AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-17, 00:37   Link #1801
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
1. Despite our best efforts, it is inevitable that some people will try to multivote. There always is a chance that we may miss some for couple of rounds. One of the aim of the current design is to minimize the impact these multivotes may have.

2. I have not found any real life example where promoting crushing victories had positive effect on the league as whole. One of the hopes ISML organizer has is for people to interact with other people with different thoughts. You can't have that unless you find ways to cheer up the fans of losing girls in hope that they will stick around.

3. Simple VD system showed how mere 50 voters can skew the whole thing in 2008. Only argument I have seen that says such a thing can't happen, is one that says because we have more voters compared to 2008. I have countered that argument by pointing out that mere 5% of the voters can successfully skew the results to their favor in VD/VF scheme, if those 5% votes in all the rounds. We have seen from events like Best Moe Tournament where a faction may bring in 2000 voters to all the matches. 2009 Rozen faction consistently brought in over 1000 voters. Do you wish to be at mercy of these factions? I shudder to think how bad it could have been if 2009 system was VD/VF, not SDO.

4. A faction that can manipulate the most votes will have the greatest influence in the result no matter what kind of scoring system you have. Only real way to counter this is to encourage diversity. It is my fear that simple VD/VF system for necklace will discourage diversity.

5. Any system has to pursue 2 potentially conflicting goals : (1)Abiding by Majority's desire (2)Protecting the voice of the minority . Simply going by VD will give people no incentive to court the factions that supports minor or weaker characters.

6. Most problems in 2013 necklace had its roots not in SDO system; the root of the problem is dominance of class of 2011 and certain factions tendency to show up only for "key" matches. ALL the systems discussed will reward voters that consistently vote much more than those who show up only for the important matches. For some reason, most of the outcry was against factions that diligently voted in all the matches. SDO system in most cases do better job of rewarding the faction the sticks around and be courteous compared to VD, where it is hypothetically possible to win the whole thing with massive single burst of support.

6-1 . It is very important to remember that some girls got stuck at very disadvantageous starting point due to her fans ignoring prelim seeding matches. Misaka Mikoto is a very good example. She got stuck in 2nd Tier due to poor performance in the seeding matches. No matter what scoring system we used, Mikoto's chance for necklace will suffer because her schedule being less favorable for the necklace.

7. If you check all ISML records from 2008 to now, you will see that there is clear inverse relationship between schedule strength and VD. Obviously, it is because you can build up your VD number much easier if your opponents are weaker. VD/VF system will ensure that a character that beats several 1-6 and 2-5 opponents will win the necklace over another character that faced two 6-1 and two 5-2 characters. Are you sure you want to reward someone for having easy schedule? Unless VD/VF system is modified to reward characters that beat strong opponents, we cannot accept that. SDO was adopted in 2009 because of this, and at that time, it had very wide support.
1: About multivotes: is the onus on the admins, the voters, or the system, to prevent them? My opinion is that at the system should not need to do so. Yet, here the system does. Do voters in general accept this?

2, 5: I see what you mean. So your emphasis is on longevity. I myself currently cannot say whether that is really a good or bad thing.

3: Are the 1k-2k votes that the factions bring in legitimate votes, and not multivotes? If they are, then what's the problem? It only shows the dedication of 1k-2k people. I see nothing wrong with that. I mean, Rozen Maiden wasn't that bad.

4: What do you mean by "diversity"? Because no matter how I see it, the current necklace system isn't encouraging diversity at all.

6: What's the tiering system for, again? Because I believe that, once a character has qualified for the main round, everyone is fair game and on equal ground. At the very least, a character's chances for a necklace shouldn't be compromised just because she got stuck in a lower tier.

7: Yeah, I know. But we're talking about crushing victories, not narrow victories. I was thinking of a hybrid SDO-VD/VF system such that the weaker your opponent is, the larger a margin you have to win to make up this difference. For example, you have to win by a margin of say, 50% against a 4-3 opponent in order to be equivalent to someone who beat a 6-1 opponent by a margin of, say, 5%. (These numbers are only estimates; actual numbers are highly likely to be different.)

If a system replaces any system which looked bad at the time, the new system will always have very wide support initially. In other words, initial support of a new system only tells you how good the old system was, and nothing about the new system. Future support, and not initial support, depends on how well the system works.

(On a side note: I hope you're not determining the top 16 of the regular season with SDO. That'd be utterly ridiculous.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
The question comes down to this : Which character do you want to have the necklace?

(1) Someone who beat two 0-7, two 1 - 6, one 2 - 5 , one 4-3, and one 6-1 characters with average margin of victory near 10%.

(2) Someone who beat two 2- 5, one 3- 4, one 4- 3, one 5 -2 , and two 6-1 characters with average margin of victory near 7%.

