AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-05-06, 09:53   Link #1
Brother Coa

Battlefield 1

DICE released small teaser trailer today

Official full length trailer will be available in some 6 hours.

But so far it seems that WW1 rumors were indeed true.
Old 2016-05-06, 11:34   Link #2
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Battlefield 5? Say Battlefield 1.

WW1 is not really my cup of tea, so I think I'll sit this one out.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 12:20   Link #3
Brother Coa

Great.

I hate how series went into modern warfare, I was hungry for WW2 again and the fact we are getting WW1 is even better.

Modern warfare spoiled everyone and it is getting overused and boring.

This is going to be new hit, cannot wait for release date.
Old 2016-05-06, 15:39   Link #4
Brother Coa

Official trailer:

Old 2016-05-06, 17:19   Link #5
Going Seafoam
Lolimancer
*Graphic Designer

Fuck yeah. I'm a huge fan of older era games when done right, and the whole modern/futuristic fatigue is in full swing right now. Based DICE.
Going Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 17:20   Link #6
KiraYamatoFan

This look really badass. I was also begging for one of the big game franchises to travel back in time, and I'm really anticipating something big now with this. The modern/futuristic angle has been way overused and it was really time to dust up history books while building an setting/intrigue going with a new game.

I always wondered what a WWI-based game would look like, so I'm really excited about it.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-05-06 at 22:41.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 17:37   Link #7
Bonta Kun
Dancing the Panzer Waltz

Looking forward to this alot, don't recall ever playing a WW1 era FPS so should be very interesting.

Love my bolt action rifles so gonna love using them again!
Old 2016-05-06, 17:45   Link #8
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
While I don't think the contemporary and futuristic settings are overused by any means, I do approve of DICE having a go at this period in history on general principle; it'll be interesting to see how well they balance reasonable-historical-accuracy with Rule of Cool, keeping in mind not only the relative staidness of the Western Front, but that there were actions elsewhere in the world whose pacing would be more 'action-game-friendly', as it were.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 18:26   Link #9
YF19EX

I think I will take out my Springfield 1903 to the range just to celebrate this one. I am interested in this one more than Infinite Warfare. I think WWI has lots of potential in game play especially with the Battlefield series.
YF19EX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 19:18   Link #10
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

that glitch mob remix is so good. and it fits so well with the current BF synths.
Old 2016-05-06, 19:45   Link #11
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
I think WWI has lots of potential in game play especially with the Battlefield series.
And that is even before we get into alternate-history scenarios like that of the Tannhäuser setting...
Old 2016-05-06, 20:00   Link #12
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Uh.... hell yes.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 20:03   Link #13
barcode120x
RN

Yassssss, historic shooter! As much as I enjoy Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, the small scale battle and older graphics are starting to get me. About time a new BF comes out!
Old 2016-05-06, 20:37   Link #14
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

You guys find it damn funny that CoD goes far into the future and half the ratings on youtube are thumbs down (it really doesn't look all that good, btw) and then BF developers go to freaking WW1 and totally steal their thunder? I sure do.
Old 2016-05-06, 20:58   Link #15
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

There's no way IW can win over DICE in the eyes of people. Even if IW decided to go back to their roots and do WW2, people would still rave over whatever DICE put out.
Old 2016-05-06, 22:01   Link #16
YF19EX

Reminds me of the PS4 v Xbox1 launch at E3 2013.
YF19EX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 22:41   Link #17
Chosen_Hero

Guess I'm the only one interested in both IW and BF1... well, at this point I think i'm the only person on this planet that got over his hatred of CoD and just learned to enjoy the game.

While the WW1 setting looks great and is interesting, I personally would have preferred WW2 since I find that time period extremely fascinating even if we have had many games based on it.

For anyone interested in a crash course on how and why WW1 started:

Old 2016-05-06, 22:41   Link #18
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that is an awesome premise. World War 1 where you fight in the Western Front, the Middle East and the Atlantic Ocean.

This reminds of a movie of a company of US soldiers fighting against the Germans despite being outnumbered, low in ammo and reinforcements unavailable.

PS: The thread should be renamed to Battlefield 1 since that's the official title.
Old 2016-05-06, 22:45   Link #19
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
You guys find it damn funny that CoD goes far into the future and half the ratings on youtube are thumbs down (it really doesn't look all that good, btw) and then BF developers go to freaking WW1 and totally steal their thunder? I sure do.
I'm not sure precisely where all the genuine hate for CoD's upcoming direction comes from (it is possible that a good portion of those thumbs-down are just folks bandwagoning/trolling/etc.), but I think it's a good move on DICE's part simply because is gives players a clearer choice. It's like the 360/PS3/Wii face-off - two of them decided to butt heads on power, graphics, and so on; but Nintendo decided to just sidestep that fight and address a niche the others were paying less attention to.

To be fair, I'd have to take DICE's folks at their word on how the IW trailer looks, because it didn't look 'outdated', as I understand they claimed it to be...
Old 2016-05-06, 23:08   Link #20
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Guess I'm the only one interested in both IW and BF1... well, at this point I think i'm the only person on this planet that got over his hatred of CoD and just learned to enjoy the game.

While the WW1 setting looks great and is interesting, I personally would have preferred WW2 since I find that time period extremely fascinating even if we have had many games based on it.
I was never into the CoD vs. BF rivalry stuff either. I'm always in for a good game that has solid gameplay and a strong storyline to top the cake. My main gripe with IW is that people have been asking for a return to the roots of the franchise after 3 titles of definitely futurstic settings, but those people were not heard. Having 4 titles in a row where a futuristic setting is involved, that's just too much.

I can see where you come from about WW2, but we currently are within the 100th anniversary of WW1. Since WW1 has been relatively unexplored by the gaming industry compared to WW2, I think it was about time a game explores the topic now that we are a century after the events from that time period. From what I see in the trailer, I recognize at least 4 theaters of operations with each having its own reality.

For the record, the Youtube channel named The Great War has been doing a weekly series of videos about how the war went on a weekly basis exactly 100 years ago. Between those regular episodes, there have been plenty of special videos on different topics as well as videos where the host answers questions from the viewers. Every 6 months, there's also a recap of what happened in the war in the last 6 months, 100 years ago. I strongly recommend people to watch the channel.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-05-06 at 23:25.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote