AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 12:24   Link #2141
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Now, here's the question we were posing: Do these look like parts or whole mechs?

yes they do look like parts, but thats probably camera angles causing it to look like that for effect, when take a picture of unit 1 an compare it to the others the color scheme and parts changes for greater than 50 percent of the mech that doesn't bode well for it being interchangeable part, and haruto basicly said they were other mechs when he said "more cursed ones"
Old 2013-05-11, 12:30   Link #2142
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

it clearly have full body and based on official pic, VVV doesn't seem have internal exoskeleton so I dont think they can change the part easily
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 12:32   Link #2143
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Long live the SRW games. I love them.

I would like to add Star Driver, Heroman, Gaogaigar, Gundam Age, and Aquarion Evol.
Gaogaigar has already been in several SRWs, and Heroman was in the latest SRW, UX for 3DS.
Old 2013-05-11, 12:33   Link #2144
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

I think they're all different mechs. If you look at the official site the various units don't look like only some parts were changed on the red model. The "helmets" are different, for a start. Also, if you look, VVV I's raven logo has an "壱" (1) kanji on it, while in the ending the logo has no number so presumable all VVVs have a logo with their respective number.

(VVV VI looks hilarious, it's like someone sneezed on it... xD)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 12:36   Link #2145
Irenesharda

One of the things that did make them look like parts that I couldn't find any pics to show, was that Green Valvrave's backend "legs" were being held horizontally, and yet you can also see the green chakram weapon parts were held up vertically. So it appears that are in separate parts. Of course that could just be visual angles.

Quote:

Saki Comeback; "comeback" is a slang term that means a smart retort.
Since Saki's an ex-idol, the term "comeback" can also mean basically her return to the limelight, or just for her being in the spotlight once again.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 12:37   Link #2146
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I think they're all different mechs. If you look at the official site the various units don't look like only some parts were changed on the red model. The "helmets" are different, for a start. Also, if you look, VVV I's raven logo has an "壱" (1) kanji on it, while in the ending the logo has no number so presumable all VVVs have a logo with their respective number.

(VVV VI looks hilarious, it's like someone sneezed on it... xD)
That's for pointing that out, I didn't notice the numbers.

And you're right, VVV VI does look like it's covered in snot, or a model with too much glue on it.
Old 2013-05-11, 12:39   Link #2147
Destined_Fate

I'm betting they're just folded up Mecha or that they're parts that can be piloted and/or merged to Haruto's Valvrave to change is powers/load out.

Quote:
Long live the SRW games. I love them.

I would like to add Star Driver, Heroman, Gaogaigar, Gundam Age, and Aquarion Evol.

In Haruto's view point, there are other units. But for the viewers, us, we can only speculate them as parts from our view point.

But ultimately, we just have to see it next week. And I think someone had already said that they're individual units.

Saki Comeback; "comeback" is a slang term that means a smart retort.
Hey, Heroman got in UX so it's going to be in future 3DS games for quite awhile.

Gundam Age doesn't seem like it's even workable. At most they'll just use one Age at a time or have severe time dysfunctions to explain the aging or something.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 12:54   Link #2148
Irenesharda

Looking closely at the shot of Valvrave 3 (around 21:31) and comparing it with the full mecha on the website, I did notice that there is no head, legs or torso connected with the large weapon arms that are shown held up. You can see the front and back of the weapon arm attachments but it isn't attached to anything.

So either the weapons are attachable to a separate mecha body, or they are in parts.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-11, 12:58   Link #2149
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Looking closely at the shot of Valvrave 3 (around 21:40) and comparing it with the full mecha on the website, I did notice that there is no head, legs or torso connected with the large weapon arms that are shown held up. You can see the front and back of the weapon arm attachments but it isn't attached to anything.

So either the weapons are attachable to a separate mecha body, or they are in parts.
you mean the green one?

there is clearly head and hand here

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 12:58   Link #2150
gordol
Banned

for the last time: all Valvraves are DIFFERENT UNITS!!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:01   Link #2151
~BC~

I think what's causing the confusion with the mechs is the angle they're lying in. When we first see them we're basically only seeing the head and shoulders. Plus the way they deliberately only give close ups of their distinct appendages. They're probably saving the full body close-ups and head shots for when they "debut" in battle.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:06   Link #2152
Destined_Fate

The mecha also look like they're folded up or rolled up into a ball or something.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:13   Link #2153
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
you mean the green one?

there is clearly head and hand here
Valvrave 3 is the yellow one, green is Valvrave 4. And from that angle, that looks to be the back of the Valvrave, the green and white piece actually looks like the part that connects in the back.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-11, 13:14   Link #2154
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The mecha also look like they're folded up or rolled up into a ball or something.
well valvrave 1 was kneeling in its holding area so its possible the others aren't standing up in normal mecha storage fashion

Quote:
Valvrave 3 is the yellow one, green is Valvrave 4. And from that angle, that looks to be the back of the Valvrave, the green and white piece actually looks like the part that connects in the back.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
true it does look like that but really look at v4 and v1 the parts are to different also even if they were interchangable how are a bunch of high schoolers going to change the parts out even with that professor there because it definitely doesn't look like it could change as seemlessly as the strike, impulse, or age could

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-05-11 at 13:35.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:27   Link #2155
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleengine View Post
why he need Haruto anymore, he can just get someone that is willing to help him to pilot one of the empty valrave

To me i think once they discover the other valvrave, haurto have lost his use
This could be an interesting plot point. Haruto already feels like he's a "monster," different from the others. If he becomes outcast or loses the spotlight it could make for some interesting character development and trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Question is: Who will be the pilots of the other colors?
This is my big issue. Haruto makes for a decent pilot (even if his skill is unrealistic), as would L-Elf. I can't think of many characters that we've seen so far who would be fitting for the role. The "nerd" character would fit (even though I find him slightly annoying), and maybe the schizoid computer girl. None of the others really seem fitting, though, nor would I want to see them behind the power of a Valvrave. They all seem far too immature. Sunrise could still throw in a dark scenario that sobers everyone up into maturity, I suppose...
Old 2013-05-11, 13:36   Link #2156
Irenesharda

Okay, I see it now, they are separate units.
But they are almost all literally laying suspended horizontally face-down. Random Curiosity had an extra large panoramic view of them all together and you can see they are all suspended on their "stomachs".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-11, 13:40   Link #2157
~BC~

No hotlinking, Irenesharda. But it's pretty much what I said, they're lying down and thus are foreshortened to our (and Haruto's) view when the door first opens.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:42   Link #2158
Irenesharda

Well, check it out on their website, it actually helps to see them that way.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-11, 14:17   Link #2159
shadow1296

so the general consensus is that they are seperate units on to the next topic of discussion weather or not saki will be the pilot of greenvrave next episode

i personally think she will for 2 reasons

1: she obviously wants the ability to body swap as shown when she bit the VP
2: she is in love with haruto and wants to share a connection with him and since she can't be like shoko and be the childhood friend she might as well become a valvrave pilot and be abeing like him
Old 2013-05-11, 15:15   Link #2160
Key Board
Donut

remember that unassigned valvraves have a white plating

they only turn black once they have a pilot asigned

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire