AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-09-08, 13:18   Link #1
AstroNerdBoy

Ad Astra per Aspera [Manga]

Who's started reading Hata-sensei's (creator of the Hayate the Combat Butler manga) new manga, Ad Astra per Aspera?

The first half of chapter one is rather interesting, poking fun at the manga industry and taking cues from various sources. I wonder if Hata-sensei will plod this manga's plot along as he has with Hayate the Combat Butler.
Old 2015-09-08, 21:15   Link #2
MCAL

I like what I see so far. It classic Hata-Sensei all right. Comedy with a nice undercurrent of potential tragedy.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 21:35   Link #3
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

When I read "Ad Astra", I thought it would be the historical manga about Scipio and Hannibal for a moment

Seems it isn't though.
Old 2015-09-08, 22:10   Link #4
ChampDream
Alive

I like the first chapter, I really enjoy it.
Old 2015-09-09, 06:44   Link #5
AstroNerdBoy

I will say that this first half of chapter one has a definite plot in it. I think back to Hayate the Combat Butler, and I didn't realize there was a real plot until the Athena flashback story. I'm guessing that when we see the 2nd half of this chapter, that plot stuff will continue. I'm hoping that Ad Astra per Aspera then continues to move plot and not get bogged down just trying to do gag comedy.
Old 2015-09-09, 09:28   Link #6
Roxis
Company President

this is how if Hatta decide to expand his wild imagination the only question does he sure with that title Ad Astra that some long title what does that mean to begin with

edit: i just finished my reading. damn!! this has interesting premise i dont mind if Hatta focus on this one instead the later "whistle" (sorry Hayate)

Last edited by Roxis; 2015-09-09 at 11:44.
Roxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 16:15   Link #7
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
this is how if Hatta decide to expand his wild imagination the only question does he sure with that title Ad Astra that some long title what does that mean to begin with
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_aspera_ad_astra
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 23:19   Link #8
AstroNerdBoy

Ah. Latin. Most interesting.
Old 2015-09-10, 04:25   Link #9
AnimeFangirl

I read it. It was a struggle. I wanted to quit after the first 20 pages, blah blah woe is me I'm always being bullied look at my cool friend blah. And of course Shinobu is not going to be executed. He's going to get out of this scrape somehow and be on the run from the empire and fall in with the girl on the cover and this manga is going to run for another 500 chapters with no resolution in sight.

Thanks but no thanks, Hata. Get back to finishing Hayate first.
Old 2015-09-10, 04:59   Link #10
Roxis
Company President

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
I read it. It was a struggle. I wanted to quit after the first 20 pages, blah blah woe is me I'm always being bullied look at my cool friend blah. And of course Shinobu is not going to be executed. He's going to get out of this scrape somehow and be on the run from the empire and fall in with the girl on the cover and this manga is going to run for another 500 chapters with no resolution in sight.

Thanks but no thanks, Hata. Get back to finishing Hayate first.
damn you chichi you dont have adventure heart
Roxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 11:22   Link #11
AstroNerdBoy

I liked this first half chapter. The bullying theme seems to be a little more popular in manga today. I didn't get that they felt angst over it, more that these are a couple of weak guys.

As long as this manga doesn't interfere with Hayate the Combat Butler, I'm OK with it.
Old 2015-09-12, 15:48   Link #12
zeross87

first half was ok, but i'm here for the silly random 500 chapters long gags not for the plot
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 20:27   Link #13
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

that was a really good chapter.

Despite what others are saying, the bullying part came off pretty smoothly tho a little awkward. The part with the glasses kid helping the MC out had a nice feel to it and was well done. The setting is really interesting and did a good job to make wonder how the story will go.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 21:58   Link #14
dragon1412

whelp, chap 2 in English is out, ant opinion guys ?? I for once, really enjoy Hata Mecha design
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 23:25   Link #15
Exether

Isn't it supposed to be Chapter 1b? Anyway... So betrayed by his friend on the second segment of the first chapter... In that sense Hata Kenjiro reminded me of his other manga Hayate no Gotoku. Seems like innocent or simply unfortunate characters being toyed by other people are a recurrent topic...
Old 2015-10-16, 00:39   Link #16
AstroNerdBoy

Gah! I'm so late to the 01B release. ^_^;;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
whelp, chap 2 in English is out, ant opinion guys ?? I for once, really enjoy Hata Mecha design
I get a War on Geminar feeling with these mecha for some reason. Versailles comes off like an emperor or shogun, which is what I'm betting the miko is (or at least, the daughter of the emperor). I'm not sure if I've seen a magical mecha before, but it looks pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Isn't it supposed to be Chapter 1b?
Yep. This was all to be chapter one. Now that Hata-sensei has put Hayate on the shelf for three weeks, I guess we'll see some more chapters coming out in succession.

Quote:
Anyway... So betrayed by his friend on the second segment of the first chapter... In that sense Hata Kenjiro reminded me of his other manga Hayate no Gotoku. Seems like innocent or simply unfortunate characters being toyed by other people are a recurrent topic...
I was surprised by the betrayal. After rereading the entire chapter (A and B), I get the feeling that Shatou saw Shinobu as upstaging him by taking the mecha and making it go. As such, Shatou saw his last chance at glory die, thus he told his friend to die.

I guess the miko's name is Patty, based on this part of the first chapter?

Still, taking the both parts of the first chapter, there's a clear plot here for a series that will seemingly be more about plot and less about, "Oh, I need to stop everything for several weeks to do nothing but gag chapters that avoid the plot." Other than the premise to get Hayate to become Nagi's butler, I didn't think there was a real plot in HnG until the Athena flashback arc. So I'm hoping AAPA will continue what the first chapter has done -- plot with gags as part of the plot, when acceptable.
Old 2015-10-16, 21:21   Link #17
ChampDream
Alive

That nice Mecha, didn't expect the part with his friend betraying him, also the creepy bunny turning into a cute girl.
Old 2015-10-17, 11:46   Link #18
AstroNerdBoy

I kinda thought the bunny would be the girl, since the girl was featured so prominently in the promo artwork. There was always a chance though that
Old 2015-12-27, 10:45   Link #19
Toullaty

With the chapter 3, we likely had the begin of harem with Patty and Satella who seems to be an interesting character with a good story behind her.

I don't believe the manga will follow the same pace than Hayate the Combat Butler.
They are both in the same magazine, it would not make much sense to write a Hayate 2 and it is a monthly manga, the pace is too slow to allow many chapters unrelated to the main story, it would take too long.
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 19:37   Link #20
AstroNerdBoy

Chapter 4 is out. I should have seen the one thing that was revealed.