AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-16, 18:54   Link #2461
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
@Irenesharda Do you think, with good writing, that Saki can be rescued from the scrappy heap? The writers tried to make her seem more mature and make her realize the reality of her actions and redeem her a bit, but for me at least, it didn't work. Maybe with good character development it can happen down the road, but how do you feel about her and how do you think she'll end up?
I think the writers could do better with her, if they made her have another goal other then to simply become famous by all means necessary. They could mature her over the course of the war, but as for right now, I just see her as a brat who lost her spotlight and got mad over it. She spouts all that stuff in the beginning about crime and violence, and the whole time as I was watching her, I was saying to myself, "Give that girl an Oscar, because she's really trying to push the dramatics here." And it turned out I was right since the girl was acting the whole time just so she could try her body-swapping abilities on Haruto, who is so niave, he can't tell when a girl is just giving him a crummy sob story.

And even after that, when we get flashbacks to what she actually went through, all I could say, was "So?"
This is stuff anyone who gets into the entertainment industry has to deal with, she should know that. And if she doesn't she's a fool. You have to deal with losing contracts, others being jealous of your talent, studios having it in for you, all the time. Even evil starlet's parents is nothing new. Actors, singers and such have to deal with it all the time. You just keep going. Saki's throwing a tantrum and simply wants to be a vampire just to be "special" and avoid reality.
And anyone who's just in it for the limelight, especially in a mecha, isn't going to end well. But hopefully she matures before then.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:04   Link #2462
shadow1296

y'know i think i finally understand why saki pilots greenvrave, its the dancer type
here me out each valvrave represents a different class in rpg red: swordsman, yellow: gunner, blue: archer, purple: spellcaster, but i couldn't remember what used discs or why saki was going to pilot it but after watching it seeing how it fights it looked like it dance around the battle field, then it hit me fists and discs are weapons found in the dancer class in rpgs and who better to pilot a mech of the dancer class than a former idol
Old 2013-05-16, 19:04   Link #2463
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And even after that, when we get flashbacks to what she actually when through, all I could say, was "So?"
This is stuff anyone who gets into the entertainment industry has to deal with, she should know that. And if she doesn't she's a fool. You have to deal with losing contracts, others being jealous of your talent, studios having it in for you, all the time. Even evil starlet's parents is nothing new. Actors, singers and such have to deal with it all the time. You just keep going. Saki's throwing a tantrum and simply wants to be a vampire just to be "special" and avoid reality.
And anyone who's just in it for the limelight, especially in a mecha, isn't going to end well. But hopefully she matures before then.
She said that she became famous to ESCAPE it, not that she ended in it because she became famous. Seemingly she had a sucky life, somehow got famous and the life got a bit better only to go downhill again later.

She has serious issues (to point of insanity), which is what this episode was all about. And the same insanity makes her think it'll get better if she becomes famous again, simply because it seems to have worked once.
And it will SOOOO backfire on her, no doubt.

Granted, making her unlikable was the whole point of the ep. The reactions of the watchers will be quite interesting to follow
Old 2013-05-16, 19:06   Link #2464
bastek66

That was mindblowing experience
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:12   Link #2465
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

L-Elf Blue, Shouko Purple, A-drei Yellow? Not that sure about A-drei at that moment that's what it feels like, but since the op sequnce shows him the weirdo bug robot I wouldn't think he would. Unless Lewd blonde manages to give up her humanity.
Old 2013-05-16, 19:14   Link #2466
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
R.I.P. Senator "Moses" Figaro
LoL, they killed him just like that. Who is next?

I bet my money on that glasses girl.
Old 2013-05-16, 19:14   Link #2467
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
She said that she became famous to ESCAPE it, not that she ended in it because she became famous. Seemingly she had a sucky life, somehow got famous and the life got a bit better only to go downhill again later.

She has serious issues (to point of insanity), which is what this episode was all about. And the same insanity makes her think it'll get better if she becomes famous again, simply because it seems to have worked once.
And it will SOOOO backfire on her, no doubt.

Granted, making her unlikable was the whole point of the ep. The reactions of the watchers will be quite interesting to follow...
From some of the other sites I've been on, it's been mixed thus far. Some like me, hate her. Others think she's just so over the top it's ridiculous.

I just never had any like for mecha characters whose only goal is to simply become famous and have everyone love them. I just find them shallow and a little sad, especially when there's more important things going on like war, world domination, and genocide. I just keep wanting to tell them, "it's not all about you!".

