AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-22, 13:03   Link #1281
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
That's very good point. The attack happened in such a sudden way that was no time to even mount a more organized response. Very much definition of being caught with one's pants down.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 13:40   Link #1282
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I think they also figured that if a 50m tall titan came marching in,they'd see it coming and they could have time to start evacuating before he got to the wall, but nobody saw it coming.
Watch the scene again; there was a lightning strike of some sort that struck the ground exactly where the Titan appeared.

They are obviously ethereal in some manner.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 13:46   Link #1283
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The World God Only Knows
Quote:
You are talking as if there aren't escape routes or escape plans. There are at least two of them.
there were escape plans, but they were inadequate. what I'm trying to say was that maybe they could've come up with more plans to evacuate more people in a short amount of time. I guess its either they didn't know how much humans the titans can eat (i think it was mentioned at around 10000) and thought that they most of the humans can outrun them to the gates, or again, they were considered as sacrifices for titans if ever they broke in, thinking that the citizens in the outer areas will be enough to feed and slow the titans down before they can respond with the cannons and other defenses.

Yep, it indeed boils down to complacency, add to that the fact that the inner area residents don't really care much about the people in the outer walls.

Quote:
That's the reason for Eren's anger in Ep1, was it not? The soldiers should have been more prepared, but they weren't, because they never believed that there was any danger of combat so long as the walls stood. Thematically, that is the point of the story: complacency kills. Yes, it's terribly simplistic, but this is a shounen manga after all.
heh. not only did 100 years of peace made the soldiers incompetent and lazy, talking about and wanting to know more about the outside world was also established in ep1 to be something that shouldn't be talked about, they even branded people as heretics for that.

hmm, if that's what they wanted to show in the first episode, then all I can say is that this piece was very well written and very detailed. I just haven't realized it sooner lol.

Quote:
I think they also figured that if a 50m tall titan came marching in,they'd see it coming and they could have time to start evacuating before he got to the wall, but nobody saw it coming.
was it the explosion that made a regular titan a colossal one? it was kind of sudden how there was suddenly a giant peering down the 50m wall. lol we will know as the series progresses anyway, at least I hope.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 14:06   Link #1284
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Well let's be realistic here.
How much the countries of this world actually show themselves to be prepared to calamities?

Very little I'd say, and we're by far more rich and more technologically advanced.


Even Japan which is probably one of the countries who spends more on that sense, didn't think about the possible consequences of a tsunami hitting a nuclear power plant, in spite of the fact the aforementioned power plant was just by the sea, and that tsunami certainly aren't uncommon for them.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 17:26   Link #1285
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's as Hannes said - they don't want to be prepared. They didn't want to live in fear.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 19:40   Link #1286
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Images
Spring 2013 Heroine Height Chart
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 20:19   Link #1287
ragez2010
TamingSari
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
^ its that chart really correct because i was sure that Saipu is taller than average girl.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 20:53   Link #1288
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragez2010 View Post
^ its that chart really correct because i was sure that Saipu is taller than average girl.
Your're probably right. It appears they were put together by proportion. Saipu is 200 centimeters tall.

For height comparison, they should put some number. It seems there are too many tall girls in that comparison chart. In the typical anime, 160 cm or below are girls....
Images
a better example
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 23:06   Link #1289
PreSage
Up-rope-ree-ate!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I think they also figured that if a 50m tall titan came marching in,they'd see it coming and they could have time to start evacuating before he got to the wall, but nobody saw it coming.
If you watch carefully, it looks like he fizzles out after the attack...you see lots of steam released and then the 50 m Titan seem to diminish in size. So maybe he needed to power up each time to reach that size?
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 03:07   Link #1290
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Images
Spring 2013 Heroine Height Chart
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hmm, is Nyarko that tall?

I think I'm going to rewatch this show. Seems that are quite a few points to take note of.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 04:12   Link #1291
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
was it the explosion that made a regular titan a colossal one? it was kind of sudden how there was suddenly a giant peering down the 50m wall. lol we will know as the series progresses anyway, at least I hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
If you watch carefully, it looks like he fizzles out after the attack...you see lots of steam released and then the 50 m Titan seem to diminish in size. So maybe he needed to power up each time to reach that size?
The big question would be, why did the invasion stop at Shiganshina? It took just two titans, the armoured and the colossal, to topple the district's gates. They could have marched on towards the inner regions, but the onslaught stopped just short of Wall Rose.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:30   Link #1292
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:36   Link #1293
alluka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011

Problem solved, Eren.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic197752_2.gif
alluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:40   Link #1294
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The World God Only Knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
The big question would be, why did the invasion stop at Shiganshina? It took just two titans, the armoured and the colossal, to topple the district's gates. They could have marched on towards the inner regions, but the onslaught stopped just short of Wall Rose.
my guess would be that they don't really think and are drawn to humans, so when almost all the humans are finally inside the second wall, they are just wandering aimlessly inside wall maria.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:45   Link #1295
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
There's an abundant amount of MAD with shingeki OP in nico2.. I dunno whether it's because that the OP is cool or not, but all the mad are really good for me.

Quote:
I think they also figured that if a 50m tall titan came marching in,they'd see it coming and they could have time to start evacuating before he got to the wall, but nobody saw it coming.
I thought it was pretty obvious that the titan didn't come by walking.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:49   Link #1296
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The World God Only Knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
There's an abundant amount of MAD with shingeki OP in nico2.. I dunno whether it's because that the OP is cool or not, but all the mad are really good for me.
I've seen 4

the best is the bollywood version lol
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:23   Link #1297
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 11:25   Link #1298
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
It was as inevitable as Sasha's hunger for potatoes.

Congratulations on the sub-forum.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 13:26   Link #1299
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
It was as inevitable as Sasha's hunger for potatoes.

Congratulations on the sub-forum.
Yeah congratulation everyone
Finally our request approved for sub-fourm
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 13:29   Link #1300
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Yeah congratulation everyone
Finally our request approved for sub-fourm
And Gargantia doesn't get one?! Who do I have to kill this time?
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.