AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-04, 09:34   Link #201
Megacrash Gr
Van!shment Th!s World!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ニューヨーク
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Damn I liked Seiji, he was my favorite character from the other nutjobs .

I'm having these weird thought
about Kiri, Iwai and Iwai's hair in a weird BDSM fashion

Anyway those two are sweet together as they wrap up an awesome episode.
Megacrash Gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:01   Link #202
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Spoiler for Episode 10:
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 01:49   Link #203
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Oh wow, the ugly color filters only appeared for a few short times and otherwise left the fight scene alone, which is great because the fight scene itself was actually good and lasted longer than a few seconds for once. This sort of battle between wielders of indestructible everyday objects was what I hoped from the show's action scenes the first place, not magical noose summoning books or mind control horse whips. I like it!
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:19   Link #204
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
When I saw Emily in the preview last week, I thought we'd get to know more about Yamane, mostly because someone at that age with killing goods could maybe serve as a trigger for her own issues. Seems I'll have to wait until next week.

Interesting, that Emiliy's killing goods are "made". Someone trying to use curses to strengthen weapons? How do you fabricate curses? (I always thought that, in Japanese folklore, cursed objects have acquired the intense feelings of the user via prolonged use.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:59   Link #205
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Wow Emily got some moves but scary when she using those knifes
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:51   Link #206
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
When I saw Emily in the preview last week, I thought we'd get to know more about Yamane, mostly because someone at that age with killing goods could maybe serve as a trigger for her own issues. Seems I'll have to wait until next week.

Interesting, that Emiliy's killing goods are "made". Someone trying to use curses to strengthen weapons? How do you fabricate curses? (I always thought that, in Japanese folklore, cursed objects have acquired the intense feelings of the user via prolonged use.)
One option would killing using the same tool until the curse happens. Something like killing 1000 demons to be a demon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Wow Emily got some moves but scary when she using those knifes
No kidding. I wonder how will Kiri handle this?
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 02:38   Link #207
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 11:02   Link #208
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Spoiler for Episode 11:
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 03:45   Link #209
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
Heh, it took me long enough to notice, but considering this latest episode...

"Byouin" means hospital, doesn't it? Sort of fitting killing goods for Byouinzaka, no? Makes me wonder if I've missed other things about the naming in the show. Heh.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 06:30   Link #210
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Well, Kiri means "cut" for starters. Yes, the casting is peppered with significant names.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 07:43   Link #211
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Heh, it took me long enough to notice, but considering this latest episode...

"Byouin" means hospital, doesn't it? Sort of fitting killing goods for Byouinzaka, no? Makes me wonder if I've missed other things about the naming in the show. Heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, Kiri means "cut" for starters. Yes, the casting is peppered with significant names.
Fascinating! It's little things like that that make me wish I knew the Japanese language.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:57   Link #212
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Emily, how does it feel to have Kirei for a dad.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 09:29   Link #213
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Just like the Emily scene in the previous episode, this scene will be uncensored on the BD. It's obviously done to promote sales.
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 10:34   Link #214
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Fascinating! It's little things like that that make me wish I knew the Japanese language.
Yeah, I pick up a word here and there, and I know basic grammar, but I wouldn't say I speak Japanese. For example, I didn't know something as basic "kiri" meaning "to cut". When it comes to "kiri"-names, I tend to think of fog, or mist (Kirto, Kirika...). [Thanks, Enzo. ]

I did know, for example, that "Seigi" means justice (--> Rulebook), so I wasn't entirely unprepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Just like the Emily scene in the previous episode, this scene will be uncensored on the BD. It's obviously done to promote sales.
Is it? Aren't there rules what you can and can't show on TV? I mean, seeing blood flood into a syringe isn't the sort of thing that makes me buy a BD (or Dvd). That said, if they'd release the show in my region I'd buy it with no hesitation. Sadly, it's just about the least likely show to get a release around here from this season (German/European market). I mean, 2012 was a great year for anime, but none of the shows I want are available. And this one...

Aside: I thought censoring Emiliy's breasts was ridiculous. If anything, it made the scene more racy, rather than less.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 10:53   Link #215
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Is it? Aren't there rules what you can and can't show on TV? I mean, seeing blood flood into a syringe isn't the sort of thing that makes me buy a BD (or Dvd). That said, if they'd release the show in my region I'd buy it with no hesitation. Sadly, it's just about the least likely show to get a release around here from this season (German/European market). I mean, 2012 was a great year for anime, but none of the shows I want are available. And this one...

Aside: I thought censoring Emiliy's breasts was ridiculous. If anything, it made the scene more racy, rather than less.
Depends of the TV station. This one seemed rather light on censoring. I've seen stations even censoring panties shots on late-night anime.
I also think I've also seen blood censored to be made black on TV versions too.
Maybe Emily's censorship was because of nipples? Who knows.
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:03   Link #216
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Must say Yamane was just so cute this episode and know some more of Emily past
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 20:22   Link #217
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen
Really enjoying this bizarre, yet curiously interesting series. The characters in particular are ineresting for me, though I kinda like the art style too.

The back story of Emily was a touching to me. I wonder if she will become another bodyguard sorta person for the Queen or if she will die after uttering forgiveness to Kiri?

Fave series of the season for me. :-)
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 19:55   Link #218
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I been wondering something...

What if Kiri is Grayland's reincarnation? It could be a reason why he doesn't see Grayland in his dreams.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 20:43   Link #219
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
You know, I’m gonna be pissed if this anime ends with a LOLWUT anime-original ending. If I have to choose, I’d go with cliffhanger instead of an abrupt ending. Still, an abrupt ending might also fit the weirdness of this series. I don’t know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Emily, how does it feel to have Kirei for a dad.
Emily: Fantastic! Now if you'll excuse me. I have to kill a certain white-haired loli coz I want to become his only daughter .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 00:54   Link #220
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I been wondering something...

What if Kiri is Grayland's reincarnation? It could be a reason why he doesn't see Grayland in his dreams.
I do not think so. The next episode preview shows Jurisdiction becoming crazy. He might be experiencing his ancestor's influence now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Emily: Fantastic! Now if you'll excuse me. I have to kill a certain white-haired loli coz I want to become his only daughter .
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.