AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 14:47   Link #101
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Can anyone confirm me this. 5cps left angry and crying all the way to home .
You are very unlikely to be depressed at the movie and its ending. Just watch AFTER the credits, or you'll miss part of it.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 15:34   Link #102
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Can anyone confirm me this. 5cps left angry and crying all the way to home .
The movie leaves on a hopeful note. It's bitter-sweet but still positive so just make sure to enjoy the stunning end credits to catch the final scene.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 22:52   Link #103
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

its not depressing, but it is realistic. in that sense, it is similar to Byousoku.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:47   Link #104
Somnus
Eh?

Oh, how I loved this movie. Just another example of how something can accomplish so much in such a small time frame.

And the imagery! The first time I watched I'm sure my jaw was one the floor the whole time, which remains unconfirmed due to the fact that every fiber of my being was dedicated to the movie itself.

That being said, I watched it once for the sole purpose of getting wallpapers for my desktop, and am now running a shuffle of 10 spectacular wallpapers. Couldn't be happier.
Old 2013-06-21, 18:24   Link #105
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support

The Garden of Words was remarkably fun to watch, doubly so for the superior effort that went into all of the artwork. The movie itself seems to embody the concept that Brevity is the soul of wit, but its short length works in its favour. Lastly, the ending was not particularly depressing for me, just wistful.
Old 2013-06-23, 20:35   Link #106
Kushi

For some reason this movie seemed to hit all the right places for me. It had a lot of depth and it made you think throughout the whole movie. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous, and I was so impressed by every raindrop and water reflection.

Though I did wish they didn't use letters since it reminds me of 5cm and we all know how that ends.
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 02:08   Link #107
justpassingby

You can catch Director Shinkai live tomorrow in Komatsu Mikako-shi's radio program Lady Go on 1700 JPN time. [twitter announcement]
Live streaming here. Just click Play button on the right side and for first time streamer, you're going to fill in a simple form.

Expect some fatherly advice from Director Shinkai . He will be the third guest after Director Satou, and I forgot the first one, to come visiting for Mikako-shi's A&G Lady Go.
Hopefully I can finish my work early tomorrow.
Old 2013-07-21, 16:54   Link #108
achirist

I really hated Makoto's last film, so I'm glad to see him return to form here. The imagery is beautiful, and the emotions definitely are realistic; raw, powerful, and kind of ugly. Two emotionally starved people with precarious prospects for any future that form a connection and entertain desires for an impossible relationship that might actually have a chance to not work someday. The fact that they could empathize with one another was amazing.

Tags
shinkai