AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-02, 20:04   Link #881
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
man you guys really desperate for incest end huh
More like "they would not ever make an incest ending, so if they were half-siblings, then that pairing would become impossible".
Yea more like this. Then Megumi would have almost no competition.

As it looks like now I don't want to see a SoumaXErina pairing. After the process of "melting the ice queen" was completed, THEN and only THEN you can at least try to make me accept that pairing. It depends on the results though.
Old 2013-08-02, 21:23   Link #882
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm actually really glad that Erina has, for most parts, remained the same 'arrogant ice queen' she's had since the beginning of the series, with only extremely subtle hints of being somewhat intrigued by Souma.

The biggest problem with setting up romances with these kind of archetypes is how you do service towards the 'melting process', which can easily be very good, and pathetically bad.

I'm a lot more confident about the author's ability to deliver an excellent, long-term engagement between Souma & Erina, after seeing what he's capable of with Megumi's character development in the Shinomiya Shokugeki arc, and how Souma/Erina moments thus far isn't being forced on us simply for 'ice-melting' moments.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 22:12   Link #883
peinmaximus@

guys,give up of this.soma's father is not the father of erina and too she is not in love with him.she just admire souma's father for his food.I think that maybe she is a childhood friend of soma and she just not remember this.I think that in this arc she will clash with souma and will be defeat.after this she will remember of her past with souma and will pass to admire him.then she will fall for him.but she will always be tsundere and not will reveal this for him until the end of the manga.
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 23:23   Link #884
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
guys,give up of this.soma's father is not the father of erina and too she is not in love with him.she just admire souma's father for his food.I think that maybe she is a childhood friend of soma and she just not remember this.I think that in this arc she will clash with souma and will be defeat.after this she will remember of her past with souma and will pass to admire him.then she will fall for him.but she will always be tsundere and not will reveal this for him until the end of the manga.
Don't even try to use common sense in the threads or the internet, there are always going to be people making stuff up because they find their version better.
Old 2013-08-03, 00:14   Link #885
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
In that case, why did he quit the job in the first place? He should keep it so he could stay at his lover and daughter's side.
Alas, the Nakiri empire couldn't handle their daughter marrying beneath her station, a rugged chef of all plebs, no matter his talent! The star-crossed lovers were forced to elope for the sake of their love-- leaving behind their firstborn!

Fortunately for our Romeo and Juliet, the choice of leaving the little Erina to the care of the wicked Nakiris was simple. She did, after all, insult her mother's life-giving milk~

Ahem.

In all seriousness, I doubt they are siblings '_' This isn't that type of manga. Though on the other hand, if it does come true, then that would be quite the curveball...
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 00:32   Link #886
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
or souma dad cooking is too faking delicious so the reaction is superb crazy like in yakitate japan and make souma mother go back to her baby form, and she is erina
come on guys, this is the most possible answer
Old 2013-08-03, 00:36   Link #887
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
imagine if that was the girl u liked too lol
There actually is a manga like that.
The protagonist has a crush on a classmate, but one day his dad breaks him the devastating news: dad just married the girl of his adoration.
I don't remember where it ran and how it ended, it was one of those manga I flipped through and didn't pay whole lot of attention. Too painful.

Then there's Exxaxion where the progaonist's mother loved grandfather more than her husband, and ended up becoming grandfather's (one of many) wife after the husband died - making her both the protagonist's mother and a step-grandmother.
But that old man was badass. So it's ok.
Old 2013-08-03, 04:05   Link #888
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Alas, the Nakiri empire couldn't handle their daughter marrying beneath her station, a rugged chef of all plebs, no matter his talent! The star-crossed lovers were forced to elope for the sake of their love-- leaving behind their firstborn!

Fortunately for our Romeo and Juliet, the choice of leaving the little Erina to the care of the wicked Nakiris was simple. She did, after all, insult her mother's life-giving milk~

Ahem.

In all seriousness, I doubt they are siblings '_' This isn't that type of manga. Though on the other hand, if it does come true, then that would be quite the curveball...
If so, then they are siblings with the same parents instead of half-siblings, a par of sibling lovers like that would make things even more exiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
There actually is a manga like that.
The protagonist has a crush on a classmate, but one day his dad breaks him the devastating news: dad just married the girl of his adoration.
I don't remember where it ran and how it ended, it was one of those manga I flipped through and didn't pay whole lot of attention. Too painful.
Is it the manga you talked about?
Mama wa Doukyuusei
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 07:49   Link #889
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post

Is it the manga you talked about?
Mama wa Doukyuusei
Sounds like it, though it's not even fully translated...even the translators said "fuck it" to the screwed up story.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 07:58   Link #890
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Sounds like it, though it's not even fully translated...even the translators said "fuck it" to the screwed up story.
It had a pretty stupid ending, so whatever.

The author obviously lost the plot halfway through.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:06   Link #891
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

That probably is it, although I'm not certain.
I flip through a lot of manga magazines, and there's a ton of completely forgettable series I neglect to store in my memory.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:19   Link #892
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
In all seriousness, I doubt they are siblings '_' This isn't that type of manga.
There is no way for them to be siblings. I wouldn't be surprised if they are cousins, though-- As in, the girl that Soma's father married is someone who belongs to Erina's grandad's house hold.

That would explain very nicely the Dad dropping there often.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:46   Link #893
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
There is no way for them to be siblings. I wouldn't be surprised if they are cousins, though-- As in, the girl that Soma's father married is someone who belongs to Erina's grandad's house hold.

Wasn't that what I said a couple pages ago?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:48   Link #894
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

That would make no sense for Erina to not recognize the Yukihira name.
As we see in this chapter, Soma's father isn't Yukihira, so naturally you would assume the mother side family is Yukihira.
Old 2013-08-03, 10:45   Link #895
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

How about, and bare with me on this because it's such a WILD theory, Soma and Erina are not related in any way aside from her knowing (and looking up to) Soma's dad when she was a kid. Crazy I know, but it's not impossible.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 11:35   Link #896
cutieteen97

Quote:
How about, and bare with me on this because it's such a WILD theory, Soma and Erina are not related in any way aside from her knowing (and looking up to) Soma's dad when she was a kid. Crazy I know, but it's not impossible.
man how do nutjobs like u think of things like that?
INCONCEIVABLE
cutieteen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 12:06   Link #897
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Dojima also has a certain recollection of the Yukihira name, so its not a fake name. Whatever it may be,Souma's mother's side will also be a mystery of its own.

Old 2013-08-03, 12:35   Link #898
noobita

Quote:
I don't know man..From what I gathered, Erina is one arrogant and mental unstable girl. She probably want to kill Souma's father because he humiliated her in the past. She want to remind herself not to forget the man who humiliated her in the past by keeping a picture of Souma's dad.
Old 2013-08-03, 13:02   Link #899
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I don't know man..From what I gathered, Erina is one arrogant and mental unstable girl. She probably want to kill Souma's father because he humiliated her in the past. She want to remind herself not to forget the man who humiliated her in the past by keeping a picture of Souma's dad.
Like how Sena keeps pictures of Yozora in Haganai?
Clearly she admires him as a cook, maybe he was even her first crush (food that can control people's heart?), but reading all these comments about Erina x Souma's dad is giving me a headache.
Old 2013-08-03, 17:24   Link #900
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
but reading all these comments about Erina x Souma's dad is giving me a headache.
Tell me about it.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, foodgasm, moe, shonen, tosh