AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 00:17   Link #81
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Crunchyroll's stream is at a mildly inconvenient hour... anyway, I've now finally seen it.

So far it's a not-unusual mix of characters. I suppose the other two members of the existing club (other than Blonde Rambo and the Hentai Seeker) will get a bit more characterization in the next episode.

The riff on K-On! really made me laugh.

Some part of my mind is still recoiling at just how pink and pastel the school is. I think that's where I'm waiting to see how this goes—how much the show mixes the airsoft antics (and what kind of airsoft antics) with the plot/slice-of-life/fuwa fuwa time.

And I picked at operating tanks with only skirts on, I'll pick on running around in the woods with only skirts on. Though at least they have knee and elbow pads.
Old 2013-07-09, 00:26   Link #82
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I don't want people to think this is too much of a Girls und Panzer clone, but I damn, "Girls und Airsoft" is so much easier to remember than the actual title.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:28   Link #83
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I don't want people to think this is too much of a Girls und Panzer clone, but I damn, "Girls und Airsoft" is so much easier to remember than the actual title.
Agree.

Its current name (translated as: Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3) doesn't even tell what is this show about.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:13   Link #84
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

C3 club will only make sense to those who know military acronyms: it stands for Command, Control, Communications. It's normally got an I added to it, making it C3I: Command, Control, Communications & Intelligence.

Title is rather boring.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 02:45   Link #85
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
C3 club will only make sense to those who know military acronyms: it stands for Command, Control, Communications. It's normally got an I added to it, making it C3I: Command, Control, Communications & Intelligence.

Title is rather boring.
Well, I know that, but my mind keep wandering to the previous C3 anime, and believe me, when I mentioned C3 club, most people who have never heard about this show will instantly think about that C3, not this one.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:02   Link #86
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well, I know that, but my mind keep wandering to the previous C3 anime, and believe me, when I mentioned C3 club, most people who have never heard about this show will instantly think about that C3, not this one.
Well, I've never heard of that C3 anime... what was it about?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-07-09, 03:10   Link #87
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
why people would think it is a clone of GUP? if you'd say "clone Uppotte" ok but why GUP? nothing to do they use to fire amres not tank
Old 2013-07-09, 03:32   Link #88
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
why people would think it is a clone of GUP? if you'd say "clone Uppotte" ok but why GUP? nothing to do they use to fire amres not tank
In Upotte, it's the girls who are the guns.

In this case, I'm guessing it's because people have forgotten Upotte!, which was about a year ago, and remember the concept of cute girls doing miltaku things.

Meh, I call this Airsoft-On.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-07-09, 03:40   Link #89
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
In Upotte, it's the girls who are the guns.

In this case, I'm guessing it's because people have forgotten Upotte!, which was about a year ago, and remember the concept of cute girls doing miltaku things.

Meh, I call this Airsoft-On.
I know! But stella Jogakuin is similar to Uppotte with weapons than GuP with Tank
Old 2013-07-09, 03:45   Link #90
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I know! But stella Jogakuin is similar to Uppotte with weapons than GuP with Tank
Both GuP and C3 are about their respective school hobbies, i.e. tanks and airsoft guns. Upotte meanwhile is an oddity where the girls are the weapons in human form, and they practice firearms use too. Hence why C3 is more similar to GuP than Upotte.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 03:48   Link #91
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Both GuP and C3 are about their respective school hobbies, i.e. tanks and airsoft guns. Upotte meanwhile is an oddity where the girls are the weapons in human form, and they practice firearms use too. Hence why C3 is more similar to GuP than Upotte.
my god ok ok
Old 2013-07-09, 03:58   Link #92
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

In other news, the chart posted by LoweGear, which was originally made by someone from /a/, was retweeted by the official Twitter of C3:

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 04:08   Link #93
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
In other news, the chart posted by LoweGear, which was originally made by someone from /a/, was retweeted by the official Twitter of C3:

it is normal it is a graphic perform good
Old 2013-07-09, 14:10   Link #94
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
I actually recall reading once of a guy from Japan who went to America for IPSC and won the 2004 Real Steel Challenge.

