AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-16, 19:47   Link #361
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Well, they said it would be different this time.
I'm seeing a lot of complaints flying around... personally I no longer have any idea what to expect, and while that may be terrifying, it is also awesome.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 19:57   Link #362
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
It seems the inclusion of Toji's sister in the last movie was for no reason.

...she seems older. How much of a time skip has there been?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 20:02   Link #363
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
14 years apparently. Which is kinda strange cos Asuka and Mari don't look like they've aged at all...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 20:28   Link #364
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
14 years apparently. Which is kinda strange cos Asuka and Mari don't look like they've aged at all...
The "Curse of Eva". Funny that, being bathed in the blood of angels all day every day changes your physiology. Who knew?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 20:36   Link #365
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Alright:

a- I couldn't see the 6 minute preview, didn't load :'(.

b- Can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck is up with the new pics? Someone said time skip, but then with movie, I think everyone turning into orange tang LCL in the original series was less mind stressing than trying to explain what's the plot in this movie-v-;;.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 20:53   Link #366
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Alright:

a- I couldn't see the 6 minute preview, didn't load :'(.

b- Can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck is up with the new pics? Someone said time skip, but then with movie, I think everyone turning into orange tang LCL in the original series was less mind stressing than trying to explain what's the plot in this movie-v-;;.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV4jBw9Tu2k
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 21:35   Link #367
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Barbara
Age: 22
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?


What the flying fuck.


Spoiler for OMG:



3.0 confirmed for biggest joke of the decade. http://i.imgur.com/vdvl2.jpg
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:11   Link #368
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sorry Vallen, it's not loading for me. When it starts to, it goes dark.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:14   Link #369
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
What the fuck did they do to Misato? I mean the fuck is that shit?

I mean seriously. I don't care they made a joke out of Asuka Shikinami because she is already a joke, and Mari was a non-factor but... lol. I have nothing but moe moe Rei.

Well, I guess watch the circus show.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:17   Link #370
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Sorry Vallen, it's not loading for me. When it starts to, it goes dark.
The story starts in Space. It is suppose to start pitch black. Are you sure you are not just staring at the first few seconds?

And I see why it had been so hard to release a proper trailer for 3.0. Anno had to hide the fact that the show is set 14 years in the future, and that means he can't show ANY characters who have aged. So only pilots and new characters are allowed in promos.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:25   Link #371
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
No, it goes black, because not even the play and pause button are there. But yeah, based on what Archon said, I don't think I'm gonna watch since the nympho Misato is gone.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:25   Link #372
desrtsku
Punching bag
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: In the countryside.
Age: 21
Oh damn ... I forgot to unsubscribe ...
__________________
Pls, don't bully.
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:36   Link #373
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
No, it goes black, because not even the play and pause button are there. But yeah, based on what Archon said, I don't think I'm gonna watch since the nympho Misato is gone.
Maybe check and update your flashplayer version. Japan does that a lot.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:07   Link #374
ImperialX
Audiophile
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
3.0 confirmed for biggest joke of the decade. [
Why would you say that if you haven't seen the movie yet?

Last edited by ImperialX; 2012-11-17 at 00:11. Reason: Just saw your MAL
ImperialX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:10   Link #375
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Barbara
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post
Why would you say that if you haven't seen the movie yet?
Because every spoiler coming out is an indication that 3.0 is magnifying the things that made 2.0 an awful film. It's beyond silly sounding.

I seriously feel pain from reading up on 3.0. How did NGE ever come to this...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:12   Link #376
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Maybe check and update your flashplayer version. Japan does that a lot.
That's the thing, my flash player is working fine, but the eva preview is the only video that's not playing. Ah well, you get a cookie for being awesome because of the help .
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:18   Link #377
ImperialX
Audiophile
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Because every spoiler coming out is an indication that 3.0 is magnifying the things that made 2.0 an awful film. It's beyond silly sounding.

I seriously feel pain from reading up on 3.0. How did NGE ever come to this...
Oh, you're one of those people.

Can you explain to me how the original series is any "better" than Rebuild? Aside from the fact it was the most influential anime of all time - because that doesn't necessarily translate to cinematographic merits. I've never understood why NGE is hyped to such degree by its fans; why it deserves a 10/10 in your MAL. I enjoyed both the TV series, EoE and the Rebuild movies thus far, so don't think I'm hating or anything. I know why you hate Rebuild - because it's different. But can you also explain to me why the TV series is a masterpiece? Because I really don't understand.

Spoiler for Spoilers from 2ch and /a/:

Last edited by ImperialX; 2012-11-17 at 02:07. Reason: Added some spoilers.
ImperialX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:46   Link #378
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
But yeah, based on what Archon said, I don't think I'm gonna watch since the nympho Misato is gone.
Misato is a nympho?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:58   Link #379
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Misato is a nympho?
Well, she's only loyal to one man, but if you saw End of Evangelion, it's highly suggested that they did nothing but fuck for an entire week back in college.

All I can say, is dayum. :3
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 01:03   Link #380
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, she's only loyal to one man, but if you saw End of Evangelion, it's highly suggested that they did nothing but fuck for an entire week back in college.

All I can say, is dayum. :3
Ah, that one. I understand now.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
evangelion, remake

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.