AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-04-15, 10:44   Link #1
Shift_

Anyone else notice a huge increase in failed hash checks lately?

So over the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed a HUGE increase in failed hash checks, this causes me to download like 1GB for like a 200MB file. This is getting rediculious.

I've been noticing it for more than one group, and diffrent trackers. Is it just me or are people turning off hash checks for fun?

Here's a good example for the past 4 hours or so with Bakasan's Naruto I've been downloading Piece 409 and 273 over and over again. I've acctually set a test, I restasrted the BT, and I've downloaded 500MB of piece 409 and 273...this is stupid and a waste of bandwidth.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:24   Link #2
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
So over the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed a HUGE increase in failed hash checks, this causes me to download like 1GB for like a 200MB file. This is getting rediculious.

I've been noticing it for more than one group, and diffrent trackers. Is it just me or are people turning off hash checks for fun?

Here's a good example for the past 4 hours or so with Bakasan's Naruto I've been downloading Piece 409 and 273 over and over again. I've acctually set a test, I restasrted the BT, and I've downloaded 500MB of piece 409 and 273...this is stupid and a waste of bandwidth.
Most likely you are getting the same bad data from the same person over and over again. Does your client ban IPs that continually sends data thats fails hash checks? If you don't, I would suggest getting one.
flammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 13:11   Link #3
Shift_

Yea mine does shad0w's experimental, it should right?
Old 2004-04-16, 23:20   Link #4
Shift_

It still does the same thing, with kick/ban clients that send bad data...any other suggestions?