AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 19:15   Link #1221
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Didn't she criticize her mother's breast milk as an infant, or was that just the oneshot?
Just a oneshot.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 19:37   Link #1222
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
My guess: Jun was prized for her curry being the best there is, when "Saiba-senpai" just non-chalantly strolled by, made one that froze her out of her wits right then and there and without giving her a satisfying answer to what he actually used or did he just walked away like he always does.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 19:39   Link #1223
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
My guess: Jun was prized for her curry being the best there is, when "Saiba-senpai" just non-chalantly strolled by, made one that froze her out of her wits right then and there and without giving her a satisfying answer to what he actually used or did he just walked away like he always does.
My guess: she was the guinea pig for Junichirou's bad experimental food
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 19:41   Link #1224
bakapervert
A pervert

For a teacher to hit a student like that, isn't that a good blackmail material already. If her superior know about that little episode, getting fired is a good possibility. As for Jun's reaction, maybe she was just like Megumi now, getting dragged by Jouichiro to various outrageous challenge that make her scared outta her mind and traumatized.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 20:40   Link #1225
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
As for Jun's reaction, maybe she was just like Megumi now, getting dragged by Jouichiro to various outrageous challenge that make her scared outta her mind and traumatized.
I'm with you on this. Hell, she's even started to apologize a lot just like Megumi did.

And he probably used her as a guinea pig too.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 20:47   Link #1226
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
...maybe she was just like Megumi now...
Some would read that as a BAD thing, as it speaks ill tidings for Tadokoro in the harem race.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:50   Link #1227
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
As for Jun's reaction, maybe she was just like Megumi now, getting dragged by Jouichiro to various outrageous challenge that make her scared outta her mind and traumatized.
This does not bode well for souma and megumi in the future

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 21:51   Link #1228
whitecloud

circle of life continue....next time it will be todokoro's turn with souma's son when he enter tootsuki and having Japanese food challenge

we will see this in epilogue....
Old 2013-10-21, 23:01   Link #1229
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Don't forget that Souma is fundamentally different from his dad. They're totally different types of people, although sharing some of their quirks
Old 2013-10-21, 23:12   Link #1230
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Don't forget that Souma is fundamentally different from his dad. They're totally different types of people, although sharing some of their quirks
Well, there is the mother aspect after all that we don't know. She could have some quirks as well that is shared. Speaking of which, kind of surprising that she has not been brought up thus far.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:31   Link #1231
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^if this series stays popular enough we'll get all kinds of backstory shit i believe
Old 2013-10-22, 06:15   Link #1232
noobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
circle of life continue....next time it will be todokoro's turn with souma's son when he enter tootsuki and having Japanese food challenge

we will see this in epilogue....
No way. First of all, Souma is completely different than Jouchiro. Secondly, Megumi is 10x cuter than the teacher. So, I have the strong feeling that Souma will not following his father's footstep.

Souma's father was probably treated the teacher like a tool in the past....but as for Souma, he was actually treating Megumi very good, and I haven't see Souma did something that scarred Megumi....yet.

As for Souma's mother, I still the believer that Souma's mother tamed the "Asura" by defeating him with Yukihira Menu in the past. Feeling defeated and humiliated, Souma's father surrendered himself to Souma's mother, and adopt his wife's surname.

Old 2013-10-22, 09:20   Link #1233
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
No way. First of all, Souma is completely different than Jouchiro. Secondly, Megumi is 10x cuter than the teacher. So, I have the strong feeling that Souma will not following his father's footstep.

Souma's father was probably treated the teacher like a tool in the past....but as for Souma, he was actually treating Megumi very good, and I haven't see Souma did something that scarred Megumi....yet.

As for Souma's mother, I still the believer that Souma's mother tamed the "Asura" by defeating him with Yukihira Menu in the past. Feeling defeated and humiliated, Souma's father surrendered himself to Souma's mother, and adopt his wife's surname.

I don't think the is the case after all his father once said that "In order to be the best cook one must find the perfect partner to taste their cooking" (or something like that).

I believe that before dropping out from school he defeated the Doujima(no.1 seat). And later married and have Souma. Cause I just can't picture his dad to be an eternal second place.
Old 2013-10-22, 09:31   Link #1234
Breimoon

well, in my opinion he stopped caring about first place when he found out his true love and so he got out of school (he never ended it) and started cooking only for her and restaurant clients
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 09:40   Link #1235
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
well, in my opinion he stopped caring about first place when he found out his true love and so he got out of school (he never ended it) and started cooking only for her and restaurant clients
And do you think that Doujima would let him leave just like that.
Old 2013-10-22, 11:04   Link #1236
noobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
And do you think that Doujima would let him leave just like that.
Well, maybe he indeed defeated Doujima in the past though not through official match.

Speaking of the godly chef, I wonder, will Souma going to face Erina's grandfather? Heck, is that geezer even a threat?
Old 2013-10-25, 05:44   Link #1237
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
What, you haven't seen him feed her one of his failures for the first time...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I don't think the is the case after all his father once said that "In order to be the best cook one must find the perfect partner to taste their cooking" (or something like that).

I believe that before dropping out from school he defeated the Doujima(no.1 seat). And later married and have Souma. Cause I just can't picture his dad to be an eternal second place.
Yeah, same.

I doubt a school like this would embrace that as its philosophy though, so there could be some ideological issues as well.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 06:50   Link #1238
noobita

Quote:
What, you haven't seen him feed her one of his failures for the first time...?
So, fed her with failures equal to everyday bully/harsh treatments? Pretty sure one failures won't make Megumi hate Souma for the rest of her life....even if she didn't end up with Souma.
Old 2013-10-25, 07:17   Link #1239
Breimoon

i'm sure it is because he toyed with her heart!! Lol
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 07:48   Link #1240
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
So, fed her with failures equal to everyday bully/harsh treatments? Pretty sure one failures won't make Megumi hate Souma for the rest of her life....even if she didn't end up with Souma.
The first time alone was bad enough to count. Also, she completely looks like the type of girl that he'll end up making her taste tester.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, foodgasm, moe, shonen, tosh