I am interested in your answers, but also will point out that in most of real world cases, people have overwhelmingly favored case resembling (2). This is why we have RPI ratings being used in College Baskeball and BCS system in College Football in USA which relies on polls and computer models that rewards teams which had harder schedule. I also know BCS is flawed, but all the alternatives suggested by someone serious about college football placed heavy emphasis on schedule strength.
(2), but only because the margin of victory you gave for (1) is far too little. If the margin of victory for (1) was something like 100% instead of 10% then I'd go for (1). There's bound to be an equilibrium point somewhere in between.

In addition, if (1) and (2) both beat, say, 2- 5, one 3- 4, one 4- 3, one 5 -2, and two 6-1 characters but (1) won by 10% on average and (2) won by 7% on average, obviously (1) would be the better pick, but my concern is that because of how SDO works you'll end up picking (2) instead of (1).

Basketball doesn't even count; I've never seen any basketball league where the points scored/conceded in a game counts (not where there's a need for such tiering in the first place, anyway). League tables always show wins/losses. I must say, I for one would be extremely fascinated in a team that can consistently restrict their opponents to single digits (or even win shutout wins) even if they don't fare that well against stronger opponents. I don't know anything about BCS though so can't comment on that.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-11-17, 01:12   Link #1802
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Tiering is for scheduling. Because each character only faces 7 opponents per period out of 35 total, the roster is split into seven tiers so that each character faces one character from each tier.
Old 2013-11-17, 01:21   Link #1803
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Tiering is for scheduling. Because each character only faces 7 opponents per period out of 35 total, the roster is split into seven tiers so that each character faces one character from each tier.
Wait, how did that compromise Mikoto Misaka's chances again?

Old 2013-11-17, 01:28   Link #1804
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

A tier 2's expected SDO when 7-0 is ~2.2 less than a tier 1's expected SDO when 7-0, assuming that seeding for everyone other than the tier 2 character is perfect (ie higher tier always beats lower tier).
Old 2013-11-17, 01:48   Link #1805
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
A tier 2's expected SDO when 7-0 is ~2.2 less than a tier 1's expected SDO when 7-0, assuming that seeding for everyone other than the tier 2 character is perfect (ie higher tier always beats lower tier).
Clearly perfect seeding is flawed, as her disadvantage was a lot more than just ~2.2.

Taking the median expected SDO lost would be a better option. Of course, take into account the probabilities of each case happening. So we'd probably be dealing with an exponential function multiplied by another, or something. Granted, it's not likely to be that high, either, but it'll definitely be more accurate and practical.

Old 2013-11-17, 07:09   Link #1806
wontaek

1. Because we can't perfectly place everyone in correct seed, some fluctuation is inevitable. Mikoto's best schedule turned out, in hind sight, to be at the first 2 period where she failed to go 7-0. She went undefeated in the remaining 3 periods, but the best schedule part was already gone. Thus, in hind sight ( which I have to emphasize ) , Mikoto had following handicaps in winning the necklaces (1) Tier 2's lower expected SDO ( Please note that even if you use VD/VF , Tier 2 would likely have lower VD/VF as well, since they would have to face one more Tier 1 contestant assuming all the Tier 1 contestants are of same strength ) (2) Her losing the first match of the regular season ( This had profound psychological impact on the voters and likely to have haunted her in ALL NECKLACE GROUP MATCH - Do note that necklace group match is heavily impacted by irrational feelings of the voters, thus the reason for not wanting it as the sole judge for the necklace ) (3) Class of 2011 characters fans' desire to keep Mikoto in check ( This is because Mikoto is a class of 2009 who beat all the class of 2011 for the 2011 Tiara ) (4) Late appearance of group of voters who wanted Nova division to win the necklace ( This was very unorganized group comprised of diverse people who just happen to share the desire to promote class of 2013 girls just because they like new characters or don't want the old characters any more. Mikoto was unlucky because she was the obvious target at the first real chance Nova division got. Mikoto still scared the heck out of them in the necklace group match, which made them even more wary of any boost to Mikoto's chance. Since Mikoto did beat Kanade during regular season, I have to say their worry was understandable ) (5) Mikoto fans' misunderstanding that only necklace group match matters along with Kanade match. Other factions, especially the pro-Nova factions, had many people saying "it is better if A wins because ..... ", thus it was easy to know who to vote for if you want BBB to have better chance at the necklace. Mikoto fans didn't bother to make such posts and often didn't show up for most of the matches. Necklace was supposed to be for total overall performance within the necklace period, not just because someone shined in 1 or 2 matches. SDO was designed to enforce this idea. Many Mikoto fans were not aware of this, and they suffered for it.

