AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-28, 14:47   Link #81
ookamigirl

Wow, Kevin certainly did a 180 on his behavior towards William.
That school sure is full of demons...
Camio-Maria relationship was really nice to see. It was also sad.
It certainly showed that even demons can be like humans sometimes.
Interesting and kinda sad episode.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 15:27   Link #82
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

By the way, it's a bit skeevy how Solomon apparently went around looking for angsty/abused/etc. demons, telling them "hey baby, are you lonely? be mine, I'll treat you right"...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 12:50   Link #83
Dop
We can't stop here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
By the way, it's a bit skeevy how Solomon apparently went around looking for angsty/abused/etc. demons, telling them "hey baby, are you lonely? be mine, I'll treat you right"...
Admittedly, I've never thought of King Solomon as a serial demon-shagger, but then again....

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth:
for thy love is better than wine.

I sat down under his shadow with great delight,
and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Behold his bed, which is Solomon's;
threescore valiant men are about it

Although that whole thing about teeth like a flock of sheep is a bit of a crap chat-up line.

The Bible. It's full of filth!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 21:34   Link #84
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

You just made me laugh so hard right now. Now the next time I see or read anything about Solomon I am not going to be able to get that image out of my head.

Interesting enough the real life Solomon did have 700 wives and 300 concubines, so him going around hitting on pretty much anything that moved probably isn't to far from the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Admittedly, I've never thought of King Solomon as a serial demon-shagger, but then again....

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth:
for thy love is better than wine.

I sat down under his shadow with great delight,
and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Behold his bed, which is Solomon's;
threescore valiant men are about it

Although that whole thing about teeth like a flock of sheep is a bit of a crap chat-up line.

The Bible. It's full of filth!
Man, some people have no idea. xD
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 14:43   Link #85
ookamigirl

It's kinda funny how those demons are enjoying their "human" lives.
Also, it's hilarious how William is easily persuaded when something is related to tuition.
Isaac is a total wuss and completely useless when needed the most..
His irrational fear of ghosts is annoying.
The story this time was mostly relaxing and action-free..

Old 2013-08-04, 16:14   Link #86
Cloudedmind

I'm surprised they went back and did this chapter as it happens earlier in the manga and the setting is different.
Old 2013-08-05, 03:06   Link #87
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Well, ep 5 was better than I expected, it actually made me laugh. Eguchi is such an awesome William. XD And I don't remember if he ever said this in the manga, but Sitri's variation on "let them eat cake" was hilarious. XD It's such a pity they have to cut the funny parts, it seems this staff would be better at comedy than at drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I'm surprised they went back and did this chapter as it happens earlier in the manga and the setting is different.
Well, they had to introduce Astaroth and plant some doubts about Kevin, two plot points that happened separately in the manga, and had to do it in a way that made sense in context. I think they did a good job streamlining things.

I'm really not sure about the pacing, though. I think they won't spend more than one episode on the next story (ep 6), we'll probably have the Sabbat after that, also in one episode, and if my hunch is right we'll have a two-parter after that (8-9), and then... they'll have 3 episodes to do something with the story. But what? They'll probably do something original. Oh, but they have to insert the goat vs sheep somewhere!!

By the way, it seems the official site jumped the gun and spoiled the whole Kevin thing.

I watched the Devils (minus Camio, plus Gilles de Rais and Baphomet) seiyuu Nico live, it wasn't as crazy as the previous ones, but it was hilarious. XDD I bet that wasn't water in those bottles. XDDD There will be an event in late November with pretty much every male cast member plus Saiga Mitsuki (the manliest of them all), I wish I could go...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-08-05 at 04:30.
Old 2013-08-06, 13:48   Link #88
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Well, ep 5 was better than I expected, it actually made me laugh. Eguchi is such an awesome William. XD And I don't remember if he ever said this in the manga, but Sitri's variation on "let them eat cake" was hilarious. XD It's such a pity they have to cut the funny parts, it seems this staff would be better at comedy than at drama.

Well, they had to introduce Astaroth and plant some doubts about Kevin, two plot points that happened separately in the manga, and had to do it in a way that made sense in context. I think they did a good job streamlining things.

I'm really not sure about the pacing, though. I think they won't spend more than one episode on the next story (ep 6), we'll probably have the Sabbat after that, also in one episode, and if my hunch is right we'll have a two-parter after that (8-9), and then... they'll have 3 episodes to do something with the story. But what? They'll probably do something original. Oh, but they have to insert the goat vs sheep somewhere!!

