AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-10, 19:43   Link #2041
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
I guess it's not too surprising. I certainly wouldn't donate to their "song", but I can see others doing so. And seeing as how the ARUS is now about a third of Earth and space territory, and that JIOR can't donate thanks to their Dorssian overlords, I guess I can see them making that amount of money.

Does anyone think that Dorssia and their hacking them (which I'm guessing is probably led by X-eins) will try to hack into Sakemori's systems and drain them of money and/or try to get their systems and security to fail?

It would be a pretty good tactical move on their part as it's obvious that they don't care about Shoko's blackmail scheme since they attack next episode.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:01   Link #2042
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 23
Huh. This is surprisingly upbeat compared to how it started. It was sort of a cheesy episode, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was bad. All in all it was decent, despite nothing really happening.

I figured as soon as things looked bleak the class president would be the first to rebel. Her and clan of cunts need to be shot. Regardless of her not wearing any panties, which is strangely kinky.

Shouko once again shows how fantastic she is, even through fighting she's still extremely nice and tries to keep positive.

When I originally saw that otaku guy, I figured he'd be the first to go bat-sh*t crazy and betray everyone. He really pulled through.

And finally we get to the kiss. Saki made a move surprisingly early. I kind of suspected she'd keep her distance with her feelings because she knew he liked Shouko. Love triangle immanent.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:05   Link #2043
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Regardless of her not wearing any panties, which is strangely kinky.
I'd like to know what the heck was going on there. They were all outside of the school, Saki is brawling with the VP, Haruto steps in, and then suddenly the power comes on and... Haruto is half-dressed in a dinosaur suit with the horn pointed toward the VP, and everyone's in a classroom? Whaaaaat.

I'll admit that I had a ton of glare on my screen when those scenes were unfolding and I could barely see a thing, but it seemed incredibly random.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:24   Link #2044
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Here's another question. If Dorssia's capital is where the current Vatican is, does that mean that Italy and Vatican City is also part of Dorssia despite the map showing them as part of the ARUS in episode 4? (I highly doubt that Dorssia would take over only Vatican City and not the surrounding Italy as well.) Was it an animation error? Or is this Dorssia's copy that they rebuilt to look exactly like St. Peter's (minus the statues which I guess they tore down)?




__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:03   Link #2045
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Nah, just can't see Shouko die, not after her fake death. Even 'Spirit Form Shouko' doesn't scare me, as it looks too much like the naked Shouko/Saki bits of the OP.

Bigger question now is if the green Valvrave is another unit, because if it is, Saki will most probably be a pilot. And she'll have an advantage in that she'll be the same vampire race as Haruto, while Shouko is just plain human. She also drew first blood with that stolen kiss, so definitely is a contender.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
No offence Shoko lovers but:

Shoko was really annoying this episode. That plan of hers was rubish.
Well, they did earn 250 mil yen. If you know of such 'rubbish' plan that can earn that much dough, I'm all ears.

Of course, them having that much money is kind of pointless, since they can use anything and everything within the module without cost, but that's besides the point.

Like seriously, who are they gonna buy stuff from? XD


Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I like Haruto and Shouko together because they have chemistry and they're cute together, and I like seeing cute characters getting a happy end together.

But let's face it: Haruto and L-Elf are meant to be. The women around them (and A-Drei, the vengeful ex) may distract them for a while, but in the end they'll realize that they belong together.
Lol, you sound like my real life fujoshi friends, where their het ship is HarutoXShouko. Of course, I gotta put up with their HarutoXL-Elf goggles, but fortunately a couple of them prefer L-ElfXA-Drei. XD
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:35   Link #2046
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Here's another question. If Dorssia's capital is where the current Vatican is, does that mean that Italy and Vatican City is also part of Dorssia despite the map showing them as part of the ARUS in episode 4? (I highly doubt that Dorssia would take over only Vatican City and not the surrounding Italy as well.) Was it an animation error? Or is this Dorssia's copy that they rebuilt to look exactly like St. Peter's (minus the statues which I guess they tore down)?




It is not identical. So no it isn't the Vatican.

We don't know how far off the future the setting is. The technology is a mix of current tech which is too old for people who are able to create artificial suns.

My guess somebody (aliens) is feeding humanity technology. The question is why?

As noted by the spy teacher humanity can't build the Valvrave.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:35   Link #2047
battleengine
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Nah, just can't see Shouko die, not after her fake death. Even 'Spirit Form Shouko' doesn't scare me, as it looks too much like the naked Shouko/Saki bits of the OP.

Bigger question now is if the green Valvrave is another unit, because if it is, Saki will most probably be a pilot. And she'll have an advantage in that she'll be the same vampire race as Haruto, while Shouko is just plain human. She also drew first blood with that stolen kiss, so definitely is a contender.



Well, they did earn 250 mil yen. If you know of such 'rubbish' plan that can earn that much dough, I'm all ears.