(2) Let me reiterate something I said before. In 1st hour of voting, ISML usually throws away more definitely confirmed multivotes compared to all the votes J AST receives for the entire 24 hour voting period. There are dozens of multivoting groups, all supporting different characters, that continually tries to bypass whatever preventative measure we set up against them. It is unrealistic to think we can stop them all the time, so we need a system that will minimize damage in case they breach our multivote defence. Simple VD/VF using any average system is too vulnerable to even low level of multivotes if it escapes our detection for the entire necklace period. It also is vulnerable to just one massive burst came in a way that we couldn't properly mark it as multivotes . Even though I am a fan of RPI ratings, several number simulation has shown it to be more vulnerable compared to current "partial point for the loser + SDO system + Necklace group round" format we got.

3. Yes, I care about longevity of any system I help set up. I do not want ISML to fall apart in a year or two. Best Moe Tournament showed us that an event that attracted 10,000+ voters, internationally, can quickly fall apart. In my analysis, two of the main reasons for this was (1)Negative feeling generated by impression that 2 groups with about 2000 supporters controlled everything (2) The Tournament structure and attitude not being open to diverse groups of fans = There wasn't enough hook around for the fans of losing girls to hang around

4. When I talk about diversity, my main concern is to make sure that fans of characters at bottom half of the rank feeling relevant and occasionally be rewarded for sticking around, so we would have dozens of factions vying for attention instead of 2 or 3 factions. You need diversity in faction characteristics to make it possible for surprise results and also to let new and old girls take turns to shine in the spot light. It is likely that system which will reward stronger girls by letting them punish weaker girls to be much more likely to drive away weaker factions, nor give some emerging factions sufficient time to build up its strength to challenge the status quo. Despite the dominance of class of 2011, the list of postseason participants showed consistent introduction of new girls and retiring of the old girls. Most of postseason members from 2008 and 2009 now struggles to even make the regular season. Without using hard limiting rules like the "3 year rule" in Best Moe Tournament, nor limiting eligibility to 1 year window like Best Moe Tournament and J AST, ISML has achieved continual transition towards newer girls almost every year. We want people to show their support for both old girls and new girls. This is not possible without encouraging minor weak factions to stay around

5. A large faction of 2000 voters will get to have things go their way most of the times regardless of the system in place. I need to have a system that will keep them in check to not let 20% of the coordinated voters dominate the other uncoordinated 80% too much. These 20% will get rewarded no matter what system we use. I strive to find a system that will "protect" the uncoordinated 80% and also allows for a scenario where a faction that used to control 20% might weaken to be minor faction one year and then come back into dominance in the next year . This is why we haven't embraced the idea of retiring Tiara winners while they are still strong.

6. In the example, it was mentioned that two characters whose opponents had same average win percentage will have different SDO because one averaged 10% margin while the other averaged 7% margin. Two things to be aware of is that this SDO margin will translate to less than 1% difference in SDO, since this margin will matter only in 1 of the 7 matches her opponents have. Furthermore, the necklace group match is there to account for this. Current scoring formula is SDO/3 + group round . Even if a character is 3% behind in SDO, if she is just 1.5% ahead in the necklace group match, she will win since (-3)/3 + 1.5 = (+0.5) . A consistent vote for a character, for ALL EIGHT MATCHES in a necklace period, will come out NET POSITIVE.

7. Check this out to see what would have happened if we kept VD/VF rule for 2008.

http://internationalsaimoe.com/forum...art=20#p170975

Using VD/VF rule, these would have been winners for 2013,

Aquamarine : Tachibana Kanade
Amethyst : Tachibana Kanade ( Kuroneko if we enforce 1 necklace per year rule. By the way do you want this rule? What justification will you come up for this rule? I want to hear your justification before telling my reason for supporting it )
Ruby : Tachibana Kanade ( Shiina Mashiro with 1 necklace rule )
Emerald : Tachibana Kanade ( Takanashi Rikka with 1 necklace rule )
Topaz : Kuroneko ( Misaka Mikoto with 1 necklace rule )

Note that Mikoto might have won in Topaz, but her schedule, barring the Kanade match was REALLY WEAK in Topaz. So, VD/VF system without 1 necklace rule would mean absolute dominance by Tachibana Kanade ( a class of 2011 ), and with 1 necklace rules would give the necklace to those with LUCKIEST WEAKEST schedule. Contrary to claims of many, I find many cases where VD/VF depends more on luck compared to SDO

8. I must say I find it interesting that people started complaining about SDO when Yuuki Asuna took a clear lead while it was announced that Eucliwood would face Kanade in Ruby 7. Any one can tell me any reason for this?

