AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 22:11   Link #1621
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
So, wait, L-Elf being a prince wasn't a joke after all? And if he's related to Liselotte (whom everyone is assuming to be the Fuhrer, or at least a figurehead)... Wouldn't this just make him like Lelouch? Oi.
L-Elf's position is still up in the air. A-Drei is the one confirmed as a prince. Which might be why L-Elf got close to him in the first place to use him idk just a guess?

I'm so done with those fansubbers though. Was the whole forum really unaware of it? Princess? Really? Oh my god...
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 22:41   Link #1622
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Based on the Love Live! reference that was brought up a few pages back on this thread, a friend of mine decided to take a shot at making a new Love Live/Valvrave mash-up.

Here it is:

Larger version here.

Valvrave, the Love Live Liberator.

Or VVV LLL, for short.
Old 2013-05-07, 22:46   Link #1623
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Sweet!

Maki is Valvrave by default.

"Ask Not The Sparrow How The Eagle Soars!"
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 22:47   Link #1624
vanca

As trolling as GG usually, esp. with VVV this season, I think the "Princess" one is a typo. GG never really deviated the subs, they just have the knack for mess with the words intentionally as they pleased, like "lead poisoning", "bitch", "third reich empire", "fuck you" etc. But overall you will still get the gists. No way they would misheard "Ouji" for "Oujo".
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 22:52   Link #1625
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Sweet!

Maki is Valvrave by default.
Thanks! And Maki as the Valvrave is really funny, and fitting, when I think about it.
Old 2013-05-07, 23:09   Link #1626
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Thanks! And Maki as the Valvrave is really funny, and fitting, when I think about it.
*Honoka glomping Maki*

"Valvrave, onegai~"

"Ask Not The Sparrow How The Eagle Soars!"
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 00:12   Link #1627
Irenesharda

Has anyone theorized that L-11 and A-3 are brothers or at least related, and that's why they are so close?

We know they are friends but maybe their relationship or the bounds of their job and/or culture are such that they aren't allowed to refer to their familial bonds? I mean, even though their hair and eye colors are a few shades different, they are pretty similar. And though his character summary says that he and L-11 were rivals turned friends , I wouldn't put it past them not to include other more pertinent information that will show up as a twist later on.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 01:43   Link #1628
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Has anyone theorized that L-11 and A-3 are brothers or at least related, and that's why they are so close?

We know they are friends but maybe their relationship or the bounds of their job and/or culture are such that they aren't allowed to refer to their familial bonds? I mean, even though their hair and eye colors are a few shades different, they are pretty similar. And though his character summary says that he and L-11 were rivals turned friends , I wouldn't put it past them not to include other more pertinent information that will show up as a twist later on.
Who knows? With the Drossian Albino Lacus Clone in the opening and ending, one of them was bound to be some kind of royalty related to her. The leader of Drossia at that history lesson in ep. 3 also had really light blue hair. But then, their supervisor (Cain or something?) only referred to their relationship as friendship in the same episode. If they were family he would've probably brought that up instead. What with the context of that scene.

Maybe L-Elf will pull a full Lelouch on us and turn out to be a secret missing or disowned prince out for bloody rebellion while playing it nice on the surface. The girl might even turn out to be his Nunnaly but I'm going too far at this point.
Old 2013-05-08, 02:45   Link #1629
battleengine

Ending: everyone died except L-elf and he is standing in the rain laughing
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 02:51   Link #1630
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

At this point I'm almost sure L-Elf is the real protagonist and Haruto, the McGuffin ...I'm completely okay with that.
Old 2013-05-08, 02:59   Link #1631
battleengine

the only thing i want to know is who are the pilots............ the rest heck
Old 2013-05-08, 03:07   Link #1632
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
As trolling as GG usually, esp. with VVV this season, I think the "Princess" one is a typo. GG never really deviated the subs, they just have the knack for mess with the words intentionally as they pleased, like "lead poisoning", "bitch", "third reich empire", "fuck you" etc. But overall you will still get the gists. No way they would misheard "Ouji" for "Oujo".
What kind of typo is that makes a "Princess" out of "Prince"? Also, what about "Monsters have no feelings" or recently "I must prove my purity", neither of which have anything to do with what the characters actually say?

I rarely remember subber groups, but this group also made some ridiculously out there mistranslations in Aquarion Evol as well. (It was obvious they were guessing their way through a number of scenes or just making things up on their own. Or translating from Chinese with no-one to check the translation against the Japanese.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 03:15   Link #1633
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Fumu. Only Formula's ToS fansubs were actually worse. Though that doesn't say much considering importing scripts from other series would be more accurate than those.

I don't mind the joke fansubs but when the entire fandom thinks they're for real and judge the whole series based on them. Now that's extremely frustrating and makes a civil discussion impossible without taking a red marker at everything and running into the same mistakes everywhere. And that is exactly what GG does. Joke subs. Parodies. One long string of April Fools.
Old 2013-05-08, 03:26   Link #1634
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

I don't mind joke subs when it's made clear they're joke subs and anyone who wants an actual, non-joke translation should look elsewhere. But here as Blizzard says you have an entire fandom thinking the translation is "real" which is not only very annoying but also pretty unfair for people who just want to watch the show and know what the characters are saying, and not what the subbers make up to pat themselves on the back.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-08 at 03:39.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 04:38   Link #1635
larethian

*cough*, I thought Valvrave was licensed, *cough*
Old 2013-05-08, 05:14   Link #1636
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Official sighting of the Green Valvrave... And the fact that the pilot wears a green pilot suit. I think this confirms multiple pilots conclusively.
Old 2013-05-08, 05:52   Link #1637
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Official sighting of the Green Valvrave... And the fact that the pilot wears a green pilot suit. I think this confirms multiple pilots conclusively.
damn well that is too bad but y this 2 character is in the picture? any idea what the poster saying?

from the look i dont think it a student... maybe

Last edited by battleengine; 2013-05-08 at 06:03.
Old 2013-05-08, 06:11   Link #1638
II Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Maybe its not a student. But why is Saki together with Haruto? Is the Green Valvrave pilot related to Saki?
Old 2013-05-08, 06:14   Link #1639
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Maybe its not a student. But why is Saki together with Haruto? Is the Green Valvrave pilot related to Saki?
maybe it saki the pilot

i think the chance for new character is small as the character cast in the main website is fixed?

the problem is why Haruto in that picture for, isnt it to show the green valvrave?
Old 2013-05-08, 06:35   Link #1640
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Is Saki the pilot... or the OS-tan? Heheheheheh...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire