AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-27, 15:13   Link #1
tenchir

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

I wonder why this manga doesn't have a thread? I thought this series would be pretty popular considering it's pretty similar to Hajime no Ippo. It has been out for a while now with 47+ volume released so far in japan.

Here's a description of the manga.

"Kohinata Minoru is a college student at a college that is popular for its sports rather than academic orientation. He starts out as a gymnast alongside his friend, Misaki Nana, but is bullied by his gymnast seniors. One evening, a karate student at the college, Mutou Ryuuji, witnesses Minoru being bullied and comes to his rescue and drags him into the world of karate. Minoru makes new friends and learns some of their dark pasts, including a shocking death that reveals motives for revenge. "

Old 2013-06-04, 12:47   Link #2
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Hm, surprising that this series doesn't get any attention here whatsoever. I've been following it for quite a while now and I like how it's based in reality, and is about proper martial arts.

As for the last chapter (209), it was very good to see Minoru's growth. Seems like angry emo Ryuu has a clear disadvantage for now. Perhaps getting a good beating by Minoru will snap him out of it, and help him enjoy martial arts again.
Closed Thread