9. Wouldn't you worry if 5% of the voters who happened to be coordinated will determine more than half of the things because the 95% is uncoordinated? That is what will happen with VD/VF scheme. 2008 showed us that.
Old 2013-11-17, 07:52   Link #1807
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Even though I am a fan of RPI ratings, several number simulation has shown it to be more vulnerable compared to current "partial point for the loser + SDO system + Necklace group round" format we got.
If your worried about multi-voting or coordinated abuse, then personally I can't view SDO as a sane choice because it's vulnerable lies how it encourages people to attempt manipulate low-mid tier matches for more SDO and 20% can easily impact those matches easier than impact matches for higher tier characters, and I don't enjoy knowing a character like won or lose so to fit some groups' SDO plans rather because they were actually moe.
Old 2013-11-17, 08:35   Link #1808
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
If your worried about multi-voting or coordinated abuse, then personally I can't view SDO as a sane choice because it's vulnerable lies how it encourages people to attempt manipulate low-mid tier matches for more SDO and 20% can easily impact those matches easier than impact matches for higher tier characters, and I don't enjoy knowing a character like won or lose so to fit some groups' SDO plans rather because they were actually moe.
Yes, there is that possibility, thus the SDO scheme by itself won't be able to solve anything. The other check, and the most important check of them all, is to ensure diversity of groups of the voters. If we can reach a point where no faction controls more than 10%, while having several competing groups, any attempt to manipulate the system will cancel each other out. The big fear I have for most non-SDO system is the system's tendency to drive out the weaker factions. If SDO system lets weaker girls have an upset or two because of it, I consider it a small prize to pay for overall scheme of the things.

Right now, We failed to find a case where SDO manipulation is suspected of creating an upset that came more than 5% expected difference in various models. In cases where more than 5% expected difference was scaled in an upset, we could easily find non-SDO related reasons for it. To ease your minds, please list for us all the matches you suspected of SDO manipulation where more than 5% expected difference was indeed scaled. Let's check them out to see how mistaken I am or whether there really was a good reason why that had to happen.

--------------

The scenario I fear the most is the following, since I have seen it happen in Best Moe Tournament, and it may be happening in J AST as well.

You have a faction AAA which control 20% of the votes. This faction AAA gets to have things go their way in more than (0.2)^0.5 = 44% of the things ( Note : in simple tournament structure of Best Moe or J AST, as well as simple VD/VF scheme, this 20% will likely be able to dictate more than 60% of the winners and necklace standing ). This dominance goes unchecked, and factions which used to control 5 to 7% of the votes starts leaving. Soon, within 2 ~ 3 month, you will see faction AAA control more than 40% of the remaining voters, with perhaps one or two rival factions controlling about 20% of the remaining voters, since those that don't agree with these factions will leave while new voters are likely to belong to one of these power factions. You are left with less than 20% of the voters being free of factions. When this happens, almost every match becomes faction wars and voice of innocent voters will be drowned out.

The fear of above scenario is what makes me so open to possibility of weaker girls pulling out some upsets since that will let the fans of the weaker girls hang around longer.

------------------

I need to stress the following 2 points again

(1) Despite all the claims, there hasn't been many matches where more than 5% expected difference was scaled in an upset. Again, I encourage you to point out case where you think this has happened so we can understand them better. Without understanding what has really happened, we can't go forward

(2) Many voters behaves as if they belong to several factions at once. So, while there are large number of voters that shows certain trends, the number of voters that actually belong to a group with strong visible organization is actually very small. Even in SDO related upset, these happened more because " I want BBB to win the necklace, and since I find CCC and DDD about the same, I will vote for CCC to help BBB" , instead of the voters getting marching orders from a ring leader. Even in VD/VF scheme such a thing will happen; only difference is that it won't affect the lower tier as much. Still, if we have the necklace group match round in addition to the 7 rounds, if you use VD instead of SDO, it is a sure bet that people will campaign for someone with lower VD because that character beat opponents of higher caliber thus much more deserving. Anything VD/VF supporters hopes to accomplish will only be possible if we remove necklace group round.

(3)In most of the cases, I find that if group of voters favors CCC over DDD by more than 7% ( note : 3.4% is the standard margin of error used in respected polls like Gallup ) , even if DDD's win would have BBB, the girl this group likes the most, CCC almost always command more than 4% of the lead in such cases. Simply put, even ardent faction supporters seem to place their direct personal preference in comparing of two characters in the match above SDO concern for one of their favorites in different match. I think this is a sign that says scale of SDO is much less than some people claims, and wants to point out such thing is possible only if we ensure diversity of factions and supporters.
Old 2013-11-17, 09:15   Link #1809
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Quote:
Right now, We failed to find a case where SDO manipulation is suspected of creating an upset that came more than 5% expected difference in various models. In cases where more than 5% expected difference was scaled in an upset, we could easily find non-SDO related reasons for it. To ease your minds, please list for us all the matches you suspected of SDO manipulation where more than 5% expected difference was indeed scaled. Let's check them out to see how mistaken I am or whether there really was a good reason why that had to happen.
Most notable round to me suspect for Rikka's unusually high SDO seemed like it was create by an anti-Misaka faction potential, so I'll be looking at emerald round results for Character whom faced Misaka and Rikka.

