AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-13, 08:12   Link #421
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Considering that this episode just killed off 2 of the girls, i think most people would be hesitate at this point. Godamnit I was just warming up to Junko as well....

Also, I agree the true despair is gathering strength to accuse someone you really like from this bunch. The feeling of "but I want to trust you!!!!" is the worst feeling ever.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:05   Link #422
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Why wouldn't they know more? We see them poking around in the room during the montage, and Naegi is hardly a master detective. Which is actually more than they ever did in the game. It makes it feel more like they care about their own life instead of sitting in the cafeteria waiting for you to talk to them so they can tell you what they witnessed.
Because suggesting that they know everything not found by the protagonist contradicts what you just said below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The other things you suggest would involve taking the perspective away from Naegi. Which isn't really plausible in a mystery because you're supposed to start out suspecting everyone. Did you even think about that part at all? Naegi is the only one we know for sure is innocent because we're privy to his thoughts (unless he's schizophrenic or something).
Everyone but Naegi is a potential suspect, yet when the trial comes around, we're supposed to trust whatever evidence they present? Keep in mind that the culprit who has reason to lie and falsify evidence is also participating on equal ground with the rest of them. How can the audience determine what was actually found or not during the investigation if the investigation didn't show anything?


I'm all for giving the rest of the cast more significant roles in the trial, but I don't see how that suggests excluding clues, then assuming said clues are still there. It makes no sense in a mystery narrative.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:18   Link #423
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Just to throw it out there, but are they actuall in the academy not some random facilities? With all those windows sealed up I doubt any can confirm of their location other than trusting the bear.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:20   Link #424
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Just to throw it out there, but are they actuall in the academy not some random facilities? With all those windows sealed up I doubt any can confirm of their location other than trusting the bear.
You'll find out eventually.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:31   Link #425
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Cutting is only an issue if you do it incorrectly. They've cut out all the important bits and then moved on to the trial because they seem to think it's the main event when it very clearly is not.

It's really very simple. To do it correctly you weigh the amount of time spent on the clues or trial based on the case itself. You know, like any reasonable studio would do. Include the relevant and entertaining information. If you have to go barebones, you choose the best material available to you. The fact that they seem to think that the trial is their best material is strange. I'm not the only one who thinks that either. Imagine if you filmed "The Hunt for Red October" and took out all of the conversation about Sean Connery's character. Or if you fast-forwarded to the end of an episode of Detective Conan so all you see is: "SHE USED THE WIRE AND IT CUT HIS HEAD OFF ON THE TRAIN! JAAAAIIIIL!" No matter how dramatic or entertaining the trial may be, it's not exactly worth watching if all you see is the end result.

Keep in mind, I haven't even brought CSI into the equation. CSI pushes back the endgame to an extreme compared to these Japanese murder mysteries.

No matter how I look at it, shifting focus onto the trial doesn't make sense. Like I've said, if they continue to do this throughout the anime they'll be sorely disappointed in its results.
So basically you're not answering my question. What should they have cut out? Be specific. Don't just say "they should have chosen better" without indicating specific scenes. By doing so you're simply being unreasonable.

Now, this is just speculation, but are you saying they should have rewritten the story entirely? Cut out certain aspects of the murder and their associated clues to focus on the others? Cut out character development? Cut out the trial? Honestly, the best option I can see would to have been to cut out some of the murders entirely, although in that case they probably should have had fewer characters. Because as it is we don't really care about the characters at all? Everything's going by so fast that even the most blatant clue is overlooked simply because most of the viewers don't know all the characters. And why should they? They've already cut so much.

So what are we throwing away? Get rid of the entire model character and her death scene? The motivation discs might actually have been a good choice. Oh wait, I think you're actually saying we don't need the trial scene? Cut out all the debate and just have investigation -> accusation immediately? Might as well cut out Naegi cause honestly we don't need him if that's the case. Just have Kirigiri tell everyone the culprit right now. Is that really what you want? I'm wondering if you've actually played the game because it's blatantly obvious that the trials are the entire point of everything. Heck, it's not like even give you all the evidence ahead of time anyway. The trial is the process, not just the result. All the clues are presented and discussed in detail. It's a debate, with characters showing who they are. It's literally the entire point of the game. Cut that out and you might as well not animate this at all.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 10:14   Link #426
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Because suggesting that they know everything not found by the protagonist contradicts what you just said below:
Despite his claim he's actually quite incorrect. It should go without saying at this point that the other characters do investigate as well to some degree. That was shown here.

Quote:
Everyone but Naegi is a potential suspect, yet when the trial comes around, we're supposed to trust whatever evidence they present? Keep in mind that the culprit who has reason to lie and falsify evidence is also participating on equal ground with the rest of them. How can the audience determine what was actually found or not during the investigation if the investigation didn't show anything?
This is agreeable. For the most part the investigation process is not just finding clues, but also discussing with other students prior to the trial. In fact, viewers already know that one of the characters knows more about the case than they've let on. Kyouko told Naegi that he would need to find out for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
*snip*
I don't write long comments with corroborating information from other precedents in the genre so they can be ignored by responders and followed up with poor attempts at being snarky. Next time, please actually read what I've written before you type in your reply.

In the interest of fun though, I'll entertain this a bit.