Of course, them having that much money is kind of pointless, since they can use anything and everything within the module without cost, but that's besides the point.

Like seriously, who are they gonna buy stuff from? XD



Lol, you sound like my real life fujoshi friends, where their het ship is HarutoXShouko. Of course, I gotta put up with their HarutoXL-Elf goggles, but fortunately a couple of them prefer L-ElfXA-Drei. XD
i think it is almost 100% confirm to have saki to be the next pilot ( even though she really no suited to be a pilot )
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:37   Link #2048
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
The official Valvrave website has posted and confirmed the information on Haruto and that he is now a being known as a "Magius".

From what I've been able to find out, the name "Magius", like "Magus" is Latin meaning "magician". However, even more interesting is the fact that the name is known and used as a surname in what country more than any other?

Denmark.

Yes, the same country from which the lore of the "Valravne" originated.
It's highly unlikely that this show didn't borrow the name from the Danish myth, saying as how similar the names are and the fact that Valvrave uses a raven (albeit the three-legged version from their own East Asian mythology) as its symbol. Does the name "Magius" further suggest that they are drawing from the Danish folklore?

Also, with the heavy leaning towards magic and myth here, is this show leaning more toward the supernatural than towards aliens? Or both?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:42   Link #2049
battleengine
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The official Valvrave website has posted and confirmed the information on Haruto and that he is now a being known as a "Magius".

From what I've been able to find out, the name "Magius", like "Magus" is Latin meaning "magician". However, even more interesting is the fact that the name is known and used as a surname in what country more than any other?

Denmark.

Yes, the same country from which the lore of the "Valravne" originated.
It's highly unlikely that this show didn't borrow the name from the Danish myth, saying as how similar the names are and the fact that Valvrave uses a raven (albeit the three-legged version from their own East Asian mythology) as its symbol. Does the name "Magius" further suggest that they are drawing from the Danish folklore?

Also, with the heavy leaning towards magic and myth here, is this show leaning more toward the supernatural than towards aliens? Or both?
So we r going to have a group of magus.....
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:47   Link #2050
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It is not identical. So no it isn't the Vatican.

We don't know how far off the future the setting is. The technology is a mix of current tech which is too old for people who are able to create artificial suns.

My guess somebody (aliens) is feeding humanity technology. The question is why?

As noted by the spy teacher humanity can't build the Valvrave.
They aren't identical but very, very close. In fact, it has to be on purpose as they put some awfully good detail on that that it's impossible that they weren't trying to do the same landmark. It's completely possible that the surrounding areas have changed in however much time has gone by and the Dorssians added on and took away some stuff.

Or else like I said, they made a complete replica wherever their own capital is. But whatever it is, the Dorssian's definitely really like St. Peter's Basilica.

And actually, where as everyone was getting alien, I was getting a more supernatural vibe when he said that simple humans weren't capable of the Valvrave's tech. Especially when he said that line about Dr. Tokishima making a "deal with the devil".
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:57   Link #2051
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
well if you want to go that way, let' me throw in my own theorycrafting..

The armor and casing are probably made by Jior. They have a human ergonomic feel to it.

but real essence/core is probably something they discovered or dug up.
Think about how Evangelions are really flesh golems wrapped in hi tech armor.
This also happens in Argento Soma, another mech show by Sunrise.
So maybe Valvare's are alien corpses or relics wrapped in the same way.

To control something they don't completely understand they need an alien, or something emulating an alien

This is why pilots are given an injection. They are forcibly turned into human alien hybrids which allow them to synchronize with the alien relics inside Valvraves. If you have watched another mecha anime called Fafner, this is the same way they make pilots in that show too.

Also, judging from EULA it seems to be a risky process and not everyone survives the initiation either..
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:02   Link #2052
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sendai, Japan
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, they did earn 250 mil yen. If you know of such 'rubbish' plan that can earn that much dough, I'm all ears.

Of course, them having that much money is kind of pointless, since they can use anything and everything within the module without cost, but that's besides the point.

Like seriously, who are they gonna buy stuff from? XD
What is within the module now is not inexhaustible, you know.
If they can receive money from ARUS of course they can buy stuff from with them.
ARUS is a democracy and I doubt that its citizens are forbidden to trade with them.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:05   Link #2053
battleengine
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
well if you want to go that way, let' me throw in my own theorycrafting..

The armor and casing are probably made by Jior. They have a human ergonomic feel to it.

but real essence/core is probably something they discovered or dug up.
Think about how Evangelions are really flesh golems wrapped in hi tech armor.
This also happens in Argento Soma, another mech show by Sunrise.
So maybe Valvare's are alien corpses or relics wrapped in the same way.


To control something they don't completely understand they need an alien, or something emulating an alien

This is why pilots are given an injection. They are forcibly turned into human alien hybrids which allow them to synchronize with the alien relics inside Valvraves. If you have watched another mecha anime called Fafner, this is the same way they make pilots in that show too.