Rikka's opponents:
  1. Yozora
  2. Mikan
  3. Nanami
  4. Kirishima
  5. Momo
  6. Homura
  7. Asuna
Suspected matches:
  • Mikazuki Yozora (4240) - Yui (3473)
  • Takanashi Tōka (3310) - Mikazuki Yozora (3853)
  • Honma Meiko (3267) - Kirishima Shōko (3814)
Misaka's opponents:
  1. Rin
  2. Tomoyo
  3. Nymph
  4. Mio
  5. Saber
  6. C.C.
  7. Azusa
Suspected matches:
  • Nymph (4099) - Iwasawa Masami (5018)
  • Charlotte Dunois (3708) - Sakagami Tomoyo (3111)
  • Sakagami Tomoyo (3198) - Kuroi Mato (3866)
  • Fujibayashi Kyō (3808) - Tōsaka Rin (3537)

That is total of 7 upset matches favoring Rikka over Misaka, I'd love to see you defend all of these and claim there was no attempted SDO manipulation at play here.
Old 2013-11-17, 10:15   Link #1810
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Take a look at TRE's Pre-emerald rough stat rankings:

Spoiler:

Also:

ARENA 01: [Ayasaki Hayate] Hazuki Nagisa Kirigaya Kazuto [Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart)] Kōgami Shin'ya Kurosaki Ichigo
ARENA 02: Akashi Seijūrō [Hinata Hideki] [Kinoshita Hideyoshi] Kuchiki Byakuya Mashima Taichi Ōma Shū
ARENA 03: [Fushimi Saruhiko] Hatake Kakashi Kida Masaomi Lelouch Lamperouge [Natsume Takashi] Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 04: Ciel Phantomhive Emiya Kiritsugu [Kanda Sorata] Kurapika Oreki Hōtarō [Otonashi Io]
ARENA 05: Aomine Daiki [Hasebe Yutaka] Killua Zoldyck [Maō Sadao] Okita Sōgo Otonashi Yuzuru
ARENA 06: Eren Jaeger Himuro Tatsuya [Kamijō Tōma] [Togashi Yūta] Xerxes Break Yokodera Yōto
ARENA 07: [Akasaka Ryūnosuke] Fuwa Mahiro Gin Iskandar [Katsuragi Keima] Kise Ryōta
ARENA 08: [Araragi Koyomi] Chrom Kagami Taiga Kōsaka Kyōsuke [Okabe Rintarō] Yatogami Kurō
ARENA 09: Rūmia Nazrin Mizuhashi Parsee [Kazami Yūka] [Hong Meiling] Hakurei Reimu
ARENA 10: Murasa Minamitsu [Komeiji Koishi] Kirisame Marisa Kagiyama Hina [Hōraisan Kaguya] Cirno
ARENA 11: Yasaka Kanako Reisen Udongein Inaba [Komeiji Satori] Koakuma Izayoi Sakuya [Hōjū Nue]
ARENA 12: [Saigyōji Yuyuko] Remilia Scarlet Onozuka Komachi Moriya Suwako Inaba Tewi [Hijiri Byakuren]
Old 2013-11-17, 10:16   Link #1811
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Spoiler for conserving space:

1. Mikazuki Yozora (4240) - Yui (3473) : Check the RUBY period record, which was before Emerald. Yozora was 12th in Ruby while Yui was 13th. Yozora winning was not a surprise given that Yui and SAO girls were criticized for winning the Ruby. Also note that TRE predicted Yozora to win with 51% of the votes

2. Takanashi Tōka (3310) - Mikazuki Yozora (3853) : Takanashi Touka was 16th in Ruby. Again, Yozora was doing better going into the match. Surely you can't say Yozora's Ruby performance was in anticipation for Emerald?

3. Honma Meiko (3267) - Kirishima Shōko (3814) : Meiko did do better in Ruby, but Do look at Cumulative whole season SDO right before that match ( Please understand that SDO here is used as one of the indicator of strength for comparing these 2 characters ) At the end of Emerald 2, Menma had Cumulative SDO of 237.145 while Shouko had 252.674 . This strongly suggest that Shouko was likely to be stronger than Menma and her number was suppressed by strength of opponents she beat. Kirishima Shouko also beat Yozora before this match, suggesting that she is stronger than the numbers indicates. TRE predicted Meiko to win with 52%. Since she ended up with 46%, this is a 6% swing, a bit outside random noise. Still, do also note the Shouko went 3 - 4 for the Emerald Period while Menma went 4- 3 . What gain that was achieved by Shouko's win here probably was lost in other matches.