But it's a truth when it's said that "Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall."
I hope that Saki will be humble enough to still fight when no one is watching her or cheering for her, or when some are even hating her. Like Haruto before her, she's being put on a pedestal by the world and that's always a dangerous position.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-16, 19:16   Link #2468
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxnom View Post
"This is... What... Oh god.. Jesus" My thoughts in the whole episode So much in only 6 episodes I have no idea what have for us for the rest of the episodes. Mind=blown.

Spoiler for about VVV-tan:
Probably more like only VVVI has it.

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to sleep much better now.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:17   Link #2469
LostSome

@bastek66 : That first one. That face ! Having fun with a guy`s body... I`m not getting the wrong idea... No, Sir !
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:19   Link #2470
cyoti

Quote:
Moses was 30 and he loved the piano.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:19   Link #2471
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Probably more like only VVVI has it.
and that probably means VVVI was designed to be the leader
Old 2013-05-16, 19:32   Link #2472
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
From some of the other sites I've been on, it's been mixed thus far. Some like me, hate her. Others think she's just so over the top it's ridiculous.
The upcoming clash between Haters and Spartans will be VERY interesting IMO

Quote:
I hope that Saki will be humble enough to still fight when no one is watching her or cheering for her, or when some are even hating her. Like Haruto before her, she's being put on a pedestal by the world and that's always a dangerous position.
She will. She did want to jump in and help Haruto, but it was fear that stopped her (serves her right for jumping in like she was in an Anime or something), not "Why should I save him?" pride or "I'd save him, but what if I die?" cowardliness. She was literally paralyzed after she realized the mess she was in.
And nothing shows how horribly broken she is as those expectations and cheers making that fear vanquish.
Old 2013-05-16, 19:35   Link #2473
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
and that probably means VVVI was designed to be the leader
Yeah. That and it is the basic type, but contrary to previous expectation I don't think we can expect some super-robot combo. I took a closer look at the ED and the supposed combined VVVs is actually mostly VVVI with a few parts of the other VVVs. I wonder if this episode means we can expect some cool tricks from the other VVVs.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:37   Link #2474
DuelGundam2099

Well I just finished the episode.

Spoiler for Plot points:

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:40   Link #2475
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
L-Elf Blue, Shouko Purple, A-drei Yellow? Not that sure about A-drei at that moment that's what it feels like, but since the op sequnce shows him the weirdo bug robot I wouldn't think he would. Unless Lewd blonde manages to give up her humanity.
I still think Raizo will be Yellow's pilot, but now that A-drei has made his way into the school, I'm not discounting him becoming a pilot either. I don't think L-elf is going to include A-drei in on his revolution plans since he cares for him. So L-elf is probably going to have to fool his friend, either by continuing Haruto's deceit from before, or proving his innocence to A-drei and coming back to Dorssia.

They continue to show L-elf in his Dorssian uniform, so I'm convinced the guy will be coming back some time sooner or later. It might as well be now since A-drei is coming to kill him.
That being said, I think A-3 is going to try to kill L-11 himself, because he knows that if L-11 is caught by anyone else, they will try him for treason and execute him. So because of their friendship, he's going to give him a merciful and respectful death by his own hand.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-16, 19:41   Link #2476
Key Board
Donut

AFAIR, Jior is not a monarchy, so president makes more sense.

Anyway, I wonder if they are going anywhere with the VVV compatibility issue. Will another person die during the initiation, or is L-Elf just being super paranoid
Old 2013-05-16, 19:46   Link #2477
shadow1296

does anybody know the name of the insert song that plays when saki is blowing up the rockets
Old 2013-05-16, 19:46   Link #2478
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Noticing L-Elf's little monologue about Saki's compatibility and the curriculum of the school, it really does sound like the school was always part of the Valvrave builders' plans and the students were basically potential test subjects for piloting the Valvraves.

Looks like only the students can pilot them then.
Old 2013-05-16, 19:49   Link #2479
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

Anyway, I wonder if they are going anywhere with the VVV compatibility issue. Will another person die during the initiation, or is L-Elf just being super paranoid
Actually no, he's not being paranoid. As I mentioned in a theory earlier, Term #1 in the Valvrave EULA is that the Facility takes no responsibility if the Registrant has "adverse effects" because they hadn't taken the Facility's full course or were otherwise physically inept.

In other words...compatible.

If the pilot isn't compatible with the machine, you die.

L-elf seems to know more about the Valvraves than anybody, simply because Haruto and Co. jut left him to his own devices for a week.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-16, 19:49   Link #2480
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

Episode 4 it was souridaijin (prime minister) and now it's daitouryou (president). It's just silly how they can switch like that.

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire