AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-14, 14:49   Link #61
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It's so blatant with the BL overtones, that the girls don't even have to use their imagination that much.
You have to take into account the magazine which it's published in. Nearly all of the mangas published in Zero Sum are very blatant with the overtones despite being a josei magazine

I really don't see why people must compare it with Kuroshitsuji, it has a butler but Kuroshitsuji wasn't the first to include one and I can name tons of manga/anime based in England or another ones which use Solomon and the 72 pillars...

About episode 2.
The animation at the start of the episode was horrible, it improved with Sitri's appearance but god... Like Karneval, the anime doesn't capture the manga's style.
I'm liking Matsuoka's performance although Sitri's transformation was so lol.
The episode in general was ok. And I finally could see the Hurray for John Dalton! scene animated
Old 2013-07-14, 16:07   Link #62
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, I know that even some fujoshi find it generic. It's so blatant with the BL overtones, that the girls don't even have to use their imagination that much. Yet, if it was actually a BL, it would still be only an "okay" one.

Strangely enough. Free! does a better job of being fujoshi bait than this show does.
This was more or less my exact thought.

"Does... Does this show actually have any females? I think I've made a terrible mistake..."

Although it is, unfortunately, interesting enough to keep watching. I am filled with fear.
Old 2013-07-14, 16:34   Link #63
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
"Does... Does this show actually have any females? I think I've made a terrible mistake..."
One of the credits (I think it's the ED) shows a character (presumably a demon) with a large bust and significant cleavage. So I assume there's at least one female in the cast.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 16:45   Link #64
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
One of the credits (I think it's the ED) shows a character (presumably a demon) with a large bust and significant cleavage. So I assume there's at least one female in the cast.
I HAD THOUGHT THAT SYTRY WOULD BE A FEMALE.

I'm just going to assume for the time being that the character in the ED is some minor character with extra chest armor.
Old 2013-07-14, 16:49   Link #65
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I HAD THOUGHT THAT SYTRY WOULD BE A FEMALE.

I'm just going to assume for the time being that the character in the ED is some minor character with extra chest armor.
I really think Sytry is a female. I'm thinking it's going to be similar to the introduction of Charles/Charlotte in IS, appears as a boy, but is eventually found to be a woman.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:58   Link #66
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
In the ED there's 4 females shown and in the OP there's 2 females. In fact, there's seiyuus confirmed some time ago in scans although ANN and other sites didn't mention it:
Sachi Kokuryu will play Astaroth (busty one) according to one of the latest Zero Sum
Mikami Shiori will be her daughter Lamia (she confirmed it in twitter)
again with Eguchi Takuya
Old 2013-07-14, 18:42   Link #67
firetiger027

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I really think Sytry is a female. I'm thinking it's going to be similar to the introduction of Charles/Charlotte in IS, appears as a boy, but is eventually found to be a woman.
Well he's not. Then again who knows maybe demons don't really have a gender... either way his VA is a male.

The animation in the beginning was pretty bad but overall I don't mind it. I'm just so used to all the bishie/shoujo shows being by DEEN and in that style that I'm happy to see them done by other studios even if the animation isn't so great
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 19:03   Link #68
GundamZZ
残念美人

The show is definitely girl oriented. Else, it wouldn't make sense for one guy foundling another guy's face. The ED is sung by bunches guys. The setting reminds me about Akutabe . Akutabe is definitely not involved. Else, all summoned demons will eventually become the strange looking muppets.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:51   Link #69
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 16:02   Link #70
ApathyEcstasy

lol William is no realist. A genuine realist would try to understand the mysteries. Will just goes into full denial mode.

And now he's in full blown denial that the church is out to assassinate him? How much more retarded can this get?

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 2013-07-21 at 16:20.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 16:44   Link #71
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Spoiler for ep 3:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 16:51   Link #72
Bern-san

This episode was supposed to introduce 2 female characters but they skipped many chapters and what was covered here was also a bit rushed. Like kuromitsu said, the best parts were skipped (the "you should see a doctor" part is one of my fav moments).
Meh episode but at least Kevin can appear more from now on and Camio epispde next week yay (will Kakihara Tetsuya pronounce his name correctly?)
Old 2013-07-21, 17:22   Link #73
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Spoiler for the girls:

By the way, I enjoy the anime so far, despite the general LQ-ness and many of the jokes being cut. I like the comedy part of this story a lot more than the drama part (well, the most recent story in the manga is the kind of drama I'm cool with), but the voices help a lot with the latter. As I expected, I already like Dantalion more in the anime than in the manga, and Matsuoka is totally killing it as Sitri.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-21 at 17:34.
Old 2013-07-21, 18:25   Link #74
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler for the girls:

By the way, I enjoy the anime so far, despite the general LQ-ness and many of the jokes being cut. I like the comedy part of this story a lot more than the drama part (well, the most recent story in the manga is the kind of drama I'm cool with), but the voices help a lot with the latter. As I expected, I already like Dantalion more in the anime than in the manga, and Matsuoka is totally killing it as Sitri.