4. Nymph (4099) - Iwasawa Masami (5018) : Going into the match, it did seem Nymph should win the match. Still Look what happened in Topaz period which is after Emerald. Nymph went 1 - 6 in Topaz while Masami went 4 - 3. There are reasons to suspect Nymph was losing steam and Masami was rising again probably due to tendencies of new incoming voters. TRE did predict 54% for Nymph at this match, but I strongly doubt TRE would give that number again in hind sight. Also note that Masami went 1 - 6 for the entire Emerald Period. Whatever the gain that was achieved by Masami's win here was probably lost in the 6 other defeats.

5. Charlotte Dunois (3708) - Sakagami Tomoyo (3111) : Again, in Ruby, Charlotte was 21st while Tomoyo was 27th. Charlotte was expected to win . TRE predicted 53% for Charlotte

6. Sakagami Tomoyo (3198) - Kuroi Mato (3866) : Kuroi Mato was 22nd, right below Charlotte. If Tomoyo lost against Charlotte, we should expect her to lose by similar amount to Mato .

7. Fujibayashi Kyō (3808) - Tōsaka Rin (3537) : Rin was better in Ruby, but she was WORSE in Topaz. Rin was on her way down in Emerald, thus this result isn't much of a surprise. Also keep in mind that Kyou historically did better in ISML compared to Rin . TRE did predict 53% for Rin here, but this was Emerald 1, which means people could not have been certain who would be Mikoto's opponent. Rin ended up getting 48%. The difference is right at 5% borderline, which means we cannot completely rule out random fluctuation being responsible for this result.

Last edited by wontaek; 2013-11-17 at 10:46.
Old 2013-11-17, 10:31   Link #1812
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

ARENA 01: Ayasaki Hayate Hazuki Nagisa [Kirigaya Kazuto] Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart) [Kōgami Shin'ya] Kurosaki Ichigo
ARENA 02: Akashi Seijūrō Hinata Hideki [Kinoshita Hideyoshi] Kuchiki Byakuya [Mashima Taichi] Ōma Shū
ARENA 03: Fushimi Saruhiko Hatake Kakashi Kida Masaomi [Lelouch Lamperouge] Natsume Takashi Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 04: Ciel Phantomhive [Emiya Kiritsugu] [Kanda Sorata] Kurapika Oreki Hōtarō Otonashi Io
ARENA 05: Aomine Daiki Hasebe Yutaka Killua Zoldyck [Maō Sadao] Okita Sōgo [Otonashi Yuzuru]
ARENA 06: Eren Jaeger Himuro Tatsuya Kamijō Tōma [Togashi Yūta] Xerxes Break [Yokodera Yōto]
ARENA 07: [Akasaka Ryūnosuke] Fuwa Mahiro Gin Iskandar [Katsuragi Keima] Kise Ryōta
ARENA 08: [Araragi Koyomi] Chrom Kagami Taiga Kōsaka Kyōsuke [Okabe Rintarō] Yatogami Kurō

Some interesting matches even in 1st match for males.

I decided to vote on touhou by looks this round since I honestly don't know a lot on it , might skip it later.
ARENA 09: [Rūmia] Nazrin Mizuhashi Parsee Kazami Yūka Hong Meiling [Hakurei Reimu]
ARENA 10: Murasa Minamitsu Komeiji Koishi Kirisame Marisa [Kagiyama Hina] [Hōraisan Kaguya] Cirno
ARENA 11: Yasaka Kanako [Reisen Udongein Inaba] Komeiji Satori Koakuma Izayoi Sakuya [Hōjū Nue]
ARENA 12: Saigyōji Yuyuko Remilia Scarlet Onozuka Komachi [Moriya Suwako] [Inaba Tewi] Hijiri Byakuren
Old 2013-11-17, 10:47   Link #1813
wontaek

My votes for today

ARENA 01: [Ayasaki Hayate] Hazuki Nagisa [Kirigaya Kazuto] Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart) Kōgami Shin'ya Kurosaki Ichigo
ARENA 02: Akashi Seijūrō Hinata Hideki Kinoshita Hideyoshi [Kuchiki Byakuya] [Mashima Taichi] Ōma Shū
ARENA 03: Fushimi Saruhiko Hatake Kakashi [Kida Masaomi] Lelouch Lamperouge [Natsume Takashi] Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 04: Ciel Phantomhive Emiya Kiritsugu [Kanda Sorata] Kurapika [Oreki Hōtarō] Otonashi Io
ARENA 05: Aomine Daiki Hasebe Yutaka Killua Zoldyck [Maō Sadao] Okita Sōgo [Otonashi Yuzuru]
ARENA 06: [Eren Jaeger] Himuro Tatsuya Kamijō Tōma [Togashi Yūta] Xerxes Break Yokodera Yōto
ARENA 07: Akasaka Ryūnosuke Fuwa Mahiro [Gin] [Iskandar] Katsuragi Keima Kise Ryōta
ARENA 09: Rūmia Nazrin Mizuhashi Parsee [Kazami Yūka] [Hong Meiling] Hakurei Reimu
ARENA 10: Murasa Minamitsu Komeiji Koishi Kirisame Marisa Kagiyama Hina [Hōraisan Kaguya] [Cirno]
ARENA 11: Yasaka Kanako Reisen Udongein Inaba [Komeiji Satori] Koakuma Izayoi Sakuya [Hōjū Nue]
ARENA 12: Saigyōji Yuyuko Remilia Scarlet [Onozuka Komachi] [Moriya Suwako] Inaba Tewi Hijiri Byakuren
Old 2013-11-17, 10:47   Link #1814
Team Rocket Elite