Turned out that he'd been practicing accuracy, reloading and all the other handgun skills with airsoft guns, and only managed to get a real gun when he arrived in America. He said that he didn't have too much trouble with getting used to the real gun, because of the shape and all being the same as his airsoft gun, and just needed to get used to the recoil and weight. Link here and another here

Having said that, Sakai did spend a couple of weeks getting used to the real gun, but by that point it seems he'd done loads of dryfire practice (which airsoft essentially is), and at the short ranges involved there's little difference between airsoft and the real deal. (Well, for handguns, anyway.)

Edit: To add further - shooting aside, airsoft guns still let you practice the other essentials. Draw, stance, movement, reload - the form is the same, the actions are the same.

Also, I really found Yura's delusions to be amusing. And now I'm wanting to look up airsoft clubs in malaysia.
Hmmm... so in my "zombie apocalypse/Highschool of the Dead Crossover" fic, maybe I should have these girls do surprisingly well when they get their hands on the real thing, though perhaps some of them (Yura, likely) having trouble with recoil and weight initially.
Spoiler for 119's fic idea.:
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 08:02   Link #95
Juke16

Funny fact about this anime, a guy posted on the Canadian airsoft forums saying he got inspired to start playing airsoft by the anime lol.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 14:58   Link #96
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I don't know if any of you have read Zac's review over on ANN, but you should go check it out, I lawled. To be fair he brings up a totally different angle to the series I honestly hadn't thought about, but I think he took the show too seriously.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 20:31   Link #97
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I don't know if any of you have read Zac's review over on ANN, but you should go check it out, I lawled. To be fair he brings up a totally different angle to the series I honestly hadn't thought about, but I think he took the show too seriously.
He makes a very fair point and fair criticisms to show. But hey, I'm one of those gun culture freaks that just eat this sort of thing up. Hell I even liked Upotte for the most part, even though it was largely unfulfilling.

And as an avid firearm user I also love to see media try to accurately portray guns. Trigger discipline was pretty hit or miss but overall they seem to try and make an effort at least! Just ask anyone who handles firearms, nothing makes you more nervous than to see a novice pick up a gun for the first time and immediately rest their finger on the trigger! And Sonora's form with the Desert Eagle is spot on, good grip and just the right amount of finger on the trigger. But you can tell the animators have never fired one. The thing weighs more than 4 pounds and the muzzle blast of the 50AE cartridge is brutal indoors! They could've at least found better stock gunshot sounds
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 22:23   Link #98
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
He makes a very fair point and fair criticisms to show. But hey, I'm one of those gun culture freaks that just eat this sort of thing up. Hell I even liked Upotte for the most part, even though it was largely unfulfilling.

And as an avid firearm user I also love to see media try to accurately portray guns. Trigger discipline was pretty hit or miss but overall they seem to try and make an effort at least! Just ask anyone who handles firearms, nothing makes you more nervous than to see a novice pick up a gun for the first time and immediately rest their finger on the trigger! And Sonora's form with the Desert Eagle is spot on, good grip and just the right amount of finger on the trigger. But you can tell the animators have never fired one. The thing weighs more than 4 pounds and the muzzle blast of the 50AE cartridge is brutal indoors! They could've at least found better stock gunshot sounds
It's an airsoft gun. Muzzle blast is non-existent.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-07-10, 22:33   Link #99
YF19EX

Although she is wearing earpro and appears to have a live box of ammo with shell casings ejected about. Although the magazine she inserts has the feed nub of an airsoft gun but that could be just the animator drawing what is only available for reference. Oh and yes a 50 AE is brutal but you really want to clear an indoor range, run a DE with the 44 mag barrel and run 180 grain rounds through it. Fireball the size of a person. (Yes I have done this and I was an ass for doing so and I do not do this anymore for the sake of fellow shooters on the range)
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 00:56   Link #100
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well not to bad but why dose every school girl have to wear a skirt when they fight and wow sleeping with a gun under neath your pillow
They're girls, what else would they be wearing?

Quote:
Well, I've never heard of that C3 anime... what was it about?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=12992

Tags
airsoft, shojo-ai, sports