I did tell you what I would see cut. That was presented quite clearly in the second sentence of paragraph two. There shouldn't be a need for me to enter into specifics because it would be against the rules, and just as well you claim to be familiar with the game so providing you with this kind of information should be more than enough. Honestly, after that first bit it turns into a rant and rave on that premise about how I would see everything done into oblivion and that they might as well not adapt it at all, and several things that are clearly intended to be humorous as they make no sense. I will say though that you are correct; the trial is indeed part of the process which is why I said that each arc needs to have its time balanced between the trial process and the investigation, and in a way that is appropriate when compared to the game. For example, I would expect something akin to a 50/50 split for this arc with Maizono, as that accurately reflects the time allotment in the game. I thought that, maybe, it would be confusing for you if I didn't elaborate like I just have.

Though you're completely right about my opinion. They shouldn't have adapted this at all. As it's been said time and time again by others who have played the game, and are familiar with the rocky process that is anime adaptations, 13 episodes is not enough. I suspect you gleaning that wasn't intentional, though.

Frankly, I maintain that I have to reserve judgement until the next episode when the trial is held and almost certainly concluded.
__________________

Last edited by Traece; 2013-07-13 at 10:30. Reason: I decided to be a bit generous, I guess. Really generous...
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 10:32   Link #427
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Looks like the mind games have begun.
Naegi seems a bit too gullible.
So the first victim is found.
Wonder who the killer is?
Things are not as simple as Monobear lead us to think.
Guess there are a whole bunch of scary rules.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:19   Link #428
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I personally feel inclined to leave this topic alone. People appear to be speculating at an insane rate, making it hard to tell whether they actually are anime-only viewers or gamers 'in disguise'. Also, people seem to think it's okay to talk about things that haven't been mentioned in the anime yet at all when they might still be mentioned later.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:31   Link #429
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Nice twist with Maizono being the first victim. Just when Naegi had gained a source of motivation for getting through this nightmare (i.e. protecting Maizono), it is shortly snapped away from him. Great way to keep the male lead on his toes, and us viewers by extension.

The pacing does seem a bit rushed though. I would have liked a bit more crime scene investigation.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:32   Link #430
Trogdor Jube
Surprise buttsecks?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In the Ca to the Na to the Da
Age: 29
One thing that the anime hasn't explained that I feel NEEDS to be said is that
The rooms are completely sound proof
__________________
Trogdor Jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:04   Link #431
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I personally feel inclined to leave this topic alone. People appear to be speculating at an insane rate, making it hard to tell whether they actually are anime-only viewers or gamers 'in disguise'. Also, people seem to think it's okay to talk about things that haven't been mentioned in the anime yet at all when they might still be mentioned later.
Well, i understand...

But our dear mod already wrote all the clue
if he didnt wrote it, maybe this forum will like in MAL and my country forum. read their post one by one made me thinking "da fuq? i dont know dat sooo many people lack of imagination so much... even only very few of them solve 11037 which is vey easy..."
But then i realize something so important... this anime lack of developtment so much, and dat investigation pace is insane...
no one could speculate anything other than the obvious clue without testimony from all other student like
"the culprit is leon! Look at 11037 code"
"the culprit is yamada! He js the janitor" (well someone told this in some forum)
"the culprit is hagakure! He is the owner of crystal ball!"
"the culprit is togami! there are burned sleeve in burner and we cant see togami's sleeve!"
"the culprit is maizono! She suicide" (of course many people will said this because they cut many dialouge with maizono)

And so on...
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:09   Link #432
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The thread will now be locked.
I'm going to displace all anime viewers speculation in the appropriate thread.
Likewise, gamers specific comments about some potential issues will be moved to another thread as well.

EDIT: done

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-13 at 13:04.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:19   Link #433
Jerseykid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
They are dropping like flies! I wanted naegi to get some loving from that one girl, this is terrible.

I deleted the first time because you said, the thread willl now be locked, that's why i posted the other place

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2013-07-13 at 13:31.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 14:59   Link #434
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
By the way, who else lol'd at Monokuma doing the sexy dance in the OP?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 17:22   Link #435
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, who else lol'd at Monokuma doing the sexy dance in the OP?
I was focusing more on the songs (OP and ED) - to quote one of my friends for the OP, "THE OPENING HAS ENGLISH AND IT'S NOT HORRIBLE ENGRISH PRONOUNCIATION".

Love both songs (says it all that I have them on repeat )
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 17:24   Link #436
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
to be really honest, I would have been fine without the unfitting rap thrown in the OP. I think the original OP (like in ep1) or a completely original song would have been much better.
That said, I just don't get the huge backlash the ED has with Japanese audience. I heard the performers are amateurs from niconico, but it didn't sound that bad to me.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 17:36   Link #437
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, who else lol'd at Monokuma doing the sexy dance in the OP?
That was funny.

And I liked the rap in the OP. The lyrics honestly fit this anime very well, imo!

I tend to like the JPop in most anime OPs/EDs, but it's nice to have a change every now and then. This was a good change.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 17:39   Link #438
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, who else lol'd at Monokuma doing the sexy dance in the OP?
I'm still waiting for someone to make a gif of that.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 17:49   Link #439
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The woman-singing part in the OP is addicting.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 17:52   Link #440
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
The rap engrish was surprisingly good, but I still just couldn't get over the 'Beat the twisted evil things' line.
Crashmaking Zoomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.