AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-15, 03:00   Link #1
Luanna

Send a message via AIM to Luanna Send a message via MSN to Luanna Send a message via Yahoo to Luanna
Unhappy need anime espically sad one

undefined

does anyone know any other anime that has where sadness from having a best friend hate you dor no reason or heartbreaks im like that now so please can anyone give me some answers or even some anime sad songs becaise the one i had before
Old 2004-04-15, 04:04   Link #2
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
The quickest answer seems to be:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien--my sig is devote to this show.
It is the closest thing to animated soap.
Old 2004-04-15, 06:54   Link #3
7thMethuselah

I have no idea what you're asking for but these are some sad anime's

Saishuuheiki Kanojo (saikano) : A love story about the impossible love between a shy girl with a very special ability (i won't tell you what in order not to spoil it but it gets revealed at the end of the first episode) and a regular high school boy. All of this in the background of an all destroying war. Very beautifull, and often depressing and sad, it's an anime that will leave you breathless for days to come after seeing it! Strongly recommended !!! Also be sure to bring at least 2 boxes of tissues, they'll come in handy...

Kanon : Boy returns to live with his aunt after being away for 7 years. He meets several girls he knew before but he doesn't remember any of them, the story revolves about current and previous things that happened between him and them. Heartwarming, at times depressing , a touch of magic but very beautifull. Strongly recommended !!

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien : A love story (very dramatic and at times depressing) about a triangle relationship between a boy and 2 girls. Takayuki is together with Mitsuki and just when their relationship starts to grow, tragedy strikes, what follows is a very tragic story of a guy being torn between 2 women and the suffering this brings upon those women and his environment. It 's still one of the best anime of the previous season for me.

Old 2004-04-15, 11:36   Link #4
sothis

Oseam really can't be beat for sadness.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2004-04-15, 11:42   Link #5
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanna
undefined

does anyone know any other anime that has where sadness from having a best friend hate you dor no reason or heartbreaks im like that now so please can anyone give me some answers or even some anime sad songs becaise the one i had before
Hmm, if your looking for something to mirror how you feel, try Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Some other ones that are sad or depressing;

Raxephon
Jin Roh
Perfect Blue
Kite
Galaxy Express 999 (my mandatory plug for old school anime)
Old 2004-04-15, 11:54   Link #6
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
Hmm, if your looking for something to mirror how you feel, try Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Some other ones that are sad or depressing;

Raxephon
Jin Roh
Perfect Blue
Kite
Galaxy Express 999 (my mandatory plug for old school anime)
Kite is sad... very, with violence and blood on par with a Tarantino. But I stand by Kimi ga~ for the best relection of the state you've decribed.

I may also add Gunslinger Girl in aspects of betrayal, but that one has its share of graphic violence as well.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:17   Link #7
Keiokie

Send a message via MSN to Keiokie
Its not a series, but Grave of the Fireflys was a really sad movie about the bombings in Japan. Two children, one I think was about 16-18, and the other was about 4, had to try to survive from starvation and disease.
Old 2004-04-16, 00:31   Link #8
momojigari
Great I-Jin

Oh..i agree...try to watch Gunslinger Girl and Grave of the Fireflies.
Old 2004-04-19, 01:28   Link #9
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

You can try live action ones. "A beautiful life" is pretty sad in my opinion. There is also Saikano, which is the most depressing anime I've ever watched; not sure if it's licensed or not.

Last edited by chaoz; 2004-04-19 at 11:30.
Old 2004-04-19, 02:32   Link #10
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Weelll...

For Kimi ga Nozumo Eien, there are a lot of depressing moments throughout, but IMO the series ends on a rather poignant, more resolved, somewhat-happy note. The ending will probably be somewhat optimistic, so if you plan on going on a binge, watch this one last. (It may even make you feel better )
Old 2004-04-19, 17:23   Link #11
momojigari
Great I-Jin

I also considered Chobits a sad anime.
Old 2004-04-22, 04:01   Link #12
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Noir
Haibane Renmei
Naru Taru
Old 2004-04-22, 12:50   Link #13
Sethi
StormRider

Like many said Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is Sad through almost the entire series but if you are really looking for the saddest think then go for Saishuuheiki Kanojo from the shows i saw that one is the most saddest of all through the entire series it almost made me unhappy of chosing to see it, ALMOST.

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Old 2004-04-22, 12:57   Link #14
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I pressure you to watch Grave of the Fireflies, the saddest piece of art I've ever seen. Another anime that will definitely bring you to tears, and is something different than most stuff you've seen is Now and Then, Here and There -- although some may say it's a masochist's anime. Still, it's amazing, though betrayal is not the main focus of it.
Old 2004-04-22, 15:34   Link #15
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I recomend Grave of the Fireflies too. I don't consider any of the other shows mentioned sad, much less tear-jerker, but "grave" left me in tears, try it! is a beautiful movie.
Old 2004-04-22, 15:52   Link #16
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Eva Thats a wanna be emo anime, with symbolism shoved in your face.

Full metal alchemist Gets, very sad at some parts.

Gilgamesh Gothic style anime, ... I can't really say anythings happy about this series.
Old 2004-04-23, 02:17   Link #17
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Grave of the Fireflies, the film, and Kimi Ga ~ are two of the most depressing things I've ever watched. They're both very good, particularly Grave of the Fireflies, but I had to give up Kimi Ga ~ simply because I wasn't in the mood for something like that. Each episode felt like yet another reason to have my heart put to sleep. I would also mention Voices of a Distant Star. It's rather short but it's a terrific show (produced by one guy, no less) and was very sad.
Old 2004-04-24, 02:42   Link #18
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domasai
They're both very good, particularly Grave of the Fireflies, but I had to give up Kimi Ga ~ simply because I wasn't in the mood for something like that. Each episode felt like yet another reason to have my heart put to sleep.
If you haven't finished Kimi, you'd better do it, Idk how you'd live not knowing the ending lol.
Old 2004-04-24, 16:42   Link #19
senti_MENTAL

I recommend Grave of the Fireflies also.

However, I do think you should check out Now and Then, Here and There (Licensed). In a similar fashion to Narutaru, the first few moments could trick you into thinking it was a light-hearted anime. Also has semi-cutesy designs. But then it shifts into a really depressing atmosphere, and when I saw it, I was very thankful that I wasn't in the main character's shoes. It has an excellently crafted psychotic villain, who you will end up really hating. The plot isn't hard to follow (also deals with issues such as rape and child labour, amongst a few), the music is brilliant, and you'll probably want to watch the whole thing in one go. Please do consider buying this anime.
Old 2004-04-24, 18:33   Link #20
WalDo
Where's WalDo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
I may also add Gunslinger Girl in aspects of betrayal, but that one has its share of graphic violence as well.
Gunslinger Girl is a depressing anime...