By the way, it seems the official site jumped the gun and spoiled the whole Kevin thing.

True, and as the episode went they did a decent job of it.

As for Kevin
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-06, 14:27   Link #89
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
As for Kevin
Spoiler:
Don't ask me, I got slapped on the wrist by the mods when I pointed out that the OP is spoilery.

But anyway,
Spoiler for Kevin:
Old 2013-08-07, 11:44   Link #90
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

figures, he's the one who has solomon's ring.

also, miranda rights didn't exist in that time frame. at least they got sytry's sigil right.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 14:27   Link #91
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

Old 2013-08-12, 00:22   Link #92
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Spoiler for ep6 vs manga detail:

Otherwise it was a fine ep. Things'll get interesting next week.
Old 2013-08-12, 02:55   Link #93
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

^I guess that was just the writer not really paying attention. Like Kevin addressing Raguel by name when he sends him to take care of William - sure, there's the spoilery OP and the official site giving everything away, but still, shouldn't there be at least a semblance of mystery here?

Anyway, I hope the animation won't be much of a letdown in the action scenes next time...

(Also, yay Fujiwara Keiji! And I still say Kamiya should've been Beelzebub. XD)
Old 2013-08-12, 15:40   Link #94
Dop
We can't stop here...

I have to admit that I'm vaguely amused that it's Twining's friend Morton who is the son of a tea baron, considering I suspect the author took the name off a packet of Twinings tea.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 16:05   Link #95
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
I have to admit that I'm vaguely amused that it's Twining's friend Morton who is the son of a tea baron, considering I suspect the author took the name off a packet of Twinings tea.
We actually have a brand of tea called "Sir Morton" in my country, so for me it wasn't surprising that Isaac Morton came from a tea family... until I found out that it's just a local brand and not an international one. (I should've realized earlier, it's not exactly premium tea.) Since then I've been wondering if it's just a coincidence or Takadono Madoka somehow came across a photo of a pack of Sir Morton tea. xD
Old 2013-08-12, 17:35   Link #96
Cloudedmind

Quote:
^I guess that was just the writer not really paying attention. Like Kevin addressing Raguel by name when he sends him to take care of William - sure, there's the spoilery OP and the official site giving everything away, but still, shouldn't there be at least a semblance of mystery here?

Anyway, I hope the animation won't be much of a letdown in the action scenes next time...

(Also, yay Fujiwara Keiji! And I still say Kamiya should've been Beelzebub. XD)
Kind of makes me wonder if the only people they expected to watch this show were those reading the manga. No point in hiding things we already know.

Kamiya as Beelzebub would have been so hot, not just because of the in joke but he does that sexy underhanded voice so well that would have worked perfectly for Beelzebub's character.

Kind of like Fujiwara Keiji doing Balberith, which is so funny because whenever I read his character Fujiwara's voice is close to what I thought of.

So next episode we should see Michael, or would that be two episodes from now?
Spoiler:

Speaking of Michael
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-13, 06:33   Link #97
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Quote:
We actually have a brand of tea called "Sir Morton" in my country, so for me it wasn't surprising that Isaac Morton came from a tea family... until I found out that it's just a local brand and not an international one. (I should've realized earlier, it's not exactly premium tea.) Since then I've been wondering if it's just a coincidence or Takadono Madoka somehow came across a photo of a pack of Sir Morton tea. xD
It's definitely intentional since there was a small joke left out where Issac lampshades the connection (can't recall but IIRC it was something to do with William not being interested in tea despite his name?).
Old 2013-08-13, 06:58   Link #98
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Oh, I'm sure William is named after the tea brand, I'm just wondering about Isaac. Then again it's probably just a coincidence.
Old 2013-08-18, 14:00   Link #99
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

Old 2013-08-19, 12:52   Link #100
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Fujiwara Keiji talked a lot in this episode, did something else happen?

Isaac is the best. An entire horde of demons is coming at them, and he's all "OMG THIS IS SO COOL! *o*)" Also, Camio should just win the election already, clearly he's a lot more competent than the other two combined.

As for the preview, so they'll do that story in one episode, not two... oh well, at least we won't have to wait to hear poor Eguchi trying to speak in Latin. XD;; (I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that part...)