AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 13:14   Link #2261
DuelGundam2099

I honestly never care about character designs so stuff like hiraiface never gets to me unless people make a fuss over it.

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:21   Link #2262
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Ep 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Ep 2

Images
Ep 3

Images
Ep 4

(not really accurate but I find shoko speach similar to this scene )

Images
Ep 5
Guess I'm very fortunate that I don't usually watch mechas and thus never watched any Gundam series, Code Geass or whatever
(I only watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, don't hate me okay )

I still highly enjoy this anime
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:21   Link #2263
mayumi

i would prefer if they keep the romantic subplot to as minimum as possible. i think it is obvious haruto will probably always like and choose shouko anyway. so saki actually having interest in power and using haruto to get a valvrave or become its pilot is not bad at all.
let's see how it works out next episode.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:23   Link #2264
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Spoiler for Question for the spoiler!:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Bet Saki totally becomes drunk off power later.

I'm still betting Shoko lives but never pilots but serves as the part of humanity that Haruto cannot let go no matter how much he tries to insist that he's a monster and hates what he is.
Being a beta prevents you from becoming a monster.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:39   Link #2265
Irenesharda

I'm actually pretty concerned about Saki and her "liking" Haruto. She's only been there a year, she wasn't interested in him until after he switched bodies and was piloting the mech. And she's been suddenly taking an interest in him since then. That means she would have only been interested in him for little more than a week.

Either she has a hidden agenda with why she's been trying to get close to Haruto, or she's only interested in his power. Maybe a little bit of both. I really can't see her actually being in love with him as a person so soon, especially as she seemed to ignore him until he got powers.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:53   Link #2266
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm actually pretty concerned about Saki and her "liking" Haruto. She's only been there a year, she wasn't interested in him until after he switched bodies and was piloting the mech. And she's been suddenly taking an interest in him since then. That means she would have only been interested in him for little more than a week.

Either she has a hidden agenda with why she's been trying to get close to Haruto, or she's only interested in his power. Maybe a little bit of both. I really can't see her actually being in love with him as a person so soon, especially as she seemed to ignore him until he got powers.
It is hard to know what made Saki interested in him when we don't know a thing about her besides that she is a celebrity and went through some rough time to the point she is used to violence, somehow can keep a cool head in deadly situations and has the "Adults are a**holes >:( " complex.

Thirst for power, innocent interest, being Dorssia/ARUS's spy or seeing him as a fellow pained soul... it is hard to know atm. However, he seems to be the only person in front of whom she is all :D rather than -_- so I guess she likes him at least to some extent.
However, I don't think it is ulterior motive. The moment they found those Valvrave's, there was no need to romance Haruto... yet she did it anyway. I think she just found something to relate to in him.
Old 2013-05-13, 13:55   Link #2267
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

Or she just never knew him before the series started since she's been making it a point not to socialize with the other students, as episode 1 made perfectly clear. She was clearly just there by coincidence when the attack started halfway through episode 1 (this is Sunrise, dang near every encounter is a coincidence ), and when that started, continuing to be a shut-in would have been pretty stupid. From there, well, boy meets girl.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:30   Link #2268
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:34   Link #2269
Key Board
Donut

pre-Valvrave Haruto was a nobody, and a defeatist one at that. "I would nice to have a world what there is no such thing as winning and losing"

then we went a rage trip and his suppressed self emerged

and it's that part of him that attracted Saki and 500,000 people requesting to be his friend. Admit it. you were impressed too.

It's like in Persona 4 where pre-Izanagi Yuu is actually quite awkward, and seems to be lacking energy. After he got Izanagai it unlocked his hidden potential.

It's not like getting this special power changed his personality, it just opened the flood gates to unleash what has already been part of him.

-- My problem with most osananajimi archetypes
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:49   Link #2270
Destined_Fate

The thing is that Saki didn't even talk to Haruto all that much, if any, and was the first to tell him that Shoko was dead despite not looking at all. While Shoko always hung out with Haruto, got mad for him so he wouldn't have to, and they both loved each other since they were kids.

I wouldn't say that. People do change after traumatic events after all that isn't like them at all.

Such as there never being this Haruto before Shoko "died", it's what pushed him over the edge to change. Than when he learned that Shoko was alive he regressed back to his old self but with more confidence.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:56   Link #2271
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Bet Saki totally becomes drunk off power later.
I keep expecting Saki to be another Katejina from Victory Gundam.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:58   Link #2272
shadow1296

Quote:
The thing is that Saki didn't even talk to Haruto all that much, if any, and was the first to tell him that Shoko was dead despite not looking at all. While Shoko always hung out with Haruto, got mad for him so he wouldn't have to, and they both loved each other since they were kids.