The animation isn't bad, but yes it's not nearly as pretty as the manga. Honestly though I've rarely see a pretty/beautifully drawn manga that I thought looked just as good animated.

Spoiler:

I can see why they cut some things as they aren't horrible important to the story, more just funny side stuff. Like the "ghost" at Issac's house bit.

I also enjoy seeing the fight scene's animated, because I always had a hard time knowing exactly what was going on in some of them with just the manga.

Earlier someone mentioned there being an event, is there a link to see that?
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 18:39   Link #75
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The animation isn't bad, but yes it's not nearly as pretty as the manga. Honestly though I've rarely see a pretty/beautifully drawn manga that I thought looked just as good animated.
It's a budget issue, really. This anime is clearly made on a very tight budget with very simplistic animation, they can't really afford to deal with delicate character designs that are difficult to animate. They're having trouble with faces as they are now.

Quote:
I can see why they cut some things as they aren't horrible important to the story, more just funny side stuff. Like the "ghost" at Issac's house bit.
But those are the things I really liked about the manga. I find the drama kind of cookie-cutter. (If only this aired in the same season as Azazel-san 2... ) Oh well, at least the voices help.
Old 2013-07-21, 19:12   Link #76
Cloudedmind

Quote:
It's a budget issue, really. This anime is clearly made on a very tight budget with very simplistic animation, they can't really afford to deal with delicate character designs that are difficult to animate. They're having trouble with faces as they are now.

But those are the things I really liked about the manga. I find the drama kind of cookie-cutter. (If only this aired in the same season as Azazel-san 2... ) Oh well, at least the voices help.

Oh yeah, I understand. That and when you're animating 100's to 1000's of frames you have to simplify things. So yeah, not as good as it could be, but I've seen worst, and I understand why it is the way it is.

I hear ya, it does suck some of the fun out of the show. The "ghost" bit at Issac's house is one of my favorite chapters, not to mention Williams solution on what they should do with it. Astaroth and her teeth, is that even possible. xD
Old 2013-07-27, 03:05   Link #77
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

They haven't reached the goal, but they're holding another Nico live anyway, this time with only the devils plus "Yagimoto." XD (Poor Matsuoka, his suffering will never end...)

Also, apparently Michael will be played by Kamiya Hiroshi, adding another white/white-ish haired pretty boy to his list... I imagine the casting for these characters goes like, "Oh, a white-haired pretty boy? Is Kamiya-san available?" If they ever get around introducing Metatron they can make an angelic choir to balance the "devils and realist" singing group.

(Beelzebub will be Tachibana Shinnosuke... I dunno, not what I expected, but why not. But I'm disappointed that they missed out on a seiyuu joke by not making Kamiya play him. )

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-27 at 04:29.
Old 2013-07-27, 05:10   Link #78
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
(Beelzebub will be Tachibana Shinnosuke... I dunno, not what I expected, but why not. But I'm disappointed that they missed out on a seiyuu joke by not making Kamiya play him. )
This. This so much. Honestly I wish they swapped them around. Tachibana would make a fine Michael but the main thing is that Kamiyan needs to be Beelzebub.
Old 2013-07-27, 19:45   Link #79
Cloudedmind

Quote:
They haven't reached the goal, but they're holding another Nico live anyway, this time with only the devils plus "Yagimoto." XD (Poor Matsuoka, his suffering will never end...)

Also, apparently Michael will be played by Kamiya Hiroshi, adding another white/white-ish haired pretty boy to his list... I imagine the casting for these characters goes like, "Oh, a white-haired pretty boy? Is Kamiya-san available?" If they ever get around introducing Metatron they can make an angelic choir to balance the "devils and realist" singing group.

Kamita-san?! Yay! Although what's the joke if he had played Beelzebub?
Old 2013-07-28, 14:40   Link #80
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Kamita-san?! Yay! Although what's the joke if he had played Beelzebub?
He already played a Beelzebub in Yondemasu yo Azazel-san. He's a very special character. XD

Ep 4...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Cute curly shota is cute. I haven't seen drills on a male character since Gankutsuou... (And even Andrea had only one drill, it was an awesome one, though.)

Anyway, the animation was extra low budget in this ep, but at least finally we have Camio and his anachronistically fashionable glasses. I like Camio, he's pretty much the only sane character in the entire story.

And next week it's the killmoulins story! Yay! And Astaroth & Lamia's introductory chapter. o_o) I thought they'd at least move the plot a little... now I wonder where they're planning to stop.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-28 at 15:35.