Also, judging from EULA it seems to be a risky process and not everyone survives the initiation either..
i dont think it possible, they are in space, and they make the module/colony from scratch unless the core just float by and they happen to find it
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:11   Link #2054
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
They seem to be leaning towards a more "magic" angle to this, but like most things with this show, I have no idea where they are going with it.

Vampires, valravne, magius, yatagarasu...

How does all of this figure in?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:14   Link #2055
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
What is within the module now is not inexhaustible, you know.
If they can receive money from ARUS of course they can buy stuff from with them.
ARUS is a democracy and I doubt that its citizens are forbidden to trade with them.
Unless ARUS places a trade embargo as pressure but as noted in the episode that would be political suicide as it is election season and a lot of ARUS citizens like the underdog high schoolers that gave Dorssia the finger. Especially Haruto with his super robot.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:15   Link #2056
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleengine View Post
i dont think it possible, they are in space, and they make the module/colony from scratch unless the core just float by and they happen to find it
As you noticed there are still a lot of asteroids around..

In fact.. Earth is still intact... mind boggling really.. (they made a ring world/partial dyson sphere without using up the Earth in the process... why?)

Or maybe they did find one floating in space.. a derelict alien space ship? why not?

So there's a lot of chances for them to run into one, secretly bring it back to the module for research, and eventually redeveloping it into a weapon.
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:23   Link #2057
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
As you noticed there are still a lot of asteroids around..

In fact.. Earth is still intact... mind boggling really.. (they made a ring world/partial dyson sphere without using up the Earth in the process... why?)

Or maybe they did find one floating in space.. a derelict alien space ship? why not?

So there's a lot of chances for them to run into one, secretly bring it back to the module for research, and eventually redeveloping it into a weapon.
there really no shortage of materials in space how many asteroids do you think are in the belt using a few dozen wouldn't even put a dent in it
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:24   Link #2058
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
If you watch the OP in the scene after L-Elf where everyone is in space and is either looking right or left, I believe that everyone that is looking towards the right are the pilots or has to do something with the Valvraves. This is just a theory because on most animes I watch and studied the OP, most of my guesses about the anime were correct.

Also in the ending where eveyrone is facing right or left, I believe those are the pairs.
This is a wild guess based on the bonds/relationships that were built in episode 5.
At first I thought it was a type of showcasing where they partner would look the opposite way(they had your back kinda thing, but its in fact the opposite. The partner would look the same way.
This is due because the glasses guy and bully were looking the same way( built bonds/gained respect in episode 5)
The pres and vice president were looking the same way also.
The two teacher's looked opposite ways because they didn't click at all during their little dialogue.
Haruto's friend and glasses girl spent alot of time together in the past 5 episodes also and were looking the same way.

What does this mean?
L-Elf x Shouko
Haruto x Saki

The OP and ED contradict each other
Depending on which way they are facing the opposite direction in the OP and the same direction in the ED
Partner/friends/interests they look
In the OP is the right/left up/down
in the end is the right/right up/up
Seems kinda crazy of a theory, yo. I'm totally cool with L-Elf getting with Shoko even if it's only temporary or not since he really needs to start interacting with the rest of the cast already and Shoko is so different than him so their interactions should be a real treat. It also would be funny if L-Elf is the one that makes Shoko his and pushes her away from Haruto due to what he said to Haruto at the start of the series.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:36   Link #2059
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Seems kinda crazy of a theory, yo. I'm totally cool with L-Elf getting with Shoko even if it's only temporary or not since he really needs to start interacting with the rest of the cast already and Shoko is so different than him so their interactions should be a real treat. It also would be funny if L-Elf is the one that makes Shoko his and pushes her away from Haruto due to what he said to Haruto at the start of the series.
It is crazy, but all OPs/EDs in anime always give out hints/clues. I'm just trying to see if I can pull any out..
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:45   Link #2060
Guido
The Reaper Owl
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 35
I got mixed feelings for this sixth episode except at some key points, particularly when the girls started to freak out then attempted to gang upon Shoko blaming her for their current dilemma.
From this episode I learned, more than Saki has blatant feelings for Haruto which made them realize to him at the very end of the same episode, Saki has also her own share of aloofness and has her own depression switch, unlike Shoko whom does her best to do something in order to lift the morale.
Second thing, obviously, the other Valvrave hidden in an underground facility beneath campus.

What I got confused as well is if L-Elf either deduced or through intuitive inquiry came to the conclusion that there were more Valvrave aside from the other model DORSSIA attempted to hijack and retrieve?

What does Saki has anything to do with the discovery of the other Valvrave? - One thing for sure that I understood, the whole scene implied on me that Saki might want to become just like Haruto is, therefore, Haruto's expected reaction at stopping her due that he doesn't want anybody else to become a "monster" like he's now.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.