AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-04, 00:40   Link #1461
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That was the first go. Valvrave this time straight demolished and it wasn't even fighting seriously.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 00:40   Link #1462
velocd
/facepalm
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Valvrave is on its way to tvtropes hall-of-fame, but it's a fun ride. Every episode adopts a new theme while maintaining earlier themes. This episode was clearly inspired by Code Geass R2 episode 8 where Lelouch pulls off a logically-questionable stunt and exiles a million followers to a logically-questionable floating rock ship -- a feat Shoko and Haruto pulled off too.

Next Episode = Gilligan's Island / Harvest Moon (they'll need reliable food source)
Next Episode += Survivor / Lord of the Flies / Battle Royale
Next Episode += Highschool of the Dead (random virus outbreak)
Next Episode += Trinity Blood / Hellsing
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 00:43   Link #1463
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
By the way, at this point in the series we've seen the Valvrave easily destroy the fodder of the Dorssian military, but how many of their extremely prized "heavy fighters" have been destroyed thus far?

Just a little food for thought.

Also, is anyone else confused as to how L-Elf shot down all those ARUS fighters despite being in a pressurized section of the module and presumably not having access to anti-spacecraft missiles? Not to mention, where the heck did he get all of those explosive charges?!
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:08   Link #1464
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Very rare in an anime where the OP & ED are damn good.

I have been paying too much attention to the OP that the ED sounds great as well.


Also, they haven't even bothered yet to introduce the guy that Shoko was trying to save and got trapped in the car.
He looks like a scientist(likely from Valvrave).

Also, I think Haruto's buddy is high on that death list. The other dude that helps out in their group and almost got bitten by Haruto.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:13   Link #1465
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Also, they haven't even bothered yet to introduce the guy that Shoko was trying to save and got trapped in the car.
He looks like a scientist(likely from Valvrave).
Well, he does deal in sciences, but he's not a scientist. He's a physics teacher.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:47   Link #1466
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Haruto will make a contract with him, it's just a matter of time...

__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 02:20   Link #1467
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The one thing I really don't get was Shoko stripping. How does her stripping prove that she was being honest?
Self-humiliation. In Asian, the idea of mental abuse is much more impact than physical abuse. That's one of the reason you have high suicide rate in Japan. The point is she's willing to take thing that far trying to prove she's not lying.

Regarding the independence, aren't they saying they want to work together with the ARUS to fight against Dorssian instead of being used and thrown away like that? Can't say much where it will be heading to, but I don't see it's that much ridiculous as people made it out to be.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 02:32   Link #1468
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
He already took out two of them, the secret weapons from the Dorssian mililtary didn't stand a chance nor was the Valvrave ever pressed when fighting them.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 02:42   Link #1469
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Valvrave is on its way to tvtropes hall-of-fame, but it's a fun ride. Every episode adopts a new theme while maintaining earlier themes. This episode was clearly inspired by Code Geass R2 episode 8 where Lelouch pulls off a logically-questionable stunt and exiles a million followers to a logically-questionable floating rock ship -- a feat Shoko and Haruto pulled off too.

Next Episode = Gilligan's Island / Harvest Moon (they'll need reliable food source)
Next Episode += Survivor / Lord of the Flies / Battle Royale
Next Episode += Highschool of the Dead (random virus outbreak)
Next Episode += Trinity Blood / Hellsing
The next episode looks to be some sort musical themed one so your predictions might be a little busted there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Very rare in an anime where the OP & ED are damn good.
Valvrave's OP is my second favorite one this season. Then again, it's really hard to go wrong with T.M.Revolution and Nana Mizuki. Can't wait for the single to drop.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 03:55   Link #1470
battleengine
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
well i kind of love the plot but i want to ask is there more than 1 of the valvrave or those are just the change form of the original valvrave?
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:06   Link #1471
FiveOVER
Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in the windowless building
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleengine View Post
well i kind of love the plot but i want to ask is there more than 1 of the valvrave or those are just the change form of the original valvrave?
Nothing has been confirmed about that yet.

The only clues we have is the different model numbers Valvrave - 01, Valvrave -03 and so on. Another thing to note is the startup button of the Valvrave having different color buttons.
__________________
FiveOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:06   Link #1472
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
I'm hoping Form Changes. That's something mecha doesn't have a lot.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:28   Link #1473
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
NSFW
Swimsuits for both girls :D
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:34   Link #1474
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
They specifically have separate model numbers and are referred to as " Valvrave Unit 1", "Unit 3" and so on in their profiles.

But well, I don't really care whether they're separate machines or different forms. I'd prefer separate, there's too many characters in that school for there to be only 1 mech pilot. But in the end, whichever is fine.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:40   Link #1475
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
They specifically have separate model numbers and are referred to as " Valvrave Unit 1", "Unit 3" and so on in their profiles.

But well, I don't really care whether they're separate machines or different forms. I'd prefer separate, there's too many characters in that school for there to be only 1 mech pilot. But in the end, whichever is fine.
I think what Tokkan means is, this series needs more vampires.

I'm not going to lie though, if this turns into a mecha satire of Twilight I will definitely watch this to finish (provided the muscles required to emit laughter hold out that long).
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 04:47   Link #1476
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I'm not going to lie though, if this turns into a mecha satire of Twilight I will definitely watch this to finish (provided the muscles required to emit laughter hold out that long).
Please don't compare anything with vampires to Twilight ever again. The amount of damage that abominable series did to the image of vampires in fiction is staggering.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 07:25   Link #1477
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Valvrave-tan OS is version 2.0.

There is a Version 1?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 07:59   Link #1478
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Valvrave-tan OS is version 2.0.

There is a Version 1?
You probably don't want to trust version 1.0. Software never works right until after the first major update.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:11   Link #1479
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Please don't compare anything with vampires to Twilight ever again. The amount of damage that abominable series did to the image of vampires in fiction is staggering.
Agreed, I can think of quite a few much, MUCH better vampire comparisons out there. I think we can give the rare breed of space vampire just a little more respect than that.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:45   Link #1480
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Whenever you find a comparison of vampiric show with Twilight, you can always say this: ďAt least the vampires in (insert title) donít glitter.Ē
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.