I wouldn't say that. People do change after traumatic events after all that isn't like them at all.

Such as there never being this Haruto before Shoko "died", it's what pushed him over the edge to change. Than when he learned that Shoko was alive he regressed back to his old self but with more confidence.
to be fair saki didn't talk to anyone much, and we don't really know if they didn't hang out much before the dorssia invasion, it looks like they all might of been friends before the incident (saki, shoko, haruto, and the other two who know about haruto's secret) why else would they all be there while haruto and shoko were cleaning up in ep1
Old 2013-05-13, 15:01   Link #2273
Destined_Fate

Be that as it may be, it still doesn't change that she wasn't shown talking to Haruto or even being his friend. She only spoke up to him when he was trying to look for Shoko, as she was always jelly of their relationship, and it was Shoko, her "death", that ended up pushing Haruto to pilot and to return to his old self - mostly.

Saki was supposed to be at swim practice but skipped out and was just messing with her phone on the side while the others were actually cleaning.
Old 2013-05-13, 15:02   Link #2274
Aquaman OS

I think Shouko's safe. If anything because if she dies Haruto will just go all vengence again like the first time and we already saw that, and that didn't seem to be the path they wanted him to take.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:05   Link #2275
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Be that as it may be, it still doesn't change that she wasn't shown talking to Haruto or even being his friend. She only spoke up to him when he was trying to look for Shoko, as she was always jelly of their relationship, and it was Shoko, her "death", that ended up pushing Haruto to pilot and to return to his old self - mostly.

Saki was supposed to be at swim practice but skipped out and was just messing with her phone on the side while the others were actually cleaning.
Yes, and?

It's as I've said, a lot of people only started to notice Haruto after the Valvrave incident. For good reasons

This includes Saki. What's the issue?

Old 2013-05-13, 15:07   Link #2276
shadow1296

Quote:
Be that as it may be, it still doesn't change that she wasn't shown talking to Haruto or even being his friend. She only spoke up to him when he was trying to look for Shoko, as she was always jelly of their relationship, and it was Shoko that ended up pushing Haruto to pilot and to return to his old self - mostly.

how did she push him?
all i remember her saying that shoko's dead and the fact they hated to admit it

she never wants told him to get in valvrave and i think she and the others were trying to stop him from getting in it even though he didn't listen, he chose to get in it and get revenge nobody pushed him

also why would chose that spot right next to haruto and the others to play with her phone she could of found a much more private place and not have witnesses stating she skipped if they weren't already friends

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-05-13 at 15:19.
shadow1296 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:07   Link #2277
Destined_Fate

Shoko and Haruto's close friends already noticed Haruto before he got in the mecha. Haruto also isn't the same as before he got in the Mecha as when he got out nor did he "always have it". Hell, he wouldn't have changed at all if he didn't believe Shoko died and wouldn't even have had the will to return until he heard Shoko's voice. She's simply too big a factor in his life to just kill her off, especially early on.
Old 2013-05-13, 15:17   Link #2278
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
pre-Valvrave Haruto was a nobody
Popular among the school clubs, friends with the money obsessed rich guy, childhood friend of the prime minister's daughter.... Son or grandson of the Valvrave's creator.

Yeah an unpopular nobody if can call it that.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:26   Link #2279
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
how did she push him?
all i remember her saying that shoko's dead and the fact they hated to admit it

she never wants told him to get in valvrave and i think she and the others were trying to stop him from getting in it even though he didn't listen, he chose to get in it and get revenge nobody pushed him

also why would chose that spot right next to haruto and the others to play with her phone she could of found a much more private place and not have witnesses stating she skipped if they weren't already friends
Shoko's death pushed him to get in the mecha and give up his humanity. When he was running low on power and was ready to just die it was Shoko's voice that returned him back to normal and gave him a desire to actually want to return.
Old 2013-05-13, 15:36   Link #2280
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Popular among the school clubs, friends with the money obsessed rich guy, childhood friend of the prime minister's daughter.... Son or grandson of the Valvrave's creator.

Yeah an unpopular nobody if can call it that.
I don't see any indication that he is popular among school clubs
I see indication that he is the shy kid that sits at corners during parties that nobody takes seriously
and from what I've seen he wants to stay out of attention. Again, this is in align with his "no winners or losers" mindset

That's what I mean by a "nobody"

But that has changed when he boarded the Valvrave.
You suddenly have people left and right wanting to exchange digital addresses with him

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire