AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-13, 18:03   Link #441
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:03   Link #442
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
to be really honest, I would have been fine without the unfitting rap thrown in the OP. I think the original OP (like in ep1) or a completely original song would have been much better.
That said, I just don't get the huge backlash the ED has with Japanese audience. I heard the performers are amateurs from niconico, but it didn't sound that bad to me.
That surprises me - quite a good number of anime artists in Japan started on niconico or youtube if I recall correctly.

Choucho, HIMEKA, nano, Nagi Yannagi (with and without supercell), PIKO...the list goes on. Seems odd that they would suddenly turn on another artist that has come from the same route.

The ED (art and music) reminds me of Scott Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
I'm not sure whether to thank you on bop you on the head for providing that.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:24   Link #443
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jogja
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The blood was pink even in the game.
at least they can change it for the anime
I hope there is an option for blood color for the BD release
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
to be really honest, I would have been fine without the unfitting rap thrown in the OP. I think the original OP (like in ep1) or a completely original song would have been much better.
That said, I just don't get the huge backlash the ED has with Japanese audience. I heard the performers are amateurs from niconico, but it didn't sound that bad to me.
2ch just hate niconico singer
that's all
__________________
Wedang Jahe Kalengan, teman anda melewati malam yang dingin dan sepi!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:36   Link #444
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I found the pink blood to be rather stylistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
YES!
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:38   Link #445
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
at least they can change it for the anime
I hope there is an option for blood color for the BD release
It is very unlikely. They sort of kept that color so that the anime stays true to the game.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:44   Link #446
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post

Upupupupu~


And yeah, I like the pink blood, too. It may be a form of censorship, but I think it's more than fitting for the "psycho pop" image the series has.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:46   Link #447
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And yeah, I like the pink blood, too. It may be a form of censorship, but I think it's more than fitting for the "psycho pop" image the series has.
Honestly, as much as I thought the pink blood would bother me it quickly grew on me. It was rather strange, being an American, to see blood censorship of that sort. It's as you've said though, the blood fits well with the theme.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:48   Link #448
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Feel the "hope"!
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:51   Link #449
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
at least they can change it for the anime
I hope there is an option for blood color for the BD release
The blood was pink out of necessity to keep the rating under 18+, and after the game being out for 2+ years (in Japan) people have long accepted the pink blood as part of the charm for the series. It's not changing, and if you're here for the gore you're watching the wrong show.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:56   Link #450
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
What I take from the pink blood is that the show is about the murder mysteries not the murders themselves. In other words, this show's main appeal is *not* gore.

In that respect, I find the pink blood effective.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:03   Link #451
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I find it rather hilarious that you can evande censors just by changing the color.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:05   Link #452
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I find it rather hilarious that you can evande censors just by changing the color.
When I look at how little h-manga censor genitals, I sometimes think censorship is really nothing more than a formality.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:14   Link #453
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I find it rather hilarious that you can evande censors just by changing the color.
Actually they did more than change the color of blood in Danganronpa.

You see, it's actually liquid cotton candy. When a student dies they ooze pure sugary goodness. I hear Monokuma reconstitutes it into the donuts.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:46   Link #454
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
I remember someone in the SA LP thread of the game took the scene and changed the blood to its normal color. It didn't look as good as the one with pink blood.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 23:04   Link #455
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I just am getting a huge headache with that monokuma animation ugh....
But the music is nice though...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:25   Link #456
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
I remember someone in the SA LP thread of the game took the scene and changed the blood to its normal color. It didn't look as good as the one with pink blood.
Well I've seen Junko one with red blood.

Nope.jpg

Quote:
That said, I just don't get the huge backlash the ED has with Japanese audience. I heard the performers are amateurs from niconico, but it didn't sound that bad to me.
Maybe because it doesn't sound fitting? Also it could probably because of really vocal complainers at first and turns out to be some sort of meme at the end. I don't really like it either though.. but that's just me.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 01:33   Link #457
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Ugg!!!! What utter CRAP of an anime! Just plain stupid! I am going to this elite school... Family possibly killed and nobody wonders where the son or daughter is and don't contact them! Going to an elite school everyone would know so common sense would say the police would be going to report that your family was killed.. or if that is all fake than your family would be reporting they have not heard from you and can not contact you!

Common sense would of been to say to the group we are prisoners but we are not an EVIL SICK TWISTED MURDERER as this person who hides behind a remote bear. Soon or later police will come to investigate so we just need to wait it out and let's continue to work at finding a way out of this shit hole.

This is just so stupid it reminds me of Hollywood Shit Drama but 100x worse!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 01:39   Link #458
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ugg!!!! What utter CRAP of an anime! Just plain stupid! I am going to this elite school... Family possibly killed and nobody wonders where the son or daughter is and don't contact them! Going to an elite school everyone would know so common sense would say the police would be going to report that your family was killed.. or if that is all fake than your family would be reporting they have not heard from you and can not contact you!

Common sense would of been to say to the group we are prisoners but we are not an EVIL SICK TWISTED MURDERER as this person who hides behind a remote bear. Soon or later police will come to investigate so we just need to wait it out and let's continue to work at finding a way out of this shit hole.

This is just so stupid it reminds me of Hollywood Shit Drama but 100x worse!
I don't know how to tell you this, but... All of these complaints have been explained away already in dialogue. Plus it should be pretty obvious from the get-go that things aren't that simple. If you're seriously expecting them to make a game like this and not account for the whole "police" issue you are a very confusing person.

Besides, you want the police to show up right off the bat, free the students, and have it end right there?

Edit: I took a moment to verify that it was in fact explained in episode one. It was indeed mentioned (if, admittedly, to a lesser degree than in the actual game). Still, it was mentioned sufficiently enough.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 02:18   Link #459
Nayim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malaysia
Hooray Sub forum!
__________________
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 02:21   Link #460
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Yes, Hooray indeed! Let's divert all episode related discussion to their designated episode discussion threads. Thanks.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.