Spoiler for Votes:
Old 2013-11-17, 11:58   Link #1815
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

ARENA 01: [Ayasaki Hayate] [Hazuki Nagisa] Kirigaya Kazuto Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart) Kōgami Shin'ya Kurosaki Ichigo
ARENA 02: Akashi Seijūrō [Hinata Hideki] Kinoshita Hideyoshi Kuchiki Byakuya Mashima Taichi Ōma Shū
ARENA 03: Fushimi Saruhiko Hatake Kakashi Kida Masaomi [Lelouch Lamperouge] Natsume Takashi Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 04: Ciel Phantomhive Emiya Kiritsugu [Kanda Sorata] [Kurapika] Oreki Hōtarō Otonashi Io
ARENA 05: Aomine Daiki Hasebe Yutaka [Killua Zoldyck] [Maō Sadao] Okita Sōgo Otonashi Yuzuru
ARENA 06: [Eren Jaeger] Himuro Tatsuya Kamijō Tōma [Togashi Yūta] Xerxes Break Yokodera Yōto
ARENA 08: Araragi Koyomi Chrom Kagami Taiga Kōsaka Kyōsuke [Okabe Rintarō] Yatogami Kurō
ARENA 09: Rūmia Nazrin Mizuhashi Parsee Kazami Yūka [Hong Meiling] [Hakurei Reimu]
ARENA 10: Murasa Minamitsu Komeiji Koishi [Kirisame Marisa] Kagiyama Hina Hōraisan Kaguya [Cirno]
ARENA 11: Yasaka Kanako [Reisen Udongein Inaba] Komeiji Satori Koakuma [Izayoi Sakuya] Hōjū Nue
ARENA 12: [Saigyōji Yuyuko] [Remilia Scarlet] Onozuka Komachi Moriya Suwako Inaba Tewi Hijiri Byakuren
Old 2013-11-17, 12:36   Link #1816
CrowKenobi

ARENA 01: [Ayasaki Hayate] Hazuki Nagisa [Kirigaya Kazuto] Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart) Kōgami Shin'ya Kurosaki Ichigo
ARENA 02: Akashi Seijūrō Hinata Hideki [Kinoshita Hideyoshi] [Kuchiki Byakuya] Mashima Taichi Ōma Shū
ARENA 03: Fushimi Saruhiko [Hatake Kakashi] Kida Masaomi [Lelouch Lamperouge] Natsume Takashi Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 04: Ciel Phantomhive Emiya Kiritsugu Kanda Sorata Kurapika [Oreki Hōtarō] [Otonashi Io]
ARENA 05: Aomine Daiki Hasebe Yutaka Killua Zoldyck Maō Sadao Okita Sōgo Otonashi Yuzuru
ARENA 06: Eren Jaeger Himuro Tatsuya Kamijō Tōma [Togashi Yūta] Xerxes Break [Yokodera Yōto]
ARENA 07: [Akasaka Ryūnosuke] Fuwa Mahiro Gin [Iskandar] Katsuragi Keima Kise Ryōta
ARENA 08: [Araragi Koyomi] Chrom Kagami Taiga [Kōsaka Kyōsuke] Okabe Rintarō Yatogami Kurō
ARENA 09: Rūmia Nazrin Mizuhashi Parsee [Kazami Yūka] Hong Meiling [Hakurei Reimu]
ARENA 10: Murasa Minamitsu Komeiji Koishi [Kirisame Marisa] Kagiyama Hina Hōraisan Kaguya [Cirno]
ARENA 11: Yasaka Kanako Reisen Udongein Inaba Komeiji Satori [Koakuma] [Izayoi Sakuya] Hōjū Nue
ARENA 12: Saigyōji Yuyuko [Remilia Scarlet] Onozuka Komachi Moriya Suwako [Inaba Tewi] Hijiri Byakuren

