AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-18, 17:12   Link #501
melina_putri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oh I guess I forgot about that.

So... I'd recommend -against- reading the manga. Because it will spoil everything.
Actually there are 2 versions of the manga, the first one is called デビルサバイバー2 -Show Your Free Will- and the second one is called DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 the ANIMATION.

The anime has same story with the second one, though after next week episode the anime will surpassed the manga version in terms of story progression.

The first one seems to follow the game story.

Last edited by melina_putri; 2013-04-18 at 17:23.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 17:25   Link #502
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oh wow
Spoiler for out of respect for those who haven't seen it yet:
From the sound of it, it seems like the gamers are the ones more likely to be shocked by this twist. As somebody who has never played the game, I had no idea Keita was supposed to be a main character so I figured he was going to kick the bucket as soon as they showed the dead face clip. Wasn't surprised when it happened.

Not sure how big the party is in the game, but it's probably a good idea to trim down their numbers in the anime. Better to focus on the core group of characters. They can't possibly develop everybody in only 12 episodes.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 18:38   Link #503
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Luckily we'd already seen Airi punching Jungo in the PV. They better be safe

Also how could you not know that Keita is one of the main characters when he appeared in the OP and ED ?
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:01   Link #504
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Also how could you not know that Keita is one of the main characters when he appeared in the OP and ED ?
The OP, maybe. The ED, look again...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:13   Link #505
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Personally, I particularly didn't care for Keita in this episode or the game, so his death doesn't have that much emotional impact for me. It is nice to see that anything goes... for better or worse.

In the game, the only reason I kept him alive is because it's my policy to recruit everyone and keep them alive... and you need everyone alive for a certain ending.


Also, more Io being useless? Why? Is there a reason why they can make Hinako and Keita fight but not her?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-04-18 at 19:45.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:51   Link #506
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Personally, I particularly didn't care for Keita in this episode or the game, so his death doesn't have that much emotional impact for me. It is nice to see that anything goes... for better or worse.

In the game, the only reason I kept him alive is because it's my policy to recruit everyone and keep them alive... and you need everyone alive for a certain ending.


Also, more Io being useless? Why? Is there a reason why they can make Hinako and Keita fight but not her?
Well Daichi was pretty useless in this episode too. Someone has to be the moe female for the show. Maybe, she'll die when Airi comes on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The OP, maybe. The ED, look again...
Now we know why there are spaces between the character still images.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:11   Link #507
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well Daichi was pretty useless in this episode too. Someone has to be the moe female for the show. Maybe, she'll die when Airi comes on board.
Bullshit. A character can be both cute and competent at the same time. How the hell does what you say justify the way they wrote Io's character? At least Daichi got to rescue Fumi.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:22   Link #508
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sendai, Japan
Age: 28
So one down, huh?
Ironically, he appeared in the ED of the episodes he didn't actually appear, and got removed when he finally showed up.
Short-lived character is short-lived

I don't know how Hibiki pinpointed where the cracker was (btw magical hacking lol ).
Unless I miss something, I fail to see the connection between the place Keita died and the place where the culprit was hiding.

So there are two types of demons. The stray demons coming from the cellphones of dead summoners, and independent ones who I guess to be the invaders from other world. The demon in this episode can talk and control people. It seems that he wants to break down the barrier so a full-scale invasion can begin.

Yamata remains ambiguous while the mysterious guys said something like he was working with them in order to test humanity. Crappy reasons, but we will see.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:16   Link #509
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I was spoiled for the death before watching the episode but I think if I had not been spoiled I would not have expected it. Keita seemed like he was a set up for a new supporting character.

Unfortunately since he got absolutely no character development at all his death had pretty much no impact on me.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:58   Link #510
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Think the key here is desensitisation. We haven't been to primed to a mentality of "we must, will, have to save everyone". The fact that others died gave us a feeling of "oh so people do die" which means less shock when Keita just suddenly deceased.

Be glad that you even get to know him. In the game he just dropped dead even before you get to see him in battle
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 23:09   Link #511
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Be glad that you even get to know him. In the game he just dropped dead even before you get to see him in battle
This is false.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 23:12   Link #512
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I'm not liking the direction they're taking with Makoto. It's like they're purposely trying to make her darker to try and justify the anti-JP faction and their crazy antics from their crazy leader/followers.

Changing her for the worse instead of actually making those maniacs better people that can be understood is pathetic.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:50   Link #513
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Unfortunately since he got absolutely no character development at all his death had pretty much no impact on me.
Not even in an "Oh shit, shit just got real, anyone can die." kind of way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This is false.
..No it's not.
Spoiler for game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Changing her for the worse instead of actually making those maniacs better people that can be understood is pathetic.
From my perspective, JP's were the maniacs. But lets save this discussion for when it's actually relevant.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:19   Link #514
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
You know, it's really better to save this subject for when it actually becomes relevant.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 05:27   Link #515
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
hmm, not going to dig further into this argument atm, but at least Ronaldo got Kiritsugu's VA.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 05:33   Link #516
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I've not played the game. But it sounds as if the anime is careening straight into a bad end. And it seems that based on the next episode preview, it wouldn't be a single toilet's worth of human refuse that hits the fan, but the sewer hitting the jet engine.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 05:51   Link #517
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Enough talk about the game and other outside material. The discussion is heading dangerously into full blown spoiler territory. We don't mind comparisons to things that have already happened, but do it under tags. Don't spoil future events no matter how unhappy you are with the changes in the anime.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 07:52   Link #518
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trendy Backwater
Age: 28
I think it's very hard to tell from just episode 3. Keita's death was certainly out of nowhere. In that early stage of the game, no characters were fully developed yet except Daichi, I see not much difference between Makoto in anime or in game. And considering the possibility of the anime that few of the characters are going to die, I don't think it will be that limited in terms of sufficient time for character development. I have a feeling or many people might already think, I don't think so many female characters will be killed off for some reason.

So far this episode had the best action sequence. For some reason, previous action sequences were not that satisfying maybe because it was short or the main character was way overpowered in the beginning. I hope the next septentrion is not weak as the Dubhe and actually make some sort of impact.
__________________
Enthusiastic Slice of Life Guy
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 08:39   Link #519
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thank heavens I haven't played the game and don't intend to.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 08:44   Link #520
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Just curious, do you like or dislike the anime?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atlus, devil_survivor, index, persona

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.