AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-02-25, 13:16   Link #1
foxbox360
New Age Badass
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Pokémon sun/moon version

The name of the new Pokémon, more to come this Friday on nintendo direct.




http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...-europe/.99082
__________________
Mecha need to evolve!!!!!
foxbox360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 13:51   Link #2
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 25
I can hear the trumpets already.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 14:19   Link #3
Going Seafoam
Lolimancer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
This could be fake, just saying. Gray and Delta Emerald were "trademarked" before and we know how that turned out.
Going Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 15:06   Link #4
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
So what's next? Planets?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 15:30   Link #5
Going Seafoam
Lolimancer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
I take it back pokemon-sunmoon.com
Looks like it's registered by Nintendo.
Going Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 16:50   Link #6
Alpha Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Masuda tweeted a photo of the Moon. He also says "the Sun is still bright" *laughs*
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 17:08   Link #7
Going Seafoam
Lolimancer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
As if there wasn't enough evidence, for those who don't want to do it, here's some info on that website.
Going Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 17:20   Link #8
serenade_beta
Spring '16 Quality
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_...227/index.html
Pokemon Direct for the Japanese 3DS on the 27th

Thanks to Monster Hunter and Stella Glow and Fire Emblem, I ended up never getting the Ruby/Sapphire remake... If they cut down or remove the Mega evolution, I'd be so happy, but...
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:04   Link #9
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
^You do know you are not forced to use Mega Evolution, right? Heck, I use my Lucario (without Mega Evolving) to defeat other Megas.

Anyways, I might die during the direct while (possibly) watching the trailer.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:12   Link #10
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 30
I'll keep an eye out, but Pokemon's been dead to me since Black/White. X/Y had a chance to pull me back with a clean slate, but the Pokebank killed it.

We'll see how things go.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:16   Link #11
Going Seafoam
Lolimancer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
I'm personally more interested in whether this will still be 6th gen or not. There's quite a few loose ends with 6th gen for them to start a new one, especially with Nintendo's new console hybrid thing coming out soon.
Going Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:23   Link #12
serenade_beta
Spring '16 Quality
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^You do know you are not forced to use Mega Evolution, right? Heck, I use my Lucario (without Mega Evolving) to defeat other Megas.

Anyways, I might die during the direct while (possibly) watching the trailer.
Unfortunately, there isn't an option to ban Megas online. (And no, I don't do Smogon or whatever)
It's especially bad because some Pokemon get stronger and it keeps on inflating. And because of that, weaker Pokemon like Beautifly become harder and harder to use. So I'm hoping for some well-needed deflation in the next game, but...
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:51   Link #13
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Unfortunately, there isn't an option to ban Megas online. (And no, I don't do Smogon or whatever)
It's especially bad because some Pokemon get stronger and it keeps on inflating. And because of that, weaker Pokemon like Beautifly become harder and harder to use. So I'm hoping for some well-needed deflation in the next game, but...
I don't use smogon either, if I do check on it it's just to see what are the best stats of a Pokémon I want to try using and I still win Battle Spot matches, the problem in battles online isn't the Mega Evolutions but the copy/paste teams made up of clearly superior (or outright broken) Pokémon like Kangaskhan, if anything blame Nintendo (and GameFreak) for allowing people to exploit them the way they do and not making their own tiering system to balance the overall meta for wifi battles (one of the reasons I like smogon for).
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 20:14   Link #14
serenade_beta
Spring '16 Quality
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I don't use smogon either, if I do check on it it's just to see what are the best stats of a Pokémon I want to try using and I still win Battle Spot matches, the problem in battles online isn't the Mega Evolutions but the copy/paste teams made up of clearly superior (or outright broken) Pokémon like Kangaskhan, if anything blame Nintendo (and GameFreak) for allowing people to exploit them the way they do and not making their own tiering system to balance the overall meta for wifi battles (one of the reasons I like smogon for).
Meh, that's people for you. Shiek, Shadolls, Cloyster, running Earth deck... No matter what game you go to, that's people for you.
Of course you have games like Kid Icarus with good balance where popular weapons change over time without any type of patching, but it's hard.

One of the reasons I loved using unique movesets. People only expect the common (can't blame them), so it really has tasty results.
Togekiss' Tri Attack freezing a Magnezone coming in against Air Slash
Life Orb Double Edge Porygon 2 sweeping after a Trick Room
Shedinja using HP Fire on a Ferrothorn that came in to accept a physical attack
Using a Regi team
Man, those fun days. And of course, I bred everything or grinded for them. The satisfaction of getting a good XD Pokemon!
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 20:28   Link #15
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Unfortunately, there isn't an option to ban Megas online. (And no, I don't do Smogon or whatever)
It's especially bad because some Pokemon get stronger and it keeps on inflating. And because of that, weaker Pokemon like Beautifly become harder and harder to use. So I'm hoping for some well-needed deflation in the next game, but...
So basically you hate it because your favorite Pokémon are weak?

Because the entire idea behind Mega Evolution was to give life to older favorites.

Charizard was unusable before Mega Evolution, and so was Kangaskhan.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 21:01   Link #16
Akashin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I'm personally more interested in whether this will still be 6th gen or not. There's quite a few loose ends with 6th gen for them to start a new one, especially with Nintendo's new console hybrid thing coming out soon.
Yeah, that seems to be the big question here. Continuing Gen VI under entirely different game titles sounds odd (at least it does under the assumption that these games would be standing in for the obligatory third version), but then, so does moving on to Gen VII and leaving Zygarde--and possibly Ash Greninja--in the dust.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 21:06   Link #17
Going Seafoam
Lolimancer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Yeah, that seems to be the big question here. Continuing Gen VI under entirely different game titles sounds odd (at least it does under the assumption that these games would be standing in for the obligatory third version), but then, so does moving on to Gen VII and leaving Zygarde--and possibly Ash Greninja--in the dust.
Well Gamefreak has proven they're quite unpredictable and that there is in fact no pattern, after BW2, so maybe we'll get Sun/Moon and also Z later on.
Going Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 22:00   Link #18
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Me waiting for the Pokemon Direct 12 hours from now...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 22:46   Link #19
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I'm personally more interested in whether this will still be 6th gen or not. There's quite a few loose ends with 6th gen for them to start a new one, especially with Nintendo's new console hybrid thing coming out soon.
I think barring this being a Red Sun/ Blue Moon (the logos have the right color scheme for that), it is likely the next gen.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 23:38   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 27
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.