Old 2013-11-17, 12:42   Link #1817
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
ARENA 01: Ayasaki Hayate Hazuki Nagisa Kirigaya Kazuto Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart) [Kōgami Shin'ya] [Kurosaki Ichigo]
ARENA 02: Akashi Seijūrō [Hinata Hideki] Kinoshita Hideyoshi [Kuchiki Byakuya] Mashima Taichi Ōma Shū
ARENA 03: Fushimi Saruhiko Hatake Kakashi [Kida Masaomi] [Lelouch Lamperouge] Natsume Takashi Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 04: Ciel Phantomhive [Emiya Kiritsugu] Kanda Sorata Kurapika [Oreki Hōtarō] Otonashi Io
ARENA 05: Aomine Daiki Hasebe Yutaka Killua Zoldyck Maō Sadao [Okita Sōgo] [Otonashi Yuzuru]
ARENA 06: [Eren Jaeger] Himuro Tatsuya [Kamijō Tōma] Togashi Yūta Xerxes Break Yokodera Yōto
ARENA 07: Akasaka Ryūnosuke Fuwa Mahiro Gin [Iskandar] [Katsuragi Keima] Kise Ryōta
ARENA 08: Araragi Koyomi Chrom Kagami Taiga Kōsaka Kyōsuke [Okabe Rintarō] [Yatogami Kurō]
ARENA 09: Rūmia Nazrin Mizuhashi Parsee Kazami Yūka [Hong Meiling] [Hakurei Reimu]
ARENA 11: Yasaka Kanako Reisen Udongein Inaba Komeiji Satori Koakuma [Izayoi Sakuya] Hōjū Nue
ARENA 12: [Saigyōji Yuyuko] [Remilia Scarlet] Onozuka Komachi Moriya Suwako Inaba Tewi Hijiri Byakuren
Old 2013-11-17, 12:54   Link #1818
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Broskander clearly the "moe" choice

Spoiler for votes:

Old 2013-11-17, 13:06   Link #1819
Archaeon

ARENA 01: [Ayasaki Hayate] Hazuki Nagisa Kirigaya Kazuto Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart) [Kōgami Shin'ya] Kurosaki Ichigo
ARENA 02: [Akashi Seijūrō] Hinata Hideki Kinoshita Hideyoshi Kuchiki Byakuya [Mashima Taichi] Ōma Shū
ARENA 03: Fushimi Saruhiko [Hatake Kakashi] Kida Masaomi [Lelouch Lamperouge] Natsume Takashi Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 04: Ciel Phantomhive [Emiya Kiritsugu] Kanda Sorata Kurapika [Oreki Hōtarō] Otonashi Io
ARENA 05: [Aomine Daiki] Hasebe Yutaka Killua Zoldyck Maō Sadao [Okita Sōgo] Otonashi Yuzuru
ARENA 06: Eren Jaeger [Himuro Tatsuya] Kamijō Tōma [Togashi Yūta] Xerxes Break Yokodera Yōto
ARENA 07: Akasaka Ryūnosuke Fuwa Mahiro Gin [Iskandar] [Katsuragi Keima] Kise Ryōta
Old 2013-11-17, 13:59   Link #1820
exec

ARENA 01: [Ayasaki Hayate] Hazuki Nagisa Kirigaya Kazuto [Kizuna Astin (Hampnie Hambart)] Kōgami Shin'ya Kurosaki Ichigo
ARENA 02: Akashi Seijūrō Hinata Hideki Kinoshita Hideyoshi Kuchiki Byakuya [Mashima Taichi] [Ōma Shū]
ARENA 03: Fushimi Saruhiko Hatake Kakashi Kida Masaomi Lelouch Lamperouge [Natsume Takashi] [Sebastian Michaelis]
ARENA 04: [Ciel Phantomhive] Emiya Kiritsugu Kanda Sorata Kurapika [Oreki Hōtarō] Otonashi Io
ARENA 05: Aomine Daiki [Hasebe Yutaka] Killua Zoldyck [Maō Sadao] Okita Sōgo Otonashi Yuzuru
ARENA 06: Eren Jaeger Himuro Tatsuya [Kamijō Tōma] Togashi Yūta [Xerxes Break] Yokodera Yōto
ARENA 09: [Rūmia] Nazrin Mizuhashi Parsee Kazami Yūka Hong Meiling [Hakurei Reimu]
ARENA 10: Murasa Minamitsu Komeiji Koishi [Kirisame Marisa] [Kagiyama Hina] Hōraisan Kaguya Cirno
ARENA 11: Yasaka Kanako Reisen Udongein Inaba [Komeiji Satori] Koakuma [Izayoi Sakuya] Hōjū Nue
ARENA 12: Saigyōji Yuyuko Remilia Scarlet Onozuka Komachi [Moriya Suwako] [Inaba Tewi] Hijiri Byakuren
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe