AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2011-03-19, 06:08   Link #1061
Elestia

How I assassinate harder?

Even mighty ogres turn into bloody gibs.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 08:13   Link #1062
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Apparently Bioware hired retards into their team when redesigning the rogue mechanics.

I realised that rogues can no longer hit, stealth, run and repeat that process again instantaneously. There is no casting time on stealth, so why do I have to wait for the animation to kick in before I can evade someone?

Seriously. Bring back the old staff. Those new nuts are screwing up the rogue class real bad.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 12:17   Link #1063
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

did you curse the mob? Upgraded petrify also comes with a small damage reduction for the mob. You also need to drink a mighty offense potion =D.

tbh I dont think bioware spent that much time on game balance - maybe they think no one really cares about balance in a single player game. However instant stealth to avoid damage seem too OPed .
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 12:24   Link #1064
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
one thing that annoys the hell out of me, exploding bodies... was this supose to replace the finishers? and where the HELL is the fire demon arm finisher?

just like DAO's glowing warden eyes...
Old 2011-03-19, 12:53   Link #1065
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Demon arm finisher is cutscene material, not an actual move. It shows up whenever you beat a boss that ends with a cutscene with your mage. You should have seen it several times throughout your playthrough (the first time is during Varic's exageration sequence).

Warriors and rogues do something fancy with their blades, mages go demon arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
tbh I dont think bioware spent that much time on game balance - maybe they think no one really cares about balance in a single player game. However instant stealth to avoid damage seem too OPed .
Bioware has always been known for their incredibly imbalanced games. The KotoR series were pretty much 'dual wield lightsabers or bust' since two lightsabers meant twice the crystals, Mass Effect could let you fire a properly upgraded assault rifle limitlessly with no accuracy reduction and Dragon Age had mages.
Old 2011-03-19, 12:55   Link #1066
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

nope, my mage just used some blue light and the ogre exploded...
Old 2011-03-19, 12:58   Link #1067
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

Could you list your attributes? It's not easy finding good builds to really kick ass with.
I put most points in Dex and Cunning but even then can't I kick proper ass :/
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:34   Link #1068
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
one thing that annoys the hell out of me, exploding bodies... was this supose to replace the finishers? and where the HELL is the fire demon arm finisher?

just like DAO's glowing warden eyes...
In place of flashy finishers mages get to see themselves play DDR in combat.

I am trying to figure out how my toothpick sized dagger can make an enemy explode like a bomb.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:59   Link #1069
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm playing a rogue on my second playthrough, and they totally rock. Assassinate is the best skill ever, major damage on bosses. I'm playing on nightmare this time around, and just have my rogue shadow around the battlefield. Awesome sauce.
Old 2011-03-19, 14:47   Link #1070
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
nope, my mage just used some blue light and the ogre exploded...
*rewatches some youtube gameplay* Nope, definitely the demon arm finisher. Not as flashy as the cinematic, but then that's to be expected.
Old 2011-03-19, 15:08   Link #1071
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

grrr. linkme this video please and i need to see why my champ did some blue magic FORCE stuff instead.
Old 2011-03-19, 15:14   Link #1072
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Apparently Bioware hired retards into their team when redesigning the rogue mechanics.

I realised that rogues can no longer hit, stealth, run and repeat that process again instantaneously. There is no casting time on stealth, so why do I have to wait for the animation to kick in before I can evade someone?

Seriously. Bring back the old staff. Those new nuts are screwing up the rogue class real bad.
I for one love the lack of relying on a stealth mechanic for a rogue. This isn't world of snorecraft, and rogues aren't supposed to be mages. How do they turn invisible in broad daylight?

Rogues are just street fighters with light armor. Shadow is more about threat control than stealth, really.

They aren't the Predator.
Old 2011-03-19, 18:41   Link #1073
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I for one love the lack of relying on a stealth mechanic for a rogue. This isn't world of snorecraft, and rogues aren't supposed to be mages. How do they turn invisible in broad daylight?

Rogues are just street fighters with light armor. Shadow is more about threat control than stealth, really.

They aren't the Predator.
The high defence is useless against mages, bigger monsters and 2h warriors. They don't even have enough armor to shrug off the damage when the hit connects (which often results in 2-3 hit kills for my poor rogue), and defence is ENTIRELY USELESS against AOE skills used by the enemy - you need armor to absorb the damage, plus the goddamn evade skill requires the upgrade to be useful actually from ranged enemies.

The stealth mechanic is supposed to give a chance and opening to pot. And setting 30s for the next pot is completely retarded instead of the usual 10s in DAO, the potions don't even heal enough on Aveline or Fenris for them to tank.

It is really difficult to go Duelist Rogue without Assasination or Ranged weapons. Subterfuge skills aren't even worth learning, I had to backtrack around 10 saves to unlearn all the skills there because my tanks can't even live on the damage directed to her (Aveline).

The developers need to do more math and less mechanic improvisation. What use is it of cool moves when the characters don't survive long enough?

And the dumbest thing is the companion armor. Why can't we dress our companions in whatever we want? Why the damn default armor with the useless upgrades that don't even do anything at all?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-19, 18:53   Link #1074
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The high defence is useless against mages, bigger monsters and 2h warriors. They don't even have enough armor to shrug off the damage when the hit connects (which often results in 2-3 hit kills for my poor rogue), and defence is ENTIRELY USELESS against AOE skills used by the enemy - you need armor to absorb the damage, plus the goddamn evade skill requires the upgrade to be useful actually from ranged enemies.

The stealth mechanic is supposed to give a chance and opening to pot. And setting 30s for the next pot is completely retarded instead of the usual 10s in DAO, the potions don't even heal enough on Aveline or Fenris for them to tank.

It is really difficult to go Duelist Rogue without Assasination or Ranged weapons. Subterfuge skills aren't even worth learning, I had to backtrack around 10 saves to unlearn all the skills there because my tanks can't even live on the damage directed to her (Aveline).

The developers need to do more math and less mechanic improvisation. What use is it of cool moves when the characters don't survive long enough?

And the dumbest thing is the companion armor. Why can't we dress our companions in whatever we want? Why the damn default armor with the useless upgrades that don't even do anything at all?
well it says in the loading screens that the companions chose to wear what they want to wear.
Old 2011-03-19, 18:58   Link #1075
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I don't have much trouble keeping rogue-Hawke alive. Enemy mages--especially Sarebaas in Act II--are the problem when I do not notice them, they do that explody-lightning thing that usually kills Hawke and leaves anyone else but Merrill and Aveline nearly dead.

I have never liked the stealth mechanic in most RPGs. It just seems far too arbitrary. If I'm going to care about stealth, it needs to be in a game where stealth is dependent upon actually finding shadows and hiding places and using the environment to remain hidden. Not just rolling the virtual dice.
Old 2011-03-19, 21:53   Link #1076
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Well I am not a head on person, and the game mechanics are driving me crazy.

Spoiler for Unexpected:

Spoiler for NSFW:

Old 2011-03-19, 22:07   Link #1077
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
grrr. linkme this video please and i need to see why my champ did some blue magic FORCE stuff instead.
Here you go.
Old 2011-03-19, 22:16   Link #1078
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Spoiler for spoilers:

Old 2011-03-19, 22:22   Link #1079
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well... something like that.
Old 2011-03-19, 22:30   Link #1080
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Magical version of something like that. You'll see...

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360