AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-04, 22:43   Link #441
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Hell, I quit after Gen 2, and now this is stoking my interest.

Speaking of which, I wonder if there's any chance Lugia will ever get a Mega evolution...
i think its possible every pokemon fully evolved pokemon is getting a mega evolution, especially with the way they evolve into the mega form

i personally hope to see what MegaGardevior and MegaDarkrai look like
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 23:03   Link #442
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Actually, based on what I've seen over the internet so far, people have been 50/50 about seeing Kyogre getting a mega form.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 23:16   Link #443
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Actually, based on what I've seen over the internet so far, people have been 50/50 about seeing Kyogre getting a mega form.
why is it so divided on kyogre?
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 00:26   Link #444
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
50% good because it'd be cool to imagine the design of what a mega form for Kyogre would look like. 50% bad because of him being a hax on hax machine. Stats with his rain ability and water spout and all that. Never seen him that way myself though, just what I've seen around the net since R/S/E.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 09:08   Link #445
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Hell, I quit after Gen 2, and now this is stoking my interest.

Speaking of which, I wonder if there's any chance Lugia will ever get a Mega evolution...
Would legendary getting mega form make sense? I believe Rowan theorizes that evolutionary process in Pokemon was them reaching their complete form, and which implies legendary are called legendary because they already have reached their complete form. Mewtwo could be exception to this as it is man made Pokemon,even though it is legendary.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:57   Link #446
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
If what you say is true terrestrial, then I wanna see an unarmored Genesect, maybe making it the first Bug/Dragon.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 14:08   Link #447
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Would legendary getting mega form make sense? I believe Rowan theorizes that evolutionary process in Pokemon was them reaching their complete form, and which implies legendary are called legendary because they already have reached their complete form. Mewtwo could be exception to this as it is man made Pokemon,even though it is legendary.
We tend to call "Legendary" a pokemon that can be found only once in a game... But story-wise, is this pokemon part of a legend ?
I'm taking exemple with Mewtwo or Manaphy...
But we actually have "Legendary" changing form : Keldeo, Shaymin...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:47   Link #448
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
i would say pokemon that the game's lore says there are only one of are probably not going to get mega forms that means that dailga, palkia, giratina, kyogre. groudon, rayquaza, arceus, and the kami trio probably won't get mega forms, now i won't throw out reshiram, zeckrom, and kyurem yet because they were all one pokemon meaning they might fall into the category of not being in a complete form
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 17:55   Link #449
Kreceir
♥~Likes to post Fan art~♥
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derping in League of Legends
Age: 20
Apparently there's a Character Voice Actor connection.
__________________
Kreceir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 17:59   Link #450
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
I'm more surprised she has a voice actress.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 18:30   Link #451
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm more surprised she has a voice actress.
They're giving the MCs voices? Well for the girl I shouldn't be so surprised since she'll probably accompany Ash when the X/Y animé comes out.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 18:57   Link #452
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
If what you say is true terrestrial, then I wanna see an unarmored Genesect, maybe making it the first Bug/Dragon.
That typing would lead to better offensively, but defensively it would be much weaker wouldn't it? But that would be pretty cool though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
We tend to call "Legendary" a pokemon that can be found only once in a game... But story-wise, is this pokemon part of a legend ?
I'm taking exemple with Mewtwo or Manaphy...
But we actually have "Legendary" changing form : Keldeo, Shaymin...
you know , lore wise I never felt Mewtwo was "legendary", being man made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i would say pokemon that the game's lore says there are only one of are probably not going to get mega forms that means that dailga, palkia, giratina, kyogre. groudon, rayquaza, arceus, and the kami trio probably won't get mega forms, now i won't throw out reshiram, zeckrom, and kyurem yet because they were all one pokemon meaning they might fall into the category of not being in a complete form
If some of those Pokemon do get mega, my god they would be so op. Though out of all legendary, I feel that the three legendary birds need mega evolution, for gameplay sake, because none of them are used in competitive scene at all.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 19:07   Link #453
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Mewtwo's a legendary alright, a legendary for having a voice that would melt the knees of everyone who would hear him (points to the movie 1 dub).
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 19:16   Link #454
EscapeReality
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kazamatsuri City
Age: 18
I'll be surprised if they can actually create something totally new and interesting. The current turn-by-turn game-play system doesn't leave too much room to expand upon.
EscapeReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 19:31   Link #455
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
If some of those Pokemon do get mega, my god they would be so op. Though out of all legendary, I feel that the three legendary birds need mega evolution, for gameplay sake, because none of them are used in competitive scene at all.
Mega doesn't necessarily have to mean better. Can just mean different. For example, let's use Slowbro and Slowking as examples. One is physical based and the other special based. Sure, they're normal evolutions, but the concept is the same.

As for the birds, Zapdos is used competitively. Or used to be before Black/White, at least.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 20:31   Link #456
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
50% good because it'd be cool to imagine the design of what a mega form for Kyogre would look like. 50% bad because of him being a hax on hax machine. Stats with his rain ability and water spout and all that. Never seen him that way myself though, just what I've seen around the net since R/S/E.
I think it's a little too late about ubers getting a mega form, especially when Mega Mewtwo was one of the first to be revealed
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:56   Link #457
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Mega doesn't necessarily have to mean better. Can just mean different. For example, let's use Slowbro and Slowking as examples. One is physical based and the other special based. Sure, they're normal evolutions, but the concept is the same.

As for the birds, Zapdos is used competitively. Or used to be before Black/White, at least.
Or more like Scizor, only difference is the type and stat distribution.
As for birds, that is what I mean. Even with DW ability, all the legendary birds are being outclassed in competitive scenes. .
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 15:49   Link #458
Kreceir
♥~Likes to post Fan art~♥
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derping in League of Legends
Age: 20
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Kreceir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 16:42   Link #459
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Mega Garchomp...we are all doomed...
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 16:44   Link #460
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Those starter evolutions...

A Rock/Ice ? It better has a good offense because that typing sucks defensively.

Fairy is immune to Dragon ?! That`s huge.
Poison finally gets a little love.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.