fronttide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 11:12   Link #1403
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

why there's harem tags on this series?
Old 2013-12-01, 12:08   Link #1404
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercrow108 View Post
why there's harem tags on this series?
Because a big % of the people merely tag a series after reading the title and leave the stuff there.
Old 2013-12-01, 13:05   Link #1405
Tenzen12

Considering Yui, Shizuka, and Saki shows quite major hints of possible romantic affection, Yukino, Saika and Haruno sent plenty of mixed messages and at two volumes out of eight played harem hijinks more or less straight. I don't think it's necessaryly wrong.

Or to be exact while it is definitely WRONG it might not be INCORRECT.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 13:26   Link #1406
Frozt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Considering Yui, Shizuka, and Saki shows quite major hints of possible romantic affection, Yukino, Saika and Haruno sent plenty of mixed messages and at two volumes out of eight played harem hijinks more or less straight. I don't think it's necessaryly wrong.

Or to be exact while it is definitely WRONG it might not be INCORRECT.
I think Haruno is ruled out and shouldn't even be considered as a romantic possibility just because... while Saika is definitely used for purely comedy. Yukino, is a wild card though. I think once she straightens out her feelings, we will know. She has been alone since childhood, must be hard for her to know what love is..
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 13:43   Link #1407
Shadow5YA

The only real romantic interest in this series so far is Yui to Hachiman, but Hachiman constantly stonewalls her advances. Yukino has other personal issues, while Saki, Saika, and Shizuka are played only for laughs with no real story progress.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 13:56   Link #1408
Frozt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The only real romantic interest in this series so far is Yui to Hachiman, but Hachiman constantly stonewalls her advances. Yukino has other personal issues, while Saki, Saika, and Shizuka are played only for laughs with no real story progress.

Saika is a complete tsundere to 8man... Tsunderes must be counted as invalid when to it comes to romances then?!?! If you want to apply romantic as in stories, then of course it is only Yukino 8man and Yui
Old 2013-12-01, 14:07   Link #1409
Tenzen12

It doesn't metter whether it's played for laugh or not. Harem isn't defined by number of serious contenders, otherwise 90 percent of harems would have to be retaged to Love polygon instead.

And no one can convice me that after Hikki fail on Yukino/Yui front he will not be taken by Shizuka.
Old 2013-12-01, 16:52   Link #1410
Quol
That Guy

The only serious love interests hikki has are yui and yukino. The rest of the "possible" love interests are just played for some comedy or (non-romantic) development. Even if you consider every possible interest to be fair game yui and yukino have a far larger lead than the rest.

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 17:22   Link #1411
Tenzen12

Problem is that chances that Hikki will be able hook with any of these two are fifty-fifty at most.
Old 2013-12-01, 17:39   Link #1412
Frozt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Problem is that chances that Hikki will be able hook with any of these two are fifty-fifty at most.
In regards, Yui is losing in attraction,while Yui is winning in agression(>.<?) 8man has constantly lost himself in looking at Yukino more than Yui.
Old 2013-12-01, 17:59   Link #1413
Quol
That Guy

Between Yukino and Yui, Hikki would probably form a relationship with Yui faster than with Yukino but the relationship with Yui would be very unstable and after a while it would break. Yui is too sensitive to the atmosphere to be happy in a relationship with someone who is generally disliked (Hikki would just break up with her to stop her from being sad). It would be like the time they went to the festival but it would always happen.
The relationship with Yukino would be slower but i think it would be more solid. Yukino wouldnt mind being with Hikki despite how others would view it.

In the end i just want our trooper Hikki to have some happiness at the end of his series and it seems he would get more with Yukino than with Yui.

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 18:30   Link #1414
Frozt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Between Yukino and Yui, Hikki would probably form a relationship with Yui faster than with Yukino but the relationship with Yui would be very unstable and after a while it would break. Yui is too sensitive to the atmosphere to be happy in a relationship with someone who is generally disliked (Hikki would just break up with her to stop her from being sad). It would be like the time they went to the festival but it would always happen.
The relationship with Yukino would be slower but i think it would be more solid. Yukino wouldnt mind being with Hikki despite how others would view it.

In the end i just want our trooper Hikki to have some happiness at the end of his series and it seems he would get more with Yukino than with Yui.
Exactly, the foundations of 8man & Yui are made of sand (easily made/easily destroyed), easily stepped on and changed, while the foundations of 8man & Yukino are still being created, it is/may become concrete (harder to make/harder to destroy).
Old 2013-12-01, 22:02   Link #1415
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Sorry for being blunt.....but because of the nonsense I read here about the possible pairings....I have to say it.
Dammit Hachiman don't hook up with either of them. The series is good as it is now... no need for suffering. By suffering I mean if he ends up with either girl the other one will suffer.
I was once a Yui x 8man fan but all the arguments and counter-arguments are equal with zero when a Yukino fan comes to defend her.
So I say it is better if he picks nobody at the end.
Old 2013-12-01, 22:32   Link #1416
fronttide

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Sorry for being blunt.....but because of the nonsense I read here about the possible pairings....I have to say it.
Dammit Hachiman don't hook up with either of them. The series is good as it is now... no need for suffering. By suffering I mean if he ends up with either girl the other one will suffer.
I was once a Yui x 8man fan but all the arguments and counter-arguments are equal with zero when a Yukino fan comes to defend her.
So I say it is better if he picks nobody at the end.
but you know, vol 7 incident greatly effect hikigaya.... he even yelled at komachi when his sister try to ask >_<
fronttide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 22:40   Link #1417
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...by-series/2013
2nd season or anything beyond that ?
Old 2013-12-02, 00:22   Link #1418
Used Can

To be honest, I really don't see much romance in Hamachi.
You get Yui's feelings for 8man, which so far have been pretty much one-sided.
Whatever there is between 8man and Yukino so far has been some attempt at friendship, but since Yukino has her own past issues (which as far as I know are yet to be revealed or, at least, get strong hints regarding what those issues are) she denies that they're friends. However, despite 8man noticing Yukino's beauty, there really isn't any romance there.
Then you have Saki, Totsuka, Shizuka and whoever else might be around, but their relevance is such to the story that they don't really affect its tone.

I wouldn't be surprised if the story - despite its name - never really focuses on actual romantic development.
Old 2013-12-02, 00:32   Link #1419

if yui will notice that yukinon have feelings for hachiman, i think she will make a move to confront yukinon to clear things up. ....
0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 03:29   Link #1420
NeutralZero

either she confronts Yukinon if she's being stubborn to herself or be more aggressive towards Hachiman...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, dramedy, gagaga bunko, harem, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life